Womens Running

HELLO MONDAY DIVAS (Read 27 times)

NorCal

Meli- Does he want a small point-and-shoot camera or a big DLSR camera? We have both, which are Nikons. I can share the styles if you want.

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

outwestrunner

NC - I hope things go well with the dog sitter meet-and-greet. It's so much better having them at home than going to a kennel.

Seattle - Glad you beat that weather! Hail is awesome.  That is sad/scary about the avalanche!

Mel - Finalizing honeymoon plans sounds fun. Where are you and C going?

NorCal

<h6>Just watched the end of the women's Boston marathon. So amazing! Flannagan in 4th, Goucher in 6th!</h6>

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

LucyBelle

Hey ladies...

RR: I honestly haven't worked out since last Tuesday. UGH. When I get stressed, exercise is the first thing that falls off, even though my instinct should be to exercise to combat stress. I might run after work today, might just do yoga or ST, but I will do SOMETHING.

NRR: The last couple of days have sucked hard. Having to turn down the job, finding out about my grandmother's cancer, not having any idea where we will be living/going after the end of May. Plus trying to plan the wedding. Blahhhhhhhh. I'm hoping to at least get a couple more wedding things taken care of today so I can take that off my plate. Sorry to be such a downer.

Monk: Hang in there! Hopefully once the weather gets nicer and P gets a bit older you can establish more of a routine.

POruns: I am thinking of you and crossing my fingers that the radiation goes fine and the scan comes back totally clean. I hope you're feeling better soon after.

Sassy: Awww sorry your SAHM-cation had to come to an end. Happy you had a great time and a great weekend though!

RLTW: See, GF pasta is not so bad!!! Hooray for new shoes! I sadly haven't been running enough to warrant them.

Outwest: We've been having similar weather. Just cool, a little rainy, always overcast. I am SICK of it, it doesn't help my mood AT ALL.

NC: I hope things go well with the dog sitter!

Seattle: That is super scary about the avalanche! Drinking rum and watching a storm sounds cozy.

Meli: What kind of camera is he looking for? DSLR or point-and-shoot? What will he use it for?

LucyBelle

Taylor: Ultimate Frisbee sounds fun. CRF and I are always looking for new series to watch - would you recommend Game of Thrones?

Lizo: Uh-oh on M being a hoarder! Hope you can convince him to get rid of some stuff so you don't have to store it all! Your weather sounds awful...I guess I shouldn't complain about mine!

lizo_77

no ice is in no way typical right now! usually we have blooming trees and grass!!! argh!

monk: sorry the weekend was exhausting! poor A and poor you guys! hope these next few days give you some downtime!

rltw: that's cool that you're feeling great with the gluten free! also awesome that there's  a restaurant that actually has good gluten free selections!

taylor: way to go on the ultimate frisbee and your DBF doing so well with his race! dang, he must be fast!

po: hugs to you and sending you vibes and prayers for healing and recovery and strength!

sassy: yay for a good SAHM cation!

norcal: way to go on your long run!  you rocked it especially since a lot of it was hilly!

outwest: hope you were not too late with getting to work!

seattle: that avalanche was on the news! boo about losing your routes! and so sad about the people who died.  will the courses/ areas ever come back to normal? or is that it?

mel: good luck finalizing honeymoon plans! M and I just finished ours yesterday with the last hotel reservation. Funny, I just picked out wedding songs and nope! no dance at our wedding! (Am I weird or what? ).  How is planning coming otherwise?

got to hit the road for brookings soon. I'm participating as a critic at the university interior design project up there.

Later!

lizo_77

lucy: hope you get that run in! even a mile girl, makes all the difference.

taylorma1

Lucy-oh yeah Game of Thrones is great. Just make sure you start from the first episode and go in order or things won't make too much sense. It's a great series if you like Lord of the Rings or other fantasy movies or shows.

Oh, I forgot to say - good luck cassie!!! I am waiting til tonight to watch the marathon (hopefully it will replay online somewhere) because I am just way too booked up today

melrunner

NC I think point and shoot since we don't have any of that style!

Meli- Does he want a small point-and-shoot camera or a big DLSR camera? We have both, which are Nikons. I can share the styles if you want.

monk717

Will hopefully get to more personals later, but MELI... I just got a Canon Powershot in January and I love it. I wanted a camera with more speed than my old one and it doesn't seem like much more speed, but the pictures are turning out way better.

SassySparky

Lucy - Game of Thrones is excellent, but like Taylor said I would start at the beginning. Big D is into the novels, and I've read one of them. I generally do not go for Fantasy stuff but it is really well done.

Meli - I will tell you one brand of point-and-shoot camera NOT to get - we have a Sony CyberShot and I absolutely hate it... it takes terrible pictures, it is extremely slow and not worth it.

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

melrunner

camera will be for wedding and honeymoon and other events. we have very old digital cameras so not sure what to get. What's better?

Lucy like Lizo said even if its a 20 minute run it'll make you feel a zillion times better. So sorry about your grandmother I had no idea.

Lizo I dance with C then I do a dance with my father or the other way around!!

OWR Munich For five days then either the Swiss Alps or Prague and Vienna. That's the million dollar question....

LucyBelle

Sassy/Taylor: CRF would love that, he's totally into LOTR and fantasy. I tend to like to read books first though...should I read the books first!?!?

Meli: Hmm I have a Nikon Coolpix which I really like and it's a point-and-shoot but it's too bulky to really carry around on adventures. It's nearly the size of a DSLR. My mom has a Canon Powershot which takes GREAT pictures and is small and compact enough to slip in a pocket.

outwestrunner

Meli - Wow, is there any way you can do both? My first pick would be the Alps. but then I bet Prague would be awesome, too.. and how likely are you to get back there again?   Also camera-related, I have a Nikon Coolpix S9100, which is great when it works right. It has a great macro lens but the innards are finicky.. so I would NOT recommend it unless you want to get frustrated a lot.

melrunner

OWR we definitely plan on going back to Europe and perhaps doing Prague, Vienna, and Budapest together. C grew up going to Europe during the summer with his family so it's definitely something we would like to do when we have children. We cannot do Munich + Switzerland + Prague too many days and we only have about 10 days approximately