Womens Running

Back on track Tuesday - Supermoms (Read 17 times)

Erniegirl

RR - 13k with 5 x 600. Hopefully I am at least slightly faster than a turtle today  Ran in shorts yesterday and I think it'll be shorts again today, yay!

TR - Such a troublemaker last night - trying to run away from me in a parking lot, hitting me when I made her come inside for dinner, throwing coasters, purposely pouring her water on the floor, climbing onto the dishwasher door while I was loading it. Trying to test her boundaries, I guess. I tried to put her in time out a few times and she just sits in the chair and laughs, so I don't think that's terribly effective.

FR - Spaghetti with meat sauce, peppers, onions and mushrooms.

NRR - Library program starts up again this morning so I'm taking S there. I think I also have some books due today that I may have to search the house for. I should probably also start thinking about my taxes now that it's April.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 16K easy with Emma.  The plan originally called for 16K with 13 @ MP, but since I did 30K faster than MP last weekend..not gonna happen.  The ATB pics were up in record time (seriously they started posting them on Sunday night) and all of my on-course pics suck. #fwp

RR#2 - DH did his LR last night, said his leg hurt and didn't think he could manage 5K but he's never run more than 10K so imagine my surprise when I was following him on runkeeper live and he ended up just over 12K! I told him after I could run 15K was when I first started believing that I could run a HM. Wink

KR - rode his bike for awhile.  If the pedals are in the wrong spot, he needs a little push to get started but then takes off.  He kind of forgets to pedal periodically though, and I have to keep reminding him "big circles with your feet!" and also to keep both hands on the handlebars because he keeps letting go and plowing into the grass.

FR - I got to the grocery store with 20 min to close on Sunday and didn't have time to buy food for the week.  I don't really have time again today (see NRR) but I can pop in and buy a good ol' chicken pie.

NRR/QOTD - there is an actual job listing for the lulu 1K from my house.  The biggest problem is that I have zero retail experience.  Obviously, I am super knowledgeable on lulu product (hell, sometimes more knowledgeable than the educator I talk to), have a good sense of style and love to recommend things for people..how would I make this come across in the 2-5 min that I'd probably get with a manager?

~~~~~~~

ernie - I want to wear a skirt today, but I have a pair of floral capris that match my new ATB shirt perfectly. womp womp. I have all these statement of earnings lying around.  G and I have our taxes done by his accountant so really it's just round up 5 million pieces of paper (eg I have to add up all my gas receipts), read out some numbers so G can write them down and email them off.  But it is not done and it is grating on my conscience.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

RR- First day of outdoor track tonight. mile repeats starting at gal marathon pace, then getting faster.  Going to have to check with friend/babysitter if he is available

BR- ate a babyfood pouch all by himself. when did he start doing that?? just picked it up and ate it like he did it all the time. It's non dairy at least, but still tummy troubles.

FR- Shopping day! Someone had mentioned veges and bacon yesterday, wow that sounds good!

NRR- DH cleaned up everything.  I gave him a recap of all the events that took place since he didn't seem to remember any of it. He asked how he could make it up. I said by not getting shitfaced at the next road race. Realize now he never agreed/ yes or no. Next road race is Boston Marathon, we are both running. A friend is watching K just during the race. I don't want to run a marathon and have to soley take care of a baby and a drunk husband after. We'll see what happens...

KC born 7-14-13. RC born 7-21-15

Old PR's: 5k 19:36, 10mi 1:07:46, HM 1:30:04, M 3:06:19

Working on a Comeback after baby #2

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning,

RR - 10 ish km's later, probably around dinner, hopefully outside, depends on DH.

KR - slept at gmas, MIL posted a ridiculously cute pic of her in her Dorothy outfit.

TR - this one is trouble.  DH said that yesterday  morning while M was playing w/ her new Emerald City toy, O kept taking which ever figure M had and then laughing histerically when M cried for it.  Of course M's 3 x's O's size and could just push her over and take it but she's too nice.

KR/TR - well visits for both of them this afternoon.

FR - forgot to bring up my slow cooker meal, so brought up a Mexican casserole today, will pop that in the oven when we get home.

NRR - our old dog was sick again last night, I need to call the vet back and get the blood test results.

--

Ernie - I am trying not to hate you for wearing shorts...   I think O is going to be like S, so work on figuring out how to give her boundaries and then let me know what you come up with.

zorbs - I can ask DH for you if you like, he hires retail people, so I can find out what would make him hire one without retail experience.  His boss knows Chip, maybe he could just call him and put in a good word for you Wink

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

E_rain - I think it's your turn to have the afternoon off after Boston - tell DH he's got baby duty and book yourself a spa appointment!

runnergirl9508

RR: 6.5 miles this morning. I had pulled out capris last night thinking it would be warmer this morning than the 23 degrees it was. But my legs weren't cold.

QOTD: anyone have a Garmin 405? Mine froze yesterday morning while on the time display, so I did the soft reset. This has happened a couple of times and always fixes it. Well, after I did the reset the screen went blank and won't turn on. I looked in the garmin forums and the answer was to try the resets, then if tha doesn't work, send it in for service Sad. I've only had it less than 2 years.

TR: playing in the Tupperware cabinet now. Loves to help clear off the table after dinner and unload the clean dishes out of the dishwasher. I'll take the help!

NRR: sunny and 60 forecasted for today- we will be spending as much time outside as we can.

PGR: 27 weeks today! Due date is 3 months from today.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - have you tried connecting it to the computer?  Or to the charger?  Also try cleaning the charger, and gps connection points with rubbing alcohol, I've heard they can corrode and not work effectively.  My previous garmin was a 405, I think it had done weird hang up things before but I have always gotten it going again.  DH's 310xt does stuff like that too, but plugging it in and playing with reset has always brought it back to life.  I hope you can resurrect it!!  Nice run today, you're running is amazing for 27 weeks!

running eh

RR - probably another walk on the trail with the kids.

NRR - felt so accomplished yesterday.  I did a lot, but actually just dropping off my tax stuff at the accountant always makes me feel accomplished.  I am not an organized person, so getting together all the paperwork is always an ordeal.

FR - omelet - though I just realized that we don't have many eggs left, but we will have to make do.

KR - My sister is dropping of her LO today for a bit.  He is about 1.5yrs and is really cute!

superspike113

Honorary Old

Article I saw on MSN.com today http://healthyliving.msn.com/health-wellness/too-much-running-tied-to-shorter-lifespan-studies-find

RR: 4.5 miles last night. I'm amazed at my paces lately with crappy mileage, the keep going down, probably because I rarely use the stroller.

TR: DH picked him up from daycare last night- only 3 time outs yesterday which is really good for a Monday. His godmother is picking him up tonight.

FR: Last night was flatiron steak , roasted potatoes, and broccolini. Tonight will probably be something lazy like a premade salmon burger or eggs since DH is on nights.

NRR: Getting my IUD this afternoon, well hopefully they will do it in the same appointment as the consultation.

QOTD- so one of my BFFs invited me on a girl's weekend to go to the Oregon Coast, kid free. My dilemma is that she invited 5 other girls, I have met or am acquainted with most of them. One is her sister (who I get along with), another is one of the Pinterest mombies that I'm thinking abot unfriending, the third is her Pastor's wife and is super quiet, fourth is her long time friend from HS who I have never met, and the last is a girl I like but probably won't go because he will be in her 3rd tri. My dilemma is A) the weekend they chose is when DH is working nights, so I would have to find someone to watch R- either my mom or Trudy probably B) DH and I are budgeting all extra money for the house, and were just planning on a few camping trips as our vacations this summer, and I don't necessarily want to use up babysitting favors when we could use them for backpacking instead C) My friend, and all of her friends are super duper Christian. I am the odd man out and it sometimes makes for uncomfortable situations. I am usually good in a group setting with her friends for a few hours at a social event, but a whole weekend seems kind of nerve wracking. Its funny, that of all people I am her sorta "bad-girl" friend lol- I am very tame in that regard! It does sound fun, and I'd be all over it if it were just me, her, and her sister. She found a 2 br 1 ba house rental that she is going to look into and the cost is very low.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

running eh

ernie - hope your run went well.  I feel your pain about S.  Last night I put DD2 to bed about 10 times.  I tried being nice, I tried being mean, I tried yelling and shutting the door - nothing worked.  I was so frustrated!!  I just returned some overdue books this morning.  I always wonder why I can't return a book on time when I am allowed to have it for three weeks (read organizational problems....)  Hope you are more organized than I am with your tax stuff.

zorbs - that is an ambitious run after that amazing weekend PR!!  Ohh, that local lulu job would be awesome!  I had forgotten they had one by you now.  I think you sold yourself really well just right there.  Way to go DH and B - big accomplishments for both of them.  Oh goodness, it would be a disaster if I had to keep gas receipts - I have trouble keeping T4s organized!

e-rain - have run at track night - hope the sitter is free.  Yay for Boston - so exciting!!  Ughh on DH.  Hope you can get the tummy stuff sorted.  What kind of trouble is he having?

CA - oh dear on the girl trouble - haha!  glad that M is such a sweet girl, she will probably learn to stick up for herself soon.  sorry about the dog - hope you get some answers soon!

rg - woohoo - 27 weeks!!  It's funny how it feels lie forever and yet goes so fast at the same time.  Nice on R being so helpful, he should teach my kids!  I have no idea about the Garmin, but that is so frustrating!

spike - The weekend away sounds really fun, but I think I might say no if I were you.  It could end up costing a bit of money and I'd rather spend the money doing something with my DH or my close girlfriends.  What are you leaning towards right now?  Hope the IUD goes well.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Ernie- Ugg I hate days like that with toddlers.

zorbs- even though you don't have retail experience, your personal training experience can cross over to that if you explain it right. A cover letter is going to be your BFF to explain your "passion" about Lululemon products and your personal experiences that will help you sell. As a personal trainer/piano teacher you have to exhibit encouragement and patience, which is what I have seen from lulu employees. Yay for DH! Ha I ran a marathon as my second race so I know that a HM is "Only 2 hours".

E_rainrun- did you clang all the pots and pans together while you cleaned up?  We did a St. Patty's Day pub crawl a few weeks ago and DH drank like 7 drinks in 3 hours and was hammered and got a horrible gut ache. He regretted it the next day.

CA- lol, I remember antagonizing my sister as a kid. I remember one time I punched her in the boob and my mom walked in right as she was kicking me back, so my sister got into trouble, not me.

RG- sorry about your garmin. Did you try just plugging it in and leaving it overnight then trying the reset? I thought mine died back in the fall because it did that, but I guess it just need to be plugged in and ignored for a while. I have the 210 though.

eh- I buy the 6 pack of containers of eggwhites from costco so I have something egg-ish if I run out of shell eggs.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

Eh- I'm leaning towards no. She called me about dates yesterday and I told to plan on what works for the majority, and then I'd see if it works for me because DH is only off 3 out of 5 weekends, but one of those is pretty much a loss because he's transitioning from nights->days. We want to camp or work on the yard in the weekends he has off. The cost isn't a huge consideration for me, its more of the timeline and company.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

r-eh - enjoy the trail walk, sounds fun!  I'm the same way w/ tax stuff, I need to get it done, but have been putting it off.

spike - yay for getting faster w/o the stroller!!!  I'm also faster in the spring because I'm not wearing 10 lbs of clothes and slipping on snow and ice.  I hope the IUD insertion is smooth.  When I got mine the dr had to give me an Rx for it, then I went to the pharmacy to pick it up and had to bring it back another day.  I'd probably skip the weekend if you're not excited about the crowd, it sounds like a lot of planning, organization, time and $ if you're not excited about it.

superspike113

Honorary Old

r-eh - enjoy the trail walk, sounds fun!  I'm the same way w/ tax stuff, I need to get it done, but have been putting it off.

spike - yay for getting faster w/o the stroller!!!  I'm also faster in the spring because I'm not wearing 10 lbs of clothes and slipping on snow and ice.  I hope the IUD insertion is smooth.  When I got mine the dr had to give me an Rx for it, then I went to the pharmacy to pick it up and had to bring it back another day.  I'd probably skip the weekend if you're not excited about the crowd, it sounds like a lot of planning, organization, time and $ if you're not excited about it.

Uggg. I hope not! That is annoying, my DR is 30 mins away!

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - things are probably different here though because the appointment and insertion were free under the govt healthcare, and the actual IUD was paid for by my extended benefits from work like any other Rx.