Womens Running

Getaway weekend (dailies) (Read 18 times)

Kilmisters

Woohoo! Already over the Latvia/Estonia border, police just entered the bus to check everyone's Covid sertificates and off we go. 2.5hrs till Tallinn, but putting movies/tv-shows on PC and not worrying about data usage (perks of European Union) makes the time fly.

Today's plans:

- check in (crap, I forgot to bring symbolic Latvian goodies to AirBnb host!)

- 12-15km run, depending on leg condition/wind

- food/drink shopping (planning to watch Flyers tonight at 1am)

- walk to Old Town for dinner/beer (something that seems unimaginable now in Latvia)

I have SO many places to go to on my list!!! Will require some planning to check all the boxes (: Also, made some 6-7km running routes on Strava for next week.

So, SO many people I know are out of country now. Poland, Spain, France, Cyprus, you name it. This is usually the time of the year when Latvians travel to catch sun/warm temps instead of rainy Baltic fall, but this lockdown thing makes it feel the entire country is fleeing, haha.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Kilmisters

Liz, thanks for checking in! I was thinking re: how you are doing! I can relate to a lot of what you describe, but you totally got this, girl! Good luck w your race Smile When was the last time you ran a HM?

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Have fun!

This is too early for me to be awake but I've no choice. Eek!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Go Damaris! Go Cathy! I think I’m set up to track you both!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Elina, safe travels and HAVE FUN!!!!!!

Damaris/Cathy, rock it out ladies!

Hi Karen!

Got my phone working mostly yesterday after 4 additional hours, but I lost all my texts - when I was specifically told I wouldn't.  Took a few pics of things I needed and updated my contacts so I suppose things are mostly OK.

Scheduled my COVID booster for the day after I get back on the 20th. Figured I will be tired anyways.

Work today through Wed.  Leave Thurs 1:45pm.  There was rain in the forecast, but it is slowly going away, PLEASE let it stay that way...

Buh Bye!

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Half Crazy K 2.0

Go Docket & Turtles!

LC Runs

Happy Saturday!

Lazy one for me so far.  I am going to run a few miles in a little bit, was waiting for it to warm up some.  Going to have a birthday lunch with the kids today so looking forward to that.

Liz - thanks for checking in!!  Good luck next Sat with the HM!

Elina- have fun!

Damaris and Cathy - have a great race!

Hi Kathi!

Karen and Kat - that's great on the Covid booster!  I can't sign up anywhere, I'm not eligible yet (still 64+ or underlying medical condition)  Very frustrating since anyone can get the 1st or 2nd dose - I feel like most people got that if they were planning on it so why hold on to the doses if there are people that want the 3rd?

Half Crazy K 2.0

LCRuns, that's frustrating that you can't get the booster yet--especially since you work with the elderly! Are healthcare workers elgible in MI for the boosterr yet?

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I've been offline all morning. THIS OLD LADY JUST FINISHED HER VIRTUAL MONUMENTAL MARATHON. it was a comedy/ tragedy to say the least.  I started at dark o clock (655am). I fell hard at mile 2.5, chewed up my hands and think I may have pulled a pec muscle. Nearly turned around right there to go back home but since my legs were ok I continued. Slowly as expected. Ran to Bertha and hubby had a banana and water. I'm surprised he offered to help since he thinks I was crazy to do this with so little training.  It was so helpful. He also refilled my water aging the waterfront. I made this route an out and back and along the way back saw a dying squirrel. He must have been hit by a car. Poor thing but better it than me.  I actually ran slowly to mile 18 (with exception of half mile walking after I fell and miler 14 to digest the banana). And then I started primarily walking the rest of way which I expected to do after mile 13 since I've not really ran much further than that during training and we all know my training was crap this year for various reasons. But my goal was between 6:30 and 7 hours and I think my Garmin registered 6:32:31. The weather here was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT. I hope Cathy and Damaris finished well. I assume they finished already.

Now to eat all the food.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Anonymous Guest

New day, new campsite. Rolled in yesterday and will be here until Monday. There is a 26 mile mtb loop around this lake, soDH wanted to do it. I suggested maybe an out and back. He said he could probably do it in 3 hours, but I pointed out all his rides have pavement to/from the trails so all trails would take longer. Not to mention mtb project gives the trail an epic rating. It’s been 3.5 hours and according to find my phone he took a wrong turn at one point (I know, how?) and still has probably 12 or more miles to go.

I have an easy 5 on the schedule and was planning on going once he got back but I’m bored so may just run around the campsite and leave the dogs in the van.

Lori, awesome job! Virtual marathons are hard.

Cathy, your consistent pace amazes me. I know that last bit had to be hard. Can’t wait to hear about it.

Damaris, I’m sorry your calf wrecked your marathon plans.

Laura, frustrating you can’t get a booster yet. They don’t seem to be really checking much down here - feels like if it’s been six months or more, you were eligible then so must be now.

Elina, glad you made your escape! I hope you have a wonderful week.

Kathryn, next trip is so soon! Exciting.

Only four more nights of sleeping in the van! When we moved out of the old house, DH didn’t want to sleep in an air mattress between when the movers came and we closed, he wanted to stay in the van. He now asks almost daily if we have an air mattress to sleep in the house until the movers show up the next week.

And today my dad turned 84. His lung problems were just starting when we threw him the surprise 80th party. I am so glad he’s still around and doing okay.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Congrats, Lori.

Hoping Cathy had a creat race. 

my calf crackled and pop at mile 5. I quit at mile 9. The medical tent wrapped my calf all good and now I took ibuprofen. Hoping it’s not torn.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

Nice job BerthaSlayer! You've definitely earned all the food.

my calf crackled and pop at mile 5. I quit at mile 9. The medical tent wrapped my calf all good and now I took ibuprofen. Hoping it’s not torn.

Oh no, I'm sorry D!   I hope it turns out okay.

Lori, WTG on the marathon!

Turtles, hope you had a good race.

Karen, oops on the hub's wrong turn.  What sort of tracking app do you use?  Guess you'd better get an air mattress...

Kilmisters, woohoo on getting away!

Kat, annoying about the phone problem.  But at least you can use it again.

LC, it seems you should be higher priority for a booster since you work with older folks.  No problem getting boosters for Pfizer and J&J here, but for some reason Moderna people can't get them.  Also mixing and matching is not available yet.  Seems sort of random how counties are handling it here.

Hi HCK!

Lizzie, nice to get an update from you!  I can't imagine how busy you are.  Hang in there!

I met up with a Trail Sisters group for 14 miles this morning at the Marin Headlands. I was working hard!  The run was tough, or my trail legs are a little out of shape, or both.  It was fun having people to chat with, like old times.  Here's a pic taken by the woman running behind me this morning.  Going to try to get to more TS weekend runs, at least when they're not too far away.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

LC Runs

Lori - way to go, Girl!!  Glad DH helped!

Karen - Happy BDay to your Dad!  Hope you got in a good run and DH made it back!  Yeah, I tried to just fill out the questionnaire to schedule one but it askes DOB and then, if under 65, questions about underlying health issues, etc, so once you answer 'no', it says your'e not currently eligiible.

Damaris - oh, no!  Hope your calf is feeling better now!

Margaret - that looks like a fun trail run!  For work, since I am able to work remotely and avoid a lot of face to face interaction, I'm not really considered a front line worker.  But, I am reading FB thread from someone local in which the question posed is "will you get the shot if you have to in order to keep your job, or lose your job?"  About 30 people have answered, "fire me" so why can't I have one of their doses?  I mean, if people aren't willing to get it by now, they're not getting it so open up the availability!

Kathi - here is what it says

COVID-19 Moderna Booster Shots:

The use of a single booster dose of Moderna COVID-19 vaccine may  be administered at least 6 months after completion of the primary series to individuals:

• 65 years of age and older
                                • 18 through 64 years of age at high risk of severe COVID-19
                                • 18 through 64 years of age with frequent institutional or occupational exposure to SARS-CoV-2
                              kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

I scheduled with no difficulty.  No specific questions through CVS that made me ineligible.  BUT, Moderna say after 6 mo with certain medical issues can schedule.  Both depression and overweight/obesity qualify.  Winner winner, chicken dinner.  I qualify on both.  Not a proud thing...

Work was work.  Sat out back for a bit by the pool after, it was lovely.  70 and perfect.

Work again tomorrow.  Tonight, cheesy Hallmark Christmas movies.  Yes, me the Bah Humbug of the group watches them...

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024