Womens Running

Wonderful Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 183 times)

To all of us from Karnel's husband after viewing the FB page and blog:

This is amazing, you have truely touched my heart with what you are doing here.
    You are really keeping her spirit alive and well, I cannot say thank you
    enough for what you are doing.

In loving spirit,

Bill

Anyone know is there a way to make the event more than just one day on FB?

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Great note from Karnel's hubby. We all lost her 'way too soon.

Yesterday was a great 35 minutes threading my way through newbies on the track with Fast Buddy and Coach.

Today will be a light, easy run on the track. Smile

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I did 3 last night and they were slow but good.  SRD tonight as we will be heading to a Cirque show.

MyMomruns, such a nice note from her husband.  Thank you for taking care of this.

judyruns, nice 35 minutes.  Enjoy your easy run tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LC Runs

Morning Smile

5 interval miles on TM this morning.

Lisa - wow, what a wonderful note from Bill  I'm not sure about the event dates, I have seen some that give a range of dates.

Judy - nice track workout!

Damaris - nice 3 miles last night!  Enjoy the Cirque tonight :-)

runlikeagirl18

Good morning ladies-

I have a chiro appointment this morning, then hope to squeeze in 6 miles before I have to be up at the school to coach DS1's battle of the books practice.

Lisa - great words from Bill. Thanks for everything you've done on it.

Judy - even if the exercise habit only sticks for a small percentage of the newbies, at least it's something!

Damaris - enjoy the show!

Laura - did you get hit with the bad weather you were expecting?

Have a great day everyone-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

ginnyb

Terrible 3 miles this morning.  I havenT had a truly bad run in a while, so I guess I was due.  Better luck on Friday I hope.

Work tonight, so I am home this morning, went grocery shopping and now making dinner.  I will be back later.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

Morning all,

Cindy, I would love to be able to get together when I'm in NC in February. If you can't make it over that day, maybe we could meet up somewhere either Friday or Sunday. I don't know if there is somewhere in between? Or we could head your way as we're on vacation with no real plans other than running up a mountain that Saturday. Or we could stop somewhere near you on our way down Thursday and do dinner. Let's definitely touch base once it's closer.

Lisa, thanks for sharing the note from Bill. I hope that it helps Karnel's family just a little somehow. I did some googling and figured out how to make the event multiple days. What were you thinking - maybe the weekend before through the weekend after? Also, on the top of the page it still says "paypal (need link)". We should fix that.

Morning Judy, Damaris and Laura!

Well, I read my schedule wrong yesterday. I was only supposed to do 8x600 and I did 10. And those last two were especially hard! Oh well, I felt pretty good when I was done, and have a little extra swagger to carry around today. SRD today, and I think I will probably take it completely off. A chance I will do the uphill walk on the TM thing, since I doubt that Mt. Mitchell is going to get flatter in the next five and a half weeks, but nothing else. And maybe not even that. This weekend I'm meeting up with some other trail running people to run on a hilly, rocky, tough trail in western Maryland. We're all bring $10-20 and going to donate it to the Sandy Hook Victims Fund. Our little version of the virtual runs going around the internet.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Karen-thanks... I think you have admin ability to change the date part.

The other thing I was thinking was that maybe we should each take a picture of ourselves with our cut out leaf or printed leaf (what happened to the flat stanley idea?.. he could have Karnels leaf on him) as soon as possible.  Before I did this myself I wanted to run idea by you all.

Post pic of self with leaf then comment: My Amazing Event will be to run a mile on Feb. 9 at Island Lake....26 times"

Main thought is that I would like to see activity on page AND make people feel it's more about doing something than donating something.

Thoughts?

Lisa

Anonymous Guest

Back with a couple of questions for the group.

1. Yaktrax. Who has them and uses them? How easy to carry are they and how easy are they to put on and take off? Like, if I'm running up a mountain and get high enough that the trail is covered with snow, will they fit in a pocket of a vest and can I then put them on basically with just a tree to lean against? Has anyone used Microspikes? Better or worse than Yaktrax?

2. Fitbit. Anyone use one? I know a couple people that got them for Christmas and love them. The data/gadget lover in my wants one. But not until all our beginning of the year expenses are taken care of (rest of the roof replacement, boat and car insurance bills, yacht club and boat parking bill, slip for the big boat for the year, taxes, and I'm sure others that I've forgotten about). And I wonder if I'll actually remember to wear it all the time or if it will end up in a drawer after a few weeks.

Ginny, glad you got that bad run out of the way today. Wouldn't want to have a bad run messing with your weekend!

Lisa, I went ahead and made the change on facebook. Basically, you have to put in a start time, then it gives you the "end" options and you can pick a later date and time.

Edited to add: Lisa, I love that idea of posting pics early with "My Amazing Event will be....". Generate some excitement and let people see that anything can count. I was thinking of Metro'ing into DC and taking a pic with a monument or something in the background.

Good news - the boss called me in yesterday afternoon and told me I'm getting a 5% raise, effective January 1! Biggest raise I've gotten since coming here 6 years ago (they rarely go above 2% upstairs). And then he was in a good mood that he got it for me, so he told me to go home early and get my run in. I complain about him being not the smartest guy around, but he is a really good guy. If only he didn't frustrate me so by being not that smart.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Hi

Did Centergy class last night.  Not as crowded as it was last week, but this woman parked her mat RIGHT next to mine....just a little too close there honey.  They introduced a new routine (changes every 60-90 days).  Not thrilled.

Signed up for swim fit class.  Starts next week.  Supposed to work on form, upper body strength and speed.

Group Power this morning.  Just the regulars today.  Much better.   I think more people like the instructor on Monday, who is alot more fun, but the Wednesday instructor makes more sense and I understand the moves better.  AND she gets us out on time.

Yay Karen!!!  Nice raise!

Marjorie--at least you found out now before he sent $$$$$$ to the "mystery woman".  There is a special place for scum like that.

Have a great day!!

Karen-congrats on the raise!  I'll put the question out to the ultra group I'm in.  I use Yaktrax.  They aren't too hard to take on and off but when hands get cold and they are cold they aren't as easy to manipulate.  We did do a mid run swap on one trail run when I gave them to a woman who had road shoes on. Resulted in her having "shoe-gasms" because she was so thrilled and had never felt like that before.

Lisa

ginnyb

So, for those of us who aren't particularily computer savvy, do we like copy the leaf and put it somewhere on our person and take a pic?  I am sure this is a dumb question...

Karen...I have yak tracs too, haven't used them this year, but I think they work pretty well and not so hard to take on and off..

Ginny

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

ginnyb

Nevermind!  I got it!  It helped that I went to the FB page and actually read the whole thing..DUH!   Not too bright sometimes.  I attribute my state of mind to not seeing the sunshine for days on end..

Ginny

ginnyb

Lisa....you wouldn't like to try and get together and do our amazing event together would you?  Do you already have something planned?

Ginny

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

So after scammagedon yesterday I actually was able to sleep.  Got up at 4 and did a fast 10 miles (a minute a mile faster than my slow pace).  Guess I was pounding out some agression.

Dad still hasn't let it all go.  He wants me to email her since he told her I wouldn't let him send any more money and she wants to talk to me.  He says he knows it is a fake but he also, I think, has a slim hope that it isn't.  Damaris and I have come up with a great fake email for me so I'll send it from the hotel computer tonight so it isn't my normal email so won't trace it.  He says he will give me what to say.  Crap.  i wish he would realize this is beyond a scam and he needs to let it go.  Lying to me was bad enough.  so sad really.  Dh and I talked probably 6 times last night on the phone and we know we will be going up there soon as we really need to take care of stuff since twin is not doing anything about this and obviously didn't dig in at all.  I hope after the email that will end it.  I already told him he can google Ghana dating scams and will get a ton of hits on that as it is so prevalent.

Glad Karnels DH is liking what is going on with the event!

Ginny sorry the run wasn't the best.  Remember the really good runs that you've had and they will return!

Judy you are so consistent.  Did you figure out which shoe bruised the little rodent paw/foot of yours?

Hey D.  Looking forward to dinner and HH tomorrow!

Waves to Cindy and Laura

Karen probably did 10 since we were discussing yassos the other day and doing 10...No yaktraks for me or fit bit

Lisa that is a nice idea

Marjorie