Womens Running

Transmogrified Monday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Snow storm, opening time at work has changed twice, whatever.

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day for me. Dentist in 20 min or so. My appt is at 8. I'm here. Just not able to get in yet. You never know with traffic so I had to leave early.

Marjorie

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Have been doing cardio with running intervals for 3 days. Body has decided it needs MUCH more food since my speed has increased a lot. I am trying to keep the body under control. Not easy.

Work starts late today do to storm so I will do a late workout. I really need to get on the hand weights as well. I am itching to go back to the track but need to get better weather due to old car situation.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

lots of snow, but library still open normal hours....darn it!

Did my weights this morning.  The weights have really helped with the broken wrist strength.  I do this one routine that I started with 3 pound weight and now I can do 6 pounds , with the broken wrist , well it isn't broken anymore, you know what I mean.  I think the left wrist is just as strong as the right now.

I will be back later.

Morning Judy, enjoy your late start this morning.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Howdy!!  I am still stuck on underline for some reason.  

2.5 hour ride on Saturday..  I rode the beach loop around and around and around...

Sunday we did 9 miles --across the bridge and back.  BF and I did our own Superbowl party.  Was fun.

This morning was an hour swim.  I am so tired I couldn't find clothes that matched this morning!!!  Ate my cereal and banana and I am still SO hungry!!!  Gonna be a long day.

Have a good one!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Sue what browser?  Maybe you need to go to main forum and put it in the technical forum so Eric can fix it if it is programming and you can't un click the underline in the reply screen.

Marjorie

Working from home today. We received over a foot of snow last night.  DD from Miami flew in just in time.  Although the point of going to office today was cast aside since driving not good.  She was not happy to have to walk out to car then clean it off when she arrived from Miami at the Hertz rental place.  Welcome back!  LOL

Ran outside yesterday on plowed paved path at park as storm was just starting.  Yaktrax were needed even then.  Will likely go to gym tonight.  Trails won't be passable yet and roads too dangerous with cars sliding.

Today is banana day!!  So far so good, no big changes noticed.  Funny that I was excited about a banana.

Lisa

Arimathea

Tessa

Marjorie, hope the dentist is uneventful.

Ginny, good that your wrist is stronger! That is a great testimonial regarding the power of weight training in rehabbing joints -- even (especially) for older women. I bet the doctor wishes more of his patients would work at regaining the strength as you did.

Susan, that underlining -- not sure what it is. Does it happen if you sign on from a different device?

Judy, I'm trying to limit food too. It is not easy.

Lisa, sorry that Mother Nature welcomed your DD with a dumping of snow. Surprised Hertz didn't clean it off before she took it.

Banana day?

4 this morning with RN, it was colder than we thought but not bad. She is racing next weekend. Also one of her DS's friends is signed up for LA, her first marathon, and had not done more than 10 miles until the beginning of January. RN started giving her tips and took her out running the last few weekends. The friend is up to 17 miles. She may make it after all.

Anonymous Guest

Hello all! Very glad the storm tracked north and all we got was some rain overnight and through the morning. And the next two chances for snow are looking less and less likely as they get closer.

Rest day for me today. I was going to ride my bike, but my legs are feeling pretty trashed after a weekend of running, riding and moving chores. Starting Pfitz 12/55, and for once glad he starts his plan with a rest day!

We do have to move a bunch of furniture out to the curb tonight for tomorrow's scheduled bulky trash pickup, but that's going to be my only workout.

Just got off the phone with my chiro and am going in to see him tomorrow morning before work. I've been having a lot of right side issues, plus my Pilates instructor says I'm "crooked" sometimes (like when I think I'm leaning back straight, one side is going back farther than the other), and DH even noticed on my bike that I was leaning to the left. So I think I need an adjustment, or at least an assessment, and I want to get that done from someone I trust and not have to worry about finding someone after the move. A chiro is not something you want to just pick out of the phone book, at least I don't - a bad one can mess you up.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

camille2

Quick note-I lost longer one.  Did 3 this a.m.  Wind was blowing!

Lisa, poor dau!  GA race-yOu might check out Mystery Mountain.   It's a State Park and they still seem to be embracing the races.   It's drivable from my cabin, too.  Chickamauga is great with better weather, but they do have pavement and it's a bit far for race morning, though fine for the other nights.

You gals gals be carefulwith the snow!

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys!  Busy weekend for me.  Flew into Cali on Saturday morning, only to find the rental had no cars available.  Wait, what?  Waited for an hour or more to have them make a reservation with another car rental company, we barely made the expo with one hour to spare, picked our stuff, met someone from the B&B, got some dinner and by 8pm PST I was out sleeping!  Ran the HM with hubby but the shuttles were so delayed we barely made it to the start on time.  Had lots of fun, though!

So, while we were out, Sammy escaped the front door when my husband was putting the luggage in the car.  I didn't know this until my neighbor said she didn't see her in the house.  I asked her to get back home and she found her in the screened patio.  Apparently, she went around the neighborhood until she wanted to come back home, only to find we were not there, so she broke the screen and came in and waited.  Then, Hershey pooped ou r bed (probably under stress from Sammy being missing) and Trixie is now at the vet for being throwing up.  Now waiting to pick her up.  This is an RD for me, so Pilates and weights after I pick her up.  Sigh.

Judy, hope you fare well during the storm.

Marjorie, enjoy the rest, because enjoying the dentist ain't going to happen.

Ginny, nice weight session.

Sue, nice workouts.

Lisa, nice day at home!

Tessa, nice 4.

Karen, enjoy the rest.

Camille, nice 3.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

My usual browser is google chrome. If I use internet explorer, no underlines.  Thanks!  I will let them know I am having tech problems.

A co-worker retired today, and there was a potluck lunch at the office.  Afterwards I took the dishes home and let the dogs out.  I only live 1.5 miles from the office.  So I let the dogs out and then brought in the crock pot.  The chicken enchilada soup that BF made was still hot, so I thought I'd let it cool and throw the ball for a couple of minutes.  Sadie the foster weim pranced by me and her whole snout was covered in bright red.....blood!  ACK!!!  Then I saw Jake carrying a squirrel around!  Double AAAACKKK!!!  I yelled at him and he dropped it.

Apparently Sadie killed it and the others were taking turns carrying it around.  I picked it up with a shovel and dumped it over the fence onto the vacant lot next door.  I had to carefully grab each dog and get all the blood off their faces.  Ugh.  Never a dull moment.

Of course as I was sitting at my desk I realized I had blood on my pants too.  Ick.

Crazy dog.  She was quite proud of herself!

Damaris--I hope your herd is feeling better and will settle down once you get home this evening.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Dentist was just a cleaning. No biggie. I take really good care of my teeth. I use a sonic brush, never skip flossing or mouth wash. Since I don't drink coffee or soda I don't have any staining. I drink an occasional lemon aid but mostly just water. They have very little to do when I'm there.

Sue  I use chrome at work. No underlying, but I didn't try today and use Firefox on my iPad. Hope they figure it out

Tessa yikes. 10?  Sounds like my one friend that barly made it through Savannah. If they've gotten to 17 that is promising. Hope they train a lot of hills. The LA race is hilly to boot, isn't it?

Karen you definitely want to find a good one and not just out of the phone book!  Not all Chiros, just like everything, are created equal!

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Marjorie, I wouldn't describe LA as "hilly" -- it is rolling, net downhill. Nothing that I'd call a big hill, with the caveat that my definition may differ from that of other runners. I was thinking of your Savannah friend too.

Susan, not sure why Chrome would do that and IE wouldn't. Usually if there is a problem it is Microsoft's fault! Ugh on the squirrel, though I applaud them for doing that. I would like the squirrel population around our house reduced.

Damaris, sorry about the kitty drama at home and the logistics problems at the race. Was this Surf City?

Karen, hope you can find a good chiro and get your back adjusted properly.

6.98 on the TM at lunch. I was hoping to finish my book, but didn't quite make it. I need to run up to the library between work and class tonight.

Oh, and over the weekend I achieved something that I have had as an ambition for a long time. Not running related. *big grin* Guesses invited. A hint: the word "steward" was involved.

Docket_Rocket

Tessa, it was!  I was supposed to do the full but switched after my coach asked me for more than 10 weeks of training for Paris.  You cannot say I am not trying to PR.  Ha.

Marjorie, glad it was uneventful.

Trixie is home.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page