Womens Running

Rainy Thursday (dailies) (Read 15 times)

Kilmisters

Meh. I honestly don't understand where winter is, this is totally uncharacteristic for late Nov in Baltics.

Damaris, HCK; I did a quick Google search, but will still rely on your answer - what is Chalene Extreme all about? Weight loss? Strength training? Both? Some workouts look really challenging, and, honestly, it's in the name also, haha!

Karen, it sounds like you're having lots of... fun lately, if it can be called that. Any expectations of when you guys could finally take a breath?

Ssssslloooow 60min run for me yesterday, holy crap. Stubbornly kept the HR below 150, but it meant running 13:20min/mi, like, what the actual f***? My RHR hasn't been below 55 (usually it's 49-52) since last Friday and I'm really not feeling 100%. If it's a result of my actions on Sunday (running pre-game warmup in pouring rain w/o proper layering) - meh, but hopefully nothing more than that. Since mono ''adventures'' approx a year ago, I view such RHR changes with pronounced paranoia.

Speaking of health, it looks like government has given in and will allow 3rd doses (or 2nd in case of 1st being Janssen), for everyone whose last dose was 6+ months ago, not just elderly or those with underlying conditions. On one hand, at least as per Latvian experts (whom I don't seem to trust that much, tho), no need for 3rd dose if you're not in a risk group and are under 30. On the OTHER hand, I might just get it before government changes their mind and/or makes the entire process unnecessarily sophisticated (has happened before). Right now it would just mean logging into portal on Sunday (when it's 6 months since dose2 for me) and picking a slot. Certainly food for thought.

Edit: apologies for European ignorance: Happy Thanksgiving!!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Happy Thanksgiving!

Kilmisters, Chalene Extreme is strength training based. There are 3 phases, so it lasts 12 weeks. It's an older program, when it came out, I don't think there were many at home workouts that focused soley on strength training.

Docket_Rocket

Agreed, especially for women.

Happy Thanksgiving! I ran the Gobbler's Jog 5K at an easy pace to start my day. I laughed because Karen had written DON'T RACE IT!!!! on my plan and I actually obeyed! My calf was tight during the first mile but I think that's my fault for not warming up and start at easy pace.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

My yearly opportunity to say Happy Gobble Gobble Gobble Day!

Elina, nice you're able to get the booster.  I am very happy I got mine.

Hi Kathi!

Damaris, good job on not racing it.

Karen, hope you and DH are organized enough to enjoy the day.

Being lazy this morning, haven't started on ole Tom yet.  Got a hefty one.  YUM.  Will make stuffing and gravy to go with it.  And asparagus if they're still fresh.

Horrid day at work yesterday.  I was a tense and irritated stress ball.  I am getting tired of and annoyed at my boss.  We set up new policies that he is ignoring.  Then I feel like he gets irritated with me at wanting to follow the policies.  No win.  Four months left...  I think I mentioned the ONLY candidate to replace him declined.  Should be interesting.  I am going to try to renegotiate my contract mid December.  I'm going to ask for a few simple things and a few not so simple ones in hopes of getting a few things at least.  I am peeking at some jobs openings right now.  Apparently there are 40 or so in San Antonio.  Only a few listed as nobody is out there to fill them.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving all.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Happy Thanksgiving friends!!!!

5 miles on the tm today because it's raining

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 miles with a short speed workout (200, 400, 600, 400, 200). I wore the Saucony Enorphin Pros I got about a month ago. I get the hype over the carbon fiber plated shoes. Had trouble running slow, which is NEVER a problem for me, especially over the last 2 months. The intervals felt a little rough, but that's to be expected after not doing any fast stuff for about 6 weeks.

KatS, enjoy the turkey. I have half a turkey breast that I'll throw in the over at some point.

BerthaSlayer, nice 5.

Docket_Rocket

Barre class done.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Booster done this morning. It had been 8 months since my second shot. Getting some side effects but expected. They started immediately after the shot. Light diet for supper worked very well. I'm off to curl up in my recliner with some green tea, a blanket, and a book on CD. 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Booster done this morning. It had been 8 months since my second shot. Getting some side effects but expected. They started immediately after the shot. Light diet for supper worked very well. I'm off to curl up in my recliner with some green tea, a blanket, and a book on CD. 

Hoping you don't get any more side effects!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Judy--YIkes! I hope you feel better soon.  I need to decide when to get my booster.

Just walked the pups this morning. I'm working today.  Blech.

Enjoyed Thanksgiving with the family. We were POOPED by the end of the evening though. I was not too stuffed bc I was holding baby Hudson and he was fussy--hard to eat with a fussy baby.

I need to do strength training. I have been a bum lately. My knee hates me right now and I feel flabby. whinewhinewhine

Later!!