Womens Running

Tiptoe To Work (Over 40) (Read 19 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tiptoe. Work might hear me coming. Tight lips  Big grin

(I have a bizarre sense of humor at this hour.)

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Monday I did 35 minutes with coach on the track. I walked with another friend, then did 30 minutes of cardio at home afterwards. I didn’t do the cardio since a long session on Friday. The arms really feel slightly sore. I need to keep this stuff up so not to be sore. Wink

Back to the regular track run, then cardio at home today after an errand.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Morning

so I'm retiring from racing. The hip has convinced me. I wasn't a racer to start and each race is bringing issues. I don't need them for motivation as I ran for 20 years without ever racing. I will try a run on Friday. It will determine if I will DNS this race or if it is my last one.

Gatsby congrats on NYC. Sounds like fun.  No. Doctor won't help. I'm a Physical therapist. I know what is wrong with it. I also consulted with several other PTs at my meeting. If it isn't better when I decide on Friday I will have PT full treatment next week. I can't do chiro. My joints are too mobile and manipulation is contraindicated for my spine. I've had ART from a chiro but that isn't manipulation.

Karen hope oped you stay germ free.

Congrats to mm Tessa I'm glad she is thrilled with finishing.

The he funny thing with the hip is I have no problems at all unless I try to run. 0. Nothing hurts. Cant provocate it Unless I actually run.

Meetung was long. I didn't get home until almost 8. Didn't eat my normal food so had a headache. I know if I stray it causes issues. So normal food again for me.

Marjorie

LC Runs

Happy Tuesday!

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes (here and on FB) Smile  I had a low key day - worked, then went to Fusion class, but it was good.  My new co-workers all gave me cards and small gifts.  The nurse I work with bought me lunch, it was a great day.  Tonight, BF and I will go out to dinner (he works late on Mondays).

4.5 miles this morning, what a great mild day it is!  I ran over the weekend, as well.  Saturday 3 miles plus class and Sunday 6.5 miles with a friend.

Judy - I am sore from weight class, she really put us through the ringer on Saturday.  I'm also doing a Plank challenge this month, ugh I hate planks but they work really well!

Marjorie - so sorry about the hip issue, damn joints.  Hope it resolves itself and I can understand about the non racing.  You will save lots of money!  Smile

Karen - sorry DH is sick.  Great job at the Marathon!

Gatsby - glad you had a good NYCM experience!

Hi Lisa, Carol, Camille, Cindy, Damaris, Ginny, Tessa......everyone Big grin

ginnyb

Hi all,

I have been sort of MIA I know.  Mainly because I haven't been running, have been doing the WT though.

Marjorie...sorry about the hip.  Like I said before mine hurts, but not when I run.  Weird.

I will get back out there, just being lazy I guess.

Gatsby and Damaris...congratulations on the NYC marathon!

ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

Hi all! Quick check-in at lunch. I did not run this morning. I decided as I lay there with tired legs that they deserved another day off. I did bring running clothes and will hit the hotel TM tomorrow morning though.

Cindy, thanks for the ITB advice. I will enjoy telling my sister to strengthen her butt!

Tessa, congrats to MM! And to you for getting her there!! I know what you mean about how easy it is to go out to fast when you're pacing someone. I had the realization during the 15K with my sister that just because I was running nice and slow, we were still going faster than she was ready for at that distance. So I was partly to blame for some of our later race walking. Her IT band was mostly to blame, but I will share in it. Something to remember when we run the Disney half.

Marjorie, it does seem like something always seems to happen right before a race for you. Which sucks in my opinion because I love racing. But like you said, it's never been your thing. Do what you enjoy and what keeps you healthy.

Laura, that does sound like a good birthday. Mine is always low key, because DH never does anything. But then I shop for myself for a good week or two and if he questions ANYTHING, I just remind him it's my birthday present and he shuts up. Secrets of our 19-year marraige....

It only took me three weeks on the job, but finally today I was able to make my phone get my work email. You don't know how oddly happy it made me to get that to work. I'd tried a couple of times and did something wrong, then forgot to ask the IT consultant when he came in last week. At least I got it to work before my first work trip (if only by a few hours!).

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies. Sorry to have been MIA but we flew to NY on Thursday night and returned late yesterday.  We had fun, I didn't PR, I still feel some pain, but I can still finish marathons and have fun.  I just want to get this pain issue resolved so I can go an attempt a PR, sigh.

judy, nice workouts.  I had to tiptoe to work.  I was still half asleep, lol.

Marjorie, I am sorry to hear you are still having issues. Does that mean you won't be running higher mileage any more or just not racing so you don't have that extra stress?

LC Runs, sorry for my belated happy birthday, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  Hope you had a great day.  Nice run this morning.

Ginny, sorry you have not been running.  Hope you get back to it soon.

Karen, how are you liking the job so far?

Hope everybody is doing well.  Off to read the last three threads!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Gatsby, hope to hear about your NYCM experience!  And sorry I didn't get your message about where we were staying since I didn't visit RA until yesterday.  We stayed at the Roosevelt Hotel by Grand Central.  We could've met for dinner, darn it!

I wrote an RR.  It's in my blog if interested.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Not tiptoeing to work...but that's partly because I am working from home today. Catching up on a bunch of things.

DH is snoozing, as he has been a lot of the day. Must be nice. He is awake and fitful in the night hours, dammit, which means that I am also awake a number of times during the night. DS is at class.

Judy, what did you do to make the arms sore -- cardio or weights?

Happy birthday Laura!

Ginny, I was wondering where you were. Nice to see you!

Congratulations Gatsbybird and Damaris on NYCM!

Marjorie, sorry your hip is still bothering you. Perhaps not racing would be better, especially if you're not particularly driven to race.

Karen, some accomplishments are worth being proud of, and figuring out the company computer and/or voicemail systems are among them. Good luck on the work trip!

4 this morning with RN, then another 4 by myself since I don't usually get a chance to run again on Tuesdays. It's cool but not cold, blustery winds. Glad it wasn't like this on Sunday!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Oh, I'm not giving up long distance. I always have run long distances. When I came to this group (nearly 4 years ago!) I was doing 70 or more a week so I'm not giving it up

discovered huge huge huge bruise on my right ankle. Well, Pilates instructor did. I banged it really hard yesterday in my rolling briefcase. It brought tears to my eyes. I saw I'd kinda scraped the skin but didn't think much as it didn't bleed and I had on hose. Well guess I did bang it really hard.

Pilates instructor or was really looking at all my biomechanics. I've been going for 3 years so she knows my movement patterns well. Conclusion is nothing us any different than my normal.  And still strange with my SI non reproduce able unless I run. So, just a fluke. Crossing fingers on Friday.

Marjorie

Hi all!

Lisa

Hi from me too!

Damaris, I enjoyed your NYCM RR but dang, running in that much pain doesn't sound fun.  I loved the ponchos too... big, orange and warm!

https://scontent-a-pao.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1451352_546036008798033_1204060421_n.jpg

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR