Womens Running

HELLO MONDAY DIVAS (Read 27 times)

melrunner

OWR no bulky or complicated cameras!!

seattlechica

lizo - that area/trail has avalanches on it pretty much every winter.  Last winter there was a *massive* one that took out almost a mile of the trail and you had to climb over the fallen trees to get over/around it.  It's definitely an area to watch the avalanche forecast before you go.  I'm sure it will be back to hikeable in a few weeks if people are willing to climb over the debris, and it's usually back to normal by summer!

SassySparky

Lucy - I don't think so; there are 5 books so far and they are all as long as the Bible. I'm the same way about reading first, but in this case it's not necessary.

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

NorCal

Meli- I have the Nikon CoolPix and I LOVE IT. Super small but takes great pictures.

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

LucyBelle

Sassy: LOL, OK, good. I feel like I never have time to read anymore! I used to read like a book a week, now it takes me months to get through one book. I've decided it is because I'm no longer in a boring relationship with nothing to do. Joking

NorCal

Met the pet sitter and we all liked her. She brought her 4 year old daughter and L was in heaven, as he loves little girls. So cute! He will be staying at our house alone, but she'll be coming to walk and feed him. It's only overnight, and it's easier on him them going to stay somewhere else. At his age, change isn't good!

PRs: 

melrunner

C just told me they had two explosions go off at finish line Boston Marathon. I'm about to watch CNN that's horrible

melrunner

http://m.wcvb.com/news/Explosions-reported-near-Boston-Marathon-finish-line/-/17428308/19757044/-/m0so1r/-/index.html

horroble 

NorCal

Meli- I just read about that, but can't get any real news on it.

PRs: 

EMGunner

Hey Guys, 

Update from two of my friends apparently around mile 26 there was an explosion in a trash can and then another bang in the distance. I still can't get in touch with a few other people I know. Apparently the first explosion was closer to the spectators then runners.

What is wrong with the world.

On the Docket: R&R Philly Half 9/16 | ING NYC Marathon 11/3 | R&R San Antonio Marathon 11/17  

melrunner

Go to CNN live to watch video.

It was at finish line approximately those that finished 408  -410 were affected,

lizo_77

Just saw that there was an explosion at Boston marathon! Anybody have an update? How is Cassie?

seattlechica

Ugh, how awful Sad

EMGunner

Cassie finisehd/left the area about 20 min before the explosion and she/her DH are OK and accounted for. - From Smhoge

On the Docket: R&R Philly Half 9/16 | ING NYC Marathon 11/3 | R&R San Antonio Marathon 11/17  

monk717

WTF on Boston? Thats terrible!

Meli: My old camera was a Nikon CoolPix. That one drove me crazy because it was super slow. But I also had it for five years and it wasn't slow to start. I was surprised by how super tiny my Canon Powershot is, its almost smaller than my old cell phone. I think that one is more functional than the Nikon but as I said my NIkon was five years old. I could put both of them in my pocket, which I love.