Womens Running

Exciting Thursday (dailies) (Read 18 times)

Kilmisters

After years and years of research and processes, our chain is opening its first-ever (in Baltic states) convenience store (up to now it's been only super/hypermarkets). Since I know what sort of assumptions went into all the forecasts, tracking data will be fun. /endofstatsfun

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Kilmisters

Lizzie, not being on particular training plan might be fun, but it requires some discipline to get out and get those miles in if there is no particular plan Smile Oh. Btw. CAPS!

Diane, lies, damn lies and statistics, yes. We often lie w data, but not on purpose. That's why statistics is a science of its own.

Sandy, laughing about your cat adventure... Our cat is tolerating miniK... But it wasn't the case few months ago.

14k yesterday. Back to work now. Crapload to do.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

6.1 for me this morning.

Much better run than yesterday. Starting to feel somewhat "normal". Usually takes me about 10 days..I had to take advantage of the weather this morning! Temps were around 62 with dewpoints in the 50's!! Felt so good out there! Supposed to stay this way until tomorrow..then humidity is back. I plan on doing another run tomorrow and then taking the weekend off - of running that is...will probably hit the gym in FL.

HCBF ended up getting into the dentist yesterday. They put a temporary crown in. He wasn't feeling too good. Glad this happened before the trip!

OH..my brother texted me last night and said that he and my SIL are coming down for a beer event mid June. So guess who will be babysitting baby E that evening? I am excited! He will be MUCH easier to watch than a 6 and 10 year old. LOL.

Docket – Congratulations on the marathon! You did great! Those conditions do not sound fun. Though I guess you are right – probably better than being sunny and hot. Really awesome that you finished faster than KY! I had to laugh at the photographer situation. I love those last couple photos! And AWESOME swag!! Love that medal! What race is next for you?! You are such a badass.

Diane – THE Y!! I didn’t even think of that. I am going to look into it. THANKS!!!

Run4kupcakes – Wow, nice run yesterday. It was yucky humid so that must have been tough! I like the workout you did..hmm may have to steal that one, too. So, what do you use to fuel during races???

Tessa – You are right about the dentist! He told me last time I was in that as I get older my teeth are going to get crooked. Who knew. I did have braces when I was a kid but that was for an overbite. My teeth have always been straight thankfully! Have a safe flight today!! That is an early wakeup time!

Kilmisters – You are so right about the discipline. I was having trouble this morning. CCCCCAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! OMG my family was going CRAZY last night!! We were in a group text saying things like “IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING” “IS THIS A DREAM”..haha! After 19 years..this is well earned! What a great Stanley Cup this will be!! Two underdog teams!! So excited. Nice miles yesterday! Good luck getting through the day today. Are you running home??

1 1/2 more days until vacation! Excited to get away!

Safe travels to those beginning their trip to Pinelands today!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Arimathea

Tessa

Elina, hope the convenience store opening goes well -- you are right, convenience stores are a completely different arena. Small packages, lots of ready-to-eat food, lots of coffee and fountain drinks, much messier because people are pulling their own drinks rather than having the café workers do it, and, frankly, more shoplifting. It's difficult to walk out of a hypermarket concealing a 30-pack of toilet paper but it's not nearly as hard to hide a couple of candy bars in one's trousers. (Not that I am in the habit of doing it. We won't mention the guy here who concealed several frozen chickens in a very baggy pair of pants and suffered frostbite in a most uncomfortable place as a result.)

At the airport getting ready to fly out to meet Lisa and the rest of the expedition. Karen, you asked why fly to Detroit and drive 13-15 hours? For one thing, it was far cheaper to fly to Detroit, and for another, I like road trips. This time we even get to drive through Canada!

Please note, however, that while a number of states on the northern border are allowed to issue enhanced driver's licenses that get you across the border without a passport, none of the states on the southern border get the same courtesy. I wonder why.

No run today. The alarm went off at 2 AM. I had no intention of setting it an hour earlier so I could run. Got to the airport early but that's better than late. They just announced that the flight is completely full and anyone thinking they can bring on more than their allowed carryon baggage or put their baby in a car seat in the seat next to them should think again.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Morning folks.

Elina, glad kitty is adjusting to your little one.  Nice miles (or km) yesterday.

Read through the posts yesterday, don't feel like flipping back and forth for personals today.  Stressed about some work stuff yesterday and wasn't in the mood to hop on here.  Hi there and howdy to everyone.

Got up at 5:30am today.  Eeek.  Nice though, I checked into my flight and found I was switched to a MIDDLE seat, uh, no.  But the exit row was surprisingly open, so I grabbed the window seat.  Started laundry, decided to wash all my bedding to come home to clean sheets/blanket.  If I can't come home to a clean house, at least a bed.

Dropping the beasts off at the kennel this morning, boo.  I will miss them.  Trip starts tonight, I drive to Austin after work, about 90 min.  Flight was cheaper and direct.  Though it now leaves at 6am, yawn.  Free parking and shuttle from the hotel to the airport, so that is nice.  But now I am waiting for Margaret for quite some time in Boston.  We have figured out how to try to meet, we hope...  Me, I will be at a bar, go figure.

That's all I have for now ladies.  Have a fab Thursday.  Pineland ladies, wahooo!

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Cross posted...

Lizzie, glad your run was better.  Sorry about HCBF's tooth.  I had that happen too, twice if I recall right.  Pain and painful.

Tessa, safe flight and have a fun drive.  Hopefully you guys can make a brief stop at the Falls if anyone hasn't been before.  Looking forward to seeing you.  Don't you love full planes.  I think mine is too, though it said there were seats available, they were already asking online for volunteers to go later.  Uh, no.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Anonymous Guest

So excited for the Pinelands ladies! Safe travels to all of you.

And the Caps!

But more for the Pinelands ladies, since I'm not really a hockey fan.

Patio furniture successfully on back porch. It's a lot bigger than the old stuff I gave away, so I'm not sure if I just have to get used to it, or if I have to move some stuff around. There's a pile of broken down boxes being held down by a broken pallet (that's how heavy it was, the pallet broke!) in the driveway that we will drag down for the trash company to pick up tomorrow. If the HOA happens to be out today and we get a citation, it will be gone before the citation makes it to our mailbox. This morning I let Riley out, went and made some coffee, came back to check on him and saw this:

So I guess he likes it okay. Looks like I'm going to have to shop vac that furniture when I vacuum the furniture inside the house now - fur everywhere.

Hi to all. Trying to decide whether or not to run. My stomach is a little bit messed up. Of course that did not stop me from coffee - not sure if that will help or make things worse.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Karen gave me an extra rest day, yay, so today is probably it since I'm off work tomorrow.  Pilates and weights for me tonight.

So, I left the office Tuesday afternoon, spent all day out of the office in Court yesterday, then WFH today and off tomorrow.  So far, I'm liking my new compressed schedule, ha.

Elina, congratulations!  Sounds like fun.  Nice run.

Liz, glad you are starting to feel normal.  I am still dealing with the achy knee and tibia but after they warm up they feel like before.  It shall pass.  My next one is super hilly and it's next month in Bay of Fundy, ME.  The race crosses into Canada and back.  My new FB cover photo is of part of the route.  It looks gorgeous.

Tessa, travel safe and have fun!

Kat, have some fun!!!

Damaris

We're back! Went to New Orleans for the Doobie Brothers/Steely Dan concert. Doobie Brothers were great! Steely Dan.....meh. Donald Fagin needs to stop touring. It's time, dude. He made me think of Mr. Smithers (from The Simpsons) singing. Ugh. DF enjoyed him, I was ready for him to finish as soon as he opened his mouth. Oh well.  Fun couple of days.  Now back to the real world.

5 miles this morning.

Huge pile of work on my desk.

Have a great day!

dhuffman63

Trails

Damn I lost my post.

Elina,  we have 2 convenience stores and while NACS is focused more on the US markets they do some international stuff too.  Good articles at www.convenience.org.

Also here's a good one:http://www.convenience.org/Media/Daily/Pages/ND0524182_Blurring-Lines-Between-Supermarkets-Restaurants_Foodservice.aspx?utm_content=NACS%20Daily%20052418:%20newsarticle2%20(Blurring%20Lines%20Between%20Supermarkets,%20Restaurants)&utm_source=NACS%20Daily&utm_campaign=NACS%20Daily%20052418&utm_medium=email&utm_term=595363

Sorry for the link it seems the only way to get it here.

Tessa, Kat, Margaret safe travels today/tomorrow.

Kat, sorry for the work drama, enjoy the weekend away from the worries.

Karen it's now Riley approved.

Sue glad you got a few days away and enjoyed them.

Chafing:  never had it but Sat I develop on both sides of my body chafing about 4 inches down from my armpit and exactly opposite on my upper underside of my arms.  Not sure if it was my bra that caused it, or since I've started sweating some more if the friction from rubbing against my bra but it seems weird since I've worn that bra on almost all of my races since it's easiest to get off.  Any thoughts?

Seloc

Tessa – laughing at Jupiter taking a big dump.  Safe travels today!!  OMG I cannot believe you are flying and THEN driving 15 hours!  Yikes!

HCK – nice run!  What’s next for you?

Damaris – awesome race report as always!  Love your outfit.  And congrats on your hearing!!  Hey, any word on that job in the PNW?  Pretty sweet coach you have with the extra rest day hee hee  Your new schedule does sound pretty awesome.

Karen – OMG I LOVED that book!  I have now downloaded another by the same author.  Hooray for new patio furniture!  Gotta say, though, getting it hauled out sounded EXHAUSTING.  And sweaty!!  Did you get to enjoy it last night?  Wow, gorgeous furniture!  And the cute pup that comes with it haha

Lizzie – working a water stop for a training run.  Many folks will be out around the Mpls lakes on their last 20 miler before Grandma’s.  Mostly I’m doing it to hang and chat and catch up with RB.  How bout them Caps!!  O M G jealous of your weather.  71 temp / 64 dewpoint here this morning.  I was sweating walking to work.  Glad HCBF got his tooth taken care of.  Awwwww hooray for Baby E watching!!

Elina – I love all your statistical  nerdiness haha.  I got to nerd out a bit at my conference last week.  Sorta fun.  Nice run yesterday!

Kat – good EARLY morning to you!  Glad you got an exit row.  Safe travels and have an awesome time!  I seriously cannot wait to hear all about it!!

Sue – sounds like a fun little getaway!  Nice morning miles.  Good luck with the pile o work.

Diane – Body Glide for chafing.

Another TURD for me but coach Karen says it should be guilt-free so I’m listening to her.  Was toooooo tired and it was steamy.  Also wasn’t up for joining the fast girls.  So looks like I will take a full week off running.  But, am already looking forward to getting out there on Sunday!  2018 weather is on CRACK.  Blizzard in April and now the next 5 days are supposed to have temps in the 90s with dewpoints in the mid to high 60s.  Whew!  I broke down and turned the A/C on this morning.

Popped over to a friend’s last night to toast her on her 50th.  Looking forward to doing NOTHING tonight!!

Seloc

Oh!  QOTD:  Does anyone take CBD oil?

dhuffman63

Trails

Sandy, not really sure where exactly the chafing is coming from...bra?  Arm fat?  Before the next LR I'll put it all over my arm and my sides just in case...maybe on the bra too.

QOTD: I've had a friend say it's been a godsend and she know a lady who's putting on a Q&A in Jun that I may go to.  I'm concerned about it and my autoimmune disease plus I have all sorts of weird reactions to meds and even food lately.  I'd love to see if it helps my back.

Lizzie I get to babysit GD Tuesday and I'm so excited.  DD and SIL are going to a concert.  We're mileage twins today as I have 6 on my schedule.  I'm so OCD that without a plan I may or may not actually do what I should.  I'm also pretty lazy.  A plan keeps me accountable but on the flip side it can cause anxiety as I feel as if I HAVE to do what it says.

I'm already stressing about Tues as I won't be able to get my 4 miles in since I'm babysitting BUT instead of Mon being a rest day I can just do it then BUT it's a rest day....circular logic.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Short intervals this morning, 5x3 minutes with 1 min recovery.  Slowly trying to get that feeling of running tempo again.    Still cool in the morning!  No geese family today but two sandhill cranes were on the path.  Yay for the Pineland ladies!!

Elina, ooh, a whole slew of new and different stats coming your way?    Watched DD play floor hockey this morning against the teacher's team.  They did not take it easy on the kids!    DD did score a goal.  During the last 10 minutes they use two pucks, it's quite chaotic!  

Lizzie, nice run and yay for the cool temps!  Glad HCBF got the tooth taken care of.  Hope he feels better today!  Haha, yes, babies are easier to watch.  Until they become mobile.    I guess as long as you don't mind changing diapers!  I may have to watch the Stanley Cup this year!  Yeah, we had the heat on about 3 days ago and last night the kids were asking for air conditioning.  I told them to open a window.  

Tessa, frozen chickens?    There are some nice trail races in Massachusetts.  Safe travels!

Kat, nice that you were able to get a window seat!  Safe travels for you also!

Karen, wow, that is some heavy duty patio furniture!  Nice!   I guess having 2 dogs is like having 2 kids, it's not that much harder than having one.  Haha.    Though watching my friend's two dogs interact makes me think that having two dogs is the way to go if you are not home a lot.   

Damaris, nice race recap!  I was wondering about that dude's face in the swag photo, then I realized he was modeling a buff.    Nice swag!  That is amazing that you had your best marathon of the year with the struggles!  Great job!  So... are you working some hill training into the mix for the next race? 

Welcome back, Sue!

Diane, I don't usually chafe, but after one marathon I did have chafing in the area that you describe.  It rained, so that may have been my issue.  I am guessing it was from the bra.

Sandy, weird, we still have really cool temps in the morning.  We were in the 80's yesterday and will be back up there today!  I wouldn't call it a TURD, I would say that you are recovering.    I have not taken CBD oil.  Pacer guy?  I am curious!

Kupcakes, the geese family were a bit off the trail.  I slowed down and kept my eye on them.  I've seen the videos of the crazy geese attacking people!    Often they are standing right on the trail and I give them wide berth.  Are you supposed to avoid eye contact?  

Cathy

dhuffman63

Trails

Cathy it could have been...that bra is my go to and it's at least 3 years old.  Funny thing is during the Flint Hills when it rained the entire 31 miles I had NO chafing or blisters.  Same bra.  It could be that at home on the TM I just wear shorts and a sports bra to work out;.  That poor bra is now history.  Been putting Neosporin on the spots to heal them up.

Nice to see you are getting back into the running!