Womens Running

Wishing Weekend (over 40) (Read 16 times)

Bikerchick1

Wishing everyone great races/runs this weekend!

Susan - Can't wait to hear about your first Full!!!  You will do great.  I will vote on your attire on FB....

Ginny - I am so happy for your good runs these days!

Lisa - Told the RB's last night you would be interested in coming to Pinckeny to lead us Smile  Only thing is we are running these runs s-l-o-w....with walk breaks.  Not sure how fast you and your crew run them.

Had a miserable 12 miler last night...not sure what was up.  We ran it late in the afternoon, not sure if I was dehydrated, but drank 3 full bottles of water and had horrible calf cramps...UGH.  They feel fine today.

Am off to Ohio later today for Women's Only Tri!  Am excited as this is one of my favorite events to do.  It is just a sprint distance so will be fun!

Can't remember who all is racing....so good luck to all!!!

Carol

And since I'm into crazy videos (is this normal for a taper????)  Here's a running one....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI2OBReZXJ4

Good luck Carol on the tri today!  Have fun!  Sorry about the hard run.  Its hot, its easy to be dehydrated in the afternoon; that's why at Philmont we would get up at 4:30-5 am to try to get off the trail by 2 or 3 pm.  Like Karen said... energy sapping orb up in the sky.

ginnyb

Good luck on the tri today Carol!  And good luck to all the runners this weekend too!

Working this morning...yuck!  DD and family over later for food!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

9.4 for me. Got up pretty early since dh got called to a fire. At the pool with the pups now.

Good luck Susan.

Carol  nothing taste better than lots of water after a run. I couldn't wait to get my 72 oz water when I got back today.  Good luck in the tri

Ginny boo to work.

Marjorie

camille2

Just a quick check in to send everyone good luck on their races!

Carol, I'm so impressed you can tri! Have a good one.

Karen, good luck on the 6 hour. I think it's fine to have secret goals as long as you don't gloat publicly and I know you don't do that.

Susan, good luck on the marathon.  My vote is to wear the coolest outfit you have if it's going to be 60's and sunny.  Wear a  visor. Also, if you have any support crew, have them keep ice available and have a bandana or something to put the ice in and stick it in your bra. (Heat wimp here.)

Demaris, good luck on SF!

Gatsby, I hope you have a great run in SF, too.

Crazy sue, I'll bet you're racing, too.  Good luck if you are.

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

Quick checkin. I got 9 miles in this morning - I drove down into town and ran on a paved path. I can't run on the roads near my MIL's - it's mountain roads with no shoulders and nowhere to go if a car comes toward you. The path is nice, though - it runs along the river and is mostly shaded and pretty.

Good luck to Susan, Karen, Carol, Damaris, and any other racers I've missed. Waves to everyone else.

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Good morning!  I did a little shake-out jog around the neighborhood and will be heading up to the SF marathon expo shortly.  Then I'll continue on to a vineyard party in Napa, which is hard to get excited about since it's a work related event.

Carol, hope your tri went great today!  Maybe in addition to extra water, you should consider taking extra electrolytes or S-caps when running in heat, to ward off cramps?

RunnersMom, yes, while tapering, it's quite normal to spend way more time than usual surfing around the internet for stuff to take your mind off your coming race.  Have a great run tomorrow!

GinnyB, hopefully work passed quickly and uneventfully and you are already enjoying time with your family.

Marjorie, nice miles!  Hope the pups had fun at the pool (without overdoing it this time).

Hi Camille.  I saw the other day you had some excitement on the roads with your winnebago.  Ugh, hope it can be fixed up without much trouble.

Cindy, nice miles today.  Much better to find a nice path than to deal with drivers on narrow roadways.

Enjoy the day everyone!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies!  Just landed in SF. Good luck to Carol, Susan, and Karen.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

I am beat. 33.7 miles according to my garmin, still waiting on my official total. That was good enough to win the 40-49 age group. It was once again a really fun race where I got to meet some cool people, and see lots of other cool people I already knew.

Carol, was your tri today? If so, I hope you did well and had fun. If it's tomorrow....well, same hope.

Susan and Damaris, good luck in your marathons tomorrow!

Hi to all.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

camille2

Karen, congrats!  I'm excited for you.

I did a low key 5k this a.m and it was tough, tougher than the 4 and 5 mile races last month. The course was flat and it was a nice and sunny day.  I finished in 31: 06 unofficially and since it was a charity race for Burma, I don't know if results will be online.   It's clear that I'm not ready for a half anytime soon. One good thing: I met some women in my age group  and was invited to their training group, which I may try.  I think I need to dig out my garmin, too, since I had no idea of pace. Time for a new plan with maybe less cross training and fewer walk breaks.  I've become too used to those walk breaks. : )

Hi all,

Well here's the latest update... wearing the Team Playmakers tank top that I wore for Bayshore, my first HM and black shorts (just like most races, actually). Have a hat, gaitor that I wore at Philmont which will function to hold ice, cold water, and whatever else.  A teammate from Playmakers is going to help pace me at the start and then run the last 15 miles with me.  Smile  Smile  Its going to the a hot one, but hey, I hiked in 90+ degree weather with a full pack.  I've been hydrated.  Had my pasta and chicken dinner.  Now just resting. (Actually probably did more than I should of today - no walks but we decided to organize the walkin closet down the basement.  Washed a tent (DH's from when he was a grad student ages ago).  It stunk but he wouldn't get rid of it. After two washes it doesn't stink any more Smile.  Washed his sleeping bag (yeah that was also equally old and stinky).  Its not bad.  My son wanted to hang the sleeping bags like his mentor does.  So we did that.  Moved cabinets, organized lots of crap.  Did several loads of regular laundry.  Time for bed!!!

Carol, waiting to hear about the tri!  Hope you had an awesome time.

Ginny, sorry about work.  Hope you had a great afternoon with family.

Marjorie, Nice job on the run.  Hope all were ok in the fire and hope you enjoyed the pool.

Camille, I'm a heat wimp also.  I'll make sure to keep hydrated - will be really important tomorrow and since I don't care about my time, if I have to stop to pee so be it. Sorry about the hard race.  Happens some times but I can relate to how easy it is to get used to walk breaks! 

Cindy, Glad you got a run in on a safe path.  I agree running on country roads with no shoulders is definitely dangerous.

Gatsby, Good luck to you  tomorrow.  Have an awesome race.  And hope you enjoyed the evening event, even if it was work related.

Damaris, Good luck to you  and DH tomorrow too!  (or is it Gatsby's DH that is running).  Well Good luck to all!!!

Karen, Great job today!  Congratulations on an AG win!  And you were worried!

Well I am soon heading to bed.  Alarm goes off at 4:30 am. 

If I missed anyone else running tomorrow, sorry.  Good luck to all!!!

Susan

Up bright and early!  Ready to rock and roll!  Smile

ginnyb

it is 71 degrees with 90% humidity here in Ohio this morning!  Going out for a long run shortly,  we will see how "long"  the humidity may get to me today!

Ginny

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

ginnyb

well I did get in my 11 miles and felt pretty darn good.  Mile 11 was my fastest pace, so I love that.   Hope we hear from all the racers later!

Ginny

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hope Susan has done well and D

Ginny way to go

So I traded my run today with tomorrows rest day. By the time I was ready to go run it was just way to hot.  Heat index's today are over 110.  So with the sun I'd just not have made it I don't think.

Last week I did 60 miles.  My longest running week since mid October.  Glad the hip and foot etc are all better now.  Now I can start to get my long run back and get up to where I was.  Don't know if I'll do 80 mile weeks any more but we will see.

Marjorie