Womens Running

Take the HEAT away TUESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 17 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Help.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

7 miles for me. Body pump tonight,

If my plan had more than 7 miles..I would have cut it short. 76/75 dewpoint out there. AWFULLY STICKY. Yuck. Not too bad considering...going to be this bad for the rest of the week. We are in for a cool down after some rain on Saturday (which hopefully will be during my long run). I have a little speed work tomorrow..I dont expect to be very "speedy".

We did NOT win last night Sad Haha, I knew we wouldn't but it was worth a shot!! I am going off 3 hours sleep...but it was still worth it. If we wouldnt have gone then our name would have been called. It was really cool to see the train station at night. Reassures our decision. Talking with another wedding planner tonight after the gym and then hopefully making up my mind. CHA-CHING.

Docket – hahaha – I am usually in bed by 8-8:30 so yes, 4:00 is evening.

Ginny – At least you are going to have some time off! Nice workout yesterday! Are you excited for your race on the 4th?

Run4kupcakes – Nice sticky miles! Hey, at least there will be booze during the extroverting.

Happy Tuesday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have Pilates IF I can get to it.  I posted the sinkhole video on my FB.  The road is still closed, closing my access to Pilates (there is another road, though) and most importantly, MY STARBUCKS.

Liz, lol.  I am still running at 8pm.  Or working.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

WowZa!!!!  It has been pouring buckets here!!!!  thankfully we were home yesterday when the bottom fell out. Did an easy 3 miles this morning, now it's raining again. At least it was a tad cooler this morning.

Lizzie--sorry you didn't win, but I hope it was fun.

Yipee!! We get two whole hours of admin leave today.  I'll take it!!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Happy Tuesday.

Still no mojo, or walk, or run...  Gonna try to find some next week.  (Mom comes tomorrow.)

I really haven't been following well so personals are a bit hard, my apologies.  I like to keep up even if I don't post and have been doing a crappy job at that.

Lizzie, what did you enter at the train station???  That is cool about the wedding planner.  I hope that the one you meet tonight will bring clarity to which one you should choose.

Damaris, I will have to go find your video...  Glad you enjoyed the concert, I saw the pics on FB.

Sue, glad you weren't out when the buckets were coming down.

So, not much really here.  I got my hair done yesterday.  Mostly purple with some dark pink/fuschia-ish thrown in.  Still dark on the top so it isn't as crazy when it is thrown up in a bun.  It was nice talking to my hairdresser yesterday, she and I commiserated on being bored in life and having a bad case of the mehs/blahs.  Maybe that is why I am doing the funky color, glittery eyeliner, and maybe tattoos?  Though I have loved them for years and always wanted more.

My mother comes tomorrow.  I hope she doesn't faint at the sight of me.  I am very tense about the tattoos and her comments on them.  She is NOT going to be pleased.  Need to finish cleaning for her.

It is 77 right now and I have to say, it feels gloriously cool.  I know there has been chatter about the weather and I cannot believe I think 77 feels cool.  It has been MISERABLE.

Work ended Sunday.  Relieving to finally get it over with and get on with things.  I put bids in for September this week.  I also have picked up shifts at another hospital.  All will be OK.  Now I just have to wait for my last paycheck and severance pay.  I WAY overspent this pay period and even had to raid my emergency stash.

Thank you all for being here, even if I don't run, walk, or post.

Have a fabulous 4th tomorrow everyone.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

HI Kat!  Hang in there!!!

Damaris---Grrrr!!!!  I have been trying not to buy clothes right now and Ink N Burn has a sale!!!! So cruel!!

Seloc

HCK - how in the WORLD do you run in that??  I do not think I could WALK in that soup.  Wowzers.  Hope HH is better than you think it will be!!

Ginny - nice workout in the warehouse!  When I did CrossFit it was the same.  But man that's weird you don't sweat.  Maybe something I can look forward to?  I hope!  Good luck tomorrow!  I feel an AG award coming 

Lizzie - haha that weather yesterday was pretty dreamy.  But, never fear, the soup is coming back!  But, hopefully (fingers crossed), it goes away Saturday morning.  Well, shoot, sorry you didn't win - I was SO hoping you would!  I saw some pics and was zooming in looking for you guys haha.  What did you think of the show?  So SO much drama.  I fell asleep when the crazy Chris dude went to her room.  SO GLAD she got rid of him.  And my gosh, the "debate" with your governor there just got a little uncomfortable.  The train station was SO PRETTY!!  Oh, I'm not really running long enough right now to justify heading over to Minneapolis.  Friend in TX starts chemo in a couple weeks.  Every 2 weeks for 6 months.  Thanks for asking!  And how the HECK do you run in that.  What is your limit?  i think I would split that with the dreadmill if I had one at home.  Whew!! Make sure you are hydrating lady!  And not just with coffee  

Karen - nice miles!  Yeah, might as well stay south since up north here it's the worst of BOTH worlds.  Tough winter and now tough summer.  Sigh.  Well of course everyone is coming to your party - it's the place to be!!  I wish I could go!!

Cathy - best thing about running early on weekends is no traffic!  Thinking should be same tomorrow.  Ha ha I totally would take your kids to the water park!  And Brewers win!  In a walk off WALK?!  Pretty par for the course for the Twins lately.  I think this is loss number 4 in a row?  Another matinee today.  Cracking up at the red neck party you went to!  Sounds similar to what could go on in these parts.  haha.  My nephew turns 20 on Monday.  How did that happen??  I remember the 4th my sister was big as a house!!  LOL

Sue - Bermuda shorts would be pretty funny for your dad.  Hey, why not, it's hot!

Damaris - saw that about the sinkhole - crazy!  Hope you can get to Pilates okay!

Hi Kat!  Hair sounds cute.  Hey, why the heck not.  Do you have any fun plans with your mom?

Elina - hope you are surviving month end!

Short little workout an RB put together.  Met at the track and did some skips, side shuffle, lunges, butt kicks, kettle bells swings.  Been debating riding my bike over to see the kit kat.  It's about 15mi one way.  But it's super dark and gloomy and the radar looks like it's raining over there.  Plus I'm not sure I would want to ride home into the wind.  Decisions decisions.  Tried to go to the water park yesterday.  Picked up my niece and got there 20min after they opened.  Parking lot was already almost full and the line was about 3 blocks long!  Nope.  Went to the beach instead.  (Karen/Liz - the one where we had the cheese curds).  Only lasted about 90min as it was pretty warm, then to check on kit kat and then for late pizza lunch.  Gosh, I sure could get used to this no working thing!!  Annnnnnnnnnnd now it's raining here.  Guess I'll go get another cup of coffee.  Happy sorta Friday for most!!  

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

41 minute fartlek this morning.  I think 4 more weeks of fartleks, Lizzie.    Not so random again, 4.1 miles in 41 minutes.  I am getting good at that.     Just under 60 degrees when I started, wow that felt nice!

Lizzie, wish I could help you!  Nice miles in the stickiness.  Sorry that you did not win.  Odds weren't great, but it doesn't hurt to try!  Yes, Nuun is an electrolyte replacement product.  You put it into your water.  There are different flavors so it also gives your water some taste.  Go Brew Crew!    Don't hate me, I have the next 2 days off!   

Damaris, wow, saw your sinkhole video.  What a mess!  Sorry about the Starbucks.  

Sue, enjoy the time off!

Kat, hope things go well with your mom.  Yeah, 70's does feel really good.  

Sandy, hope the rain clears up!  Though any day off from work is good.    It would be nice to sleep in a little tomorrow morning, though I am guessing I will wake up early anyway.  I guess the water park was not a unique idea for a hot summer day.    Are you cooling down this week?  I think we are supposed to be in the 70's at the end of the week.

Kupcakes, wow, nice job getting that run done in the heat!

Ginny, enjoy the mini vacay.  Good luck with the 10K!

Karen, nice 8!  Wow, enjoy the party tomorrow.    Funny, I hated the winters more when I wasn't running.  The weather has just been a bit too unpredictable this year, swinging back and forth between hot and cold.  Not much in between!

Cathy

ginnyb

I am still going back and forth whether to run the 10K tomorrow.  You all know how much I love the heat, but it is pretty oppressive and same for tomorrow.  If it were a 5K, pretty sure I would not have a problem, the race doesn't start until 8:30 and the route is a route I run frequently when training for a half...It's a straight out and back and I hate those, I'm not the only one who doesn't enjoy a straight. long route am I?  I feel I am talking myself out of it.

Aww  Lizzie sorry you didn't win.

it's okay Kat, I do what you are doing a lot.  We will still be here.  Have a good time with your mom and I hope she doesn't freak out too much over the tattoos!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

6 easy miles for me this morning. Hot and humid, no surprise. So those buckets of rain Susan is getting? I think that might be the same rain we're getting......tomorrow. You know, the day of my 5K and my pool party. Rain and thunderstorms predicted to start early morning and continue until about 4-5 pm. I think we're going to cancel the party and see if anyone wants to come over Saturday afternoon instead. As for the race, as long as they don't cancel, I plan to go and race. Rain would feel better for racing than normal hot and humid.

I just got email confirmation that if I pay the extra $$ for inside delivery that would include taking the treadmill to the second floor. So I am going to order it today. If I order it directly from Sole there is no sales tax, so that savings would pay for the inside delivery. Originally I was looking at Dick's because they had it for the same price plus free delivery, but 1) sales tax and 2) much higher "inside delivery" cost. So happy birthday to me (although it probably won't get here until after my birthday).

Liz, bummer you didn't win last night! I had my fingers crossed, but I guess the people picking the winner didn't take that into account. Exciting on making the wedding planner decision. Great job getting the run done in sucky conditions.

Damaris, yikes on the sinkhole! And yes, I did laugh when I read your Bay of Fundy race report and all the dinner places closing down at 6/7 pm.

Kathryn, good to see you, mojo or no. Have fun with your mom. The new hair sounds cool.

Sandy, rain and windy kinda suck on the bike. Nice little workout this morning. Bummer on the waterpark yesterday. Happy birthday to your nephew on the best day for a birthday ever (Monday is my birthday too). My niece turned 20 about a month ago, I totally get the strangeness of those little people suddenly being adults.

Cathy, 41 minutes is much better to me than 39 minutes. I always like to go just a little bit over on mileage. All those .05 and .1s add up!

Ginny, good luck if you do the 10K. I can see how you could talk yourself out of it though - same way I talked myself out of the 8K last Saturday here. Random question for you: I know of someone in Sandusky for a week for work looking for a place/route for 10 miles. Any recommendations?

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

KATS, keep posting to us. We don't "card" people here. 

Monday it was getting hot but already humid. I got in 45 minutes out the trail. Even though I had 7 ice cubes around my neck, it was awful to breathe and really hard to cool off after the run. Ospreys were active in the nest, geese were in a community by the water, chipmunks darting all over.

Today I must get out earlier. The book I’ve been awaiting has arrived so I will make a library trip after the run. The humidity is getting to me. Did I already mention that? HA!

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Susan, nice 3.  Stay dry!  Yay for admin leave!  As to INB, resistance if futile!

Kathryn, hope you spend a nice time with your mom.

Sandy, nice workouts.  Good luck with the bike or no bike ride decision.

Cathy, nice job on the fartleks.

Ginny, good luck with the race if you decide upon it.

Karen, ooh, what TM did you get!  Spill the beans!!!!

Judy, humidity you say?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Kilmisters

Elina - hope you are surviving month end!

Thanks, I am surviving... Barely. The evening runs are helping to stay sane, even if as a result sleep-work-soccer-run-soccer-sleep is all there is during the day.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Karen, ooh, what TM did you get!  Spill the beans!!!!

Sole F80

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Damaris

Fundraising Page