Womens Running

Finding Order Friday (Over 40) (Read 14 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Getting everything back in order after the holidays?

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

There were very nice presents given to me. Several were books which I've already started reading.

So far I've been trying things to help the PF. Forty-five minute cardio workouts at home have helped. Yesterday I wore my Brooks Adrenalines all day with their arch supports. That one thing seems to have helped aswell as the rolling with the frozen bottle.

Today I plan a cardio workout, then some volunteer work at a library. I'll be standing and walking on a slab floor, so we shall see how that goes.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Happy Friday!

Carol-congratulations on your grandson!

Marjorie-red/green.. nice Christmas run.

Judy-books are so nice to get!

Karen-technology is so smart but it's a pain when it THINKS it knows what we want and who we are.

Nice day yesterday... was quiet until all arrived in afternoon.  Had fun going through old pictures too.  So nice having all in the house.  You can all thank me for the mild winter we will likely have since dh got me snow shoes.  LOL

Heading to gym later today.  Miami dd went out for a run but I'm not hitting pavement yet.  Don't want to jinx that I feel good with nothing pointy hurting.

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Hope you all had a nice holiday!  I ran 11.03 last night.  Pilates in a few, 6 and weights tonight.  My throat is super sore from all the coughing, as are my abs.

Judy, nice presents!

Carol, congratulations!

Lisa, sounds like a nice afternoon!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2 for me.

Glad everyone seems to have had a good Christmas.

Marjorie

Harry Potter Marathon has begun... aid stations of popcorn and beer.

Looks like I need to register for Des Plaines Marathon for October 17.  $80 through Dec 31.   Any joiners?  I'll drive and work in a trip to the Chicago office.  The race is just about 30 minutes north of The Loop and is on a Saturday morning so works out well for me being there for Thurs/Fri for work then driving home after the marathon.  Able to easily drop someone off at O'Hare or Midway.. just saying...

Tessa-does Leona Divide sell out quickly?  I know it opens in January.

Damaris-sorry to hear about the sore throat.

Lisa

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

Two miles for me this morning before I had to abort. Somehow I've managed to aggravate my shns. Can't figure out how unless it wasbwalkjng up my mil's extremely steep and long driveway yesterday.

We had a nice day yesterday with DH's family. We're here in Tennessee till Sunday so we have some time to relax. DH and I are having date night- we got to go out for Chinese food and are now waiting for The Hobbit to start.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday.

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, I will seriously consider Des Plaines. That's Illinois, right?

Leona Divide does not usually sell out. Not a bad idea to register early, though. The Forest Service is fairly strict about permits.

Carol, congratulations, a grandson!

Karen, good luck getting all the iDevices to behave.

Marjorie, you have the patience of a saint if you were talking stepmom through Facebook.

Judy, hope the different location went well.

Damaris, you might want to rest up to help shake that cold.

Cindy, how did you manage to hurt your shins?

4 this morning, then drove down to Operation Jack to cheer Sally in, met up with Lisa and Kathy there and we all cheered, then brunch out, nice meal with lots of running talk. I appear to be signing up for LA this year and will try to pace Sally and Kathy to 4:45. Then came back home and did 9 more in the afternoon. There has been way too much chocolate consumed the last few days!