Womens Running

(Over 40) Weekend of opportunity (Read 17 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Nothing big to do this weekend. getting ready to run. Dh got called out to a fire investigation so he didn't get home until 530 this am. He and the pups are sleeping. No puppy pool today. They are closed  because they are at an event. Hammy went on Wed instead.

I need to do a test with the ladder to see what I can do with the windows in the two story room. I have the paint picked out but unsure if I can manipulate to get to them or if I need scaffolding. So, we shall see.

Marjorie

LC Runs

Good Morning!

Marjorie - I love the paint colors!

5.1 outside for me..got a couple of inches of snow overnight but the temps are nice (30) so the snow is kind of crunchy and my Trax worked great.  Main roads just wet.   Supposed to do a longer run tomorrow and of course the single digits are returning,

Happy weekend everyone.  And happy 2nd day of spring.  Hope it's spring-like where you are.  I'm off to run 8 with my RC then going to cheer on a friend who's doing his first marathon today.

Marjorie, nice job on the home improvements!  Glad you found an octopus for Hammie, but is it purple?

LC, sorry you still have to run in snow and single digits.  Umm, builds character?

CIndy, laughed at your post yesterday about your son being busted for using the computer.  Caught redhanded!

Damaris, have fun at the puerto Rico HM tomorrow.  Did I see that you will be in Santa Cruz and San Francisco? When?  I'm right in-between both places!

Off to run... be back later to catch up with everyone else!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Ran 8.5. Hanging with the pups. Dh still sleeping.

Gatsby, no it isn't purple. It is light blue.

I am really happy with the home improvements. Just hoping that I can get to those windows and not have to have someone bring in scaffolding.  Painting the inside is really hard around them. I know last time it was nearly impossible.  I have figured out some things with the ladder, but still unsure if it will work with them. Scaffolding sure would make it easier.  Good thing I'm not afraid of heights and I don't get vertigo on a ladder. Only time I ever had vertigo I was dehydrated and it sucked big time.

Cindy guess your your son figured you'd never know he had gotten on the computer!  Busted is right.

Laura you have to be sick of the snow.

Good luck to Damaris on the race tomorrow.  Anyone else racing?

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Marjorie, careful on that ladder but it sounds preferable to trying to paint around scaffolding.

Aww, lucky Hammy to get his own custom made octopus! Someone was walking a basset hound this morning when I was running and I thought of your two guys.

Lisa, darnit, next time don't make travel arrangements for the same day when you're in southern California! I think you would like this race.  Dana Point is right at the southern tip of Orange County, but I could drive down if you want to get together. I could even claim it was work related since I could go see one of our clients.

Cindy, DS1 is SO busted. Hope he enjoys going to see his brothers' games and practices. Serves him right.

Amy, good to see you, don't be a stranger!

Laura, yay for a nice run!

GatsbyBird, which marathon is your friend doing? And what are you doing the weekend of June 6 and could we maybe interest you in Shadow of the Giants? Straight shot across the state to the south entrance of Yosemite, 41 up from Fresno. Lovely 50K.

And thank you again to everyone. I made vegan chocolate chip cookies and black bean "enchiladas" using soft tofu and nutritional yeast in place of cheese this evening and wished I had others to share them with. The enchiladas actually weren't bad, though a nice sharp Cheddar would have improved them.

18.6 miles this morning. Outlaw themed run. The route was through Vasquez Canyon, named for Tiburcio Vasquez the bandit, and I passed a home where apparently the owners are trying to raise goats. They had several young ones, including a male  who I bet has been dubbed "Billy the Kid". (OK, bad pun.)

Happy runs!

Bikerchick1

Morning!

Quick fly by here, getting ready to go for a run.  The temp is a brisk 12 with real feel of -1........so.done.with.this!!!

Went to spin class yesterday, was great fun!  Then spent the afternoon with DD#2 doing some shopping.

Hi to all, will check back later for personals!

Carol

Anonymous Guest

Heading downtown for a 5k this morning. Cloudy, not too windy, 40 degrees. I want to do well at this one. Only ran 4 miles yesterday so my legs wouldn't be too tired today. Schedule calls for 17, so I'll do a recovery run this afternoon that will hopefully get me close to that.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

camille2

I'll write more later or tomorrow.  I'm a bit confused by some of the post...that's what happens when you miss a few days.  : )

Just a note/tip to Marjorie, I also have a 2 level living room  and the outside wall has several high windows.  My painter was staining around them and had his wife bring an extra ladder to put on the floor to brace the one he was standing on. He adjusted the floor one to meet  a built in bookcase on the opposite wall, but it could be a heavy sofa or chair.   It still looked pretty scary, but was a bit safer. He did it without scaffolding, but others who did work after the tornado brought a scaffold. It was clearly more stable. I even climbed up on it to wash a window.

I was away for a few days but did manage quick miles a couple times.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Camille thanks but nope. I will not do a lean to ladder. Only A frame ones for me. I don't like the lean against the wall ones. We have one and it would work. I just do not feel comfortable on it. I will stick with my 12 foot ladder and extension pole. With it I can do the whole room. Just the windows are tough. If I can get the ladder right I might be able to do them. I just have to see because of where the windows are and the walls if I can get it right where I need it.

Hope  it went well Karen!

Ran 9.5 today.

Carol hope the cold weather goes away soon.

Tessa I won't mind the scaffolding as long as someone else sets it up. I'm hoping to not need it.

Marjorie

Sunday already.  Boo for weekends passing too quickly.  Have to get in a few hours of work this morning.  Then some chores and hopefully a short run later.

Marjorie, good luck getting to the high windows.  Is that the last of your painting projects?

Tessa, my friend ran a small local trail race yesterday called Canyon Meadows, put on by Coastal Trail Runs.  On nice, hilly trails in the east bay, but a bit warm.  Shadow of the Giants is certainly a possibility.  Looks lovely.  I didn't do too well at my last race at higher altitudes, but eh, it's not like I'd be worried about my time.  I'll give it some thought.

Carol, kudos to you for getting in your run in such inhospitable temps.  Hope spring finds you soon.

Karen, hope your 5K went well!

Camille, since you like hearing about adventures, I wanted to let you know I'm putting together an album of Antarctica photos.  Hope to finish it today.

Hi to everyone else!  Enjoy the day.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Anonymous Guest

The race was good and disappointing at the same time. Good that I got a PR by 1 second (21:27) and I felt like a ran a good race, paced it well, etc. If I can lose this remaining four extra pounds, and race not during the peak of marathon training ,I think sub-21 is possible. The bad was waiting around over an hour for the results in the cold and wind. And then the announced the top two overall, said thanks for coming, and the results would be posted online. Over 2,000 finishers and that was it. Then I got home, eventually saw the results, which were in their weird age groups (which makes me think maybe somebody just screwed up and forgot the AG awards), and I got beat by someone I have never heard of. A 46-year-old woman ran a 19:24! I looked her up on athlinks thinking maybe she was new in town. She had only one race result, this 5K three years ago, which she walked and got a 1:03. She was listed on a fundraising team, and I'm thinking somebody picked up a bunch of their bibs at once and someone else ran with hers. But I don't want to say anything because it's a fundraiser for a good cause, and there weren't even any awards. I will be looking through the pictures when and if they are posted to see if she looks suspiciously like a 17 year old guy!

Came home and ran the rest of my miles to get 17 in for the day. Early dinner with DH - that burger was GOOD. Now just ignoring the eight million chores I should be doing since we're going out of town.

Now getting hit with a case of the sleepys. I think I'll go lie down for a little bit. I'll try to get back on later for personals.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Hey!  Busy weekend!!  The Azalea Trail 10K did start at 0800.  I finally got a personal email from the RD explaining the mixup. so I felt much better.  Had a good race, 52:48.  I think that is faster than last year, and I felt good, so I think it was a success.  Came home, cleaned up and went to the Gulf States Quilt Show in Slidell, LA (just north of New Orleans, before Lake Ponchartrain).  My quilt won a ribbon!  I was 2nd in the show theme category.  I was so excited!!  Long day over there.

Up early for 8.5 mile run with buddy.  Made it to church, then met a bunch of the tri gang at the lake for a swim.  Wetsuit was fine, I was not cold once I got moving.  Came home and planted tomatoes and peppers.

Ginny--more snow???  sorry!!

Have a great evening everyone!

Drum roll please...

Lisa ran 11.5 miles today! Furthest since New Jersey Marathon and I wore the race shirt..over a flannel lined tech shirt and under a fleece vest.  Sigh.. WHEN will it warm up.  Annoyed at having to wear a balaclava, and be glad that I wore it!  Wasn't thinking that the last few miles were into the wind. If not for no other option to getting home I would have given up.  Cold, tired, feeling like I'm slogging not fun although when I got to car and saw 11.41 you know I ran past it to get the 11.5.  LOL Was able to keep to walk/drink break on 15 minute intervals so was a pretty good effort too.

DD came in 4th this Saturday at her Forensics tournament so that was good. Regionals next weekend for her.  Big thing is working on her pronunciation of words.

Lisa