Womens Running

Working Hard Wednesday Supermoms (Read 19 times)

runnergirl9508

Morning Supermoms~

RR: stroller run with R after work this morning, probably 5ish miles. Started packing last night for Ragnar, it's really fun to pick out 3 race-day outfits!

TR: the dr was mildly concerned at his 2yr apt that R wasn't saying as many words as he "should" be (200). He asked us if we read to him, and yes I do every day, for at least 20-30 minutes and have been since he was about a month old. We also don't just plop him in front of the tv all day long (his next question)- we let him watch about 30 minutes in the morning of whatever show is on PBS when he wakes up. The dr said to give it a few more months, then if R's not talking more to see a speech therapist. I don't think R has a speech delay/difficulty. I think that he just doesn't say as many words because DH and I understand everything he's trying to tell us, so R doesn't have to try so hard to make himself understood. That being said, he did say "stop sign" on our walk last night.

NRR: packing and laundry, cleaning the house and making a few meals for DH to have while i'm away this weekend. R and I leave for my mom's house tomorrow!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - I usually make my 1st (and only ) client do her learn to run on Wednesday, so I'll run 5K with her, and then finish up outside after her session for 7 miles total.

TR - was still awake when I got home from work, and he pointed to "Dee Dee butt!" and then poked it, saying, "beep beep beep"

FR - chinese sausage fried rice.  MIL is coming for dinner so hopefully she'll eat it.

~~~~~~~~~~~

rg - I heard from a lot of people (and turned out to be true for us) that there is a word explosion around age 2.5.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

running eh

RR - did a nice easy 2miler to test out the knee - felt pretty good

RR#2 - my new shoes are bright pink and I don't like the colour.  I think I will try to find the blue model for the marathon - first world problems!

NRR - working today and tomorrow so I may not be back

Hi to everyone!!

RG - It seems pretty young to be worried about speech delay but I guess it is good to stay on top of these things - I wouldn't worry about it!  Do you have team colours for Ragnar or do you just wear what you want?

zorbs - love that you can get paid to run, you are just like the pros Smile  Have a good day!

CTimesTwo

Morning,

RR - 4 around the hood... parts of my body STILL hurt... i shouldn't be this sore 3 days after a half..

TR - trying really hard to eat with a spoon/fork... she doesn't want toddler utensils though, she wants the big ppl utensils.... so we let her use a regular fork last night and made sure she didn't poke herself in the eye.. and still not pooping at daycare... sigh..

NRR - almost lost it on the developer who made changes to our code right before our near disastrous demo... honestly, just because you get paid more than I do doesn't mean you are smarter...

rg - wow, at 2 they're supposed to speak 200 words?  C has a long way to go.. .at C's 18 month, the doc wasn't too worried about her lack of vocabulary.. she's a constant babbler and she's exposed to 2 languages full time... I'm sure R is storing words in his head and one day they'll all come tumbling out!

zorbs - mmm i like chinese sausage!

eh - i like different coloured shoes... all mine right now are blue and white, which is pretty boring... the pink ones I want are $50 more on the amazon site.. weird..

Erniegirl

RR - 6k tempo. When I ran on Monday, 10 seconds per km faster than my usual easy pace felt effortless. I think my body is loving running in the cool fall temps, so I'm looking forward to picking up the speed today.

TR - Yesterday we went to the dollar store, and she picked up a plastic orange chalice with a skull on it and refused to put it down. Then she was pretending to drink from it and saying "mmmm!" and making other customers laugh. So I bought it for her, and she insisted on drinking all her beverages out of it for the rest of the day.

FR - Beef and mushroom pie, roasted sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts.

NRR - S has sensory fun class this morning, so shenanigans will surely ensue. Farm visit later to pick up our CSA box. I just signed us up for the winter CSA as well as an egg share, which I'm super excited about because their eggs are apparently delicious and the egg share is usually waitlisted.

~~~~~~

rg - Picking out three race outfits does sound like fun! And probably very different outfits, too, since the temperature will be dramatically different between day and night. How would you even know if R had 200 words? I lost count once S got to 30 words! Anyway, if his speech is clear on the words he says and he comprehends and communicates, I doubt you have anything to worry about. And word explosions can happen at anytime. A couple weeks before S turned 18 months, I thought she was behind on her speech as she only had about 12 words and they are supposed to have 20 by 18 months. Within a three-week period, she went from about 12 words to around 40. So you'll probably get a crazy burst of words soon, where he's adding like 5 words a day.

zorbs - Sausage fried rice sounds delicious, MIL would be crazy not to eat it! Is your client up to running 5k without stopping, or is it run/walk?

eh - So glad your knee felt good on the 2m! Bright shoes seem really fun, but I think you have to really like the colour or else they will be staring you obnoxiously in the face all the time.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  Did 30 minutes on the elliptical last night simply because I wanted to get home.  Was planning on going tonight also, but DH told me this morning that he needs to work which means I have J.

TR:  Wanted to talk to me yesterday while I was at work so I called.  He was super cute and only needed prompts from DH once to respond to a question.  Then was a hot mess last night before bed.  These emotions of a 2.5  year old are just nuts.

NRR:  Not much going on that isn't PGR or work related.  Sub yesterday was much better than the first.  Bringing her in today for a series of questions that she has to answer.  She is shadowing me tomorrow to see all my classes.  Hopefully she isn't scared away like the last one.

PGR:  Dr. Appt today.  I have a tentative plan that I want to present to her, but we will see what she has to say.  More than anything I know she won't let me go past 41 weeks so baby would be here October 8 at the latest.  DH said some crazy things last night when we were looking at the calendar.  He is usually so good, but last night I could have punched him.

I hate that I haven't been doing personals, so I will sit down and do them when this group leaves in 20 minutes.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

armmama

sorry I didn't make it back for personals yesterday!

RR - 5 miles.  There were a lot more people than usual out this morning.

BR - was so cute on our run yesterday, every once in a while he would wave to people and yell hi!  And then he'd yell doggie!  Like he's never seen one before even though we passed a million dogs.

FR - italian sausage soup with tortellini

NRR - a builder is coming here this morning to price out a few things we want done with the house so we can see what we can afford now and what we should wait on.  I hope he's not here too long, I have a lot of crap to do like general cleaning up and laundry.

Bermy - happy belated birthday to D!

rg - have fun doing Ragnar this weekend!  Have you done it before?  I can't wait to hear about it!  That's interesting about R.  I'm sure L doesn't have 200 words either.  He chatters constantly but there aren't many actual words coming out.  He has a dr. appt in a couple weeks so I'll see what they think.  I'm not too worried about it because he is picking them up, just maybe not as quickly as he's supposed to be.

zorbs - that's great you can run as part of your job!

eh - glad your knee felt OK today!  I don't feel good about my shoes unless I like the color Smile

cx2 - at least the soreness means you pushed yourself hard!  I get kind of annoyed if I'm not sore after a race, wondering if I could have pushed myself harder and gone faster.

ernie - That's great that running is going so well.  Do you have any races on your schedule?  S is such a character!  Mmm, egg share would be something I would love.

mer - glad you might have a new sub!  Yay, you are so close!

beckykay

Morning!

RR:  Wonderful run this morning with RPs.  Sbux.  Who could ask for a better start to the day? Smile

TR:  I think the boy is sick.  He just cried and cried this morning.  Wanted me to hold him.  that NEVER happens.

FR:  Meh, salad and something.  Not sure what though.

NRR:  Dr. didn't really say much other than told my aunt to keep her spirits up and that 8 rounds of chemo starts after her daughter's wedding.

Bossman is walking in.  BBL!

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!!

RR - 14k tonight with RP, then ST afterwards.

TR - posted a pic of the drawing she drew on FB... she actually drew it independently, she always wants us to draw things, or to shape things out of playdough for her so it's a big thing for her to do it on her own.

BR - still teething, but made it through the night with just one dose of advil right at bed.

FR - need to come up with something...  we just had leftovers last night.

NRR - driving MIL to the airport this morning, she's going to be gone all of October Sad

NRR2 - someone on FB was talking about a place in the FB messages that doesn't notify you when there is a new message, and that they were missing messages, so I went and looked and found a message from my favorite RMT who had dropped off the face of the earth, turns out she msg'ed me over a year ago and is working 10 minutes from my house!  I'm going to book an appointment once I have the kids in daycare!  So excited! Smile

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - I'm sure that R's speech will explode like everyone says, but it also doesn't hurt to get it checked if he is still not saying as much at 2.. I think that things like that are easier to correct if you catch it nice and early. I'm sure though in a couple months you'll laugh that the dr was even concerned.

zorbs - I'd eat your chinese sausage fried rice! YUM. Is MIL picky?

r-eh - yay for the knee feeling good! I have so many colors of shoes, I just buy what's ever on sale.

cx2 - Way to go C on the fork! Grr on the developer, super annoying!

ernie - way to go speedy! Hope the temp goes well today. Mmm I love farm eggs, they are so much better than the grocery store ones.

mer - glad the new sub seemed better! Hope the appointment goes well and you and the dr can agree on a plan.

arm - way to go on the stroller run and the 5 today! Hope you can get everything done today!

becky - sounds like a glorious morning! Poor kid, M is the same, if she's snuggly you know she's sick!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Nope. Told DH he's doing daycare pickup today so I can go.

TR: More asthma. Spent my time after work that I thought I would be running tracking down nebulizers and prescriptions. This poor kid is going to give me gray hair. Daycare lady says he has more medication authorizations on file than any of the other kids Sad   Watched my friend's 2 yo and 3 yo last night for a while, and they played well together. There was some serious potty peer pressure happening and the 3 yo went 3x, R went twice, and the 2 yo went once and she's not even PT.

FR: randomness last night.

NRR: When kiddo has asthma, nobody gets any sleep. R ended up in our bed and had to have his inhaler 2-3x in the night and kept waking up screaming every time I had just gotten to sleep.  Sorry for my downer post, I've had a rough couple of weeks.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

runnergirl- My friend's 3 yo that I was watching last night didn't hardly speak until he turned 3 and what he says isn't very clear. However, my nephew had a similar speech pattern and so I actually did pretty well understanding him. He told me "I like your potty, its really nice". Are you on a team with friends or did you join up with a random team?

zorbs- I've tried the inside/outside runs before and they don't work for me because of the sweat factor.

eh- I don't like pink either, but I have 2 pairs that are pink right now because the price was right.

cx2- do your toddler utensils have fat handles?

Ernie- S cracks me up with her antics.

Mer- I hear you on DH saying crazy things... men are from Mars I guess.

armama- what kinds of projects are you looking to do?

Becky- I am so sorry about your Aunt's diagnosis. Sorry C is sick too Sad

CA- yeah there is a different inbox in FB, I found that once. Mine were all from spammers with jailbait looking profile pictures.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

QOTD/Random rambling/Vent- So DH approached me with a question last night. A few years ago DH loaned his chainsaw to a friend, and the chainsaw got stolen in a break in. The friend promised to replace it, but its been at least 2-3 years now and I'm sure he's forgotten about it. Friend works a low paying job, SAHM wife, 2 small kids and the >1 yo was in the hospital recently for respiratory distress. DH needs a new chainsaw, and wanted to know if he should hold his friend to at least helping to replace it? I told to just forget about it and get a new one and stop lending stuff like that to his friends. I guess, on the flip side though, this kind of crap happens to us a lot because we have well paying jobs and make significantly more money than the majority of our friends and it kinda sucks that we end up getting shafted because we feel weird holding our less fortunate friends accountable because its not a huge deal for us to spend $500 on a new chainsaw. Ugh, it seems like if DH goes fishing or hunting with his buddies, he is always the one to drive/pay for gas and his friends don't offer to chip in or buy lunch and its just getting annoying. I wish we had more friends in our same level of pay so that things would be less awkward. Where we live, its very blue collar and the majority of our friends lack anything beyond a HS education.

runnergirl9508

RR2: ran 5.25 miles with R this morning, stopped at the park and played for an hr + afterwards. nice cool crisp fall morning!

zorbs: I like the idea of running with your client, how has she been doing with her learn to run? lol on the sheep's butt. is your mom cooking tonight? i'm not too worried about R's vocabulary now- his comprehension is great and he definitely makes himself understood as far as needs/wants.

reh: glad that your knee felt ok today, hope it continues to improve this week! i'm so NOT a fan of anything pink. i'm glad that we have guys on our Ragnar team, because I know the team captain would have made us all wear pink for the race. barf. We're just wearing what we want for the race. We have a team shirt, but I probably won't wear it until after my last leg/for the finish line pictures.

Cx2- hope the run helped ease some of your soreness! so cute about C eating w/ utensils! R started showing interest in using them around that age too. he used to concentrate so hard to stab a piece of food with his fork. ugh, sorry about the work issues! that's how I feel about R- he's always chattering away, it's just not super clear yet. I feel like he's going to wake up some morning and say, "Hi Mommy, what's for breakfast?"

Ernie- I absolutely LOVE the automatic drop in pace from the cooler weather. I feel so speedy and it makes me want to race every single weekend. Hahaha on S and her new cup. Awesome on the winter CSA and egg share! Our farmers market shuts down in the winter. I'm thinking that R is on the verge of a word explosion soon! I'm really not worried about it.

Mer- yay for the elliptical last night, i'm sure it felt good to move and sweat! that's so cute that J wanted to talk! R just stares at the phone and smiles right now. DH and I face-timed one night while he was working, and R ran around the room laughing. I'm glad that the new sub sounds promising, hope it works out! Good luck at the dr today, hope she's in favor of your plan!

arm- I love seeing more runners out, it's great to see others enjoying our sport! lol on L on your run. R waves to people we pass too. I hope the builder is there and gone quickly for you! R sounds just like L- chatters constantly, but the words aren't discernible just yet. I feel like you do- he is learning the words, and maybe he's just waiting to say them until he can say them perfectly.

becky- yay for a great run and sbux start to the day! aww, I hope C is feeling ok! mmm, I love salad- have it every day for lunch! wow, 8 rounds of chemo! prayers to your aunt and her whole family.

CA- have a great workout tonight! M did a fantastic job on her drawing, future architect? glad that O sttn for you. YAY for your RMT being so close!!! enjoy the massage. aww, bummer on MIL being gone for a whole month! R does say a bunch of words, and a few two-word phrases (all done, I did). i'm not really worried yet- I figure R has just put all of his development into the physical areas first. the dr was blown away that R walks alongside us every night for 3/4-1mile when we walk with the dog. he said, "that's a long way for those little legs. must have his mama's endurance!"

spike- have a great run after work today! aww, poor R on all of the asthma issues. hugs mama, you're doing a great job with R, and I'm sure it's tough not getting much sleep! lol on the PT peer pressure, that's funny! our team is a few coworkers and gym members. i'm happy with the other 5 people in my van. ugh on the chainsaw- i'd probably just go buy a new one, since it sounds like your friend's financial situation isn't going to allow them to replace your DH's. I'm sorry that happened. My dad got burned on letting people borrow his tools, and there was almost a partial family split when he let his BIL borrow something and still didn't have it back over a year later then found out that BIL had broken in and never bothered to come clean about it to my dad.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

beckykay

Woohoo, bossman is off to court.  The judge canceled morning court so I was stuck with him all morning.

RG:  Wow, 200 is a lot for a 2 year old!  I'm pretty sure C was no where near 200 at 2.

Zorbs:  Wait MIL is coming while G is out of town????

Eh:  LOL mine are bright pink on purpose Wink

Cx2:  C only wants a knife.  Silly boy.

Ernie:  S is hilarious, I want to meet her!

Mer:  Hahahaha, my DH always says crazy things that makes me want to punch him.

Arm:  Your FR sounds yum!  I also have a crap ton of laundry to do.

CA:  Woooooohooooo!  So glad you found that message.

Spike:  Did they ever catch the person that stole it?  That was my life in college since I was one of the few that worked.  My friends would always mooch off of me.  Now not so much anymore.