Womens Running

No spoilers Monday (DAILIES) (Read 21 times)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I wasn't able to watch Game of Thrones last night. Tonight I will with DD2, her BF and their kitty,  aptly named Winter. So please no spoilers. Lol

Rest day for me.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

7.2 speed work miles for me. I did 10x 1:00min/1:00min rest. Abs tonight.

Good run but I am SORE from Body Pump yesterday. This is what happens when I miss a week. Anyway, felt good out there but I was dodging all sorts of crap. We had some CRAZY storms last night. So bad that I woke up HCF around 1am and made him go downstairs with me. I was scared since we had tornado warnings! BUT..now our weather is BEAUTIFUL. Highs in the low 60's today and no humidity..with SUNSHINE!! Smile

I was on a roll yesterday. Got up, cleaned, mopped, vacuumed, did Body Pump, 4 loads of laundry and picked up some of my bridesmaids dresses. Productive day! Hoping today is just as busy and I get some ACCESS..geez. I will be traveling all day tomorrow and Wednesday. Staying the night at my brothers so that will be fun!

Can you guys believe I am getting married in 6 months?! 6!!!

Lori – Oh no! Sorry about DS! ☹ Is there another race you two could do together later this Spring/Summer? Enjoy your rest day today! I have never seen GOT…HCF watches it. I told him I would like to start from the beginning 😊

Docket – Nice run yesterday!! I am now obsessing over the GC forecast. Rain is okay, warmth is not. I have seen a complete turn around in a forecast 2 weeks out..so lets go with that! LOL 😊

Margaret – Your pictures are always so beautiful! Congrats on the race and the 3rd in AG! Nice! Sounds like a very fun day. Hmm, never tried Target for running clothes! Okay, totally agree about DOH! I get it every single rest day! I am never fulfilled. Does this mean we are all going to be HANGRY before GC? Hehe.

Laura – Nice run yesterday! I am hoping you don’t get much snow…you are still doing another long run? Go girl! 😊 “The Act”?? Hmm..I will check it out. We need a new series now.

Kathryn – What do they tell you to put on tattoos these days? They used to say A+D cream? Hopefully work got a little busy for you yesterday! OMG on the hail! I was worried about that last night.

Karen – Wow, congratulations on the race yesterday! And the grandmasters overall!!! What did you get!?! 😊 You kicked ass!!  I can’t wait to see how you do at GC!! I really hope our weather turns around. I say sign up for the Ultra. DO IT.

Run4kupkapes – Ugh, sorry about the short distance race yesterday. At least it was fun!

Sandy - I hope you didn't get snowed in!!!

Happy Monday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Bikerchick1

Karen - Great job on your race!!!  How exciting...you are going to awesome in GC!  AND...did you sign up for the 100????

Lori - No spoilers will come from me...I am not a Game of Thrones watcher Wink

Margaret - Loved your picture of the flowers....the places you run are just beautiful!  I love the “DOH”..LOL

Ended up getting a few inches of snow......will be 50 degrees this afternoon tho..  I think Laura might have gotten more up her way...geez.

Did a weight training work out with a couple of friends yesterday at the gym.  Going to get a few miles in later.

I tracked my friend at Paris Maraton yesterday, and going to track a couple of friends at Boston, giving me “marathon fever” makes me wish I was runnjng the full at GC....  Spent some time researching marathons last night....hmmmm, anyone ever run Grandma’s Marathon?

Carol

Anonymous Guest

Got the TV on NBC Sports, got some people set up in tracking, it's Boston time!! Looks like rain but nothing nearly as bad as last year, and quite a bit warmer than last year too. I hope they all do well, but especially my neighbor running his first.

I have not signed up for the 100 yet. Still waffling. I talked to DH about it last night but he wasn't much help.

Taking a rest day today even though it is beautiful out today. I actually have two days off from running this week! Hello taper.

Margaret, DOH made me laugh, but yes, it is so real!

Lori, I watched the first several season of GoT but quit a couple seasons back, so no spoilers from me either.

Liz, you are describing our weather Saturday into Sunday. I guess the storm just kept going across the country. Nice running this morning. I can't believe you're getting married in six months! Wait, yes, yes I can. No awesome prize for being the fastest old lady, just this metal plaque thing.

Carol, maybe Sandy has run Grandmas? Not sure. I've heard lots of good things about it. One of the girls I was talking to after the race yesterday ran it last year and is training for it again this year. She is trying to BQ but is young and needs a 3:35. She's the one that ran behind me from 3-11 and then couldn't keep up - that was a confidence booster!

So Boston all morning for me, then perhaps a trip to Target this afternoon. Luckily I haven't yet canceled the cable so I can still watch on the big TV. But I did get our next month's bill and whatever the last offer I got is apparently over and they raised it by $40! Time to cancel. For the cost of one or two months we can buy a computer specifically to stream to the TV, not to mention they're all smart tvs anyway so we can watch Netflix and Prime and YouTube.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Anonymous Guest

Oh, yesterday when I said to someone that I was training for a marathon in two weeks, they said "London?!?"

Me: London would be cool, but no. Even better. Toledo.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Howdy! Busy weekend here moving and doing house stuff.  4.5 yesterday--better than nothing.

Karen--congrats on the GM win!!!

Tracking a couple of friends at Boston today.  One developed some pretty severe back issues, so she will be run/walking unless she starts hurting. Hopefully the wind will stay down and they will have a good day.

DS2 was in Starkville this weekend.  Tornado passed within a couple hundred yards of his fiancee's apt, so they spent some time in the shelter with the pups. Thankfully all are safe.

Happy Monday

Seloc

Not a GOT fan here either.  Started out this lovely Monday with a trip to the Dentist!  Root canal tomorrow!  Does it get much better than that??!  Ran over the weekend – not as much as I wanted or should have.  Plenty chilly.  Yep, still snow around.  Watched a lot of the Masters – super happy Tiger won.  Tracking a bunch of folks running Boston today.  Happy the rain seems to be moving out for them.

Karen – congrats on the race!  You crushed!  Here’s hoping for good weather at GC so your speedy shoes will help take you to a BQ!  Haha – I will DEFINITELY be canceling cable when the deal expires.  No question it’s been fun to watch some more channels but not for the money.  If you don’t want to buy an entire computer to stream, the Fire stick works great and it’s only $30.

Gatsby – sounds like a super fun weekend!  Congrats on the race!

Carol – I ran Grandma’s in 2001.  Nice course, rollers at the beginning.  Everyone talks about Lemon Drop Hill at about mile 22 but it really isn’t that bad.  Great spectators.  It’s actually my marathon PR – but as you can see that was a lonnnnnnnnnnng time ago.  The cons are that the lodging is spendy and it isn’t exactly easy to get to.  Would you drive?  If you fly, it’s about a 3.5 hour drive from MSP.  Or, you could fly right into Duluth but I would imagine that might be kinda spendy as well.  Would be happy to try to answer any questions.  Would you do it this year?

Gah – gotta fly.  Will try to get back here later.  I’m the only one around this week and my email is blowing up.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have an all day hearing that might end early so I can read or hear about the Boston Marathon.  I have 5 miles.

Lori, I stopped watching after the Red Wedding.  Not enthused about all the bad guys winning all the time, lol.

Liz, nice run!  And eeeek!

Carol, I want to run it but maybe in 2020.

Karen, enjoy the Boston stalking.

Susan, glad they are all safe.

Sandy, ugh.  Good luck with the root canal.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Happy Monday??

Lori, no GOT either here...

Lizzie, you were a busy bee yesterday!!  Nice run.  I use Aquaphor for a few days then switch to Lubriderm.

Carol, marathon fever is fun, as is researching races!!!

Karen, watching Boston too.  Frustrating the spotty TV feed.  Need to hit Target too.  Went yesterday, but I forgot things and they didn't have a shirt I wanted.  Super nice mens running shirt - LS so I wear it to work.

Sue, super scary about your DS being so close to the tornado.  EEEK.

Sandy, good luck with the root canal tomorrow.  Makes me shudder just thinking about it.  Bummer there is still snow.

Damaris, good luck in court.  On the weather, I have seen things change just a few days out even, so let's hope.

Margaret, DOH!  Thats cute.  Definitely me.

Didn't sleep that well last night.  Got home from a super busy day (once it got started...) and had a sore throat.  Still have it this morning and am stuffy.  It better be one of those quickies that just fizzles.

Also watching Boston.  Just amazing athletes.

Have a good one ladies.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Friday I ran 50 minutes on the TM, then walked for 5.
                      Saturday was SDO.
                      Sunday Buddy and I met only to find a hard rain had started. We went to a close McD’s for coffee/tea. By the time we settled, the rain was just a drizzle. We finished our drinks, then went back to the park and did 35 minutes out the trail and saw the ospreys in their nest. Rain then got harder again so we went back to the cars. At least we didn’t have to bag the run.
                      Today I did 45 minutes on the TM running and the rest of it walking fast.

Winter returned after tornado threats last night. Funnel was sighted here but receded into its cloud. I belong to a weather spotters group so I listen to what is being reported on their band. This is tornado threat season for us.
                      Happy runs, All !

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Seloc

Okay, things seemed to have calmed down a bit so will attempt a few shouts from the last few days:

Lizzie – wow, super nice of you to be your bro’s beer girl!  And you even deliver!  Fun you get to spend a night with them this week.  And, Baby E.  What are his latest tricks?  A massage sounds lovely.  As for where I would like to move…  I like the desert more than humidity so kinda targeting AZ.  I like Cathy’s idea of Flagstaff and have also looked into Karen’s rec of Prescott.  Neither place gets nearly as hot as Phnx in the summer.  Not sure what will transpire as it seems very overwhelming to make such a move.  I just do not think I can survive another winter in these parts.  Oh, I saw that Bart Yasso was at the Richmond 10K.  Oh, no doubt you are happy with your dreadmill purchase.  If I could put one anywhere else besides the middle of my living room, I would!!  LOL

Karen – you sure do stay busy for a retired lady!  Fun kinda busy, though, IMO.  Nah, no reason to come back to MN if I do get my ass in gear and get the smack outa here.  Oh, I’ve been meaning to say that I absolutely LOVE how you can run all different paces.  Makes me want to use you as an example for the people that say “I can’t run that slow”.  No wonder you are such a great coach!  How’s the glute feeling?  I would agree with Gatsby’s assessment.  And, yep, taper will fix it!  Just keep squeezing that booty to keep ‘em firin’!!  Oh, and I loved that pic of all the Boston runners from the airplane!

HCK – way to avoid the nap monster on Friday and get those miles in!!  That takes a LOT of effort!!

Damaris – what kind of exercises do you do on the Bosu?  One legged squats are HARD.  I do think it’s kinda fun, though.  Jump squats, too!

Laura – great running this weekend!  It was COLD here, too.  Well, I’m calling 25* in April cold, dammit.  I’m sooooo sorry for the snow.  It’s just so demoralizing.  I saw on the news this morning that MI was getting it everywhere.  If I hear “But, it’s so pretty” or worse “It’ll melt soon” I think I might smack that person silly.

Carol – great 12 in the WIND.  Wind is evil.  I’m with you, a billion laps on a track, trumps a dreadmill LOL.

Lori – nice job on the 20!  Slow works – you got it done!  Sorry the 5K with your son didn’t work out.  Enjoy the GOT watching party this eve.

Gatsby – beautiful lupine!  And that sandwich looked deeeLISH.

Kat – ugh on the boring start to your work day.  Hope the leg is feeling better.  Ouch on pulling off the plastic covering!  Sure hope you aren’t getting sick!

Pumped for Jordan and Des – pretty killer showing.  My friends are also doing well.  On pace for a 3:45 finish.  Nothing like a BQ at Boston!

Judy--We found an eagle's nest nearby (DS2 told us about it) so we drove over and watched it a bit! It is about a mile from our old house. This morning we saw two sandhill cranes flying.

Sandy--Did you move to Minnesota for a job?  I would be outta there! Good luck!!

Also watching a couple of friends at Boston.  Leonard is done: 3:19:21, Dana is 8ish pace and Cicely (with the back problems) is still moving at a 10ish pace (run/walk). Dana should be about to cross the finish line, and Cicely is past the 25K mark.

Seloc

Sue - nope, born and bread here in this lovely state haha.  Congrats to your friends at Boston!  Wheels seem to have fallen off for one of mine - her last mile was an 11:10.  Hoping she isn't hurt!

Kilmisters

My whole FB feed is 1) GoT posts 2) Boston Marathon posts... Oh well.. I am so, so (positively, but still..) tired after Saturday's game + weekend w Lisa + Monday at work that all I can think about is sleep. Thankfully, minis agree. Oh, marathon training starts today - w easy 6mi Smile

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Watching CNN, devastated about Notre Dame....

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024