Womens Running

Tank Top THURSDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 18 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Warmth. A lot of it.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me!

I have a tank top on today (dressy of course). My whiteness is not ready for this! Haha. Its going to be pretty warm the next few days but then we are cooling down next week again. I wouldn't mind the 80's if it were HUMIDITY FREE.

Tomorrow's LR is not going to be fun. Looks like 66 degrees and dewpoint will probably be very close behind. I will be killing for those temps in a few months haha. I am just not used to running in it. Guess I gotta break out the Camelbak. They are calling for rain around 5am..so that should HELP with the heat.

Have a dentist apt at 2..but gotta come back afterwords. Sucks. But, I have about 8 hours OT and I don't want to use it for PTO. I want that $$$! Smile HCBF is coming home early tonight because he has a doctors apt tomorrow - his first one in 12 years. He is really excited Wink

Docket – Haha, agree with what you said to Sandy! If I marry HCBF…church wedding will be one of the big arguments. I don’t really even know the importance of Good Friday?

Sandy – How was practice last night? LOL at your church story. I bet it was fun!!  Smile   I went to a funeral a couple years ago – which of course was held in a church – and during the service everyone stood up and started saying something. Except for my brother and I. I look at my SIL and I am like “how does everyone know this?! What is it?” and she goes “Are you serious?! It is the Lords prayer”. She was dying laughing because I had no idea. LOL. Opps. FUNNY THING because my dad was going to school to become a minister (oh man, I would have been the perfect ministers daughter Wink ). He changed his mind about 6 weeks in and got his PhD in neuroanatomy. Quite the change!!  I might have mentioned that before. Asking him on purpose to feel bad? Wow..LOL. I guess we have a few like that on the night shift…or so I hear.

Run4kupcakes – Nice run yesterday! Love your advice to Diane. I find I have the same sort of issues when I have a peak mileage week – mainly the periods being too close together. I feel like it’s a month long period! Glad I am not the only one.

Karen – Nice 6 yesterday!! Funny about the pumpkin contest. I only carry water with me on runs in the Summer time – which is probably not good. Bummer on DH not being at Boston this year! Do you know anyone else that will be running? I keep forgetting that it is on a Monday!! I wonder if businesses are closed that day due to the road closures.

Laura – Nice miles yesterday! Your weather is improving Smile What are you up to this weekend!?

Alrighty, have a great day everyone!

Good Morning! 5.6 this morning w the dog walk. Started misting heavily at one point, so I was soaked. Skye kept waking up baking last night, and I really wanted to hit the snooze this morning, but I made it out there.

Boss postponed my eval at the last minute. Now it is tomorrow, my day off. and it's my birthday. I really didn't want to have my evaluation on my birthday. Sad

Warm and steamy here too.

dhuffman63

Trails

My ex was one of those get upset when I beat him.  Had to quite playing games of any sort.  I actually prefer working with guys.  Here there are more women than men and so far I'm not around for the drama but they get in the breakroom at lunch and I swear it sounds just like a hen house.

Lizzie, I have a tank, a sweater and then another sweater on.  It's always so cold here in my office.  The next office over in accounting it's always warm.  Wow, 12 years and no doctor appts?  Wish I could go 12 months.  DH is like that too tho, he has to be on his deathbed before he'll go.

Back hurts first thing in the am then feels better as the day goes by but it's annoying.  I've been doing my yoga stretches and I'm hoping the massage and the therapist can help.  This may be a way way cut back week.

I need more coffee before I can be coherent.

Is there something mentally wrong with your boss Susan?  She sounds so terrible.  I hope the eval is good and happy birthday.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Wednesday I dashed out the trail and did 60 minutes. I saw the Great Blue Heron in flight, a fox squirrel (I’m glad they have taken up residence in our area.), Gulls, a Redwing Blackbird, other assorted birds, and an Osprey on the nest (which suddenly got much bigger since 2 days ago).

DC took me chair shopping but we haven’t found anything yet. I’m looking for a wingback chair.

Today I might get out to run. It’s going to rain the whole day but I can dash out right now.

Safe and happy runs, All!  

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Seloc

Rest day only because I’m planning 20 for tomorrow.  I REALLY wanted to get out there for the mental aspect.  But, it was 25* and windy and I’m still pretty sore from HIIT so that kept me in.  Heading to the Mpls lakes for the long run at regular early time.  Will leave my house at 5.  Will have company for first 7 miles and then miles 11-15 or so.  Gonna be a chilly one but hopefully will finish before the snow.  Tomorrow is a company holiday which I think is ridiculous – we were not off for MLK or Presidents Day but for Good Friday?  Doesn’t make sense to me to celebrate a Christian holiday that is not even a Federal holiday but whatever.  And I was raised Catholic!

Practice went decently last night.  They are now on break for 2 weeks (year round Charter school) so not sure if I will have enough players for Tuesday.  We’ll see!

Lizzie – whoa that is quite a temp change for you!  I honestly forget what that feels like haha.  I’ll be sending you cool vibes when we are out there virtually together!  Dang, bummer you have to go back to work after the dentist.  But good plan to take the OT $$!!  Wow, that is quite a career change for your dad.  What are you up to this weekend?

Sue – what??  So now you have to work/get your eval on your day off??  Can you say ‘no’?  I sure as heck would!!  And your birthday, too!!  Nice miles this morning.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Tank top?  Maybe in a few days!    Leaving for Vegas tomorrow night, looks like it will be in the mid 80's!  We will be in Vegas 3 nights, I got tickets for a Cirque du Soleil show and a comedy magic show.  Then we will be headed to the Grand Canyon and Zion.  I hope to meet up with Diana!

Lizzie, I am not ready to expose my whiteness in Vegas!    I suspect we won't be the only ones.    We are flying out tomorrow night, our flight doesn't leave until 9:00 so it will be a late night!  Enjoy the sweaty long run!  How did HCBF avoid any medical care for so long?    We are fairly healthy but we always have incentives for our insurance to at least get biometrics done yearly.  DD and I are not religious (he was raised Catholic, we attended a Methodist church for a little bit), we were going to have an outdoor wedding at the botanical gardens.  We had a friend that was a pastor that performed the ceremony.  Due to inclement weather (early June in WI is unpredictable) we ended up using our backup location, a chapel at the university nearby.  Ha, I guess you are not religious if you don't know the significance of Good Friday!    It was when Jesus was crucified, he rose from the dead on Easter.  Older DD will be turning 13 next Thursday!  The only issue I have working with men is that some of them are slobs.  It seems like they think their mothers work here and will clean up after them.  I don't know how many times I had to clean up the microwave!  Or if someone brings treats and they take the last treat, they just leave the empty container sitting there instead of tossing it in the trash.  Stuff like that.

Sue, your boss changed your eval to your day off?  And on your birthday?  That sucks! 

Sandy, I guess I wouldn't complain if there is a holiday on a Friday.    We don't have any of the Federal holidays or Good Friday off.  We do have a company floating holiday.  One year they made it President's Day.  This year it is Christmas Eve.  It seems I know a lot more "lapsed Catholics" than Catholics.    Good luck on the 20!

Kupcakes, it is interesting how certain occupations still attract more of a certain gender.  My kids do have some male teachers and they are great.  There are some younger ones, so maybe the tide is turning a little?

Laura, it was a nice day yesterday!  Glad you got outside!

Karen, nice pics!  That is a big book bag.    That is a great pic of DH.  Haha.  I like your pumpkin story.  Never gets old.  

Diane, I have also seen ultra plans that do two longish runs back to back instead of one very long run.  The idea being that you are not rested and a bit glycogen depleted going into the second run.  I don't know if that would be better or worse for you.  

Elina, haha, I can imagine what you would do if you were asked to be "viewed".    I think DH is sometimes surprised when I know things that he considers "manly".  Our car battery went dead and he had to jump start it, then he told me to let it run for awhile.  I said, "Yeah, I know.  So the alternator can charge the battery."  He seemed very surprised that I knew that.  

Cathy

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, glad you are getting some warmer weather.  Enjoy your rest day.  Dentist, yuck.

Sue, I would be P.O.'d.  Don't ask me to do things on my day off.

Diane, I didn't see your comment about your ex and GAMES.  At first I just saw you beat him.  I was like, what???

Judy, good luck finding a chair.

Sandy, that is a early day tomorrow.  But rock that 20 mile run!

Cathy, which Cirque show??  Love them.  So creative and awesome.

Being utterly lazy today.  Have an errand before work, then have to be to work early, it is inventory day.  NOT MY JOB, but I am required to do it anyways.

It feels really cold out today - 62 and overcast.  WIMP!  (Me, if that isn't clear!!)  Ran out of milk yesterday and forgot to get more last night, so a trip to the store first thing.  Grrrr.  Coffee didn't sit well.

Happy to have Sunday off - THREE days in a row, unheard of.  YAY.

Have a great one.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Kilmisters

Just checking in to say thank dear God this week is over... Short week followed by another short one (we have Friday-Monday off) - pros: more days for potential LRs, sleep, stress relief. Cons: this time it falls at the month end/start, so it has been hectic to say the least. But at least majority of stuff was done; left the office at around 8pm. Should be ok unless something blows up during weekend/on Tuesday. Again. 10k work-home helped. DH/K time now Smile

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  I have been in Court all morning, on my WFH day, gah.  I have 14 starting soon and weights later.  And a martini or two.  For fuck's sake.

My hearings today were for that big giant case. Fortunately, they hired a great (albeit small firm) attorney who I love working with and who does things the right way (our way, lol).  So, things went smoothly.

Liz, LOL.  Blasphemy!  Get some sun in those shoulders!

Susan, WTF.  They can't make you come up just for that, right?  I mean, did she do it on purpose?  What's the rush?  My boss is always late on them like by 2 months.

Diane, I also get along with men better than women because damn it, they are all drama and jealousy sometimes.  Present company excluded.

Judy, hoping you get outside to run.

Sandy, that is weird.  What kind of company is it?  I wonder what they would do if someone from another religion says now wait a minute, ha.  Good luck on your 20!

Cathy, which Cirque show?  I love them, especially those in Vegas.  HAVE FUN!

Kathryn, hoping the inventory goes by fast.

Elina, jealous of your days off.  Enjoy and have a beer or something tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

No cavities! YAY!!

Pretty slow day. Can't believe it is 83 degrees outside 

Susan – Nice miles this morning! Ruger kept waking me up last night too – he was bathing himself and it was driving me CRAZY. OH NO on the evaluation! I would decline like Sandy said.

Diane – HCBF has been in to the doctors when he is sick or something – but he hasn’t had a physical or anything which he desperately needs.

Judy – I had to look up what a wing back chair was Smile My parents have several of those. I notice my mom reupholstered them every once in a while. Have a good rainy run! I love those Smile

Sandy – Yes, that is weird that you have Good Friday off. But hey, it’s a Friday and you are off so that is nice! LOL. I am jealous you get to kick back and relax after the 20!! I think I am going to call in sick for at least one of my 20’s. I am going to be thinking about you tomorrow when I am out there! Lets see..if you start around 5…I will just be finishing up. Hopefully. Let’s see…this weekend…Saturday will be adulting but we don’t have any plans which is nice. Sunday, I am sure we will be going to his parents for Easter lunch/dinner for a while. What are your plans?! Are you getting together with family? Good luck tomorrow! You will kill it though Smile

Cathy – WOOHOOO almost vacation time! How exciting! Hopefully you get to meet Diana!! I am not sure how HCBF avoided it for so long. But he has some issues he needs to get looked at. Serious ones. I had to make the apt!! I almost took off tomorrow to drive him there myself to make sure he went Smile He is 41..it is time to take health seriously! So, is there a difference between a chapel and a church or is it the same thing? My parents are not religious (obviously) but they actually got married at the National Cathedral in DC! My dad had a connection. I think it celebrates all religions which is why they did it there. OH thanks for the clarification on Good Friday Smile VERY TRUE about men being slobs!!! I have always wanted to go to a show out in Vegas! You are going to have a blast.  I really want to see Thunder From Down Under Wink LOL.

Kathryn – LOL I thought the same thing when I read Diane’s post LOL. Ugh, good luck with the inventory. Just look forward to the 3 day weekend!!

Enjoy your long weekend, Kilmisters!

Have a great evening ladies! I basically have to go home and go to bed - VERY early start in morning. Smile

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Docket – Oh man! Go get that 14 done so you can have some booze!

Where has Ms Tessa been!??!

Seloc

Slow day indeed.  I got a whole pile of projects dumped on me yesterday and I’ve started a couple but no rush so I’m not motivated.  Plus I have to login Saturday night for an hour.  Blerg.  But, I did create a volleyball certificate of achievement to hand out to the girls at the pizza party.  And had a jackfruit sandwich for lunch from this new vegan place.  Soooooo good!!

Lizzie – hooray for no cavities!  83*?!!  OMG, that’s 50* warmer than here!!  I heard we are running about 15* below normal at least through mid-April.  You are DONE running at 6?!!  OMG, girl.  If I had to go into work I would give myself about 20min to rinse off and 10min to get to the office haha.  No major weekend plans over here.  Hair appt tmrw then chill.  Helping at a water stop for a marathon training class on Sat morning.  It’ll be sorta early.  Don’t have the details yet.  Then will probably have to adult before logging in to work.  Sunday I want to run a bit longer and then will drink champagne since it’s Easter haha.  No plans with family.

Damaris – glad court went well and you get to work with a decent human!  Yes to the martinis.  This week has been challenging all around, I think.  I work for a very large telco based in the south.  One of the managers here is Muslim and I always ask him how he feels about the Good Friday holiday and he just says “hey, it’s a day off” haha  Have a good 14!!

Elina – gurrrrrrrrrrrrrl enjoy the 4 day weekend!!  You deserve it!!

Kat – hooray for finally getting a holiday off work!  Seems like you never do.  62* cold?!!  Ummmm gotta say nope.  LOL  Ugh on the inventory.  I think that would annoy me.  Enjoy your three day weekend!  Any fun plans?

Cathy – wow that IS a late flight!  Hope you can catch a nap on the plane.  Is it direct?  So excited for your vacation and hopefully you’ll get to meet up with Diana.  Oh wow, you are about to have a teenager in the house!  Look out haha – not that I know.  I kinda had to chuckle, though, about her bursting into tears for no reason.  I had one do that at practice.  Luckily it was at the end and the mom was already there to pick her up.  I asked her what was wrong and she just shrugged.  Happy the mom could deal with it and not me!  And OMG yes on the men being complete slobs.  You are too nice, though, I leave the mess for the cleaners that come once a week.

Heading to the chiro in a bit, then grocery (I think?  I need to but don’t wanna LOL).  One of the running girls just texted to see if I want to go on a power walk later.  Hmmmm  Not really haha.  It’s kinda cold and windy and I’m running 20 miles in 14 hours!!  LOL  Have a good night everyone!!

LC Runs

Glad it's Thursday, two more hours until my weekend starts.  Our office is closed tomorrow for Good Friday, not that it matters to me since it's my regular day off.  We're just going out to eat for Easter on Sunday, meeting BF's mom and siblings.

Lizzie - yeah for a rest day!  No big plans this weekend (see above). DD will be home from school though she has to drive back on Sunday.  I have gone to church on and off throughout my life but the first time I went to a Catholic church with my friend in HS, I was so confused.  Stand up, sit down, shake hands, say stuff.  I was like "what is going on"??  Ha ha!

Sue - good for you getting out there this morning.  Ugh on your eval tomorrow, your boss is really something!  Happy Early Birthday!!

Diane - I saw a meme on Facebook about how summer in the office is winter because of the A/C, it was funny and so true!!

Judy - what a nice run to see all of that wildlife!  Hope you find a chair soon!

Sandy - have a good 20 tomorrow!!  I hope we don't get any snow, I don't think it's in the forecast but I might be surprised.

Cathy - have a great time in Vegas!!!

Kat - I read Diane's post the same way at first LOL!  Enjoy those days off!

Elina - enjoy the shorter weeks and have fun with the family!

Damaris - glad the case went smoothly.  I about spit out my water regarding your FFS comment!!

Running a few after work, probably a short(er) one, I am tired and it's a gloomy day.

Well...evaluation for tomorrow rescheduled again--so I am free tomorrow!!! Whew! She works on her vacation days and expects everyone else to do the same.

Judy--I enjoy bird watching too. I've been trying to write them down in my bird book but keep forgetting!

Smile