Womens Running

Timely TUESDAYS! (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Laura, what a terrible morning.  How frustrating.  Hope nothing was damaged.  I would love to meet up with Diana in AZ, but she hasn't popped onto this forum in a while. I sent her a PM a while back, but I'm sure she doesn't know it's there.  Hopefully she will get it in time.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Kat, I will shoot Diana a quick text!

Laura, sorry about the horrible morning!  We used Ancestry, which has a discounted price of $69 now.  23andMe is $99.  I think they are comparable, right now there is no standardized DNA database, I think there is one in Beta.  But it seems that once you get the DNA data, it can upload to another database if you want to find out if you have long lost relatives out there.  

dhuffman63

Trails

How awful Laura.  No basement here.  We are getting a "shit ton" of rain...that's a real meteorological phrase...during this week with Wed being the worst.

dhuffman63

Trails

Damaris do you have the new Stained Glass InB?  I just ordered the set.  Since I have 50k June 23 in MO I think it will be just the thing...

Arimathea

Tessa

Laura, that's a sucky morning, sorry. Hope they do hire somebody!

Cathy, haven't done the genetic testing, though DS and DD would like to. I was born in the UK so fairly sure what it would tell me: Norman, Saxon, Celt.  We don't know that much about DH's specifics though as best we could tell he was 3/4 Mexican, 1/8 Irish, 1/8 Cherokee, but that was family lore and it's anybody's guess how much of the Mexican portion was Spanish or French (Maximilian's army) and how much was Native.

Interesting to see what it might tell you -- though I just read an article that warned that people need to be prepared for what they find out and the various services can show different things or have different labels.

I know Diana is planning to be at Antelope, I saw her a couple of weeks ago when she was in Pasadena. Not sure whose cell numbers she has.

Liz, I am with the rest, I would wear a blazer or jacket over a dress for an interview. If you feel overdressed when you get in the room you can take it off, but you can't dress up if you feel underdressed.

Lisa, socks on the elliptical or stair climber? Not sure I'd run on a TM in socks.

No run this morning, had to get to West LA to position my car for tonight's class. Hoping to get a lunch run in.

Docket_Rocket

Damaris do you have the new Stained Glass InB?  I just ordered the set.  Since I have 50k June 23 in MO I think it will be just the thing...

Yeap, I got it yesterday!  Posted a picture of the skirt in IG.

Laura, oh no!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Okay okay I will go with the suit jacket. I agree with you all – better to be overdressed. I will have to change in the car Smile I am not going to wear heels and a suit jacket in the office! Thanks for all of your input!

Today has been crazy. CRAZY. Big audit tomorrow..last minute requests..plus some other issues. I want to pull my hair out! And its so. hot. Well not really..but hot for February! I will probably wear a sleeveless top to work tomorrow. SAY WHAT!? In February?!

Sandy – Your little class sounds tough! Almost like super sets..ugh I had those. Shoveled before work? Say what?! Or are you working from home? YES HCBF is a neat freak. I don’t do any cleaning! I can’t get it as “clean” as he wants it. Whatever, that is fine by me! If we could exchange temperatures like that – it would be awesome! We would always have great runs haha. YES I am sore from yesterday. Mostly my hip flexors and my abs..worth it though. Wish I could take it more often. I hate it..but its good for me Smile You are probably right about the suit jacket. BLAH. I do have a cute one I just think it looks funny with flats. Unless I change to heels when I am on the way. I think corns are prone to happen on the bottoms of feet and in between toes and calluses usually happen on boney areas..like the side of your foot. Corns are usually more painful, too. I have both..LOL. Thanks dad for my great feet! I am so excited that you start Coaching tomorrowwww!!! How fun! Can’t wait to hear how it goes!!! Will these practices and games keep you up past gramma bedtime?! Hahaha. Smile

Susan – Nice miles this morning!

Diane – Yikes a week long headache?! Wonder what is causing that! I am pretty relaxed for the interview part…just always struggle with what to wear. I struggle everyday with what to wear.

Kathryn – The boots I have for the dress are high heeled boots. Flour to mark the course?!?! Holy crap. I would think that would be too easy to wash away! Yikes. Hopefully it won’t!! I know that isn’t helping, sorry. You are going to do so great!!Smile Smile Enjoy the cleaning.

Docket – Good luck with the workout tonight. You are right with the overdressing. Sigh.

Cathy – I have never done the DNA test – but I have wanted to try it. That sounds really interesting! Let us know how it turns out!! I want your temps soooooo bad. How is the foot feeling today?

Wait, they do pet DNA?!?! I would do that!

Laura – OMG what an awful way to start the week! Awe, I am sorry!! And you are right – at least it didn’t happen while you were on vacation! I am guessing the important stuff wasn’t damaged – aka the treadmill? LOL. Wow. I am happy that all of your work was coveredSmile I hope they are in fact interviewing this week!

Tessa – I like your take on being overdressed vs underdressed! Position your car?! What do you mean?? Hope you can get some lunch miles in.

Back to it. I have to go count cafe tables. Yay.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Laura, so sorry about the flooding! That whole thing is traumatizing as well!

Seloc, we always told people that t"he Internet burped". 

Seloc, we always told people that “the internet burped”.

Monday’s doc visit went well. After that I suited up and went out the trail for a 40 minute run in heavy rain. It took quite a while for the shoes to start getting wet but toward the end I ran through a puddle that was deeper than I intended. LOL

Geese were out getting drinks from the deep puddles. By the time I got out to the lake, I saw a large flock of birds together. They were robins! On the way back the flock was still there feeding.

Back out to the trail today! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Anonymous Guest

7 miles yesterday, 8 with 3x1 mile at 5K pace today. Both Sunday and Monday I felt a little "off" but no full-blown migraine, thank goodness. I tried to limit my reading and screen time and relax, but I got bored. Had all the symptoms of a migraine except the excruciating head pain, so I won't complain because that pain is the worst.

Diane and Kat, the 50K I ran for AZ a few years ago was on the same trail as Javelina. It's a nice runnable trail, no tree roots to trip over. But also no trees so no shade. I got lucky and the race was on a cloudy day, and it turned out to be one of my fastest 50Ks. Sunshine and heat would have really taken a toll though.

Cathy, I would love to do the DNA thing, mostly for my dad. My mom's relatives are all mapped out several generations back in Germany, but my dad....we have no idea. He said he asked my grandpa once and Grandpa said "i don't know" and that was the end of the conversation.

Laura, ugh. What a mess to come home from vacation to! Glad at least work was not out of control.

Sandy, you do sound excited about coaching VB. You are going to have so much fun, I'm excited for you.

Damairs, I can't believe your coach gave you 18 miles yesterday - she sounds awful.

Jackalope Jam - if anybody has questions about it, I can probably tell you after Friday. I'm doing packet pickup Friday morning to get my 50% off credit for Brazos Bend. It's going to be an early morning, starts at 7 and it's about an hour and 15 minutes drive.

HI to all, since I haven't done much the last couple days I feel like I should get some things accomplished today. So I'm off....

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

dhuffman63

Trails

Tell all Karen...I'm trolling for 2019 but know I have to finish 2018 first...lol.

LC Runs

Kat - no real damage, luckily we keep most things in plastic tubs or off of the floor.  Hopefully  you will end up seeing Diana!

Cathy - can't wait to hear the DNA results, I think I am going to look into it myself!

Diane - the rain seems to have slowed down to a mist, though they're calling for more tonight.

Tessa - hope you got in a lunch run!

Lizzie - when is your interview?  Hope it goes well!  No, the TM is good, it's in a part of the basement that doesn't usually get water (unless we let it go for a super long time).

Judy - I was a bit traumatized this morning; I am glad I had my morning coffee and was fairly awake when I discovered it!  We saw so many cool birds in Florida, there were a few Osprey's near the hotel and they had a pet parrot on the property!

Karen - glad you did not end up with a full blown migraine!  I don't know much about my ancestry either, was really a pain when my kids had to do school projects about it and my mom's answer was like, "I don't know, European something".  We may just make it up if my younger kids end up needing to know LOL

Kats:  sent PM to you ...........on Friday forum......duh!!  Anyway, just sayin'

Kilmisters

Laura, good luck increasing the mileage Smile Not that easy in winter. Lots of TM miles or have you been running outside? Wow, basement flooding? I hope the biggest issue was getting that water out and there was no serious damage done! Cleaning it certainly counts as a workout!

Cathy, wow, finding out those results in 6-8wks will be interesting; certainly clear why you would want to do those tests for you and DD.

Lizzie, I'd go with dress/tights/boots, to be fair. But then again I am not familiar w the industry at all. I sort of agree - it's better than classic suit and just sitting there all uncomfortable... But hey - to each their own Smile

Diane, you had mentioned travelling to Germany years ago but I didn't know about your mom being German... That's an interesting fact!

Sandy, I don't track distance to tenths either, but after converting km->mi, yeah, there are decimals Smile Big thanks to Wild for beating Islanders last night, btw - helps Flyers a lot! I saw the long ridiculously long shootout in highlights... Must have been awful losing the game like that. We've had couple of similar losses in floorball in recent years. Be happy about the cold temps - at least all that snow won't melt causing miniflood. Volleyball coach... Please, do tell me what I missed Smile Also, count shoveling as strength work!

Kat, glad to hear that stress levels have dropped! Less whiney for sure Smile It will be fine!

4k before floorball, 1.5hrs on the rink. Lovely two hours. No sarcasm. Work was a bit more stressful, huge project from CEO, deadline Friday. Didn't work late today as there were lots of details still to clarify (you know, those that only become obvious when you start tackling the thing), and hoping there won't be need for all-nighters till weekend. I won't blow this out of proportion and claim shit is about to hit the fan, well, at least not until tomorrow morning, but the signs are there Big grin Everything (including some other non-project related stuff) is urgent. Paraphrasing the saying; this is easy. It's like riding a bike. Except the bike is on fire and you're on fire and everything is on fire.... You got the point Smile There, I whined a bit after all...

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

dhuffman63

Trails

Yep Elina, little town called Welschbillig, near Trier.  I spent 5 years living in Bad Kreuznach and would take the train/bus to visit my aunt in Welschbillig.  She spoke little English and my German was atrocious but we got along well.  She always wanted me to essen or eat.  I miss living in Europe.

I start a new project tomorrow...no idea on the due date and have to be careful of the political landmines my being over there might cause.  At least with the headache I'm less inclined to talk too much...lol.

Hi everyone!  Been away all weekend at a car show at Lake Havasu City (AZ/CA stateline).  HOT and breezy. Sunday:  Ran 1.5  hr along the 'beach' and dirt trail (surprise!) and shoulder of paved road that was not busy, yay!

Was gonna get a short run in yesterday but it SNOWED all day and WINDY, WINDY, WINDY, not worth driving into town to run at the YMCA.  DH was not feeling well all weekend and is sick now.  Not going to work today or tomorrow.  I'm not feeling so great, with occasional body aches but not feeling 'sick.'  I can't get sick, I have a race on Saturday!!

Kats:  Flagstaff snow plows are pretty good about keeping roads clear when snow is predicted, they are out before the first snowflake, LOL!  It's the 30 min drive before/after Flag that will be SLOW driving IF it snows.  We will keep in touch the minute you start driving from Phoenix.  I will take everything I think I might need for this race.  Times like these are when I'm glad I had the experience of running.....and driving....... in artic winter conditions while living in North Dakota and Minnesota.  I'm (and others) are here if you need help.  We'll finish the darn race!

Seloc:  RB (in MN) ran and BQ'd at Grandma's each time she ran (and ran Boston a couple of times).  We stayed in a cabin near the HM start line, drove to Duluth, and took the shuttle to the starting line of the marathon.  It RAINED during this whole time until I was around mile 17, then the sun came out and it got HUMID.  Then it started to rain again after we finished.  I actually like the course up to mile 17 when we ran along Lake Superior, it was fairly quiet, no large crowds or traffic.  After mile 17, you're in town and it gets crowded all the way to the finish.  I used this marathon as a training run for my ultra a month later in WA state.  I agree, there are too many other races to keep running the same one year after year.  Although I may run the same one again after a few years in between and because it's the only one in my schedule that will work.  Are you serious about running the Phoenix marathon next Jan .... or Feb?  We gonna plan a get-together!

Liz:  be comfortable but be dressed professionally.  I hope you get this!  You need to get out of that toxic place.  Gosh, you  have been working out and running some badass miles.  WTG!

Cathy (turtles):  no photo with you and DD at the last race?  How funny she left you behind when you pulled her up that hill!  Thata girl, LOL!!  I don't have any  plans for my birthday but I celebrate ALL MONTH.  There is a HM trail race in Moab, UT on my birthday .......but it's a week after Antelope Canyon 55K ........too soon?  I have the Bataan trail marathon March 25 in southern NM .......I thinking of visiting with DS/DIL that week while attending a conference in Albq.  DH is thinking of meeting me in Albq on Saturday, 24th, then to White Sands, NM for Bataan.

Laura:  OMgoodness!  that has to be just frustrating, not a good way to start any week. Glad you were home to stay ahead of serious damage. Not having coffee may have been worse, LOL!  Most  homes in the midwest have basements, we bought one in MN that didn't have one so it was less to worry about with all the torrential rain and winter snows.  Hope all falls into place.

Diane:  that's a long time to have a terrible headache.  What do you take, if any?  Or do you just wait it out?  Hope you feel better soon.

Karen:  nice miles!  Migraines can mess up any day!  I get them too but luckily not one in a few years .......I think I know what causes mine so I try to be vigilant about them.