Womens Running

Final day Friday - Supermoms (Read 19 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ER - ST, mostly machines for upper body, I don't want a repeat of the 2011 Dumbbell Accident that I still occasionally feel the effects of.

TR - had a massive shitsplosion at DH's office while wearing underwear...apparently he had poop dripping down his legs and on the floor.  DH had to clean it up, I was at home sleeping. Big grin

FR - sausages, butternut squash soup.

NRR - physio this afternoon for my neck.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runninmer

RR:  SRD.  Yesterday's 4 was okay.  I am starting out way too fast and need to learn to back off.

BR:  Slept like an angel last night.  Pooped TWELVE times yesterday!  Geesh.  DH was constantly changing diapers.

TR:  Was SO naughty when I got home.  He just gets wound up.

NRR:  Heading to my parents tonight if the weather cooperates to celebrate my dads birthday.  Made the cake (angel food) last night.  We did a lot in the kitchen last night which was fun.

FR:  Staff pot luck today.  YUM!

zorbs - Yuck to the shitsplosion.  Thats something that my DH would get pissed about.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Erniegirl

RR - 6k. Hopefully it's not slippery out. They are calling for a big, nasty ice storm today through Sunday but so far we are just getting wet snow and I hope it stays that way.

TR - Had a playdate yesterday afternoon with a friend's DS. They ignored each other for the first half hour. Then all they wanted to do was play in the bathroom. They climbed into the empty bathtub to play with trucks. At one point, they were both sitting on the closed toilet seat yelling "pee pee, poo poo, yay!", which was pretty hilarious.

FR - Chicken and butternut squash with red curry sauce, rice

NRR - Last day the community centre is open before Christmas holidays. Going to take S in to play and drop off bottles of wine for the women who run the place. Was supposed to go visit my friend and her baby today, but she cancelled again. Just as well that I don't have to drive far in case the roads get bad.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

Kantkatchme

From yesterday,

The squirell escaped on its own!!

zorbs- sorry about your neck! ouch!

mer- one of our dogs caught a squirrel in our back yard the other day, it escaped. I'm not sure what she would have done with it if we hadn't yelled for her to drop it.

spike- I don't do much "training" anymore. I still ride a few clients horses and teach lessons but mostly it's just for fun. I ride English, but running barrels looks Fun!!

Rg- I did hunters and eq when I was a kid, then I evented. Now I mostly just do dressage, but still jump for fun. I used to work at a big H/J barn before I had A. I used to love show season, living t the away shows but DH isn't a horse person so I'm becoming more of a recreational instructor. Im registered for a 10k in May.

Kantkatchme

Zorbs- hope your neck feels better after physio. Yuck! On the poosplOsion, Lucky you had a nap then! Thanks for the fb info I'll pm you.

mer- I hope the weather holds so you can celebrate with your dad! That's a lot of diapers!

Ernie- your DD sounds like such a ham. Very cute!

Ca- I'm not looking forward to tantrums, she already has meltdowns when she doesn't get what she wants..

Becky- nice to "meet" you Smile hope the LO feels better. And your Aunt isn't in pain.  That's hard.  Enjoy dinner!

Spike- yay child free run Smile

rg- I can't wait till A is big enough to help in the kitchen, so cute!  Jealous of your weather!

~~~~~

rr- 5 as soon as A goes down.

Br- i think she needs to hang out with the frequent poopers, she hasn't gone since Monday.

Fr- DH company dinner out.  It's a small family business plus one employee so Nothibg exciting.  I'm just happy not to have dishes to clean!

Nrr-  DH is home today, Means I can run solo in the daylight.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!
              RR - srd, LR tomorrow.
              TR - had a tummy ache this morning, I think she just has some gas, hopefully she can pass it at the dayhome  She's sleeping at MIL's tonight.
              BR - so darn cute! but busy and she can throw a mean tantrum for a 15 month old!!
              FR - trying to not eat like I'm marathon training, but it's hard - who's idea was it to cut my mileage in half and wean in december?? I've already gained a couple lbs.
              NRR - heading over to my parents again this morning to help assemble Ikea, and to borrow my mom's cookie press... which probably won't help with the eating... 

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - hope the PT helps your neck! MMMM soup!

mer - woah on the 12 poops!! O has been a champion pooper, but I don't think she's ever done 12.

ernie - hope you don't get the ice storm, that would suck! LOL at the crazy toddlers!

Kant - YAY for the squirrel getting out on it's own, we had a bird in our house last year, AND we have a bird dog... it was a bit crazy and I was very afraid for the bird, but it escaped on it's own.

beckykay

Zorbs:  I definitely had a good chuckle on the shitsplosion.

Mer:  Wow, sounds like a lot of crapping going on around your house.

Ernie:  Hahahahahaha, gotta love little kids.

Kant:  Hi there!  I've been MIA due to a heavy workload this week so I don't think we've  "met"

CA:  I think I need to start ultra training to counter act my eating lately.  good lord it is crazy.  I need to bust out the cookie press.  We plan on taking cookie to the police stations and fire houses near our house.

RR:  Probably not, slept through my alarm.  Definitely need to do a yoga video ASAP.  My back feels like I am 80.  Will do a jingle bell run in the a.m.

TR:  Is sickypants.  Wanted to come home from his buddy's b-day because he wasn't feeling well and that NEVER happens.

NRR:  Work dinner tonight.  Was cleaning like a mad woman last night so the sitter won't be disgusted.

NRR2:  My mom's sister is in the hospital.  Dr said she will never eat again and is giving her morphine to make her comfortable.  They are giving her weeks now.

FR:  Italian.  Fancy schmancy place on the boss' tab.

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Going to run after work- 5 ish miles, no kid. Not sure about the rest of the weekend, I think we will be moving boxes and loading a trailer.

TR: Ugggg. Was resisting bedtime by saying he was afraid of tigers and monsters in his room. I got a spray bottle of water and spritzed his room and said the monsters hate that stuff and they won't come back. He kept whining and fussing until I told him if he didn't knock it off I would put up the babygate and give him a swat. Daycare lady says that he pretends to be a tiger there all the time.

FR: Last night was baked b/s chicken thighs, yellow rice, and green beans. Tonight will be leftovers or whatever I scrounge up. I think I decided on Ham for Christmas since I know Reid and everyone else will like it, and its not super fattening (R's godfather is on a diet because the doctor will put him on insulin if he doesn't lose a bunch of weight- so far he's doing really good).

NRR: I suppose I should do some real actual work and make phonecalls and whatnot today.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- Justice is sweet.... Have a good physio appt.

Mer- I remember R used to poop a zillion times a day. I actually kind of welcomed the gross solid food poops because it meant there was less frequency of poop handling.

Ernie- I watched my friends kids a while back and all three kids kept taking turns going potty. They must have gone 3-4x each in like 2 hours. The peer-pressure was hilarious to watch. When we do playdates, R is more excited to play with different toys than his is about the kids.

Kant- There is actually pretty good money to be made in Rodeo/barrel racing, however, then you have to shell out for truck/horsetrailers/fuel etc. My friend is a former Rodeo Queen but she is tattooed and has gauged ears, so she definitely doesn't fit the normal buckle bunny stereotype.  I've been hearing about the IL's Squirrel saga for weeks, so I'm glad yours decided to leave on its own.

CA- what did you get at IKEA? I might make a pilgrimage to Seattle in the spring to hit some antique markets and Ikea.  I'm not good at counting calories, so when I want to lose lbs I just try to make sure half my plate is always fruits/veggies at every meal and eat those first to fill up and cut out crap like lattes and dessert.

Becky- sorry about your aunt. Was this the one with the cancer diagnosis? I hope they can keep her pain under control until she decides to depart. How sad.   Enjoy your schmancy meal with your boss.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

beckykay

Spike, we are doing ham for Christmas as well since C will eat it without a fight.  This is my mom's oldest sister.  She's had cerebal palsy since a very young age and was not expected to live past her teens.  Well here we are at 60 and it is finally time.  My great Aunt has taken care of her for the past 20 years and it is crushing her to see her slowly die.  Not a very jolly mood down there this Christmas.  If she is still in the hospital tomorrow we will head down to see her.  Unfortunately it is a long drive for us and we don't get to see them very often.  I feel guilty....

runnergirl9508

Good afternoon!

RR: ran 6.2 miles this morning, in capris and a ls tech shirt!!! so nice to not be bundled up with a zillion layers. And to have clear roads to run FAST on. Planning on LR of 10-12 tomorrow morning before DH has to go to work.

TR: his 8:15am wake up yesterday morning meant no nap yesterday, but he was really good all day. We played outside in the snow for a while went to Target, and took a short walk around the block to see Frosty (a giant blowup snowman in one of our neighbor's yards). R LOVES to help me with my cooking and baking now- he drags a chair over to the counter, climbs up, and will help stir, mix, and pour ingredients. He's even pretty good cracking eggs!

NRR: DH is working late tonight, so I won't see him before bed, and working 10am-midnight tomorrow. Tomorrow will be OT pay, 1.5x's, so I'm not complaining!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

zorbs- ugh on the neck! I hope the physio is able to fix it for you! lol on DH having to deal with B's poopy mess. sometimes it's nice for them to experience what we get to deal with on a daily basis.

Mer- enjoy your SRD. OMG on the 12 poops! bummer on J getting wound/naughty. R can get like that too if the weather's been too awful to get him outside to burn off some energy. he's not bad, but just gets into EVERYTHING he's not supposed to. enjoy the potluck lunch- what did you make/bring? have fun celebrating your dad's bday!

Ernie- ugh on the ice storm. It's super warm here, and we're going to be getting all rain the next 3 days. LOL on the bathroom playdate. that's too funny. mmm, I love me some butternut squash! have fun at the community center today

Kant- glad the squirrel got out. I miss riding! DH isn't a horse person AT ALL. We went for a trail ride on our honeymoon (5+yrs ago) and that was his first and only time on a horse.

CA- enjoy the SRD! when does your training start for the marathon? I'm so excited to see how much you PR!!! I hope that M is feeling better and enjoys her sleepover tonight. ugh on the tantrums.

Becky- ugh on sleeping thru the alarm! hope the yoga helps your back. mine was stiff when I woke up this morning too- figured it was from running in all the snow/slush all week long. ugh on the sick kiddo- hope he's feeling ok! have fun at the work dinner! order the expensive wine tonight Smile

spike- yay for a no kid run!!! good call on the monster/tiger spray. Sounds like a good Christmas menu planned. LOL on doing real work. I was glad that I didn't have any PT clients this morning- I'm already on that "vacation" mentality.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - RP and I are using a training plan from the new McMillan book - you only faster - and his plans are 12 weeks, he also has a bunch of 4 week modules to focus on things, so starting Jan 1 we are doing a 4 week speed module, then we'll do a hill module, and then we'll start the 12 week plan. It's RP's marathon so I'm just following her lead. If this one goes well then the next one will be mine and I'll be going for a sub 3:45 for a bq.

spike - it was mostly my parents Ikea trip, I bought a few stocking stuffers for the girls. I did see a living room chair that I'm going to go back and buy after the tree is down to put in our living room.

becky - sorry about your mom's sister Sad Have fun at the dinner out!

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

mer - my head exploded over 12 poops. omg omg omg. Is starting too fast on a run a new thing for you?

ernie - Sam, Emma and I are trying to plan our LR around the storm this weekend, with the worst case scenario being that I get them gym passes so we can TM with some company at least.  You probably aren't going to see your friend with the baby until the baby is a teenager.

kant - on the weekends/holidays we do the supermoms post on FB, PM me your name if you want me to add you to the group.

CA - DH is having some serious ikea hatred right now, the president of ikea canada threatened to sue him last week over stuff that completely wasn't his fault.

becky - sorry about your aunt.  Do you think your back would be better if you worked on strengthening it?

spike - so the monster spray trick didn't work?

rg - good that R is helpful, B didn't help me bake the muffins yesterday, he just watched.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runninmer

zorbs - Yeah, this whole starting out too fast thing is weird.  I think subconsciously I feel like I have to be fast in front of the building I teach, but normally I start slow and work my way faster.  It is odd.  Yeah, DH was pretty sick of changing diapers...that was my job all night then.

rg - Your DH sure works a lot!  Capris and a tech tee sound really nice compared to layers and layers.  I made a fruit salad with homemade dressing.  It was really good...not many people took much and since it will sit out for 3 hours...i may  have to dump it.  Is this the weekend for PTing?

becky - I am sorry to hear about your aunt.  Sad  Poor C for not feeling well.

spike - I hope your day is going fast...with actual work and all! Wink  I hate wishing time away, but am excited to start H on cereal...we have some time yet.  The thing I hate is right away it is my fault for all the pooping because it is something I ate.  I hate that!

CAR - Are both girls at MILs tonight?  DH and I desperately need some alone time.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46