Womens Running

Here We Go Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. We are here to listen, commiserate, comfort, etc.  Smile

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Monday I had a nice 35 minute run on the track with my music. I edged up the speed a little. When I got home I did 40 minutes of cardio DVD.

Track run and hopefully some cardio DVD today.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Cindy-2.4 seconds.  That was probably time spent when you stopped to update Facebook or eat a donut. Sheesh girl, you really must stop be such a slouch when you race 5k's.  LOL Was there really any time during those 3.1 miles that you thought I could be going faster now and still maintain but I think I'll slow down instead? If so there's your 2.4 seconds but I'm guessing that you did the very best that you could at the moment. How did you feel at the end? I guess if you felt like you had a ton of gas in the tank then you could have done more. Good thing there is next time!

Sue-funny dogs! good times were had by all it sounds!

Karen-rest up and recover! nice riding this weekend!

Marjorie-I can empathize with your dog. still not to day one of no pain yet for me so no running or jumping with my buds either. :-)

Laura-some day I'd like to do Crim but thinking I'm going to be sticking to trails more and more ... assuming. Have a beer for me along the course though!

Damaris-what race is up next for you?

Tessa-prayers for safe travels and that you are able to do what you need to do from where you are at. you are in my, and all of our, thoughts sister. Children have to be your first priority. Getting her situated and safe IS something you can control and have an impact on. Sending calm mind prayers your way.

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Morning. Busy day traveling in Tampa to a bunch of centers. Got in very late since delays and we were diverted to Orlando because of storms. We couldn't land in Tampa   Circled forever. Fuel low so had to go to Orlando for fuel then back to Tampa. 4 hours late. So no run yet.

Marjorie

ginnyb

Boy, my CHalf on Sunday messed me up more than I thought it did.  My right calf is still really bad and now my upper back thigh too and both hips!  Sheesh, guess I am feeling my age after all.  I am gimping around like an old lady.  I have been rolling and using hot and cold.  Wanted to get out and run slower and easier , even for me, but thinking I better not yet, not sure I could anyway.  This better not start being the norm for me post race!  Must have put more effort in than I thought, I was only a few minutes faster than normal..

I just was rolling with the stik....I can feel the knot in my right calf, but if I roll too hard it hurts so that it makes me sick to my stomach, I still roll but not with too much pressure?  Should I go ahead and roll as hard as I can stand it, or can I harm myself more?

Tessa....safe travels and get your daughter all situated.  Thoughts are with you.

Karen....I am going to look into those compression sleeves.  I have been reading about them and people that use them swear it helps.  Certainly can't hurt.  Can you wear them under when you wear long running gear?

Marjorie....our Scarlett is under the weather....vomited a couple of times last night, she sleeps in a crate, so that was a mess and I feel so bad she had to stay in there after she was sick.  She seems fine this morning.  Had to wash all the bedding, clean out the crate at 5:00 this morning, not a fun chore first thing.  Hope Hammy is okay.

Cindy.....well darn!  2.4 seconds????  I'm sure you did your best, but that is a bummer.

Work is still awful.  I sat in the parking lot yesterday morning and almost couldn't make myself go in.  Same problem today since I don't go in until 11:30....I won't call off, but I really want to.   I just hate working alone in the evenings like I mentioned before, just do not feel safe.  The director knows about our concerns, but apparently our concerns do not matter.  Oh well.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Knit queen

Knit Queen

Hi ladies,

So sorry Ginny that you are still trying to mend after your half-marathon.  BTW, congrats on the personal best.  That was great running.

This morning I went on the same bike ride I did Sunday with my husband.  Did it again with my husband.  This time I did not stop on the hill and overall the climb up went better.  Did a slightly different route on the way back so total miles this time was 24.24.  The total climbing was either 1300ft (my husbands computer) or 1080ft (my computer).  Felt good that I am accomplishing more.

Lisa

lisa

Anonymous Guest

Hey all,

6 miles this morning, 4 more this afternoon. Doubles seem a little silly when you don't have a job or school or something in between, but that's what the training plan called for, so that's what I did. They were all run at recovery pace, so I guess it's a double because 10 would be a pretty long recovery run. This will be my first 70 mile week....I'm a little excited about that. Yes, I'm odd.

Ginny, yes, you can. I don't usually wear them when I run, but I know people that swear by them. I figure even if it's all in my head, they feel like they help, so why not?

Cindy, I feel your pain. Next time you race and you want to ease up, just remember the 2.4 second race. I don't know about you, but that would probably make me run harder!

Lisa/KQ, nice ride. That is a lot of climbing!

Hi to all,

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Night, ladies!  Busy today with court and court all week, ugh.  I love going to court but it's a lot of travel.  I did 8 with 4 X 800m not at my best pace but I skirted through another asthma attack so I went borderline at a perfect no asthma pace.  So, I guess they went OK.

Ginny, hope you feel back to your normal self soon.

No update from Tessa?  Hope everything is OK.

Hope everybody is doing well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page