Womens Running

I want a do-over Monday Supermoms (Read 15 times)

runnergirl9508

Morning~

RR:bootcamp followed by a run- at least 5 miles this morning. It snowed just a bit yesterday- only about 1/2", which is pretty much the worst amount of snow since they won't plow, but it covers over all the ice patches.

TR: was a good boy over the weekend. I feel bad that the weather still is so cold and I haven't been able to take him outside to play. The play center is closed today, but we will go tomorrow.

NRR: so p!ssed at DH last night. I put R to bed at his usual time of 7:45, and he was still awake at 9 when I went to bed. I checked on him, made  him lay back down and went to bed myself. at 10:30 I ended up going back into his room after listening to him play, sing, whine for an hr and a half!!! I was kind of mean mom and very sternly told him to lay down and go to sleep. I finally fell asleep after that, only to wake up to R crying at 1:45. He had pooped. So I'm halfway through changing his diaper and DH walks upstairs, sees me in R's room, then walks back down without saying a word. WTH?! He comes up and gets into bed a minute later. I get back in bed, and fall asleep around 2:15- my alarm goes off at 4:45. I'm just mad b/c DH should have been the one checking on R all those times. We talked about it a couple of weeks ago, and he was all, "I'll check on him if he wakes at night; I know you need your sleep. Plus when the baby comes, I know you'll be busy." Yeah, thanks.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 7K recovery on the TM.

TR - had so much fun playing with SIL yesterday, who was watching him during the race.  He was holding the carnation I got at the finish, smelling it, and saying, "this smells really good!"

FR - noodles, veggies, teriyaki tofu

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

RR - 16k with 8k tempo. Yuck. I always dread tempo runs

TR - Big show off at her friend's birthday party yesterday. She picked up a toy drum and climbed up on the couch and performed for everyone by pounding on the drum and singing the alphabet song at the top of her lungs.

FR - Beef and broccoli

NRR - We are almost out of coffee, so I definitely need to grocery shop today. My ghetto car did this crazy thing on Friday, where the more I drove, the higher the gas gauge went. I ended up having no idea how much gas was actually in my car and was really worried I was going to run out before I made it to a gas station. After I filled up, it seemed to start working again properly, but I'm not sure I trust it anymore.

~~~

rg - Be careful of those ice patches! I think that if your DH is still up after you go to bed, he needs to carry the baby monitor around with him so that you can sleep and he can't claim he didn't hear R.

zorbs - How weird did it feel to run tied together? You guys were so fast without even practicing!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  SRD.  Did 9 on Saturday and am a little mad at myself for not going the extra mile and getting 10.  4 Recovery yesterday.

RR?:  I have shorts in this pattern.  What would you wear on top?

BR:  Napped 2 hours in his crib yesterday!  (That is big for us.)  AND....drumroll please.....he SLEPT from 10:30-5!!!  Woo Hoo!  I feel great! (Except for my boob which is ready to burst.)

BR#2:  Has his 4 month well check today.  Can't wait to get his stats!

TR:  Was kind of a mess yesterday.  Lots of whining and time outs which sucked for DH and I.  On a positive note, he stayed in the nursery at church and didn't cry for us.  Another huge feat!  And DH wanted to keep him in the service with us....

NRR:  I guess it was a rough day all around in our house.  DH and I yelled at each other including the F-Bomb...we rarely speak like that to each other.  He apologized...we got over it.

FR:  Panera for lunch  yesterday!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

moxieluvah

RG - DH should definitely be handling those things if he is still up, especially when you are preggo. this has been the coldest winter ever, my kids haven't been out much either.

zorbs - sounds like everyone had fun at the race, congrats on the age group award!

ernie - weird about the gas tank, i hope was just a fluke. what are you training for right now?

mer - i love that pattern of shorts, do you like the length on those? I wold probably go with a grey or black top. panera is my fav!

---

RR - SRD, got in a 22 and a 4 this weekend

NRR - my parents are on vacation this week, my mom usually has us over sunday for supper and then also takes the kids one night during the week. I know some people don't have help like that so it reminds me to be thankful for all my mom does for me.

KR - signed her up for the spring session on gymnastics, her BFF isn't going to do it so we will see how she does, when she gets nervous she usually holds her friends hand so she needs to make some new friends.

TR - just started the "why?" phase

FR - made chili in the slow cooker yesterday and it was yummy!

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - 2-3 mi on the TM before ST'ing.  We finally ran with the chick who had not showed up for two LR's yesterday.  She seemed really nice, and is SUPER fast, her half PR is in the 1:20's.  It was super cold out, but she ran the whole LR wearing a down jacket and a scarf around her neck.

TR - was awake this morning really early, DH is gonna be tired!  We signed her up for preschool starting in March, 3 mornings a week.

BR - was also awake when I left the house.  Was busy cutting a molar all weekend.  I hope it comes through soon!

FR - Kelly's cranberry pork in the slow cooker, thought I should try it since everyone else raves about it.

NRR - car did not start this morning, so I was an hour later getting to work than usual, I hate days like this, I have to figure out how to get O from the dayhome tonight, hopefully DH will be off work early enough.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: ran 5 yesterday on the TM, inner thighs still on fire today.  No time for running today.

TR: I wonder if his asshole-dom was caused by an upset in his routine when miss Jody was on vacation and he was home sick, because he was such a good boy all weekend.

FR: Tonight DH has that meeting so I'm cooking for 10+ people- have crockpot pulled pork and baked beans going already. Coleslaw has been shredded-just needs to be dressed, green salad, and need to bake cornbread and brownies.

NRR: Cleaned the moldy fridge this weeken *gag* it took like 1.5+ hours and still smells a tad musty. Got a lot done this weekend, including making some decorative pillows for my bed. Well, I got one done but the fabric is all cut and prepped for the remaining 3. The sewing is the fast part.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

RG- that sounds like DH. DH has to stay up late when he's transitioning to night shift and will ignore R's cries, then I will tromp across the house half awake and glare at him as I walk by. Ugg.

zorbs- great job on the AG win! Mmm your FR sounds good. I wish I could eat panko still, I once did panko tofu for teriyaki and it was soooo good.

Ernie- we had a car with a crazy gas gauge. Unfortunately, it was my parent's hearse for their funeral business, so one time I went with my mom to do a removal and we ran out gas in the family's driveway.

mer- black, white, grey, bright pink or teal for the top.  YAayyy! for good sleep!  Oooh those random STTNs hurt your boobs when you aren't used to them!

moxie- may god have mercy on you with the Why stage. So annoying.

CA- I still need to try your potroast recipe and that cranberry pork. I was worried my car wouldn't start yesterday, I went in the garage to feed the dog the night before and noticed R had turned on the dome light and it had been that way 12+ hours, but it started right up

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runninmer

rg - Yeah, you have every right to be pissed about that one.  Being pregnant, tired, and taking care of a toddler...in the middle of the night is just torture.

zorbs - Glad you had fun with the 5K!

ernie - Isn't S's b-day coming up?  Are you inviting other kids?  J's b-day is in April, and we have never done a kid party, but DH keeps talking like we will. Just wondering what others are doing.

moxie - I have that pattern in the Shake and Break shorts and really like them.  They seem to be just enough longer than the speed short that I am not worrying at all about my butt cheeks showing! Smile  Wow!  22 miles...I had to haul myself out for 9, the weather is sucking the fun out of running.  Glad I did it Saturday because Sunday was frigid.

CAR - You've had quite the morning already.  How did the interview go last week?  When will you hear?  (I might have missed that on FB.)

spike - We are doing crock pot pulled pork today too!  Yum.  Sounds like you had a super productive weekend!

Upcoming Races: 

runnergirl9508

RR2- ran 7.2 miles after bootcamp this morning, since my PT client cancelled. It was cold, but I got into a groove and just kept going. felt really good.

Thanks, everyone for your TR support. R woke up at 5:40- like 10 minutes after I left for work, so DH got to deal with an over-tired toddler all morning, hehe.

zorbs- hope the recovery run went well! aw, so cute about the carnation! great job at your race, and congrats on the AG win! there was a local 5-mile race here yesterday, but the route goes through a park which I know isn't maintained in the winter. footing would have been icy and bad.

Ernie- I hope the tempo run went well. Oddly, those are my favorites. I used to dread them too, but I started thinking about it as just one mile at a time, and focusing on that one mile, rather than the 6-8 I had to run at tempo pace. I credit Tempo runs with the chunks of time I was able to shave off my marathon. LOL on S performing on the drums. OH NO on the coffee- we wouldn't survive a morning without it. weird about the gas gauge?! We actually have never used a baby monitor, since R's room and ours share a wall and we sleep with the doors open. I think I plugged it in once or twice during the summer when I wanted to garden outside while R was napping.

Mer- Nice running over the weekend!  Don't be mad about the extra mile- you can run 10 this weekend! I'd wear a light or dark purple tank (solid color) on top. Cute shorts! How do they fit, size-wise? I've never tried lulu shorts, but I'm tempted because they are so cute! I wear an XS in Nike Tempo shorts. YAY for H napping so well, and sleeping so great at night!!! Hope it's the start of a good trend. Sorry about the rough day with DH, but glad you guys were able to make up! Mmm, I"ve been hungry for Panera! I love their black bean soup. We've only done family parties for R, which includes 6 nieces/nephews. We won't do an actual kid party until he starts Kindergarten.

moxie- this winter blows. NICE running over the weekend!!! I really am considering a 50K race next summer, around the time of baby #2's first bday. There's a local trail race that looks great. That's so great that your parents are able to help out with the kids so much. I know if we lived closer, my mom would do the same. Ugh on the why phase- I'm not looking forward to that one! Hope DD does ok in gymnastics.

CA- whoa, that's a FAST half PR!!! wish I could (try to) train with her. which preschool did you end up going with? hope that O's molar pops through soon. I would make that pork roast for DH, but he doesn't like the "sweet+ meat" combination. Oh no on the car not starting!

spike- ugh on the chafing! I hope R settles down and is back to his normal happy self for you this week. sounds like a great dinner planned for tonight. Ewwwww on the moldy fridge. You did a nice job on those pillows. DH said he fell asleep on the couch right after I went up to bed last night, which is why he didn't hear R. but, R was up at 5:40am today- right after I left for work. hehehe.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

moxieluvah

CA - weird about the down jacket and scarf for a LR. bummer about the car not starting, great way to start the week!

spike - i chafed bad wearing shorts on the TM last week, was not fun. Good luck with the big meal, i stress out when I have to host stuff like that.

mer - i need to go to lulu soon and just try on some shorts.

rg - you should definitely try a 50k!

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - DH "forgets" a number of super annoying things he does late night/early morning (jumps out of bed a hair before me and hogs the bathroom, man pee in the toilet) and I usually can't be bothered to yell at him at 5:30 am but he does need reminding..so I would remind your DH that you need sleep and he should be checking in on R at night if he is still up, of course DH's shouldn't NEED reminding, but unfortunately they do.

ernie - I remember one week my mom's friend had to pick me up from summer camp in her super skeezy Acadian..every day the fuel gauge would be pointing past empty and I would live in fear that we'd be stranded somewhere.  The whole week the gauge never got any fuller.  It wasn't too hard to run tied together..right near the start I spied a gap and went in, DH was to my left and ended up to my right, but we got fixed up.  After, if we wanted to pass, we'd just mutter, "left" or "right" to each other and that worked really well, except when DH said right when he went left.  Oh and yesterday when we went out for lunch, I saw a car in the parking lot with a window that obviously wouldn't roll up all the way and the top 2 inches was duct tape.  Reminded me of your ghetto car Smile

mer - I'd wear white or lavender or gray. But lavenders are a bitch to match.  I'm perusing the lulu site and they don't have ANY other items in that colour, which is odd.

moxie - that is some serious mileage!

CA - the new RP might be fast and nice in person but you said she has proven to be flaky and is a kooky dresser, that's 2 strikes Wink

spike - what did you do to your inner thighs?  I am lazy and always buy coleslaw in a bag.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- 5 miles on the tm in short shorts with no body glide is what I did to my thighs Sad

runninmer

rg - If you are an XS in Nike Tempo, I would go with a 2 at Lulu.  I am a S in Nike and wear a 4 in Lulu.  10 is the plan for this weekend...I just hope the temps are there.  I will not do 10 on a TM!

Upcoming Races: 

Erniegirl

mer - Yay for a good sleep! I LOVE those shorts. +1 to Spike's colour choices. S's birthday party is in less than two weeks and we are expecting approximately 30 adults and 15 kids. We are probably pathologically laid back, because we've planned absolutely nothing, beyond inviting all these people.

moxie - I'm training for a spring marathon...my first ever full! Yum, slow cooker chili sounds great in this weather.

CA - Wow, the new RP is speedy! Which apparently no one would ever guess based on how she dressed to run. Did your car eventually start or did you have to take the bus?

Spike - Your dinner for 10 sounds amazing! Make it dinner for 11, I'm coming over too  Yuck on the mouldy fridge. I always feel really accomplished after I've cleaned something serious like that, but the process is awful. Omg on the hearse break down!

rg - Taking the tempo one mile at a time is good advice! I find that the first couple kms feel like torture and then I get into a groove and think "this isn't so bad". I would guess you are probably a size 2 in lulu.

zorbs - LOL on the duct tape windows. Duct tape makes everything extra ghetto! When I was a kid, my parents had this ghetto station wagon and they finally decided to get a new car after all the doors started flying open whenever they turned a corner. Maybe they should have just duct taped them shut and kept the car.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15