Womens Running

HELLO MONDAY DIVAS (Read 27 times)

monk717

post!

monk717

Good morning girls. My weekend was exhausting.

GOOD LUCK CASSIE IN BOSTON! I haven't been in the loop... we don't have any other Boston divas, do we?

RR: Ran 2.25 miles on Saturday. I am really hoping to add some workouts in the week now... I'm progressing pretty well with just the weekend so I'm thinking of how well I can do if I can make this a regular thing! Sunday I went to Bodyflow for the first time since just before P was born. It was so nice to do a foreward fold and actually fold! The whole class was a lot easier than I expected. And I was also pleasantly surprised with my core strength. I'm hoping for a workout Wednesday afternoon if the pediatrician doesn't take forever (which more often than not, it does).

NRR: Our firstborn was driving us crazy all weekend. We're stuck in this stupid if its not raining, its freezing weather pattern so we can't get outside yet. A didn't nap either day this weekend. We couldn't go anywhere because we had too much stuff we had to get done in the house. Trying to entertain her all day without going outside or on an excursion is quite exhausting and frustrating. The other frustration was P's constant eating/lack of sleeping. If its a growth spurt, its one long one because he did this last weekend too! Between those kid frustrations, I'm actually happy to go back to work today. I feel like its less work to pump than it is to nurse. I also feel terrible for saying that. In fun news, DH and I got new phones on Saturday! He got an iPhone 5 and I got a Samsung Galaxy S3 and love it so far! I was playing with it a lot and the battery was still at 50% when I went to bed. I think thats all for today... gotta go get P up for a feeding. Have a great day divas!

taylorma1

Morning monk. Sorry about your exhausting weekend. Hope this week turns out better for you. We have also had some stupid rainy weather all last week and are supposed to get some more this week. And a lot of the days have been really cold too

RR: doing a run later this morning, probably between 6 and 8

NRR: weekend was fun. Ultimate frisbee all day on Saturday then hung out with some friends Saturday night. Then DBF raced a 5k yesterday and got second place overall. Then I went over to a friend's house to watch Game of Thrones. That was a crazy episode

POrun

Whoot to Cassie! I hope she rocks it out there!

Quick update from me since I've been just a lurker recently...

I'm going through radiation on Thursday. I'll be in a room alone for 3 days so I don't "radiate" anyone else, but then I can start taking thyroid pills again, and regaining my life back. They'll do a full body cancer scan on 4/29 to make sure there was no spreading of the thyroid cancer into any other areas of the body, and even if that is the case, the thyroid cancer cells should be dead, just have to watch for future potential areas if it did spread. Then, I'm hoping by May I can run again!!!

Sorry for the selfish update. Just wanted to say hi and I've been lurking and thinking of all of you. Have a great day!

SassySparky

hey ladies!

RR: Did 4 miles this morning. I took a cutback week last week because I didn't have time to run a LR over the weekend since my friensd were in town. I needed it because my 4 miler was great today.

NRR: Back at work. My SAHM cation was really great. I hope I can do it again this fall, just for fun. I almost cried when we dropped G off at school this morning. My weekend with my BFFs was also really awesome! They are still at my place and big d is driving them to the airport this afternoon. I had to come in to work today though because I missed so much last week.

Alright I gotta get to work!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

RunLikeTheWind23

Morning Ladies!

RR: getting the new Asics Nimbus 15's today! I ordered them and they are arriving for in-store pickup today! YAY!!!!! I'll run 3-4 tonight.

NRR: I've been eating gluten free for about 8 weeks now. I feel a million times better! My digestion is 100% better. Last night my mom and I went out to an italian restaurant that has an extensive gluten free menu. I got a pasta dish with marinara sauce and broccoli rabe. So delicious! I was so pleasantly surprised with the gluten free pasta. It was really tasty. Smile My stomach is happy, my intestines are happy and as a result, my brain is happy too! Smile

Monk: way to go on the 2.25 miles!

Taylor: Ultimate frisbee is a blast! Glad you enjoyed it!

PO: I'm thinking about you and sending you love and best wishes

Sassy: So sorry your vacation is over. G must have been sad to leave you too!

lizo_77

hi ladies!

picking wedding music here. Smile

NRR: normal work day. M got home safe and hopefully has work as scheduled. He didn't have 3 days of work last week because of the weather.  the weekend was good and fun. went through a few extra boxes of M's stuff and learned even more that he's a hoarder. grrrrr. sigh. oh well.  we have storage space in the house so that's good. tonight M and I will probably go for a run then relax for the night. I'm supposed to go to a bridal shower at 7. not sure if I'll go yet. we went up to see M's parents on saturday then home on sunday. it was a little precarious as a winter storm of more ice (can you imagine???) came through their part of the state. fortunately down by home we just had rain and mist and fog. weird weather...

RR: ran 4.5 on saturday and 1.5 yesterday.  today 2.6. tonight. hoping for another 1.4 at least. if M and I run together tonight, I'll probably get another 3.

back soon!

NorCal

Hi ladies!

GOOD LUCK to Cassie in Boston! So exciting!

Monk- Sorry about the rough weekend. I'm sure it will get better! Nice job on the workouts and runs!

PO- I hope the radiation and body scan go well. I know this is rough, but it should be over soon and you'll be back to your regular life!

Taylor- Glad you had fun this weekend! Wow DBF is speedy!

Sassy- What a great time, SAHM-cation and weekend with your BFFs! Hate for that stuff to come to an end!

Lizo- MORE ICE! You guys need a break in the weather!

RLTW- I'm so glad to hear the gluten-free is helping you! Costco carries a really great gluten free pasta (it's a blend of quinoa, corn and rice) and I also like Lundberg Farms brown rice pasta.

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: Got in 7 trail with Fay just now. Not very fast..  Yoga tonight.

NRR: Count me with the Divas whose weekends had lousy weather. It was annoyingly windy and cloudy here all weekend, and never got very warm. This morning, we had frost again. I know this isn't as bad as some others out there, but dang, it's annoying. I also had a hard time getting up this morning, thus I am running HELLA late.

Monk - I'm impressed you're able to manage as much as you can. Having a newborn and a young kid sounds like a lot of work to me.

Taylor - Congrats to DBF on that run!

PO- I'm sure you're relieved you're finally able to get a move on with everything. You'll be running in no time!

Sassy - Glad you had a great weekend with your BFFs! I'm going back to see mine in another 3.5 months, not like I'm counting or anything. :P

RLTW - Hurray for new shoes!!!  I think some are in my future, too.

Lizo - More ice?!?  Is this weather typical for spring around you?

NorCal

RR. I did 13 miles yesterday, 7 of it with the group on a hilly trail run. I'm feelin' it today! It was the last double-digit run before Big Sur! Today is rest day!

NRR. We're meeting a potential dog-sitter today for when we go to Yosemite in May for DH's birthday. She comes highly recommended so hopefully we all (especially L) like her! Other then that, I have business stuff to do today and then working this evening at the spa.

PRs: 

NorCal

OWR- Cross post! We had kind of windy and cooler weather this weekend too. Not terrible, but not the perfect warm sunny weather that I want!

PRs: 

seattlechica

Good morning girls!

RR - Had a great 20 miler on Saturday, managed to beat the rain and nasty weather that came in later in the day and my legs felt great the whole time and recovered really well. taper time now! Climbing at the gym w/DBF tonight. I have been doing my long runs on Saturdays but the marathon is Sunday so I'm taking today off to shift my schedule to match!

NRR - It was a fun but tiring weekend! DBF and I drank some rum and watched the storm outside (tons of hail and some thunder and lightning which we don't get much around here) and then went to a lovely delicious Italian restaurant for dinner. Some of his high school buddies came over after that so we hung out with them as well. Sad news, there was a big avalanche on one of DBF and I's favorite hikes (and favorite snow hikes as well) and two people died. Good reminder to always check the avalanche forecast before we go :/ Not sure what we will do after climbing, probably just cook dinner and watch some TV!

I will try to make it back for some personals in a bit!

NorCal

Seattle- That is super scary and sad about the deaths in the avalanche. So tragic! Great job on your 20, you're ready for the marathon!

PRs: 

melrunner

Morning girls.

Monk, Great job on the workouts! I’m sure you must be exhausted with two children under the age of three. Take time for YOURSELF always.

PO, Hugs. Can P come see you while you radiate? Where will you be? I’ll text you later. Luckily by next week you’ll be back on your meds.

Taylor, Saw the Frisbee pictures on FB. So much fun!

Sassy, So glad you had a nice SAHM with little G!

Lizo, You totally need a break from the weather. Have you picked out the songs for the first dance?

NC, Great job on your long run! When is Big Sur? In two weeks?

OWR, Great job with your run this am. I can’t believe your weather now as well!

Seattle, fantastic on your 20 miler! That’s sad about the avalanche..

TriR: Ran a hilly and hot 10k yesterday. Meeting with trainer tonight for ST +spinning.

NtriR: hoping we finalize honeymoon plans tonight. Also, going out of town on Thursday for a week for work.

I’ll post a new update on FB later on today. Have a great day.

melrunner

C's birthday is this week and I want to buy him a new camera. Any recommendations? I'm totally out of the technological world.