Womens Running

Milkshake WEDNESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 21 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

National Chocolate Milkshake Day!!! Man, havent had one of those in years!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

13.2 for me. 6 of those miles were tempo.

Awesome run! I am surprised - I thought for sure Body Pump would have made that run painful. I was keeping up tempo pace pretty good - low to mid 9's. I like to be in the high 8's Smile BUT..in 71 dewpoint I will take it. Foggy again...nasty nasty weather we have right now. Very tropical..from Florence obviously. I somehow lost my mouthpiece from my Camelbak between miles 1-3. I even ran back and was searching..couldn't find it. I will have to see if I can order that piece - or maybe it is a sign that I need to figure out that other water pack.

Florence update...more good news for us. Storm is staying south. We will have heavy rains and wind..but it will be like a normal weekend around here lately! We have had a lot of rainy weekends. OVER. IT. I feel awful for NC and SC. Last night when I talked to my family, we were going to just wait and see. Its looking like we are going to cancel though. SUCKS. I needed a BEACH BREAK!!!!  Oh well, what can I do? Will still take a few days off next week.

Plan for today is to eat. LOL. Still doing the 20+ tomorrow instead of Friday. , I would rather just get it done before any part of Florence is in the area. Our chances for pop-up storms are pretty high for early Friday, too. I am so over this weather!! I feel like I live in the TROPICS.

Karen – Nice miles yesterday! I think its cute how you have to keep stopping by to check on Huck. Awe. I got my bib yesterday, too! WOOT WOOT. How was the hill workout?

Sandy – OMG. Do I need to send food to you?! Beer and nuts for dinner? I don’t know how you run the next day on that!!! I hope you plan to eat more tonight Smile Maybe add some popcorn in the mix Smile This morning when I woke up, I found HCF on the couch with a bowl of ice cream on his lap. He must have fallen asleep mid-late night snack. I am surprised Ruger didn’t get it! I don’t understand the bread thing either. I guess in case the power goes out they can make sandwiches? Who the heck knows. And NOW what are they going to do with all of it?!

Judy – Send those cool temps this way!

Hi Ginny! Hope you enjoyed your popcorn Smile

Tessa – Awe, Tessa. I am so sorry about Nimrod SadThat is awful. That is concerning about the foster coordinator. Did she end up getting in touch with you?

I have to admit I am a little depressed sitting in this place today. Its always nice to have something to look forward to - A VACATION. And I hate this place so much. I am trying my BEST to stay positive, but doing that is exhausting. I was looking forward to a beach vacation to decompress and relax.  That trapped feeling is sinking its way back in.

Have a good day everyone!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Having lived in VA I can identify with the hurricane problems. 

Stay safe, Lizzie and all!

Tuesday was a misty but great 60 minute run out the trail. It’s so much easier when it’s cool! After that I did stretches for 15 minutes and walked a good 45 more minutes. I noticed that many chipmunks were nut gathering. When I got home I went to a nearby park and visited the many mushrooms that have sprung up there.

Today I’m off to an early trail run. Ahhhh, the coolness!

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Happy Hump Day!

Just 3 miles this morning...I am trying to re install my phone after my name change for my work gmail account. It is not going well. So I set my alarm for 4:45 pm! Ugh!!  I woke up about 0520 and went for a short run. It was a decent run so that was nice.

Phone provisioning is not going well.  I've reset and tried to reinstall 3 times. I may have to send it to HQ and have them do it. 

Work is on my last nerve this week. Yesterday one of my co-workers got a rash of sh!t from the boss. It was kinda nice to know I'm not the only one getting regular a$$ chews. Sigh.

Leaving early today to meet w pest control. We either have termites or wood ants eating the hardwood floor in the living room. And/or water damage too. I think the sub floor will have to be replaced for the front half of the living room, then we will replace the flooring through out the house. Something dog proof. DH is taking it pretty well. My house is older and always needs something fixed.

Lizzie--I hope the hurricane is not too bad where you are, but be prepared. Stay safe!!

Seloc

5 more crappy ass miles.  Ugh.  My piriformis is ANGRY.  Tomorrow’s long run should be interesting.  I will make sure I eat better tonight, though.  Scared the crap out of a bicyclist.  She was coming at me on the sidewalk weaving all over the place.  She had a light so I saw her coming and jumped up on the grass.  Said “jeebus” under my breath as she passed and she SCREAMED hahaha  I laughed.  Served her right riding that fast and that erratic on the wrong side of the street on the sidewalk in the pitch dark.

Tessa – oooh that would make for some friendly Scrabble competition but I’m not scheduled for BB.  I guess I could change that.  Scrabble is quite the allure!  Awwww I’m sad for Nimrod.  So very kind of you to foster and I know that happens but it has GOT to be heart breaking, too!  I’m so sorry.  Hope the other little nuggets hang in there.

Ginny – mmmmmmmmm popcornnnnnn

Judy – cold spattering rain actually sounds lovely!!  And more cool weather today?  I’m jealous.  We have been exceptionally warm.  70* this morning.  But, MUCH cooler weather coming next week.

Lizzie – awesome run!  I just cannot even fathom having an awesome run in that humidity.  Yuck!  Bummer about the mouth piece!  Happy to hear you won’t be getting the worst of Florence but BUMMER about canceling your vacation!  Man, that STINKS.  But, yeah, hope you can still take some time off to relax and such.  You need it.  I’m so sorry you are feeling trapped.  Hang in there, girl!  And have a great run tomorrow!  I’ll be thinking of you!

Sue – oops on the AM/PM snafu.  Nice job getting out there!  Dang, your boss.  But, I would agree – I’d feel better knowing I wasn’t the only one.

Too many meetings today.  Blerg.  Stressing a bit about my run tomorrow but will just do what I can do.  Can’t do much more!  Have a good day!

Kilmisters

Returning here after few days of reading all I remember is puppies, hurricane, 100k race and Lizzie's upcoming vacation. Smile

HM preparation has entered the max anxiety stage - 4 days left!! Race goal - PB, nothing less. Whatever happens - happens. I will use Garmin ''workout'' mode for pacing. The race is 3 loops, not sure if I like it or not. We have booked hotel very close to the start zone (10min walk) for max sleep (as you can imagine, my evening running habits and 9am start don't go together well). Starting from today the only workouts left - tomorrow's practice and Saturday's game (yes, I decided to not ditch that one. Again - whatever happens happens).

Oh, and I have a superimportant meeting tomorrow at 10am, hehe. Taper madness at its finest.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Sandy--I'm fighting piriformis pain too. I've been trying to remember to roll it. Maybe I can get in to the chiro this week.

Getting old is tough, but it beats the alternative.

Tessa--sorry about Nimrod. I hope the other two make it.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, glad your run was so good!!  What a huge bummer about your trip.  Reading that the storm is moving south, so more SC than NC.  Nice you are able to go to work instead of lose hours.  Once I take a day off, that is it, like tonight...  I had plans that are no more and now I am out moolah.  Oh well.

Judy, nice misty run.  Chipmunks are so cute.  Saw a black squirrel at Lisa's.  Neat.

Sue, bummer about the run, I have done that!!  Even bigger bummer about the flooring.  Eek.

Sandy, sorry about the crap run and here's hoping to a better LR tomorrow.  Come to Brazos!!!  It will be fun.  Please....  Smile

Elina, good luck with the taper!!!  And the meeting.

Tessa, since I am driving I will bring Scrabble, and maybe even Cards Against Humanity.  I will likely bring lots of crap, like a real espresso maker - my small one.  It generally travels with me to big overnight races I drive too when Starbucks isn't an option at the butt crack of dawn.  Strange of me, I know.

Up WAY too early, but I was kind of awake, and therefore the dogs were super awake.  Nappy poo later.

Rainy here, though not this second.  Nice and humid.  Really need to get out for a short walk, but my energy level is low.

Picked up my camera last night as I missed the delivery.  I was too pooped to even open the box.  Played with it a little this morning, but pictures in the house are rather dull.  But, figuring it out.

No work tonight, had plans so I didn't bid, so home I sit.  Waiting for my November schedule.  Wondering how much I pissed the woman off who choses us and seeing if she selects me at all.  Have a feeling my shifts will be few and far between, if at all.  The new place I applied to doesn't look good.  I missed bidding because I was out of town, oh well.  There are some still available, but they are all crap.  Closest is an hour away.  Most are 2 hours.  With driving, a 12 hour day is a lot, especially for less money than where I am now, but beggars can't be choosers I suppose...

Have a great WEDNESDAY!!!

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Mmmm, chocolate milkshake!     Rest day for me today, switching the schedule around a bit due to DD's trail race on Sunday.  Started the day with water dripping from underneath the sink, coming from the garbage disposal.  At least DH is a plumber.  He actually has some "extra" garbage disposals sitting in our garage, that he salvaged from work.  Remodels where they bought new garbage disposals to replace them all even though the current ones did not have any issues.  DH said they are higher priced ones, and should still last many years.  The extras come in handy when friends need one.  

Lizzie, nice tempo miles!  I am sorry that your beach vacay is going to be cancelled. But glad that you will be safe!  Looks like some very nasty weather heading to the Carolinas!  It will be nice to have time off anyway.  Anything is better than work.    We were back in the 80's yesterday, but not humid.  The humidity will slowly creep up over the next few days, but nothing compared to your weather!   Awww, sorry you are feeling down.  Well, you do have a lot to look forward to outside of work.  Think of all the great things you have going for you, HCF, Ruger, getting married, fun races.     I suppose during a storm, bread and peanut butter would make an easy meal.  Applesauce might be a good fruit to have on hand.  There, balanced meal.  

Judy, lots of nuts laying around on the trail these days.  

Sue, ugh on the phone issues!  Glad you had a nice run anyway.

Sandy, I forgot that you weren't doing TCM this year!  Sorry about the crappy run.  That piriformis needs to behave!  Haha on scaring the bicyclist.  I did not wear my reflective stuff yesterday morning, I wasn't on the street much.  I could probably scare people.    Though my headlamp does have a red light on the back.  There was no one out until the sun came out anyway.  I finished The Great Alone.  It was kind of depressing.  I guess the end can be seen as uplifting, but it was sad.  DH is handy when it comes to plumbing (water and gas lines).  He knows enough on other things to be dangerous, I guess.     We had a bathroom remodel about 4 years ago, but we had a friend do the tile.  I haven't played Scrabble in awhile.  DH used to make up words.  

Elina, taper madness indeed!  You will rock that race.  Good luck!

Kat, enjoy the new camera and the nap.  

Tessa,  I am sorry about Nimrod.  Hoping the other two make it!

Karen, yes, I think you would be good at Scrabble.     I'll be on FB, waiting for the latest Huck pics...

Lisa, I like your running goals!  Haha, running in the dark does "disguise" the hills and slight inclines.  It does make it seem to go faster, since I can't read my Garmin easily.  

Cathy

Anonymous Guest

I am beat. Just 3 easy miles for me this morning. Did the mid-run check in and heard a crying, barking puppy. I let him out and took him straight outside where he peed and pooped - yay! He went right back to sleep (after all, we've been up playing since 5 am), but I just wasn't feeling like going back out for more at that point. Maybe I'll do a double today and run a few more later. Or maybe not. i think I'm going to have to switch my long runs back to the weekends for awhile - run before/after the group on Saturday, and run Sunday after DH finishes his group ride. Working on leaving the puppy alone for short times, but he's still so little I don't want to leave him for long.

I skipped the hlll workout last night. Heather, the other running coach, went plus they all know what they are doing now and can survive without me. Two more weeks of hills and then we switch to track workouts - I probably can't skip those.

Think I'm going to try to get a little nap in. Back later for personals.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Bikerchick1

Lizzie - Glad you had a good run!  You have had some bad luck with vacations Sad.

Judy - I ran in the trails yesterday and the mushrooms were huge!  Bright yellow...I have never seen that before!

Susan - From the other day, I do think having everything set out and ready to go is key.  Also finding a class that “fits”...I haven’t found that yet.  Sorry about the floor problems, sounds $

Sandy - Are you training for something right now?  Ugh on the Piriformis issue.  Don’t know about you, but we have warm and humid here again Sad

Kilmisters - Good luck in thenHM!

Kat - What kind of camera did you get?  Your pictures are always amazing!

Cathy - Nice to have a plumber in the house Wink.  Are you training for something these days?  It is so good to see you back running!

Karen - Hope you got your nap!

Did a trail run last night with up and down a toboggan hill.  I am going with RB’s at the end of October to do Run around the Gorge in WV.  We were supposed to do it last year but deferred because of one of our RB’s was dealing with breast cancer.  So, need to get myself prepared, it is 18 or 26 miles Saturday and 8 or 13 the next...

Speaking of races...who is all in for Glass City???

Carol

20 minutes elliptical and 20 minutes bike this morning at the gym. Absolutely no reason to push anything even if feeling pretty good. Went to yoga last night and that was awesome! Going to a charity event for the non-profit that I've been mentoring with for the last 6 years. Our company is a $5k sponsor so we get a table. Will be at a closed track with professional drivers. DC is my date and I'm sure that he will be more in his element than I am.. .other than talking to the other mentors. No way I would have gone at $250/plate unless my company basically paid for the table.

Spoke with my sis in Wilmington. Horrible situation down there. My niece (18 mo younger than me) has liver cancer and is now in comfort care. Sis will stay with her until this afternoon. Hoping that she let's go before then. She's had a rough life brought about by her own choices and peace/ease is all sis wants for her now. Hospital goes into lockdown at 7pm and will be so for 3-5 days. Sis is leaving at last minute to hunker down with son and his family. She's doing what she can to help her daughter let go and finally be without pain. She has been resisting for almost a week. Life is just so hard for some. My wish is for her to be light and free.

Lizzie-be safe! OMG about HCF falling asleep with ice cream. LOL

Karen-we can play hundo scrabble all night long!

Sandy-how was beer/nutz dinner? LOL I'm thinking Kettle may be my hundo of choice. Thinking 2020. Give myself time to build. Have you run those trails?

Judy-yeah for good running again!

Ginny-Welcome anytime to come up!

Tessa-so sad for the kittens. Probably the same thing that got mine although much quicker.

Sue-good luck with the flooring!! And nice 3 miles!

Elina-hang in there.. I'm starting to like loops. Gives me multiple finish lines to kick in for. Plus I think of how I was running on the first loop and tell myself that I did it before, I can do it again. I really think that was what helped me be so consistent on the loops.

Kat-will have fun with the games! Hope the cranky lady decided to like you! What's not to like?

Cathy-happy rest day!

Karen-stopping and starting would be really good training for leaving the aid stations. Make yourself go out for smaller loops throughout the day to mix things up and get yourself in the mindset of "have to run again."  Sort of like a new parent has to sleep when baby sleeps, you should try a few days each week of "run when puppy sleeps" so that you get a lot of time on your feet. Maybe even find some sort of a jogger and push him around like a baby. Would be a good idea to get more walking in as well. If you want to really take a nap.. walk instead of running when the puppy sleeps. Good practice for 3am running. I'm getting into the crew thing maybe a little too much. Just need to go in and officially un-register for Brazos.

Carol-sounds like fun (not) to run up and down a toboggan hill. I need to register!

Lisa

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/tolfn-fairfield-inn-and-suites-toledo-north/

I can reserve rooms here for $79/night (plus taxes) using DD's employee discount. 2 queens per room.

Lisa

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/tolfn-fairfield-inn-and-suites-toledo-north/

I can reserve rooms here for $79/night (plus taxes) using DD's employee discount. 2 queens per room.

Uhm, count me in! Thats an awesome deal!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Cathy, how convenient to have some spare disposals in the garage!

Karen, sorry your pups got you up so early, but awesome that Huck is figuring out potty habits already.  I had a client who was so freaked about leaving her puppy alone, she installed a camera that she could see on her phone.  Sweet, but a bit overly nervous.

Carol, I got a new Canon DSLR body.  I already have one and some lenses, but wanted a second for the trips I have.  Thank you for the compliment on my pics, that is kind of you.

Lisa, I will have to see if I can get the stuff on Kettle to download now.  It was fun looking with you.  Have fun tonight!!!

Glass City...  Carol asked who is going, curious myself.  Also, what dates are people thinking?  Fri-Mon??  $80+/night for 2 is pretty good.  I need someone who snores, can sleep through anything, or is half deaf.  Otherwise I might consider doing my own room.  I am really afraid of bothering others.  Diana said at Antelope I was pretty bad.  Lisa - are the rooms refundable if we book soon?  Is there a limit on how many rooms you can book under Kaite's discount??

Dinked around with the camera some and did take a mini nap, maybe 15 min, then the dog barked of course.

Still procrastinating doing much of anything of value today...

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024