Womens Running

(Over40) Sprinkle in the weekend (Read 18 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Raining here. I know some really want the rain. Others don't.

Happy running

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

8.1 miles in the rain. Rained hard on and off. Got to see a pretty rainbow though.

Now ow at the puppy pool.

Marjorie

LC Runs

Morning Ladies!!

Another gorgeous day here - 5.2 hilly miles this morning.  Ahhh, I so love summertime!

Marjorie - nice rainy run for you!  I think the rain is heading our way this evening.

Thanks for the support about the RB...I'm guessing it's really a burnout thing, can't blame her there.  Probably just needs some time off from it.  It's just weird living in a small town (I grew up in the suburbs of Detroit), because everyone knows each other and you see people all the time,  She and I actually work in the same building (my agency is in the back and we use different entrances).  But, it's more noticeable when you suddenly don't talk or see certain people.  My morning RB has also not called to get together after she texted me a couple of weeks ago that she slept late and wouldn't be able to meet me....Ha ha  - coincidental but weird 

Nothing much on the agenda today, I'm taking my older son for a physical for HS sports and getting some things done around the house after that.

Have a great Saturday!!

Happy Saturday!  I wish we had some rain sprinkling in this weekend but alas, we are still dealing with drought and water usage cutbacks.  I did a 4 mile run with a RB and am doing my LR with another RB tomorrow.  Funny how much longer the day seems when doing a short run instead of a long run!

Lisa, hope you are having a great day at DWD!

Any other racers today?

Marjorie, yes Californians are among those who want rain.  I'm sure there are others who are sick of it and the flooded basements and roadways that come along with too much precipitation.

LC, seems like some people go through phases with running (liking it for a while, then hating it) whereas for others it's a part of their daily routine.,  Maybe your running buddies are in a "off" phase from running but you're still plugging along.  No real solution except to keep doing what you like to do, and maybe they'll come back when they're ready.

Chores on tap for the rest of the day then going out with friends tonight.  Hi to everyone!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Bikerchick1

Marjorie - Running in the rain...ugh, not my fav thing to do!  But nice on the rainbow at least.

LCruns - I grew up in a small town....totally get that scenerio!  Nice on the hilly miles Smile

Lisa - Hope you are having a great time at DWD!!!

Out for 10 this am with RB.  Doing a 5k in the morning with my friend that started running last year, she quit running over the winter and is trying to get back into it.  Am tracking my friend doing her first HIM today!!!  Living vicariously thru her.

Carol

LC Runs

Happy Sunday!

7 huuummmid miles this morning, wow they were tough.  I had wanted to do 10 but got a later start than I planned and it was too sticky out there for more.  I slept crappy last night, our power kept switching off and on during the storms...it must have happened 15-20 times in the night.   Taking my oldest DD to Drum Major Camp at Central Mich University later today, she'll be there all week.  She's quite nervous since it's only her and another school friend, but she's in the Color Guard so they're not able to hang together.  I'm sure it will be a great experience for her.

Hi Gatsby - nice running this weekend!

Carol - enjoy the 10 and tracking your friend

Docket_Rocket

Morning, ladies!  I ended up doing 10 miles with hubby last night and tonight I will do my LR.

Marjorie, nice run yesterday.  Hope the dogs enjoyed the puppy pool as usual.

LC RUns, nice runs.

Gatsby, hope your night out with friends was great.

Carol, good luck on the 5K.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

8.1 again. More rain the last few miles

Carol I don't mind the rain as it cools thing down. Only problem is if a short shower and it just causes steam. Both these were enough to cool it down. I have plenty of newspaper to stuff the shoes to dry them out.

Laura aren't you in for some cooler temps this week?

D good luck on the LR

Marjorie

ginnyb

8 miles this morning.  Felt pretty good , it was very humid.  Just been kind of relaxing since, lazy Sunday.

ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Bikerchick1

Camille - Thanks for the link for the article from RW's on R2R.  I had not seen that!  I think our group is on the right track for training.  I sure hope so anyhow.

Ginny - Glad you had a nice 8 miler.

My RB (Jenny) totally rocked her HIM yesterday - I am so happy for her.  She trains so hard, and puts her heart into it.  The thing that is most admirable about her is that she is a slower runner,  but that never stops her from putting everything into her training. She is a good swimmer/biker which helps with her Tri's.  But even on running events she gives her all, and never gets down on herself for a slower pace.  Plus she is  the most upbeat/enthusiatic/supportive person I know!

Had a fun 5k this am....it was  so HUMID, full on sun...but was still fun.  It was called "Piratse by the Bay" so lots of Pirate gear was seen Smile  We ran by the river - last year the Tall Ships were there for the race.  Had a PR for me, only by about 3 seconds, but I will take it with the heat!  Ended up 3rd out of probably 15 - but they did ages by 10 year groups instead of 5.  If they would have done 5 years I would have been first  in my AG..   I forgot what a 5k feels like LOL...

Carol

Come back marathon was a success!  Super tough course (will post pics tomorrow) with super high humidity but we were lucky to have cloud cover so the low 80's not as bad. 7:23 time was just fine with me for this course with total gain of 3,750 feet. Some climbs and descents were measured in miles. Body held up but I did start having calf cramps on the flats. (Special kind of hell when that happens). And at times felt light headed so walked til that passed. The climbs put level of effort way up there. Quads are screaming today but otherwise good. Views from top of bluffs amazing. Views while going up bluffs amazing. very movie like. Loved the forest trails and since no blazing sun the prairies were pretty with their wildflowers. Great aid stations throughout and great volunteers!  So glad that I went. It's a jewel of a race. Heard so many saying that they couldn't believe how pretty it was. Everyone so nic on the trails. God bless the guy who passed me in the last mile or so and told me I was looking crazy strong. Ha!

Scored an age group award that was a monogrammed fleece throw. Nice!  There were places that you could really make up on speed on the flats but those climbs wiped me out. Happy with the overall pace and thankful for the strength work keeping low back, core and gluts/hamstringa strong. They go used. My shoulders are sore if you can believe it.

Thanks all all for good thoughts.

Lisa

Sunday night already... back go work tomorrow, boo.  I did 24 miles on trails with a couple RC friends today.  Whew, left me pretty pooped but I got the laundry done and did some yard work this afternoon.

Woohoo, great job on DWD Lisa!  Nice AG award!

Carol, a pirate race sounds fun.  But not the heat and humidity!

GinnyB, good job getting in 8 miles.

Marjorie, nice miles for you too.  I'm jealous of your rain.

Damaris, hope your LR today went well.

LC, I don't envy your humidity!  Good work getting 7 miles done.

Waves to everyone else.  Have a great week!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR