WINE o'clock somewhere!

Post 'em!!!!!!

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Whoa Boy Howdy!!  Got a travel espresso maker and WOW, did I make a extra-large and STRONG cup-o-java.  It is AT LEAST a quad shot, if not more.  Gonna be buzzing on my drive.

Taking off in about 2 hours, need to hit the grocery store on the way for a few things.  Then a 4.5 hour drive to the race.  It's on a lake, should be pretty.  And pretty warm - 88/68, 70% humidity.  At least it is supposed to be cloudy.  We will check in, hit the packet pickup/race briefing and then Diane would like pizza.  Pizza, perfect - leftovers in my hydration vest.  I am hitting a BBQ joint on my drive up though.  Best smoked turkey I ever had.  Oh yeah, and there is a race Saturday...

Karen, damn humid here too.  DH cracked the window? Of the brand new van?  Ugh.

Lizzie, yay on getting done early enough to leave yesterday.  Always nicer to sleep in your own bed, especially with a cute boy (Ruger).  Oh yeah, and HCF...  

Carol, hope hubby's colonoscopy was OK.  YUCK.  Your race is next weekend?

Sue, hope DH gets going soon.  We are plagued with staff shortages too.  Not fun.

Cathy, you started prep, ran, and are on call after.  Brave woman.

Damaris, I hope you are enjoying your day off,

HCK, running on the strip is brave, though if I am remembering right, I ran around the south end too and it wasn't bad.

Tessa, I never got to comment, that was ALOT of peanut butter.

Margaret, welcome back!

Diane, see you shortly!!!

Wow, I think this coffee is too strong and not sure I can drink it all.  I guess less espresso and more water next time.  ZING!!!!

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

12.2 for me.

Strava told me that I worked extra hard this run. Uhm. 75 degrees with a "feels like" 80. I would say that I worked extra hard. According to my watch I had ".1" miles of "hard effort". Yeah, that was the sprint home I did to use the bathroom LOL. Close call. Anyway, in all honesty, the run wasn't that bad considering how humid it was. I was surprised. I am wondering if I am breathing a bit better since I haven't smoked in 104 days. Felt good to go a little longer but I was a sweaty mess!

It feels like it should be Saturday. What a LONG week! I am ready for this day to be over. I am hoping it gets quiet this afternoon so I can just lay on the couch and catch up on some shows Smile Also starting to plan my bachelorette  party - the one where I drink heavily. Anyone who wants to come of course can Smile Probably doing a beach weekend.

Okay. Off to it..got that darn call with my asset manager today.

Cathy - Hope everything went well today!

Run4kupcakes – Dang! Next time get a picture!! 😊

Tessa – Nice run! Putt-Putt tournament? Yes, smart to WFH!

Kathryn – I thought maybe you worked your quads! 😉 Have a great time with Diane this weekend!!!! Take lots of pictures! Do you put anything in your espresso? I always get the Americano’s from Starbucks but have to put cream and sugar in it.

Happy FFRRRRRRIIYYAAYYYYY!!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

FRIYAY!!!

No swim this morning. I slept. Getting up at 0430 is a challenge. I took Skye out 3 times during the night. IDK what was up with her.

Looking forward to early release and a three day weekend!!!

Sprint duathalon in the morning.  2 mile run + 10 mile ride + 2 mile run. It will be hot, and the second run is always tough, but I figure I just need to get out there.

DS2 & fiancee are coming over this afternoon to swim and bring the pups for the weekend. I think it will help Skye in the morning while I am gone if she has the boys with her.

Kat--You must be spinning from all the caffeine!

Lizzie--100+ days without a smoke? YAY YOU!!!!!

My boss made the analogy of updating our inspection procedures: "like pulling a thread, and you unravel the whole sweater." Now all I want to do is knit. 

Anonymous Guest

I am beat. But also quite caffeinated, so hyper and exhausted at the same time. I briefly considered going for a run before body pump, but it was hot and humid when I went out with the dogs, so I just drank coffee and goofed off. My friend had a plumbing emergency at her house and texted me that she wasn't going to make it, but I decided I would make myself go anyway. I'm so glad I did. It was hard, y'all. And my arms are jello. But I loved all the squats and lunges since they are so good for running, and while I didn't love the rest, I know I need it. When a 5-lb weight gets to be too heavy, you know it's hard! Then since I was dressed for working out and down by lots of good running routes, I went for a short run. Not even 4 miles, and I'm pretty sure you're "supposed" to do cardio before strength, but it was fine. Super hot out since it was 10:30, but I kept it slow and went somewhere that was mostly shaded. Then I realized I had enough points for a free drink at Starbucks so I got a giant frappuccino and probably drank back most of the calories I just burned. Don't care, it was awesome.

Need to go to the grocery store this afternoon. Right now I don't have the energy, but if I wait much longer I'm afraid I won't be able to lift my arms and we'll be stuck eating only foods on the middle and lower shelves of the store.

Cathy, hope everything went okay today. And that you're eating all the things.

HCK, I am now trying NOT to picture the dude you saw. Thanks? for the visual.

Kathryn, you are probably on the road right now. Have an awesome weekend.

Liz, the worst is when you have a really tough run and Strava says "this was easier than your usual effort." Sometimes Strava is stupid. I bet your runs will feel easier and go better this summer now that you've been smoke free for awhile.

Susan, sounds like a fun weekend plan. I recommend coming home from the race and going straight through the house and into the pool.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  Today is my Friday off so I treated myself to a pedicure for an hour.  Sigh, so nice.  I have Pilates and 4 miles tonight, likely in reverse since Pilates is at 6pm and too late for me to come back and run without flaking out on the run.

Kat, a quad shot would probably wake me up until the next century.

Liz, yeap. You probably tried to keep the same pace instead of adjusting for weather. 

Susan, was she having a conversation again with the other dogs across the street?

Karen, I actually prefer cardio AFTER strength because otherwise I end up quitting on the strength.  Most of the time I do cardio before which is why I have not done strength in forever.  Enjoy your jello arms!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Susan – Wow, good luck tomorrow!! Have a great weekend with DS2 and his fiancée! Have they nailed down a wedding date yet?

Karen – I am SO glad you loved your body pump class! WOOHOO!! I actually despise the leg portion – haha. Legs and back are the ones I hate the most. I find those the hardest. Probably because my legs are usually tired from running and working out your back is hard! So, you are going to go back, right?! You will be sore tomorrow. LOL at your grocery store problems. HAHA. I went around lunchtime today to avoid the crowds – but I forgot the most important item, Blue Bell.

Docket – Yay for a spa day! Enjoy the workout later. Yes, it takes me a few humid runs to adjust my pace 😊

Been busy over here! Ready to start my weekend. Hopefully soon! Smile Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Anonymous Guest

I may need a nap before dinner.

Karen – I am SO glad you loved your body pump class! WOOHOO!! I actually despise the leg portion – haha. Legs and back are the ones I hate the most. I find those the hardest. Probably because my legs are usually tired from running and working out your back is hard! So, you are going to go back, right?! You will be sore tomorrow.

I have been doing 50-100 squats a day for months, so I think that's why they were a little less awful than some of the other stuff. Thank you for your advice to start light btw. Who knew how heavy 5-10 freaking pounds can feel? Yes, going back Wednesday if I can - have to follow DH to the car place and then take him to work in the morning, then have my CT scan at 12:30 that day. Theoretically it should all work out. My friend goes M/W/F, but I think 1-2 times per week is good for me. I need this.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Happy FriYAY to everyone!  I woke up with a cold yesterday, BAH, but not too surprising after traveling.  Holding steady today, hopefully it will fade away soon.  Good thing I was going to make this an easy week for running, since not much is happening...

Kat, DHuff -- have a fun weekend with the Possums!  Sounds hot and humid, I'd wilt.

CrazySue, hope all goes well at your du tomorrow!

Lizzie, WTG on >100 days smoke free!  Ugh on the humidity and heat.  I suppose that means it's summer for you?

Karen, nice job at Body Pump!  I skipped kettlebells today because of my cold but I'm planing on going Sunday.  When I told my trainer about the improvement I've seen in my running, he asked for testimonial for his website, which I was happy to provide.  2x per week is enough for me.

Damaris, enjoy the Pilates, run, and extra long weekend.

Tessa, how annoying to have putt-putt golf going on if you're trying to work, but I bet they had a lot of fun.

I saw a couple mentions of colonoscopies, eek.  Hope everything went well for all concerned.  I need to schedule one.

Hoping to get out for a few miles with the RC tomorrow morning if I feel up for it.  Enjoy the weekend!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

My Pilates instructor canceled on me because she was dealing with a personal issue.  Hoping she is OK.  My 4 miler was probably the best run I've had this year.  Felt too easy and it was faster than I've run in forever.  Vitamin D takes a while to take effect but either way, I like it.

Margaret, feel better soon!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page