Womens Running

FriNALLY Friday! (DAILIES) (Read 22 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

WOOT WOOT

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

6.2 easy miles for me this morning.

Good run! Each day I seem to be getting more and more back to normal. Usually takes me about 7-10 days to feel back to pre-race shape. I had 8 on the schedule today but I am sticking with my reverse taper. I am not going to chance what tends to work well for me!

SO GLAD ITS FRIDAY!!! I got a call late last night from my brother who said he is coming down today. He has beer to pick up  (Richmond is known for their local craft breweries) and a beer event to go to tonight. He asked to stay - of course we said yes! I wouldn't want him driving 3 hours back home after drinking. I had to rush around this morning and semi-clean Smile Tomorrow HCBF and I have some adulting to do...and Sunday I believe his parents may come over. Not sure yet..the weather is supposed to be nasty.

Hopefully get some decompressing time in this weekend from this awful week! I should say awful end of the week because the beginning was pretty awesome Smile

Sandy – I didn’t realize you were taking PTO today!! Lucky you! I hope you are having a great run this morning Smile 9am would be too late for me! Haha. Hopefully she doesn’t have an attitude this morning Smile How can you have an attitude on Friday?! You enjoyed cleaning your room?! WHAT? Haha..I would never clean mine and my dad would end up cleaning it. That cat post was FUNNY!!! I will have to start following them. What else are you up to this weekend?

Susan – When you find out how to get the alarm to stop beeping – let me know. Ours are the same way – and they will ALL beep if there is ONE that has a bad battery. Annoying.

Lisa – Really cool that you are doing tutoring! Good luck at the gym this morning!

Docket – Maybe you could slip in a run this morning and not tell your coach? Haha Smile How can you resist those temps in Florida!!!

Kathryn – WOOT WOOT for being done! Hope you had a safe trip home! Couldn’t you sign up for the 100 miler and just do what you can in the allotted time? That would be fun Smile I did not call the woman – she asked if she could call me sometime. I mentioned in my thank you to her that she could call me anytime and left my cell. Wondering if I will actually ever hear from her again. YES I did pump it up yesterday! Killed my upper body!

Run4kupcakes – It actually wasn’t a recruiter – she would have been my actual boss. BUT in this kinda work world things and opportunities come up all the time!

Have a great day everyone!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Pilates and weights for me.

Lizzie, sounds like a busy day and weekend!  Enjoy!  And LOL, tempted to go and run but I am a bit tired overall (mentally too), so I know it's best.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Thursday was a 45 minute TM run, then 2.25 hours at the library volunteering.

Today is community college classes, yoga, meditation and lots of American History.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

TGIF!!! Had a beautiful cool dog walk/run this morning. 5 miles total. The last mile a runner-guy joined me. He's nice to talk to--haven't seen him in a while. Retired guy who is now a minister for a small church.

Smoke detector--I was going to change all the smoke detector batteries, but ran out. Darn thing wouldn't stop beeping, so I put it outside in the tool shed. DF can deal w it when he comes back in three weeks. They are all over 10 years old and need to be replaced.

Yesterday cut the grass and raked 4 bags of leaves. Ran out of bags, so I was done.

DS2, Deuce, and Stark (his GF's lab pup) are coming home for spring break. His GF is going to Orlando w her girlfriends, so he is keeping the dog. I hope the weather is nice next week. He wants to work on his boat.

Better get busy!

Have a great day!

dhuffman63

Trails

Judy you should change your pic to the energizer bunny...you are so awesome!

Lizzie, how nice you get to see your brother...is this the one with Emerson?  How is the little guy?

Kat glad you are done.  We'll find a 100 yet...lol.  The FB group of ultra walkers suggested JJ after the 100k since the course will be familiar.  Then there's the 100 at BB and after the 50 we'll know that one too.  He also suggested Rocky Raccoon as a good first one.

Lisa, doing a 100 has been a dream of mine since I started thinking I could actually be an ultra person (loth to say runner).  Every since and every time I read Cory Reese's Nowhere Near First I want to do a 100 miler.  It may not happen but I'll keep dreaming and keep trying.

Sandy I hated cleaning my room, I'd shove stuff under the bed and in the closet and call it good.  Then I could go out and ride my horse.  Doing the dishes and other household chores were never my favorite either, I'd rather be outside.  It was funny, my brother hated doing the outside chores and I hated the inside ones...we'd have been better off switching.

I did 5 on the TM last night and felt really good...did it at 3.4 mph and thought about throwing some light running in but didn't want to mess anything up this close to the PS.  Jasper is feeling better, thank you all.  He's on antibiotics and other stuff to help the diarrhea.  Ate a small piece of ham but not his food.  I'll cook up some plain chicken for him tonight.

Damaris, stop with the InknBurn...lol.  That new kit looks fantastic but I just can't afford another one.  Wish they didn't sell out in my size so quickly.

I'll just wave and say hi...need more coffee.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Friday!  Coworkers are taking me to an Italian restaurant for my birthday today.  We don't need to walk my friend's dogs for 2 weeks while she is on vacation.  I think that's a sign that I should really take it easy for 2 weeks.  Even though I'm not running I'm still walking over 20 miles a week (according to my Fitbit).  Our last 5K race is March 25, so the timing works.  That's the plan, anyway.    Last night DD took some Girl Scout cookies to an elderly couple near us.  They have been in really bad health, the ambulance is there all the time and they told DD that they couldn't buy cookies from her this year.  We decided to give them the cookies that they normally buy from us.  They were so touched, and the woman started crying and hugging DD. 

Lizzie, yay on the good run!  And I am proud of you for taking it slow.    Have fun with your brother!   I'm guessing we won't hear anything about the dog for awhile.  I think my co-worker's daughter freaked out a little (too many hormones ) and when she calmed down they decided to try a few things before giving up.  I may offer them the option of us keeping their dog for them temporarily until they have more space and are settled.

Damaris, good for you for resisting the temptation.  

Sue, lol on the smoke detector.  Ours always seems to run out of batteries in the middle of the night.  Why is that?  

Diane, a 100 miler is a good dream and goal to work towards.  I think you'll do it someday. 

Kat, congrats on completing the training.

Tessa, I finished "Librarian of Auschwitz".  It's a good book, uplifting though sad.  I also did not know about that aspect of Auschwitz.  Everything about the concentration camps seems so horrific and incomprehensible.  I started reading "Eleanor Oliphant" so it was quite a big turnaround.  

Lisa, hope the healing continues to go well and you can run soon!

Sandy, enjoy the day off!  Hope the mean girls didn't work you too hard.    No, DD is not like you.  She is more of a hoarder and she's a very messy person!  There are times that I can't even see the floor of her room.     But she actually did clean up a lot and even had things that we could donate.

Cathy

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, I hope you have fun with your Bro.  Good luck with the woman and obviously I hope she calls you.

Damaris, did you enjoy your day off from running?

Judy, for being retired, you are a busy bee.

Sue, nice miles this morning, I am sure the pups appreciated it.

Diane, I love your enthusiasm of trying to get me to join you!!!

Cathy, enjoy dinner tonight, I love Italian.

Got home at midnight, woke up several times and finally woke up around 7am, WAY too early.  I tried my hardest to go back to sleep to no avail.  Ugh.  Then I had to go to the grocery store for milk.  All looks good at the house and the pups seemed to do well.

Work this afternoon.

Definitely skipping the half tomorrow, 3 hour drive.  Stupid...  THOUGH, there is a local 10 miler (trail) I am contemplating.

That's all I have.  Exhausted.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

dhuffman63

Trails

LOL Kat, just wait til you meet me....I'm nothing if not relentless...in fact that's tattoo'd on my arm as in Relentless Forward Progress.

Arimathea

Tessa

Cathy, your DD sounds like my niece. Nobody had seen the floor of J's room for a long time. One of her friends came over and exclaimed "There's carpet under here!" and started tidying up and went to get the vacuum cleaner while Dear Niece stood there with her mouth open.

I think a lot of kids go through a hoarding phase. How sweet to take cookies to your neighbors. Are things very tight financially for them?

Kat, ouch on the cost of the conference. I deliberately do not stay at the conference hotel in Vegas if I can help it. Staying further away allows me to get some walking in and also reduces the cost quite a bit, I find.

At least you have most of your continuing ed hours in now! Though you were playing on your phone through some of the lectures.

Diane, I think you can do it. But it does take a while to work up to that distance.

Liz, very good not to burn any bridges. People talk and if this person knows someone else who is hiring then you may be referred. We just had someone quit and we are looking to hire a replacement, I mentioned a couple of names of people I've come into contact with who might possibly be interested if approached. Better than the only name my colleague could come up with -- I worked with that person in the past and don't have much respect for their professional abilities.

Susan, hope you can get the smoke detector to work. Nice that DS's GF has a lab also so Deuce has someone to play with!

Waving to others. I didn't get a run in this morning, hope to do so at lunch.

Tomorrow is the hiring fair for the Ren Faire in our area. I just might go and see if they need any barmaids...seven weekends, not so much for the money as for the fun. And free admission! Normally it coincides with Easter and there's no way I could do both Holy Week services and the Faire, but this year Easter is early enough that the Faire doesn't open until the week after.

Anonymous Guest

6 easy for me today. Now I"m waiting for the termite inspection guy and trying to motivate myself to clean the bathrooms I didn't clean yesterday. DH is at the office again! He went in every day this week. Said he's only working a half day though, so should be home this afternoon. Such an exciting life I live. Running with my group tomorrow - no idea on mileage as I said I'd run 4 with the girl coming back from injury then run out the other direction until I came across the guy running 12 (his route is out and back, so somewhere along the "back" part") and run back in with him. Probably around 10. Then Sunday DH is supposed to race, but his back is bugging him a little - he crashed on his group ride last Sunday. Still riding this week, but less because of that. I imagine he'll go just because one of his team mates is bringing his new helmet (to replace the one he landed on) from Dallas.

Liz, same here on getting back after racing. I try not to do any hard workouts for at least two weeks, except I signed up for a 10K next weekend. Have fun with your brother - is his wife and the baby coming too?

Sandy, hope you are enjoying your day off today.

Susan, saw on the fb that you signed up for the 5K/half combo at MS Gulf Coast. I wish that wasn't the same weekend as Brazos Bend - I'd go back and run that one again, especially since they sent me a 50% off code to make up for the short course last year. A week with DS and 4 dogs sounds crazy, but nice. Maybe you could get him to do some things on your to-do list while he's home...

Damaris, maybe I should start pulling up the Miami forecast for the next week when I do your schedule. Eh, it's practically summer for you again anyway, so never mind.

Judy, some day soon I'm going to be more active like you in my retirement. I looked into the community college here and they have a lifelong learning program for 50+, but I didn't see a lot I was interested in at the time. I should look again.

Diane, I'm glad Jasper is feeling better. And glad your workouts seem to be going well. Two more weeks to PS!

Cathy, very sweet of DD to take cookies to the elderly neighbors. She's a good one. And maybe two weeks of really taking it easy will be the thing to get rid of the foot pain once and for all.

Kathryn, welcome home. Glad the animals did well in your absence. 3 hour drive for a half after travel and being gone all week? I'd skip that too.

Tessa, hope you get that lunch run in.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Hey Karen--I figured I might as well just sign up. I'll be wishing I did anyway. Might as well do it while prices are low and you get a training t-shirt for signing up before Monday. Like I need another t-shirt.  Wink

I really need to go return some shoes. My friend from the running store delivered the ones I ordered on the phone and they are men's! I wore them to walk the dogs around the block this morning and kept thinking they felt really big. Checked the size again.  Correct size. Then I looked on the box--men's!!  Ugh.  I just don't want to have to drive all the way over there.  I have SO much to do after work and really can't do it tomorrow--Group ride in the morning and DD's baby shower in the afternoon.....welll....If we ride at 0700, I could be at the shop at 1000 when they open and do it. Just don't want to make extra trips that way. I am such a baby. Work travel has really messed up my Susan time.  I'll go tomorrow after the ride. Thank you for helping me figure that out. Wink

Kilmisters

Friday!

First play-off game tomorrow. We do not have big chances, objectively speaking; and it will be the first time in many weeks on the wide-sized rink (so lots of running). Not sure if those two make me nervous or the other way round. Aside from Tuesday's game I haven't ran this week at all. Oops. Lots (I mean, LOTS) of stress and tough personal decisions at work.

Have a great weekend everone; dinner time!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

dhuffman63

Trails

Tessa I'm taking the slow train to the 100...IF well WHEN the 50 miler goes well and then the 100k at JJ goes well I'll really start figuring out where and when to book that 100.  I know people jump into 100's as their first but I'm a little more cautious as I get older.

Karen...I know 15 days.  I'm trying not to think about it as it just makes me anxious.  I'm freaking out about the 20 on Sat.  I have the farrier coming at 9 so will have to do it after.  I am planning on 4 blocks of 5 miles (hour and 15 min each) and at the end of each of the 4's I'll stop, pee and get some food to simulate aid stations.  My biggest concern for PS is the weather.  KS in spring is unpredictable at best.  I really don't want to be cold.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

This account keeps getting better and better. Found out today we are no longer “allowed” to work remotely. LOL. I guess we are 12. AHHHHHHHHH I need a vacation.

Docket – Enjoy your no running day!

Judy – I agree with everyone else – you are an energizer bunny!

Susan – Geez, you have a lot of energy, too! Yay for DS2 coming home! I am laughing out loud about your shoe debacle Smile hehe.

Diane – Yes, I only have one brother Smile  Emerson is doing great, thanks for asking! Nice job on the 5! Glad that Jasper is feeling a bit better. My neighbor cooks chicken for her dog EVERY DAY. I don’t know if I could be that hardcore. You are going to be just fine for the 20!! You have a good plan going in!

Cathy -Awe, how nice of your co-workers! Is Italian your favorite? Smile  Wow, last 5K is coming up. That went by fast. That was so sweet of you and your family to get that couple girl scout cookies!! Awe. Asking to take the dog temporarily is a smart idea. It would be a good test! I laughed out loud when you said DD was a hoarder. LOL. I was the SAME way when I was her age – I think most of us grow out of it when you start living on your own and relize that no one is going to pick-up after you Smile  Hope you had a good lunch! And cake! Haha. Are you doing anything fun this weekend?

Kathryn – I guess the pup sitter is working out! Do they stay at your house while you are gone, too? Sorry you didn’t get much sleep last night. Hmm a 10 mile local trail race….hmmmmmmm…..if the weather is good I would say go for it Smile

Tessa – OOO how cool about the Ren Faire! You should totally look into that! That would be fun. Is the pay good? Or is it tips?

Karen – Nice 6! Yay for some you time this week Smile  Oh no!! I hope DH is still able to ride this weekend. Funny you mentioned a 10K..there is a local one here in Richmond that is a BIG deal. It is put on by the same organization that does the Richmond Marathon. Part of the same course..I was considering…its in a few weeks. I would sign up but I am hesitant because 15,000 people show up for this 10K!! Its hard to move! Good luck getting to the bathrooms!

Kilmisters – Good luck on the game tomorrow!! Tough personal decisions? Oh boy. Use tomorrows game to get rid of some of that stress Smile

Have a good afternoon/evening everyone!