Womens Running

Taco Tuesday! (DAILIES) (Read 21 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

MMMM tacos.

Soft shell or hard?! (thats what she said)

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

7.2 miles for me. Body pump tonight.

Pretty good run. It feels good to run shorter distances after last week Smile It was dry for the beginning but started snowing pretty hard around mile 5. We have about a half inch on the grass and nothing on the roads. Supposed to stop snowing around 8:30. Having an issues with my right calf. Just constantly tight - even after foam rolling and stretching. I guess I just have to stretch it constantly throughout the day. Its annoying. I am sure its from the mileage last week..not really painful just annoying!

After this snow is done, we should be in for 2 dry days. Yay! But my long run Friday is going to be a complete wash out. Fun - not really. Oh well, can't control mother nature.

HCBF is leaving today  I wish we would hear about this other account already!!! I thought we might hear before Feb 1!

OH MY TACOS..I prefer the hard shell. It like better hard. LOL. Thats what she said Smile

Tessa – Ew, if mammal asked me to kiss him in any way I would get him fired. LOL. Nice job with the lunchtime run. LOL at swallow it comment. Haha. What does your dentist saw about the chews??

Kilmisters – Hi baby K!!! Wow, nice 10!!

Sandy – I had to laugh a little bit about your description of your co-workers. Sorry, it is just very similar to where I work. Except most of the engineers are in uniform so they can’t wear holy jeans Smile BUT completely understand the poor communication skills. Isn’t that men in general? It amazes me how 4 management staff (my little office nook) have the WORST time communicating!!! I don’t understand. Just cc me on an email! Is it that hard? Apparently it is. I didn’t know you tore your ACL! Or I missed it somehow. Do you get any pain at all?? I have broken a bone and it bothers me now and then when it gets really cold. WOOHOO for running long!!! I have a feeling you may need it after your work week. Coaching never helps LOL. I am looking forward to seeing the moon tomorrow! Its been so dreary here Ill be excited when it isn’t raining.

Diana – Bummer that your Garmin crapped out. They are expensive to replace! I haven’t had any experience with the TomTom. LOVED your response to Diane. I completely forgot about weather!!! I tend to fuel more on training runs when it is really hot. I NEVER hydrate on long runs in the Winter. Really bad of me..but I don’t really get thirsty. No excuse, I know. Bad Liz. Agree on the easy miles help the heavy legs. Yes yes yes!

Judy – Wow, that sounds awesome! Since you take classes there, can you go to that gym free of charge?

Run4kupcakes – OMG. That is quite the Sunday night! Did you take yesterday off??? Sounds like a college night LOL. Hopefully you got some rest last night.

Laura – What is it with boys being able to eat whatever they want and never gaining a pound?? HCBF is like that. NOT FAIR. I never thought about pb/j sandwiches for fuel!! I may try that.  Glad to hear the back is feeling better. I am sure standing on your feet most of the day doesn’t help a whole lot.

Margaret – YES. I agree with you on the empty stomach thing. I am about the same – taking in 100 calories every hour on the long runs. I run my morning run without eating before, and I am always starving when I get up. I can handle up to 12 but if I am going longer..fuel every hour. I look forward to those M&Ms. Smile Hope you enjoyed your rest day! How is the weather looking for this weekend?!

My phone is blowing up!!! Help! Haha..Happy Tuesday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Howdy! Chiro visit yesterday helped move back/hip into the right spot, but I'm still kinda sore.  I swam this morning and sat in the whirlpool for a few minutes, so I'm hoping that helped.

Fuel--short runs -- empty stomach. Long runs--Clif bar about an hour before, then a gu every 4-5 miles.

We were watching HGTV last night and I had a brainstorm to repaint the entire house. DF looked at me like I was crazy. Hasn't been painted in YEARS.  It really needs to be painted. I want it painted before all the family comes down for the wedding in July....

Laura--I hope your back is better.

dhuffman63

Trails

I like har  Wd tacos but will eat either.  I prefer quesadillas though to tacos.

I'm SO tired today.  I wanted to get up early and get some miles in just in case I have to pick up my car tonight but opted to sleep later cause I slept like crap.  Woke up at least half a dozen times.  Not sure if working out 6 days a week is going to work for me.  Power Cardio or whatever they want to call it, was interesting last night.  She laid down a "ladder" not a real one but with soft sides and the like and we stepped (ran) through it like football players do with tires.  I liked that cause it reminded me of crossing creeks and stepping over rocks or roots on a trail. When we got to the end we were to sprint back....yeah...it's been close to 40 years since I sprinted.

I'm kind of bummed about it too...part of what we do at the beginning is run laps around the indoor track...I'm lucky if I can run just the corners.  Even so I get so out of breathe.  I need to be able to make cutoffs at these 50k and definitely for the 50 miler but I'm afraid I've lost all conditioning. I'm hoping to start a run/walk again in Feb and maybe that will help.

Lizzie I'd probably get arrested if your crappy boss tried kissing me...lol.  Speaking of babies, how is your nephew?  Any results on the kidney tests?

Elina you are putting in some serious miles!  Hi to baby K...you need to post another pic.

Sandy I got to see the moon last night on my way home.  I'm hoping to see it tomorrow morning.

Diana, I believe Damaris has the TomTom Spark and she likes it.  I've looked at replacing my FR235 only cause it takes me forever out on the 50ks and I want something with a long battery life...lol.  Mine is a couple of years old and starting to not hold it's charge. I do like the wrist HR and love the GPS.

Sue glad your hip/back is feeling better. Do you know why it pops out of place?

Off to get some more coffee...it's going to be one of those days.

Bikerchick1

Lizzie -  I saw you had a 60 mile week!!!  Amazing!  What/when is your Marathon?

LCruns - Sorry about your back Sad.  How was Snowman?

Susan - Sorry about your back, too!  Hope it feels better for your du Smile. Gotta love HGTV!

i can’t believe how busy this semi-retirement is!  Went to Austin and did the 3M half.  Weather was 60’s, 100% humidity...didn’t love the race Sad.  But, really went to see Niece, Nephew, and families.  They spoiled us, and even came to the Finish line Smile

Next up Disney Princess with my DD.  Oh, and signed up for Pittsburgh Full in May...

Hi to All!

carol

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lizzie, yes, I can use the facility for free because I have a student card for the college and have paid my tuition each session ($99 for 7 weeks). The classes are part of the Encore College which is made up of retirement age people. Our teachers are often people with doctorates, lawyers DC has taught several history classes), professors, hobbyists, people certified in their areas, and other people well versed in their various subjects. There are even classes on old time radio, etc. No tests, no pressure. 

Eating before runs: 26 years ago when I started doing 1.5 hour runs I went early in the morning and on empty. When I was younger it was ok. Now I make sure I eat before because I need to keep the blood sugar more level due to the possibilities of dizziness, not lifting my toes enough and stumbling, etc.

Monday I did 25 minutes running at home. Later DC and I did 2 hours of very physical volunteer work at the library. May I have cross training credit for the volunteer work? I’m wiped out after every time we do it. It is constant lifting and walking.

Today I think DC and I are going to the gym. It snowed.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Good Morning, glad it's not Monday LOL

3 TM miles.  Back is feeling good, I still notice it but I am not moving in pain anymore, thank goodness.

Lizzie - Nice 7.2!  Hope HCBF hears about the other account soon, I can relate to the waiting and wondering!  Boys usually can go a long time in their life w/o gaining wait, though DS has already stated he will probably get fat in college since there will be such access to food.  BF was always skinny but has put on the # once he hit his mid 30's.  He told me this morning he's going to do an Atkins diet for the next two weeks to get himself slimmed down for Florida - eyeroll-.  Of course, he'll probably lose 15# or something ridiculous.

Sue - glad you are feeling better!  Back seems to be improving.  Painting is a project but it sure makes the house look fresh!

Diane - that class sounds like a good (tough) one!

Carol - glad you got to see family while in Texas.  When is the Disney Half?  Snowman was fun but not my best 10k (my worst actually).  Fun to stay for lunch and awards at O Kelley's though!

Hi Judy - have a great day at the gym!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I like true Mexican tacos which are soft shelled. Smile

I have Pilates and 6 with 6 X 100m tonight.  Ran my 6 outside last night in hot and humid weather.  Today, it will be in the 60s for a 24 hour cool front.

Lizzie, nice run.  Mammel's injury? Ouch.

Susan, glad the chiro helped.

Diana, yeah, I have the TomTom Spark and love it.  I hate waking up many times at night.  I do that too often.

Carol, sounds like horrid conditions to race.

Judy, enjoy the gym.

Laura, nice 3.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

dhuffman63

Trails

Hi Carol!  Nice to see you.

Judy you bring up a good point...I think my fueling at Hawk, or lack of due to the vomiting, was a direct cause of all the stumbling/falling I did.  Lisa was constantly telling me to eat...lol.  I did make sure I took her advice at PH and keep it in mind at all my events now. I do carry gels and other things just in case the aid stations are too far apart.

Laura, my DH has found that he's packed the pounds on early 40's but doesn't really make the effort to lose.  I worry cause heart disease runs in his family, like mine, but I don't want to nag him about it cause then he definitely won't do anything.  Men...jeez.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Mmmmm, tacos.  Mine Saturday were delicious.  Soft.  Sorry Lizzie.

Lizzie, glad your shorter run was good.  I bet the last two miles in the snow were pretty though.  Sorry about the calf.  I get tightness in my hammies quite frequently.  Possibly if I actually did something about it, they wouldn't bother me as much...   I feel for you on HCBF, crossing fingers waiting to hear.

Sue, HGTV can be dangerous for the wish list of things to do.  Chip/Joanna (Fixer Upper) are putting on a marathon in May in Waco.  I would do it, except it is on a Sunday and I work.  Chip is doing the full.  Now if the Property Brothers were holding it, I would take off.  Wink

Diane, I am weird when it comes to food/water.  I used to eat a fair amount before I went out, but I haven't been able to eat in the mornings much anymore.  Anything longer than 5-6 miles, I take a granola bar with me.  Unless it is TX summer, I don't hydrate for runs under 10 miles.  For longer trail races you all know I take real food with me.  Gels don't cut it.  Road races, I just do gels/granola bars because I won't wear a vest - unless it is TX summer that is.  I take them about every hour, if I can get them down.  Woot woot to BB.  As Tessa said, don't worry about it selling out.  Last year it didn't sell out till Thanksgiving.  Plenty of time, but then there goes the early bird/discount.  C'mon, we all know you and I are both signing up the first day.  Smile

Carol, that is too bad you didn't enjoy the race.  But so nice that your family came to the finish.  It really is nice to have somebody there!

Judy, nice you volunteer so much!!  Stay safe in the snow.

Laura, glad the back is improving.

Damaris, enjoy the "cold front."

No running yet, my blisters are still painful.  It is pretty uncomfortable walking around even.  Maybe tomorrow? They are on the bottoms on my feet in-between my toes and ball of my foot.  The heal ones I can deal with.

Yesterday was lovely.  Nails and a nap, that was it.  Ahhhhhh.  Today, not so much.

Have a great day all.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

dhuffman63

Trails

Kat...I already checked UltraSign up but I was good and held back.  $110 for the 50 miler which isn't bad...last place came in at a little over 20 hours (I always look for the last person's time...lol) and I think I can do that.  So now all I have to do is start saving for flight, rental car and hotel along with fees.  Shouldn't be a problem with it being in Dec and I'm staying semi local for the other runs this year to save on expenses.  I did find another lady who lives somewhat close who does the same ones I'm looking at so I might be able to share hotels with her.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Diane, don't worry about hotels yet, I need a place to stay too.  It is way too far to drive that morning for me - 3 1/2 hours.  I could potentially ferry you back/forth from the airport so that is another expense you wouldn't need to worry about - based on when your flights are that is.  I will be driving in Friday and leaving Sun/Mon.  Karen still seems to be game for the race.  We all need to get together after the race, my 50th birthday is the 5th, and we will need to celebrate that and finishing our first 50 miler!!  LOTS of time to plan still.

dhuffman63

Trails

Yes indeed we will...I'll be turning 55 on the 1st so it's a celebration for me too!.  I'm up in the air about flying in Fri or Thur...but you are right it's quite some time before I have to worry about it.  I'll probably leave Mon...I'm sure I'll need Sunday to rest...well I'm sure I'll be out there into Sat night since it starts at 7 am on Sat.  Most of my 50ks this year are rail trail and relatively flat.  PH has rolling hills but they weren't bad.  Flint Hills trail marathon is probably the hilliest one I'll do this year.  I plan on getting in some time on my hilly roads which seems to help even on flat rail trails.  I'm concerned mostly about my lack of ability to get some running in with my walking.  That's going to be my focus along with core work.

ginnyb

Kat....did I read Chip and Joanna are going to put on a marathon????  In Waco????  what fun would that be, except I don't think I can do another marathon.

I fear I am falling into another slump with this newly fallen snow again.  I just could not make myself to even go workout with trainer this morning, hopefully I will make it tomorrow.  I did run 4 miles on Sunday outside and felt great, best I have felt in a long time and then winter hit again.

Also prefer quesadillas to tacos here.  I am still perplexed about fueling during races.

Just wanted to check in.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Ginny, if you are serious about going, I could be talked into it!  Yes, there is a half.  Waco is 3 hours for me.