Womens Running

I should be doing core Tuesdaylies! (Read 19 times)

Wow!  I'm first!  Fiance' (yes, Diane---he popped the question on Saturday--planning a summer wedding) is out walking the pups.

I forgot--when I was running with Skye yesterday morning we heard coyotes yipping!  They sounded close.  Too close. It's like the Wild Kingdom out there. (fyi--The Wild Kingdom was a show that came on Sunday evenings when I was a kid. It was about animals in Africa and was sponsored by Mutual of Omaha.  What was the name of the narrator---idk) Jeez!  I am old!!

Work.....well, thankfully no one else worked over the weekend.  Boss apparently has no life and works all the time.  She is making this project much more complicated and stressful than it needs to be. I will be glad when it is done.

Diane--good luck with the house.

Have a great day! I need to do core before fiance'and pups return from their walk!

Kilmisters

So it's that time of the year again... Basically, when it comes to Halloween, Latvians are split in approximately equal three thirds - 1) couldn't care less about it 2) carving pumpkins and walking around the houses every single year 3) hating the whole concept as t's borrowed from other countries and has nothing to do w our traditions. Oh well. I fall into the first category, but had to go candy shopping anyway as there are quite a few kids around our house that go trick-or-treating every year.

Survived the month end ok (at least so far there have been no cries of protest from people I've shared data with). Of course, new projects are starting. It never ends. Which is great, tbh, but I still can't believe it's only Tuesday. K woke me up right before the NHL game face-off (not the first time it happens), so productive multitask Big grin

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

dhuffman63

Trails

Merle Perkins?  something like that Sue.  I watched it and then the Disney movie after that growing up.

More later.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

6.3 chilly miles for me this morning. Body Pump tonight.

Happy Halloween!!!

Great run. I think its because it is 40 degrees out there Smile Everyone had their Halloween decorations on so that was fun to look at. I am ready to start putting in some speed though. I am going to do some tempo miles tomorrow.

Feeling better but now have a cough. Its tough trying to hold that in while I am running. I feel like if I cough, my abs will explode Smile

Ruger was so cute this morning. When I called him as I was leaving he knew where he was going - daycare! When we got there he was SO excited! I opened the door and tried to get his leash but he pushed the door open and rolled out. Smile My sweet buddy. He was whining when we got in there because he wanted to go and play! Smile

HCBF is back to the beach tonight. Bummer. If he was going to be around tonight I would probably hand out candy.

Kilmisters – Really? Super immune to other things? I hope that includes any sort of stomach flu. When I get that disgusting sickness I cry to my mom on the phone. LOL. I think those three thirds could be used for Americans as well. I care but I am lazy when I get home after a double – so no handing out candy for me. Plus, candy is expensive! And I will eat most of it. Glad you survived the month end! Mine is considered today – so lots of audits!

Susan – I am so excited about your Summer wedding! Do you already know where you want it? So cool!! Coyotes..NOPE. Have you ever seen them before? I wonder how you defend yourself if you come into contact with one!

Sandy - Thought of you today. I am wearing my super soft sweater! Olive green Smile Old Navy is having 50% off this weekend so I plan on buying more.

I should be doing core too, Susan! I feel flabby. BLAH. I need to watch the snacking. I would say some other body image things but Cathy will yell at me. Smile

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

CrazySue, congrats! So happy for you. 

Lizzie, we have coyotes here (a pack so far) in the park area. I’ve been close to single ones (female) but not the male. He looks like a big wolf! They just go about their business if we are just running along, but I carry pepper spray in case of encountering a pack. I am watchful. They are not really curious like deer are. Mostly we hear them. They do an answering howl when the train whistles sound.

Monday, fully dressed with 4 shirts, jacket and swathed in a muffler I went out and did 50 minutes in the park. There is lots of visibility so groups of deer don’t jump out without warning like they do on the trail. Police patrol regularly and question people who might lurk. It was cold and very gusty so it took a while to warm up.

Today I hope to do a morning run. I’m hoping for a little warmer temps before I go to the park.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GINNY!!!! So awesome to have a Halloween Birthday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Seloc

Quick fly by while I wait for CC to start...  Work trumped workout this morning.  Grrrr.  Well opted to sleep (5 hour nap) since I was paged just before 10pm and call lasted until almost 1:30am.  Picking it up again here in 10ish minutes.

Tessa - thought of you and your usual sleep-deprived state (or, maybe just short sleep).  I already have coffee but it doesn't get rid of the pit in the stomach that comes from not enough sleep.

Lizzie - hooray for cute soft sweater!  Ooooh, good to know about the sale.  I may have to check that out, too!  I also could use some workout gear - tights.  Have you ever tried ON?  Awesome run and your little Ruger buddy is soooooooooooooo cute.  I don't hand out candy either.  Get very few kids so just turn out the light and sit in the dark haha.  I don't like that candy in my house either!  Besides, I ate Dots yesterday (a rarity!) and feel gross today because so.  Blah.  Hope your day goes fast!  Oh - and thanks for the sweet words yesterday being willing to chat.  Just had a moment, I guess.  After all the fun of last weekend just need time to get back used to flying solo.

Diane - Marlin Perkins?

Sue - good on you getting up for core.  I would definitely sleep through that haha I for sure remember Wild Kingdom!  And Lawrence Welk always reminds me of my parents getting ready to go out LOL

Elina - glad you survived month end.  And look at that - mini  HULK - K is already in tune with the hockey schedule!  Sweet babe!

I'll be back for more later...

Yes!  Marlin Perkins!!  And the Wonderful World of Disney came on after that.  Smile

dhuffman63

Trails

God we're old.  Marlin is right.

Is anyone here married to a non-empathetic person?  It drives me crazy sometimes.  Absolutely no empathy, at least not for me.

I did the recumbent bike yesterday, 30 min and 5.25 miles and today I want to do 3 miles on the TM.  Been reading one of those self improvement type books (can't remember the title now) and have some good ideas for something to do as a work-from-home in my part time that plays to my strengths so will research that area.

Judy we have coyotes all over the place out here, some are more curious than others.  The ranchers tend to shot them any chance they get as they sometimes kill the new born calves.

Hope you get feeling better soon Lizzie. My office mate is sick and I do not want it.

Elina we live out in the middle of nowhere so we get no kids.  I hate storing holiday stuff so I don't put out anything either.  Kids are gone and the dogs could care less so what's the point.

Sue I could use more core too.  I'm back to doing the squats and lunges daily but should do some planks and the like.  I do my yoga stretches at night after my bath so that helps some.  I also need to do some upper body work.

Sandy I didn't sleep for crap on Sunday and dragged all day Monday but took some benedryl last night and slept like the dead...lol.

I am volunteering today for the Turtle Tots Halloween thing at work so will be out of the office part of the day.  Little kids all candy'd up...oh boy.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Halloween!  I should have done my core yesterday, forgot about trick or treating tonight.  It is from 5:00-7:00 tonight.  I could work out during that time but MIL will be over.  We don't get a lot of kids, we are across from the river and park and there only houses on one side of the street.  DH bought full size candy bars to hand out.    Thanks, Lizzie.  I caved in and made an appt with a doctor at the Runner's Clinic for Friday afternoon.  

Sue, I remember Wild Kingdom!

Elina, I was wondering if you celebrated Halloween.  The FB translations aren't horrible, sometimes they are close.  I have seen worse translations for Chinese.    The comment on the floorball picture you posted that looks like you are about to hit someone in the behind translates to 'One of the frames that the " WASN " me " hard to turn.' The first comment translates to 'Put in a business picture with laapstu'.  I guess I get the gist.     Hello to MIni-K!    Now that DD has her goal of a sub 30 I suspect that the other races may be a bit more relaxed.    I will just let her dictate the pace and have some fun.  

Lizzie, I got out my parka today.    32 this morning and windy, so a "feels like 22".  I am not ready for this!  Well, fall lasted for about 2 weeks.    Be careful with that cough!  Wouldn't want it to turn into bronchitis.  Cute that Ruger was excited about daycare!  Yeah, I would yell at you.    DD is really excited about the winter series medal.  Not so excited that she has to wait until March to get the full medal.  

Sandy, sorry about the call!  I was on call this past weekend but did not get any calls.  Phew.  I am on edge from Friday night until Monday morning!

Diane, sometimes I feel like DH is nice and emphatic to everyone but me!  Nice workouts!  Have fun volunteering.    Would you tutor kids or adults?  MIL used to volunteer at an English as a second language program and she really enjoyed it.

Ginny, Happy birthday!

Cathy

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 7 with 8 X 100m tonight.  I didn't sleep last night (power went out then up, then the lights woke me up, etc.), so I feel pretty beat up.  Plus my groin/hip flexor hurts (probably from running so much outside), so I need a massage by the therapist which I scheduled for Thursday to work on these kinks.  Thinking of running on the TM tonight even though it will be 72F but I'll be running late tonight and I no longer feel as safe in Doral as I used to feel especially with all the new construction and broken sidewalks and running in the dark.  We'll see.

Susan, hope you managed the core workout.

Elina, us Hispanics don't care as much about the pumpkins as the candy we can get!

Diane, good luck with the house.  My husband is a doctor.  He has no empathy, lol.

Lizzie, nice run.  Enjoy body pump.

Judy, enjoy the run!

Sandy, what is this sleep you speak of?  Have fun with crossfit.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Happy Birthday, Ginny!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Happy Halloween ladies!

Ginny, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  You share it with my mother.

Sue, I remember Mutual of Omaha as well.  Glad you didn't work this weekend, that is insane of your boss.

Elina, I'm with you on Halloween, meh.

Lizzie, glad you got a good, yet chilly run in.  60 here, brrrr.  Fun that Ruger is so excited for daycare.

Judy, 4 shirts and a jacket?  You're my kind of gal.

Sandy, a 3 1/2 hour call at 10pm, that is crazy.  Bummer work trumped your workout.

Diane, sorry your DH is being a putz over things/empathy.  We're here for you!!  Smile

Cathy, the kids you will get will be pumped getting full sized candy bars.

Damaris, bummer you need to be on the TM tonight instead of outside in the "cool" weather.  Hope the kinks get worked out.

Got a short walk in this morning, motivation was not there.  I guess a walk is better than nothing.  I have been really questioning if I want to keep running.  I want to do the races, I love them, but the daily task of it just isn't going well lately.  It is such a nice time of the year to run.  Not really sure what is up with it.

Almost certainly not going to do Louisiana in January and the same with Bataan.  Need to save my PTO for next years trip.  Still have Antelope Canyon and Pineland on the schedule.  (That is if I can keep at it.)

Hopefully no trick or treaters tonight.  Last year the development had lots of people out like a mini-block party.  But I don't get home till 7:30 and the forecast is for raIn.  I don't hand out candy, rather hide with the lights out...

I hope all of you that enjoy Halloween have fun with the little beings.  Smile

Kathryn

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

dhuffman63

Trails

Happy Birthday Ginny.  Awesome date!  Easy to remember.

Cathy/Damaris how do you deal with it?  Sometimes it'd be nice to someone asking how my hand feels ( the one I tore up pretty good at the PH, or just a back rub for no reason without me asking)  Just little things.

Kat I got tired of running taking such a toll, even doing the run walk thing that I just now walk.  I like the "races" especially the ones with long cutoffs because I can be around people and interact as much as I feel like, or not.  Most HM's around here have 4 hour cutoffs unless there's also a Full and I can walk one in under 4 hours just fine.  I may never reach my "goal" of 100 miles but I'm ok with that most days.  If I really work on my speed walking I know I can reach it at an event without tough terrain.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Cathy/Damaris how do you deal with it?  Sometimes it'd be nice to someone asking how my hand feels ( the one I tore up pretty good at the PH, or just a back rub for no reason without me asking)  Just little things.

With my DH, it seems that he takes me for granted since we've been together so long.  I guess I'm just used to it now.  Though sometimes the kids call him out on it.