Womens Running

More Coffee Monday Supermoms (Read 17 times)

runnergirl9508

That was a fast weekend!

RR: bootcamp starts back up this morning, so I'll have an hr of that, plus 3-4 miles before my first PT client. It's cold and rainy out, but at least it's not icy!

TR: sick boy all weekend. His fever hung out right around 104 all day yesterday, even with cycling Tylenol and Ibuprofen every 4-5hrs. If he's still got a fever this morning I'm calling the Dr to see if I can get him an apt today. He napped for 3.5hrs yesterday afternoon, then just laid on the couch until dinner, then again until bedtime. It breaks my heart to see him like this.

NRR: took the tree and xmas decorations down this weekend. Now we can finally finish the living room- paint, ceiling fan and wall lights up!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - I may be taking my life into my hands by assuming there will be a TM available at the gym.  5 miles/commercial fartleks.

TR - built snowmen and threw snowballs outside with DH.

FR - mapo tofu, bean shoots, brown rice

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

RR - 13k with 10 strides. It is a snowy mess out there, so definitely in screw shoes.

TR - Played in the snow for more than two hours yesterday morning. She was loving it. I kept throwing her to the top of snowbanks and then she would shout "Slide!" and slide down them. Then she wanted me to slide with her a couple of times. It was pretty fun!

FR - We ended up going out for dinner last night, so today will be the penne with mushrooms and ricotta. And broccoli on the side. I have so many carrots from our CSA that I don't know what to do with them all. I think I will find a recipe and try pickling a bunch of them.

NRR - Community centre is open again today after being closed for Christmas holidays for two weeks. I'm going to take S over there for drop in play after my run.

~~~~

rg - Oh no, I'm sorry R is still sick! It sounded like he was getting better yesterday

zorbs - Good luck getting a treadmill! Do they put a 30 minute time limit on them at this time of year?

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - still not completely decided, but I'll probably run today and take tomorrow off running, which means 4 miles w/ 12 30 sec sprints, plus I'll do ST'ing.  It's a lot to cram into my lunch break but it is the only way to avoid back to back ST'ing and quality run workouts this week.  As long as there's nothing pressing at work I'll just extend my lunch a bit.

TR - watched Shrek last night, it was nice to watch something that I found entertaining!

BR - has a fat lip... she face planted while I was out running on Saturday.  She was a bit of a grouchy mess yesterday, napped twice.  She's also taking more steps, I wanted to catch it on video yesterday but she only wanted to be in my lap.

FR - slow cooker turkey meatloaf.

------

RG - Poor R!!  I hope he's feeling better today.  It sounds a lot like what O had a few months ago, she suddenly felt better when I decided to take her in to the dr.

zorbs - hopefully I can get a treadmill at lunch!  There's only 2 in our little gym, which usually isn't an issue but it is the first week back to work in January...

ernie - DH and I played like kids w/ M on new years day, it was a lot of fun!  I love pickled carrots!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

beckykay

More coffee is right!  I am so tired.  Even C wanted to stay in his pjs this morning.  Very rough start to today.

RR:  TM since I slept through my alarm this morning.

TR:  Back to school, hoooooooray!

NRR:  Grrrr, work is pissing me off.

FR:  Rueben sandwiches.

RG:  Poor R, hope he feels better soon!

Zorbs: LOL at the gym.  too cute on the snowman and snowballs.

Ernie:  I hate snow for driving reasons but I miss playing in it, sounds like you had fun!

CA:  We watched hotel Transylvania, something I didn't mind watching at all rather than batman lego or tom&jerry.

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 3.25 miles with EMRP. She lives only 3/4 of a mile from me now! We explored some trails by my house, forgot our headlamps and it got dark on us really quickly. We also met some rottweilers- they were mostly interested in my dog. As big and intimidating as they are, rotties are actually pretty sweet dogs so I was stern but nice to them and they let us go. If they were pitbulls I would have gone apeshit on them.

TR: STTN two nights in a row since I sewed him a sleepsack. YESSS!  Day 9 no accidents. Well, he has a habit of managing to pee between the bowl and the seat but I don't count those since he's on the potty. He just doesn't get a skittle if he makes a mess.

FR: Roasted turkey breast and veggies tonight. I am a freezer hoarder and need to eat up a bunch of stuff before I buy any  new meat, so I think that's going to be my new year's resolution. No new meat or frozen veggies until I use up what I've got. Then I'll make a trip to Costco and bust out my vacuum sealer to restock it.

NRR: Had a good weekend, got some more boxes unpacked. Waiting on the living room seating and some final touchup stuff with the contractors before I do any decorating. My contractors have the flu so they won't be coming in for a few days.

NRR2- Daycare notified me today she will be closed Jan 23-29 .  Her kids bought her a trip to visit her son in San Diego- she isn't normally closed this much. DH is working nights the 23/24 and days the 27-29 so I have to find backup childcare for all of those days.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

rg- I didn't realize you were remodeling/redecorating. I put up our fridge magnets this weekend and its silly how much more home-y it made the house feel. Hope R is better soon!

zorbs- I'm scarred from building a snowman and rolling the ball through a dog turd at DH's parents house when I was in college.

ernie- LOL DH always teases me about putting carrots into everything. Pickled carrots would be good. You could always blanch and freeze or make a bunch of vegetable stock too. I have not used my screw shoes a single time this year yet. We had a skiff of snow in early Nov and none since, so weird!

CA- I need to look into those freezer to crockpot meals. Granted I'm not big on the texture of stuff from the crockpot so I usually only do beans or shredded meats in there.

Becky- Nummm I love rubens!  My mom got me a kraut cutter for Christmas so I can make my own sauerkraut this year.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

becky - yeah I'm tempted to get another coffee, which I rarely do.  Work always pisses me off lately.

spike - yay for RP living closer!  I agree, most rotties are very nice dogs.  That sucks about daycare, I'm so lucky to have family close, other wise I'd be screwed if my daycare closed.  I don't like the weird texture of a lot of slow cooker things either, so I've gone to just doing either ground meat, beef stew/roast or pork - and ground or fatty pork stew, no lean meats or chicken.  I'm not a big shredded meat person, and we don't eat much tex mex type food so that limits what I'll make.  I also don't mind doing a bit of prep and pre searing meat, as it helps a lot with the flavors.

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- I made stew the other day on the stovetop and it turned out so flipping good. I swear my cooking is so much better on this new stove! Reid had it for lunch yesterday and kept going "Yum! Yum! Soup! Mmmmm!" and asked for seconds. I've had a lot of dog run-ins since I've become a runner so I can tell if a dog is an asshole or just asserting over their territory, and these dogs were just doing the latter. We are out in the country and I doubt they are used to much foot traffic past their house that is a mile off the road. RP and I have a network of coyote trails and powerline roads we can run on that go for miles and miles. Luckily, her DH was nice and watched R along with their 3 kids. R only came home with one annoying toy that they gave him lol

runnergirl9508

Bootcamp went well this morning, though one of the girls quit halfway through...and it wasn't even that hard today. It was still a great workout. Ran 3.5 miles in a light rain afterwards.

zorbs- I wish R had been feeling better- it would have been a great weekend to play in the snow. looked like the gym wasn't too busy this morning for you. I always found it's worse after work at the start of the new year.

ernie- how are you liking your marathon program so far? which one are you using? ah, so much fun in the snow! hmm, I like carrots raw in salads or dipped in hummus, roasted with other root veggies like parsnips, or in soups. He seemed like he was on the mend until after nap time yesterday. He's MUCH better today though- temp of only 100 when i put him down for his nap!

CA- hope you have a great lunchtime workout today! is this the start of your training for Calgary? we watched shrek last night, too. it was a nice break from "cars"- he's watched it every day for the past 6-7 days in a row. ugh. aw, poor O on her lip! yeah, today was the cut-off day for me to call the dr and make an apt for R- his fever was only 102 this morning when he woke, and down to 100 at nap time. no dr for him!

becky- ugh on getting up today! sorry about work pissing you off- hope the rest of the day is better. yay for C back to school- getting back to that routine is good. R's on the mend, i think.

spike- how awesome that your RP is closer now! my aunt had rotties and they were the sweetest dogs- her kids used to climb all over them and they never seemed to mind. YAY for STTN!!! Yay for getting more done in the house. ugh on daycare being closed. Yes, we are redoing the whole LR- DH had to tear down the ceiling to run wiring for the ceiling fan, and it was all plaster/lath so it all came down. He's run all new wiring, put up the ceiling, and added heat ducts to go up to our room and R's room. He just has to sand this weekend, then it will be ready for primer/paint. I can't wait to hang the pictures back on the walls!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - RP and I are using the new McMillan book to train for Calgary, his marathon plans are just 12 weeks, so we're doing 2 4 week modules first - the first is a speed module, and the second hills.  We are gradually increasing our mileage and LR's over these 8 weeks though, so we can start LR's at 15 miles when we start the 12 week plan.  Glad R's fever is dropping!!  Must have been the threat of a dr's visit!

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - I'm thinking the resolutionists are too chicken to start working out AT THE GYM in poor weather and by the end of this week/next week, it'll be crazy.

ernie - my DH just plows through raw carrots, no dip or anything, so I have no suggestions. We barely got any snow, about 2" of freezing rain and a dusting of snow on top. The sign at the gym is actually a *20* minute limit if people are waiting, but there are so many TMs that I've never seen anyone waiting for one.

CA - it's amazing how much exercise you can fit in when strapped for time.  I have fit in full body ST when a client left 10 minutes early.

becky - I just want to hide at home this afternoon, but unfortunately B has music class.

spike - I have scallops in my freezer that are nearing antique status.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

The roads are so terrible here! Even though the plow went by an hour before I headed out to run, the roads were completely snow covered again. Finished my run but it was majorly slow going..avg pace was over 6:00/km, despite wearing shoe screws and doing 10 x 100m strides in there!

~~~~~

CA - Aw, poor O and her fat lip! S was really grouchy around the time she started taking steps but wasn't proficient at walking yet - I think she was frustrated.  I've actually never had pickled carrots, but I like pickled everything else, so I'm assuming they'd be yummy.

Becky - Yum, Reuben sandwiches! Yeah, snowy roads suck for both driving and running.

spike - Did the dogs run off someone's property onto the road? That would scare the crap out of me! Yay for day 9 with no accidents, that's amazing! Wow, no snow since November? I feel like it's snowed every single day since November here, lol.

rg - I'm doing Pfitz 18/55. The weekday runs are longer than I'm used to and will get a lot longer as the plan goes on, but so far so good. (I guess that's easy to say after one week, lol) So glad R is doing better now!

zorbs - Yuck on the freezing rain! I think we had some mixing overnight, because the snow was icy and weighed a ton when I shoveled this morning.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

Ernie- RP and I were running on a power line access road. These people (they actually live kind of off the back corner of my property) had 3 dogs that ran up to us from their property abutting the access road. They weren't being aggressive, just barking at us and letting us know we were in their space. They came up and sniffed Hallie and then let us walk away.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - yup sqeezed in a fb ST'ing workout after the run.  Did your dead bug thing against the wall, OMG!  Hopefully I can get out of bed tomorrow morning.

Ernie - it's insane how much snow we have also... roads are horrible, the ruts are so deep on some roads that cars can't drive without bottoming out.  My run on Saturday was much like that but I wasn't trying for any sort of speed - I think my pace was 6:45 or something crazy.  My mom always made pickled carrots growing up.  Hopefully she'll be less grouchy once she figures out how to get around.  I think she's randomly exhausted too - probably from all the developing, so then she's tired and grouchy too.