Womens Running

Terrific Tuesday - Supermoms (Read 13 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 8 miles of hills with Sam.  Last week of hills.

TR - future engineer?  we didn't help him with those duplo supports.  I'm still in shock over the good eating at school yesterday.

FR - the return of the good ol' Tuesday chicken pie & salad.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

running eh

RR - I am determined to get some sort of exercise in today, probably a brisk walk during DD1's piano lesson tonight.

KR- keeping them home from school for one more day.  DS does have an assessment at school today, so I will have to bring him in for that.  All three of them are still coughing away and two of them had fevers last night.  Ready for this to be over.

NRR - told the kids I would take them skating today if they were feeling up to it.  There is an outdoor rink in our neighbourhood that we have never been to.  I am sure it won't be busy during school hours.

FR - ended up making chicken and rice last night, so tonight I will make the linguine.  I realized that I didn't have all the ingredients yesterday.

zorbs - I think you might be right about the engineer - that is impressive.  Hope the hills went well for you! Enjoy the chicken pie.

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  5 inside after work.  I am SO sick of the cold.  Another wind chill advisory tonight.

BR:  Made sweet potato for him last night.  I hope this baby food making adventure works out.  Launched out of his bumbo yesterday.  He is getting so big!

TR:  No accidents  yesterday!  No poop either.  Had a blast running around with his cousin last night.  However, his cousin, who has two older brothers, plays a lot differently than we allow in our house.

NRR:  I now have the cold that the boys have had.  Yea.  We have Parent Teacher Conferences on Thursday and I tried on my outfit last night.  I am going to sport my new stitch fix top! Smile

NRR#2:  For those of you who pray...my good friend is having her surgery today for her Ovarian Cancer.  They are doing a full hysterectomy and also taking part of her liver.  Just keep her in your thoughts.....

FR:  Pizza.  It was thin crust, and I could have eaten it all.  I was hungry at midnight when I was up with H.

zorbs - Hope you had a good workout this am.

eh! - I hope you are able to get your walk in.  Bummer about the kids all being sick.  Do they have colds or the flu?

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

beckykay

RR:  5 miles on tap, IT band sucks

TR:  Had a great time at his buddy's house.  Found out that the preschool told the buddy's mom he was NO WAY ready for preschool.  Made me feel better about them recommending C stay behind.  It was just an option for us to consider.

NRR:  K is in C'ville today and on Friday.  Need to make him a list for whole foods Wink

FR:  Fajitas.

beckykay

Zorbs:  Hopefully the good eating streak continues?

eh:  Hope you can get some exercising in, maybe skating while the kiddos do?

Mer: Praying for your friend.  C gets super rowdy when he's with his buddies that have older brothers.  I have to keep reminding him hands to himself.

Erniegirl

RR - I am supposed to do 23k. This is not happening because (a) I slept in and (b) I'm keeping my mileage a bit lower this week so my legs aren't completely dead for my half on Sunday. So I will probably do 10k + core.

RR #2 - I was just thinking that it had been awhile since I got new shoes. Then I put my shoes on yesterday and realized they are getting a hole in them. I have not been paying attention and they must have a ton of kms on them.

TR - Every time we are at the grocery store, she runs straight for this little fridge with Red Bull in it and tries to grab cans and put them in the cart. Because she obviously needs more energy. Was really hamming it up for her photo shoot for the first 15 minutes, then she got bored, kept trying to run away and got grumpy. So I figured we had enough good shots and wrapped things up. I'll post some pics on fb once I get them.

FR - Creamy tarragon chicken breasts, sweet potatoes and sugar snap peas.

NRR - Library program this morning and then emergency running shoe shopping this afternoon.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Didn't get home until after 7 so I didn't workout last night. Hoping to tonight, my plan is to either find someone to watch R, or to work out downstairs in the Women's Gym- its a room where they banish all the brokedick equipment but I can workout and watch R at the same time and I don't have to worry about him running off in the freeweights area.

TR: Bossy and contrary. Catches me off guard and I have to force myself not to laugh.

FR: Last night was omelets. I didn't have enough calories left to eat anything more than an eggwhite omelet.

NRR: It has been confirmed, stepsister's wedding is a shotgun wedding hehe.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- Maybe 4 will be a good age for B? Eating vegetables and pooping on the potty and all..

eh- I don't think I've been skating since middle school! My nephew had a rollerskating party this summer and I thought I was going to give myself a hernia trying not to fall.

Mer- I thought making babyfood was super easy- I'd basically just cook extra and then puree it with a stick blender. Sending good thoughts to your friend.

Becky- R gets really lonely on the weekends, I try to set up playdates as much as possible because its exhausting to burn off his energy.

ernie- R was soooo grumpy for his 2 year old photos, he looks so serious and stoic in all the pictures.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

beckykay

Spike:  I wear C out on the weekends with swimming/hiking/playground time.  DH doesn't have the same plan and I can never get the booger to bed when he is in charge.  Most of our playdates are during the week so I don't have to drag him to work with me Wink  It is so hard to scold them when they are hilarious.  I try not to laugh but I can't help it.

Ernie:  Ack on the shoe emergency.  FIL asked DH if I was opening a shoe store based on the number of running shoes that were in the laundry room.  Smile

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

eh - if you are in town and want to run, let me know.

mer - hurray for staying dry! if I make thin crust pizza, I look at the nutritional info on the back of the box and that keeps me from wanting to eat the whole thing.

becky - unfortunately B goes to preschool only M and F, so we can't get much of a good eating streak going.  BTW all polishes at Sally's (online and in store) are BOGO free.

ernie - the thought of 23K midweek makes me want to hurl.  I thought pfitz 18/55 peaked at 21K midweek? I am drinking the honeymaxx and it is not bad at all.  I hope you find shoes, whenever I need shoes RIGHT NOW, everyone's either out of my size, or I have to pay full price.

spike - I will cautiously say that I feel like we've cleared a big hurdle re pooping and there's hope for the eating.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

runnergirl9508

RR: 5.1 hilly miles in slush and sloppy snow this morning. Ugh, winter. But at least I got it done before the arctic wind picked up. Felt tired this morning.

TR: woke up at midnight asking for milk. Nope- not going to happen kiddo. Went right back to sleep though. Asks to go to the store almost daily so he can drive the race car shopping cart. haha.

NRR: ran a couple of errands today- not too much else going on.

PGR: 22 weeks/ 5 months today! This pregnancy is flying by.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

zorbs- yay for a successful start at preschool for B! what are you swapping the hills out for- tempo, speedwork?

reh- hope you get a good workout in today. aww, hope all the kiddos are healthy again soon- spring needs to hurry up and get here and take this winter sickness away! oh, have fun skating! we used to skate in our neighbor's backyard- they had a huge low spot that would flood and freeze. haha.

Mer-I hear ya on the cold temps- can't it just stay above freezing for the rest of winter?! I'd be happy with 35*! How's H liking the food? Yay for J having an accident-free day! Ugh on the cold, hope it passes soon. I hope that your friends surgery goes well today- I will be praying for her-keep us updated.

Becky- sorry about the IT band. Can you get in to a PT for some graston? glad that C had fun at his friend's house. Mmm, enjoy the yummies from WF!

Ernie- are you going for a PR this weekend in your 10K, or just a hard workout effort? Ugh on the holes in the shoes- hope you can get a new pair today. I try to note in my running log when I purchase new shoes so I can keep an approximate idea of how many miles I have on them. This winter I've been wearing my screw shoes so much, though. LOL on the Red Bull- that girl would be off the hook!

spike- is there a play area for the kids at the womens gym, or do they kind of just sit off to the side? Lol on the bossy kid. R was telling DH how to play and where to sit the other night-it was funny. Hehe on the wedding.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

RG- there is a playroom but its upstairs in the cardio area where all the stairclimbers/bikes/elliptical machines are, the treadmills are around  the corner and weights are across the gym. The women's gym is a small room downstairs off the ladies locker room and they do some women's only fitness classes in there.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - MP and mile repeats (ugh! on the latter)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

spike - I hate when they put all the shit equipment in the women's only area, which is why I feel if you really need a women's area, join a dedicated gym.  The women's area at my gym has machines that don't have the actual weight on them, just knobs labelled (level) 1-10 that you push to change the weight, as if women are a) too stupid to know how to put a pin in a damn hole and b) too intimidated to see the actual amount of weight they are lifting.

running eh

mer - MMM, I love pizza - I go between preferring the thin crust with healthier toppings to preferring the thick crust topped with greasy goodness.  Yay for Stitch Fix, so fun!  Sorry to hear about your friend, sounds like a tough battle, I hope her surgery goes well!  How old is she.