Womens Running

It's Gonna Be One of Those Mondays (Read 22 times)

Yeah, it's gonna be one of those Mondays

I was supposed to fly out early this morning.  Up at 0400, I was almost ready and saw that I had a voice mail message on my phone.  My flight was cancelled, and after two long calls, I am rebooked with two connections to land in Philly at 11 pm. 

I guess it is due to heavy fog, but ugh.  The bright side is that I did not have to drive all the way to the airport to find out my flight was cancelled.

I'm wide awake, so I guess I will sew all morning. 

My foot is better this morning.  Yesterday it blew up like a balloon and really hurt. I couldn't put any weight on it. I RICED it and took motrin, which helped a lot. It is still a bit swollen. I don't want to workout this morning--still need to be able to walk through airports later.

I hope your Monday is going smoother!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 7 miles tonight.

Ugh, Sue.  Glad you were able to figure it out before you left the house. Surprised they didn't text you or had the app give you an update (at least the major airlines do that and it appears on my phone notifications, but not sure about the more smaller airlines).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

7.4 for me. I did 12x 1 min/1 min recover. Abs class after work.

Good run! I looked at the temperature and it said 54 so I went out in shorts and a short sleeve. WTH. It felt like 44..my legs were okay but my arms were cold! My watch told me I burned 800+ calories..wondering if that is even accurate since my wrist was freezing. Anyway, all in all a good run! Looking forward to some lower mileage this week (that won't last long Wink ).

I have a weird feeling about today. It is a weird, uneasy feeling. Maybe its because it is STILL DARK OUT at 7:30! WTH!!!!

Run4kupcakes – Oh man!!! What an awful day you had yesterday. I guess you will have the truck towed?

Karen – Haha, Riley and Huckles definitely need some daycare! Ruger was after us this morning around 6:45am to start playing..NO. He went to daycare Smile YAY for no apartments! Great news!

Susan – Oh Susan. Sorry about the hectic morning. You are right – could have been worse – you could have been sitting at the airport! Glad the foot is feeling better. Hoping it continues to improve!

Docket – Good luck on the 7!!

Going to be a busy day...we have some people out sick so Liz gets to have their work load. Yay me...

Happy Monday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

It's a rest day today so i'm going for a walk with hubby

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Lizzie, congrats! Hope you get away from Mammel soon.

Anonymous Guest

WoooooooooHoooooooooo!!!! Congratulations girl, you deserve it!

I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, that is so awesome!!!!!!!!!  Congrsts!!!!!!!  Wahooo.

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Anonymous Guest

About to head out for my easy run. But first, the vet emailed over Huckles x-ray. It makes me laugh so I thought I'd share.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Kilmisters, how is your injury? That must really have hurt. :::HUGS:::

Lizzie! Lizzie! CONGRATS! 

Saturday was SDO. My second pair of new Adrenalines arrived! I tried one of last year’s shoes on with one of this year’s shoes. There is definitely a higher drop on the new ones. I really felt lopsided wearing one of each. Big difference like the “princess and the pea” or “rodent with a higher drop”. 

Sunday Buddy was there at the park to greet me! We did a short run, then planned for an earlier time next Sunday so we can have a longer one. It’s good to see him again. He’s doing great for 81 years old.

After meeting him I drove down to the park and did a total of 50 minutes running. My legs are feeling the difference with the TM versus the asphalt. And then there is the time change.

Today I did a TM run downstairs, walked fast for 15, then did groceries. They have gone up…again. At least they have good sales though.
                        Happy runs, All ! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Back for personals.

Sue, what a bummer about your flight, at least you found out before you left.  I hope you get in OK without any more problems.

Damaris, have a good run tonight.

Lizzie, nice run!  So, inquiring minds want to know more details.  When do you start and any more deets you know.  So very happy for you.

Lori, enjoy your walk with DH.

Hi HCK!!

Karen, nice X-ray!  Hope the other bolt is somewhere to be found...  Also good on the lack of apartments coming.  Phew.

Judy, how nice Sunday Buddy is back!

I went out for a few miles this morning, and I barely started and knew it wasn't going to go well - chilly, windy, misty.  So I managed a mile.  Then I thought to myself, and this is a crazy thought...  I have a TM!  So I actually came back in, popped NCIS on my Kindle, and did a bit over 2 more miles.  Not much total, but hey, I got up off my lazy ass.

Work sucked yesterday, I was kinda down, so it really was challenging.  We shall see what today holds.

Happy Monday all.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Kilmisters

Congrats, Liz!! That is so awesome!! And - Karen - that pic made me laugh; I showed it too my colleagues Smile

I have a mild concussion. This. Sucks. I don't want to deal w this crap month before starting MI training and 7 weeks before local 20+k trail race. Oh and 2 weeks before floorball play-offs. Timing totally sucks. I am out of shape as it is, and now this. Meh.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Yay, Liz!  When will you start?  Have you told Mammel yet?  Hope it's in person so you can see his face as he cries...

Karen, lol.  Oh, Huckleberry.

Lori, enjoy the rest.

Judy, yay for new shoes!

Kat, a mile is better than zero.  Well done.

Elina, WTF.  Nooooo!  Feel better soon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I dont know the details on the job yet. Because this is an internal transfer, she had to speak to MAMMEL first on how soon I could start. He spoke to her but I haven't talked to him yet on what they decided. He is in a meeting right now - will try to catch him before I leave.

SO EXCITED!!!! I have some giddy energy to burn at abs tonight!!

Karen -That xray is GREAT!!! I love it. Hahahaha. You need to frame that. Nice run today!

Lori – Enjoy your walk!! I have been walking in the evenings with HCF. Its nice.

Judy – Yay for more shoes!  I was just thinking of buying myself another pair of Brooks Glycerin’s since they are on “sale” now. Yay for Sunday Buddy!! 81 years old and still running..whew. Good for him! Hope I can say the same at that age! Nice workout this morning. Carrying the groceries in the house is some serious cross-training Smile

Kathryn – Woohoo nice job on the miles this morning. I had to laugh that you forgot you had a treadmill Smile I hope you have a better day today!! Don’t really know the details right now.

Kilmisters – On no on the concussion!! Get some rest and take care of yourself!

Docket – YES I told Mammel. He looked VERY surprised. He tried to say it was all him because he put in such a good word for me. LIES.

Have a good afternoon/evening!