Womens Running

Pecan Cookie FRIYAYS! (DAILIES) (Read 18 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

National Pecan Cookie Day. MMMMM love me some pecans! Especially in ice cream Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

16.2 miles for me!

Eh, this run wasn't the greatest but wasn't the worst, either. I just did not feel like doing it. My legs felt real tired but I am wondering if part of that was mental. Temps were around 68 with dewpoint at 66..still felt real sticky out there. If I hadn't of looked I would have guessed 70. Cool weather is coming within the next couple weeks. WOOT WOOT. I am becoming impatient.

I have a Friday funny for you ladies. So..the last mile of the run I had to use the bathroom. By this time people are starting to leave for work so I was contemplating running back home but then it got to a point where I just had to jump in the woods. I wasn't real deep in the woods (because you know, spiders) and I was risking someone driving by. I was quick! But as I was pulling up my shorts a CAR came. LOL. I freaked out and basically ran in the road with my ass hanging out. LOL! I am sure they saw my butt. They drove real slow by me hahahaha. I never saw them again but man. Probably would have been better if I just stayed in the woods. Smile

No work for me today. I am going to take Ruger over to daycare and clean this house! Needs to be vacuumed and mopped. I have to go return some stuff at Kohls and head over to the grocery store. Nothing too exciting!

Margaret - I am sending positive vibes your way. Do you have any vacations coming up? If not, PLAN ONE Smile HCF plays the lottery everyday!

Sandy - Holy crap, you have been busy! I love the idea of the 10K beer tour! That is going to be so much fun. Have a great time. You have been on my mind these past couple days! XOXO.

Run4kupcakes - YAY for good runs! What is the next race for you? Baltimore?

Happy Friday!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Thursday I joined my buddy for 40 minutes of running. After that was groceries and volunteer work 1.5 hours at the library.

Classes today are Tea with Presidents, Yoga, Meditation & Mudras, Western Art History, African Americans in the White House history, and Amusement parks of the area in the past. Yoga mat is right by the door. I look forward to all the classes. The history classes also help my personal study. By the way, I’m reading a book right now that is entitled, “Bound To The Fire”
        by Kelley Fanto Deetz. It’s nonfiction, about the lives of slave cooks on plantations both during colonial and antebellum times. It also includes the architectural evolution of the quarters, houses and kitchens. I may get in a TM run at the school this afternoon.

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Half Crazy K 2.0

Lizzie, I'm with you on getting impatient for fall. At least we're not in Miami. No Baltimore for me. If the weather is cooler, I may do the running club's free and no frills half 10/7. If not, I might do a half in early December.

dhuffman63

Trails

Won’t that be cold kupcakes? Only reason I’m doing that 50 in December is because it’s in Texas lol

get to fly back today but its going to be a long day.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Woke up without a migraine yay. I have Pikates and 7 tonight.

liz, bahahaha. I can imagine them going real slow to see you.

off in court, so i’ll do more shoutouts later.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Rest day today, will do my strength and flexibility later.  Younger DD and I will be on our own this weekend, DH and older DD are going camping!  It is the annual trip that we normally do with friends, but the group this year is pretty small.  The two other families with young girls aren't going, so younger DD is not interested.  She particularly does not like the boys that will be there.    She also doesn't want to miss her soccer game!  I am surprising her with a mini-road trip to an alpaca farm tomorrow and dinner at the Cheesecake Factory.  She really likes alpacas.  And the Cheesecake Factory.   

Lizzie, congrats on the last long run!  I'm glad that it was memorable.    The weather is weird, we are starting to get fall colors but it's still humid.  Seems "off".  Enjoy the day off!  We have never done a tornado drill here either.  Yeah, anything Harley is probably ultra pricey.  Any plans for the weekend?

Judy, sounds like an interesting book and interesting classes!

Diane, safe travels!  Happy birthday to DGD!

Damaris, glad there was no migraine this morning!  Enjoy the workouts!

Sandy, the running tour sounds awesome!  Have a great trip!  Have some lobstah while you are out there.  

Hi Margaret!

Karen,  I hate forgetting my Fitbit.    I may have to try some probiotics.  I guess it can't hurt!  Nice miserable 7.  

Lori, DDs and I watch This is Us.  Looking forward to the new season!  Yes, having an umbrella with you usually will prevent the rain.  

Cathy

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, sorry your run wasn't stellar.  I hope you have a nice day off even with chores/errands.

Judy, busy busy as always.

HCK, good luck with the half if you decide to do it.

Diane, glad you are on you way home.  Hope you don't have to travel too much now, except for races of course!!!

Damaris, so glad you are migraine free today.

Cathy, I am with your DD, I think alpacas are pretty neat.  Llamas, not so much.

Just got back from a 2 mile walk that turned into 5 walk/run!!  Not the greatest, but pleased I went farther than expected.  Only semi hot and sweaty.

Apparently I pissed the woman off who I was supposed to meet today.  I hadn't heard from her so I sent an extremely brief 2 short sentence message, basically saying I was free Friday and good luck with her interviews.  Terse response from her of "I just got here."  (She was coming in from Houston at some point, she never told me when/what day.)  I figured at 1:45 on Thursday afternoon was safe for a Friday interview.  She had interviews from 2-5, then I worked till 7pm, not appropriate time for me to email in my mind after work.  Then it would be today, when we were supposed to meet.  I guess I should have just left it to chance to see whether she would have messaged me or not.  Only one chance to meet face to face...  Oh well.  Nothing I can do now.  I am pretty irritated, I didn't think her terse response was necessary or polite.

Swamped last night at work.  13 pets came in, no joke, a half hour before closing.  Even though I am "just" a contractor now, we get ZERO appreciation.  Actually we never were appreciated by our superiors.  By the store folks, yes, but our direct bosses, never.  I feel really bad for the support staff, all they get is yelled at, no lie.  I don't know how they do it.  I had to stay 40 min late.  I got pretty upset (mopey, not mad) because nobody gives a shit about any of us, only numbers.  And when we hit the numbers, nobody says good job or thanks, they just find something else to bitch about.  So demeaning.

Not up to anything today.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

5 tough miles today. Hoping it's just the darned humidity because temps weren't too bad. Excited about the trip tomorrow. Its going to be a long day because I'm on afternoons tonight and won't be home until midnight and flight is at 6am and of course the time difference.

Lizzie....I love love love pecans especially butter pecan tarts. That funny story had me lol'ing. I think I'd scare everyone away if they saw my butt hanging out.

Judy... those stories sound fascinating.  I love reading history books like that. About people's history, not necessarily about war which hubby always gravitates toward.

HCK... I'm with you as well on being eager for cool weather.

Diane.... enjoy your flight. Safe travels

Damaris... yay for no migraines.

Turtles... enjoy your weekend with DD

Kats... yay for the run but boo on the lady you're interviewing with.

To all those in a funk, I hope things improve. To all those running well, keep it up.  Have a great weekend everyone. I will try to pop in from time to time while away. Cheers.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Judy - Wow, I didn’t know you were so into history Smile That book sounds interesting.

Run4kupcakes - Free and no Frills? Does the mean its free Smile

Diane - Have a safe trip home!

Docket - So glad you are feeling better!

Cathy - Awe, your weekend sounds fun! Who wouldn’t like dinner at the Cheesecake Factory?! Does she get cheesecake?? Your older DD and DH will have a blast. They might enjoy the warmer weather Smile That is how our holiday season felt last year - “off”. It was WAAYYY too warm. I am hoping for COLDDDD this year. I seriously am giddy excited about walking outside and feeling a chill in the air. When it first happens, I may cry. This weekend we are going up to my parents for a cookout with them and my brothers family. She is super bummed that she couldn’t spend the entire week with us at Hilton Head - as are we - so she wanted to at least do a dinner with us! Sunday….I am not sure. I am trying to go see my BF who has been having all the marriage problems. We haven’t had a chance to get together yet. We will see! Are you running long this weekend?

Kathryn - Woohoo! Nice job on the walk/run! Really weird about the lady you were going to meet today. I would have done the same thing you did! That was a bit rude of her. Probably better off! That is awful about your current job. I guess there is a positive to it coming to an end?? Mine is similar..or management says they will do something and nothing ever happens.

Lori - Nice miles today. Ugh, this humidity has GOT TO GO!! I forgot, where are you from? I have never had a butter pecan tart. YUM!! It sure sounds yummy! Have a wonderful trip!!!

Busy day cleaning the house. Phew, glad its done though. HCF and I ran some errands. We got some new rugs for the kitchen and bathroom and lots of groceries! Ready to relax now!

Since I got paid today I am going to buy those Mizuno Waverider 22's! They will sit in the closet until I leave for MN Smile

Have a good evening everyone!

Bikerchick1

Lizzie - too funny about your run and “potty” stop this morning...I bet they couldn’t believe that was what they were seeing!

Kat - Ugh on the terse response...yep, not necessary!  Glad you got 5 miles in, tho!

Cathy - Always fun to spend some one on one time with DD.

Margaret - Hope your “funk” is goIng away....that doesn’t seem like you at all!

Sandy - Same to you on your “funk”...^^^^.  Did I see a trip for you to Boston?

Judy - Since I have retired I have made very good use out of our local library!

Lori - Where you traveling too?

Diane - hope your trip is uneventful.

Did I miss something...where has Laura been????

Damarias - Hope you had a nice birthday!

I was was out of town again to our up north “trailer”...home now.  I am so ready for fall temps.  Ran 4 this morning in 70’s with 70 ish humidity.

Carol

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I am Canadian. Butter pecan tarts are a Canadian thing I guess because apparently not too many US places sell them. But yum.

I live in Windsor. We are traveling to Vancouver

Lori

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Arimathea

Tessa

Lori/BerthaSlayer, are you traveling to Vancouver by car or by plane?

DD was at uni in Brookings, SD, and we drove up to Winnipeg and then west through Saskatchewan, Alberta, and BC to Vancouver and then down the western USA to our home just north of Los Angeles. I would love to revisit the Canadian Rockies, Gorgeous.

Pecans? Mmmm. The Joy of Cooking recipe for angel bars? Yum.....

I booked flights for December but need to check them because I might have a class that Thursday.

4 miles this afternoon. That's all.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

We're flying. I'd love to drive the as I'm told the route is stunning bit alas I've only a week vacation.

Lori