Womens Running

Thoughtful Thursday (Over 40) (Read 16 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Hope all are weathering the heat well.

Post. 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday was a good chance to practice my breathing again for 35 minutes on the track.

Right after work I am going with a friend up north to a historical portrayal. Someone is going to present a program portraying Henry Thoreau.

(Ginny, it's over in Warren.)

I hope to contact the dentist today for an appointment to see if he or the regular doc can solve my aching. At least it is under control.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Judy - Enjoy your evening, and glad the tooth is feeling better.

Cindy - Congrats on your marathon decision!

Did a hilly workout Tuesday....OMG....it was so hot/humid....miserable, but in a "badass" way LOL...

Yesterday was URD...decided to go watch Aly at her swim class Smile  It is at an outdoor pool nearby, (I did ride my bike there at least).  She will be 5 next Monday...who would have thought 5 years ago that she would swimming like a fish in the water and begging her mom,  "just one more minute Mom".....it is a miracle, so sometimes workouts can just wait for Nonny time. 

Tonight is either bike ride/run  with RB/TB(tri buddy - Just made that one up), or Yogalates if I don't get out of work in time to join the brick torture.

Have a great day!

ginnyb

No run for me today...I take a few days off before a race, my legs always seem to feel stronger if I do this.

Carol...so wonderful about Aly!  I don't do hills.  We don't have any and I do not seek them out!  I know I should.

Judy....I am weathering the heat just fine, I thrive in this!

I will check in again later..

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

Lil Miguel gets a reprieve. Late yesterday DH was talking to the doc, who mentioned 4-6 weeks of recovery. In his head he was thinking more like 1-2. She said if it wasn't infected and wasn't bothering him he could put it off, so he's going to reschedule for October-November time frame. I don't really blame him - this is his last year to ride with his team here, might as well enjoy it and save the down time for the true off season. I briefly thought about still taking the day off, but I have too much to get done here, so I'm in the office.

Tonight after work I have 7 miles on the schedule with 5 at marathon pace. That sounds hard, especially since it's supposed to be 90 and humid. They will probably be a little slower than marathon pace.

Judy, enjoy the program tonight - sounds interesting.

Carol, I think Nonny time takes precedence over pretty much everything. Hard to believe she's 5, running around and swimming and being a normal kid. That's awesome.

Ginny, enjoy the rest day. I decided on a true rest day yesterday, and I ended up cleaning the kitchen, doing two loads of laundry and picking up a bunch of junk around the house while DH was doing his group ride. I guess rest days do serve a purpose!

What I can remember from yesterday:

Crazysue, that must have been a heck of a party!

Ginny again, wow, so she's a serial cheater then? I'd keep my eye out for her and definitely say something if you see her try something like that again! But honestly, what is the point of not running the full distance of  a race? I don't get that at all. Yes, I like winning stuff, but in the grand scheme of things it's just not important compared to oh, I don't know, integrity.

Tessa, no facebook page for Miguel. Although he will now be sticking around for awhile...and no, even though DH says he wants to, when he does come off we are not bringing him home with us! You've met the boy, he's a little goofy and strange.

Marjorie, your work schedule lately is making me tired!

Gatsby, are you doing a Western States aid station again this year?

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

I got up and out early for 5.2 miles this morning. A bit less humid than yesterday, but I was tired - I haven't been sleeping well.

Carol - Nonny time should definitely win out now and again!

Crazysue - wow, that sounds like one heckuva bridal shower. I'm just way to practical to spend that kind of money on something like that.

Marjorie - another long day for you!

Ginny - I do better with a few days off before a race too.

Karen - sounds like moving the Lil Miguel extraction makes sense. I don't know how you run  after work - I can't handle it in that kind of heat.

I'm meeting my RB this afternoon to sketch out our marathon plan. I've got plans from Higdon, RW, the Run Like a Mother girls, and Bart Yasso to look at and work from. I'm excited about getting something down on paper.

Have a great day everyone-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Good Morning!  80% chance of rain today so I decided to just go to spin class instead of taking a chance on the weather.  Kicked my ass!

BF and I are going to take a long lunch and watch the USA vs Germany game today.  Woohoo!!

Gotta get busy--haven't gotten much done and work piled up while I was out.

Good morning!  I'm taking today and tomorrow off from work.  I'll get some work doe from home, but it's not a busy week for my cases so I could use that time better for other things.  Will do a short run this morning, then watch the US soccer game, then go to Costco.

Karen, yes this weekend is the aid station at Western States and I am the captain again.  Hence the Costco run today and lots of other errands and organizing today and tomorrow.  I've got a good group of 22 volunteers plus a medical team and radio operator at the aid station.  We're located at mile 85 so runners will be coming through starting around 5:30 pm on Saturday and continuing through the night until we close at 7:00 am on Sunday.  Exhausting but fun.

Judy, Henry Thoreau would be an interesting subject for a program.

Carol, nice work on the badass hill workout!

GinnyB, good to take a little time off before the race so your legs are fresh.

Cindy, yay for your first (I think?) marathon!  I know HIgdon plans seem to work well for people.

MTA Hi CrazySue!  Cross posted.

Hi to everyone else!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I apologize for my absent but I got a big case file for bankruptcy this week and I'm going crazy with work.  I did 5 miles to and from Pilates last night and I did 9 this morning.  I had to cancel my massage at 10am because of work.  Hoping to be able to run to and from Pilates again tonight.

Judy, hope your aching is soon resolved.

Cindy, congrats on the marathon!

Carol, enjoy whichever you decide.

Ginny, enjoy the well deserved rest.

Karen, sorry about the postponed surgery.  Good luck with your run.

Sue, enjoy the spinning class.

Gatsby, enjoy the days off work.

Damaris

runlikeagirl18

I forgot to mention that I got pooped on by a bird this morning. Supposedly it's good luck, but I'm not sure I'm buying it. 

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Anonymous Guest

So that house hasn't sold, and both the realtor and our friends that have already moved down there say most are selling in three days. So we're putting in an offer for $210 today. In the meantime, I seem to have upped my standards and now I want this one:

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/16903-Coronado-Springs-Dr_Spring_TX_77379_M84824-89363?row=4

Anyway, a little bit awkward because DH called me at work to talk about it, and no one here knows we're looking, and my boss came in to ask me something when I was on the phone with him trying to figure out the layout of the place a little better.

Cindy, exciting!!! As for running after work, I am usually so cold all day long that for the first mile running in the afternoon heat feels good at least. Then it's miserable, but I know that if I suffer through the heat now, it will pay off big time this fall. And with a mid-September goal marathon, I better get used to heat just in case. (Backup marathon if September weather is crappy is not going to be until Charleston in January - the October 3 and December one are just for "fun").

Crazysue, hope you're enjoying the game. I found a chart online that shows the various combinations of the scores of the two games and how the US goes forward.

Gatsby, sounds fun. And exhausting. You must be beat by Sunday midday.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Karen--exciting on the house hunting!  Good luck!

Watched the first half of the game at lunch.  Went home and found out Deuce (DS2's yellow lab) is sick--passing alot of blood.  Wondering if it is from his recent rawhide bone?  He usually doesn't get them, but DS2 got him a "treat".  Vet can't see him till 2:30.  Hope Deucely will be ok....he is such a love bug.

Watched the rest of the game in the conference room.  Yes, I really was working in there......

ginnyb

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

ginnyb

I posted the pic of the police.  couldn't figure out how to caption.  Anyway the local police have been helping out the United Way with a fundraiser, by selling popcorn downtown.  My son is 3rd from the left ( the big one).  So proud of him.  He has been with the force for 15 years now.

Ginny

Arimathea

Tessa

Ginny, nice photo!

Susan, poor Deuce! Hope he will be OK. I remember him.

Karen, wow, Do you know how much that would go for in Los Angeles? I hope you do get what you want.

And please to clarify: I have met your DH. I have NOT met Miguel!

Carol, Nonny time is so worth it. Aly will not be this age for long -- and since it is a miracle that she is here at all, all the more reason to enjoy seeing her!

Judy, have fun with your Thoreau re-enactor.

Cindy, sounds like you are doing good planning. So you're combining elements of a bunch of different plans? Yuck on the bird poo.

Gatsby, thanks for captaining the aid station. I'm sure it will be fun.

Damaris, work is slamming us here too...July 1st renewals.

Off to go run at the gym. Ice cream for rideshare participants this afternoon!