Womens Running

Frosty Friday Supermoms (Read 352 times)

mrszackmorris

twinmom: will your kids to go the high school you teach at?

leelee: hope you get the new that you want from your company...whatever that may be! too cute about the christmas list. dd1 keeps asking for something that she saw a neighbor and i'm trying very hard to sway her desicion to something else!

beckykay: your gummies reminded me that i bought the fixings for dirt cake to take to our friend's house tomorrow. dd1 remembered we took it and made it last time we were there so we're taking it again. mmmmmm dirt cake....

simone: hi! how old are you kidddos?

spike: yay for your mileage this week! i am hoping that c (yes, it's cash) will have an explosion in his vocabulary soon. right now it sounds like he is trying to say sentences but it comes out in gibberish. super funny. this will be dd2's first performance she has been too, so we shall see. dd1 will be totally fine. from yesterday: dh's dad passed away in may. he was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer that had already gone to his brain in april. he died exactly a month later from pneumonia.

rocky: dd1 and dd2 are 18 months apart. i will never forget when i was walking into the dr's office holding dd2 in the car seat while dd1 was walking and i was holding her hand and an elderly lady looked at me and said, "at least the older one can walk." very true.

jmmiller

Need to get out a small vent- do your Dh's not listen?  He has been doing it so much lately. This morning I finally had to say something.  His response was "I'm sorry, I'm just really tired from traveling."  I'm like um no you haven't been listening for weeks. It hasn't just been this week.  An example of his not listening was a few weeks ago I had a book club. I mentioned it a 3-4 times in the week and days leading up to it so it was on his radar and I had it on our icloud calendar.  A day before book club he is on the phone with his uncle making plans for dinner because he will be in LA for work.  When he gets off the phone I say but tomorrow is my book club.  Of course he forgot about it.  I was fine with that and got a sitter.  Then the next day when I'm at the book club he calls and asks how the kids are. I say they are with the sitter. Then he asks where I am.  UM DUH I'm at bookclub.  I blew it off because it all worked out but since then I will say something and he will forget it 5 mintues later.  I love him to death  but its getting really old.  FAST

5K - 21:44     10K - 44:54     15k - 1:09:37     HM - 1:39:05   Marathon - 3:28:48

twinmom_112002

MRZM: My kids will attend my high school. It is just easier as far as logistics go and it the best high school in the area (not biased or anything). Thankfully getting them transferred here is easy as a teacher. My FIL died a year ago next week from lung cancer that had spread to his brain as well. It was probably a stroke that killed him. Holidays should be intereting this year because of it.

runswithrocky

mrszm - I'm already getting judgy looks and comments of "oh was *that one* planned"  (indicating my belly).  Heck yes this one was planned, thank you very much, nosey!  And I was looking for a big sister shirt for Em and the clerk rudely informed me that "Big Sister" shirts start at 2T NOT 12-18 months.  Yes, I'm trying to get Emily used to walking nicely and just this last week she is really starting to get it.

BermyHorse

my personals are as long as an essay but 1) I love my friendships with you ladies 2) I have missed personals from last week and getting to hear about your daily adventures 3) I am procrastinating my plank.

Rg – what temp is cold? And so impressed with your xmas shopping. You are really organized. What did you get everyone? Hope they don’t lurk… You’re our resident Queen Plankette with that time!!!!

Zorbs – sounds like your lighter thingy is on the blink. I gave up alcohol 3.5 years ago. I was drinking every night and on my own. Not good for me or my mental health. And I was drinking so I could cover up my painful miserable life (at the time). I am an awesome sober person. I was bitter, angry and nasty when I drank.  I had no choice really, all or nothing. I have a lot of respect for your friend. Do you drink around him?

Cm – enjoy your work xmas party. Whoo on your cramps – how much left til due date?

Mrszm – I may have to try guess. How would you describe your figure? Up to now I have played safe with gap, levis and express. I just bought some lucky ones but I am losing weight after I got AF back so I think they will be too big soon. Hope SS loves your package. Xmas anxiety of people pleasing?! Nice plank.

Mer – ploughing snow sounds like a fun job. I can’t imagine living somewhere cold. Where do you live? Sounds pretty. Nice long run – sounds awesome.

Cx2 – my DS is super clingy when we go crazy places/ new people. It is not your fault your baby is clingy. She LOVES her mama and is really enjoying the safety of your arms! Look after yourself with that throat/cough.

Jm – xmas party was all “picked over” by the time we got there. I had to park and walk in the dark (not cool with kids in a sketchy area carrying a toddler through muddy field). Then I sat at the decoration-making table and some kid bawled that I had taken his seat. I hadn’t. Dude, I am an adult. Where was his mom? It was 6pm at this time, all the kids were cranky. The venue was way too small. Santa was late etc etc. I think I burn way more calories with the stroller. I think it has made me a lot stronger. Maybe not faster, but tougher.

Shleby – I have never done the same workout with my coach twice. She makes me do all speedwork outs on bumpy fields or trails so when I translate that onto asphalt I feel like a rocket. That workout looked like algebra. Use that time this weekend to have a BLASTINGLY awesome workout and some thing special with DS. Then at least you feel you have gained something. It’s tough when DH is sick as a mom. I plank on my forearms to make it harder.

CA – great on sleep! Good for you! What are you doing for the holiday season?

Twinmom- my DH was laughing at you planking at your desk. He said we should all have to do one plank a day in a really bizarre place. Hmm, maybe we can start that challenge next week. I would not run in front of people if I could choose to. Especially high school boys at practice. She knows how to make me focus and not care. I am very conscious about my body. I think that was why she made me train with the elites on Tuesday too.

Lee – management need to tell you what’s going on. I hate that. I have to work with and around transparency. How did you decide to live with MIL? My DH asked me if I would. I am thinking very carefully about my answer. She is no help (can’t cook, babysit, clean etc), she would be another body to look after and care for. That sounds a bit mean, but it’s blatant truth. NICE on the dentist! Well done mom! That party sounds lovely. Hope you get to keep your job.

Becky – well done on the gummies. You are responsible for growing a human being. My house is also a disaster. If it is normally a disaster then I don’t stress as disaster=normal. No one expects it any different. Miss you on here. You are funny and make me laugh a lot. I did want chocolate.

Simone – flight sounds awful. Did you say something? So cute on his stuffed friends! Well done on 5m this morning. Pain sounds awful. Yes on spinach pie – it was from clean eating cookbook (and so is the shepherd’s pie).

Spike – you sound like you have a lovely weekend planned. Great on your little talker! Mine has only said “hello” and “apple” and both of those were 2 mo apart. He is a silent ninja. I was impressed with your impromptu stroller speed work! I only ever ran same pace miles before I met coach.

Rocky – how are you feeling with pg?

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

runninmer

mer: dh is opposite of your dh right now. he wants a TON of snow since he now has a 4 wheeler with a plow attached to it.  how many people are at your game night? you guys should play the game TIME'S UP. it our favorite at cousin cards.

Too funny....we played that last night!  We only made it through one game, three rounds.  DH hated the last round with the actions only.  We were laughing SO hard.  There were 9 people there last night.  It was a very good time.  

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

twinmom_112002

JM: That is my husband to a T. He just doesn't process stuff. I blame heavy drug use when he was a teenage and years of heading a ball during soccer. In reality though its probably because he doesn't think its important so he doesn't try to remember. I try not to get too frustrated. Vitamin B complex does help a little (her remembers more when he takes it daily than when he neglects to take it).

twinmom_112002

I am so up for the plank in a weird location challenge......

superspike113

Honorary Old

twinmom- I hate running in the heat.  I would take the cold any day. I wear shorts if its mid-40's or higher because i overheat easily. Hmm- what grade is your DS? Is there something that he really wants that he can earn points towards getting with good grades? Like say 100 points to earn a Nintendo- an A is 5 pts, a B is 2 points? Something like that where at the end of the quarter or semester he can get something he really wants, but if he doesn't work hard, its not happening?

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

BermyHorse

Plank - 1.16. I am very proud of that. I have improved 6 seconds each day. I let my eyes go blurry and did CA's yoga breathing and it was much better. I still clench my butt and fists though... I am going to try to keep it up this weekend. Whoo hoo. Flat stomach for us supermoms AHOY!

twinmom - if someone asked you what you were doing when you were planking in an odd place what would you say? "Erm, I am looking for my earring?", "I am tired and want to lie down but the floor is dirty" ,"I have been holding this for 15 minutes", "Think I can do this with no hands?"

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

RunningUphill

Good Morning!

RR: Nada today.  Barely eeked out 3 yesterday and forgot to do my planks!  I will make up for them today and do them twice.

TR: Had a really rough night.  He was super sad when I picked him up from school and cried all evening.  He said his tummy hurt, but only after I asked so I am not sure that was really it.  He went to sleep ok but woke up at 1:30 and wouldnt go back to sleep.  Came in bed with us and slept until 5am.  up again.  Up for the day at 6.  I hope he is ok today!  He is home with gma and gpa and seemed sad when I left but nothing else visibly wrong.  We have a lot of fun things planned for the weekend so I hope he is ok : (

NRR: I know I sound like a broken record but I am so frustrated with my body.  O was a false alarm on monday : (  Still no O.  Who else here temps?  My temps have been SUPER low this month.  Should I be concerned?  I am dying to see that damn smiley face on the opk so I can relax.

Back for personals. . .

Marathonjen

Selfish post for me today...gotta get stuff done on my day off.

RR - 12 on the TM...started to lose my mind the last 2 miles

BR - We will have our first night away from him...he will be 14 months tomorrow but I am still nervous.  Was better last night because dada was home!  Although I still had to do everything since daddy was working from home and then went to see his mom in the hospital.

NRR - Night away with DH...first time since J was born.  I am nervous to leave him.  He will be with SIL who he doesn't know very well as she lives in Denver but is visiting for MIL heart surgery which was yesterday.  Surgery went well and she goes home today.

FR - LOTS OF WINE at DH's Christmas party for work tonight.  Hopefully it is fun....if it isn't I will be too drunk to noticeWink

Have a great weekend ladies!  Off to clean my house

runninmer

Bermy - I am in WI.  Plowing really isn't that glamorous.  DH has to go out when it is done snowing and many times before the county plows have been out.  He also has a lot of clients in which he has to go back to repeatedly especially if it is a larger storm.  Some people (like mrszm's husband) enjoy it because they just have to do their driveway and they get to "play"...when they get up.  DH has to do it before everyone else wants to leave for work.  There is just a lot of stress that comes with the unknown of when it will start and end, will all of the equipment work, will there be enough time to get everything done, will I be out for 5 hours or 36.  He really has been out for days before.  Anyway, I have learned to deal with him and all the stress he brings on.  We have been together since we were 16 and he started plowing when he was 18.  I get it, and just try to be paitent and remind him of the nice checks that will come in afterward.  Smile  

To answer your question from yesterday, my next race is a 5K at the zoo.  I am starting to look at spring races.  I might do a marathon relay or another event at a close race.  

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

back for more later..planking in a weird location, you say?

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

twinmom_112002

Bermy: I like all those suggestions. I might add in an invitation to join me. Might make my senior do it with me next week. They take a big test (like AP) in May and I might have a weekly walk/run day after that since all our curriculum will be done but there will still be 6 weeks of school left.

spike: I was thinking about that. Not giving the reward for grades but giving rewards for effort. Like for every week he turns everything in he gets a special date with dh or I to go out to dinner or frozen yogurt. I tell my kids that I don't care what their grades are if they are trying. The problem is that he is not trying.