Womens Running

Bring on the WEEKEND! (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

YAY!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

6.2 for me. Heading to Core class in about an hour.

Good run but my legs are done for. Very fatigued and am having some aches in pains in my hamstrings and achilles. I am ending the week at 48+ and it feels worse than my 56 mile week last week!! Its that darn speed work! I only have one day of speedwork next week. I am going to switch some things around on my training schedule - going to move my rest week I have scheduled for next week to the following week and do a peak week next week. LOL. Does that make sense? Hoping the easy runs will help these legs recover!

Not much planned for the weekend. Think we are having dinner with my BF and her DH tonight. I also need to go buy a blender. Haha - a lot of the recipes I have found for HCF involve a blender. I am just going to get a cheapy one and then maybe put a nice on one the registry. Really need to clean the house, too!

Run4kupackes - Oh yuck. Sorry about work. Hopefully you don’t have to deal with it this weekend. You need some cupcakes!!! Smile Nice run yesterday! I was thinking cooler weather also..I am going to be sad very very soon when its gone!

Here comes Ruger! Time for breakfast! Happy Saturday!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I woke up coughing and sniffling because our allergens are bad.  Glad I have a TM to run in because outside would be close to a killer.  Hubby is also coughing and sniffling, lol.  I have 6 tonight.

Liz, nice run and mileage.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

Lizzie, I think I am going to get some cupcakes later today. So far no work calls, I think my last e-mail set them straight.

Anonymous Guest

Good morning! Bit of a roller coaster day here so far. Nice 7 mile run for me with a couple friends. Check in to see one of my baby runners PR'd the half with a 2:04 - hooray!!! Then get a text from a marathoner, already getting calf cramps before the half - not hooray. He's still struggling, just passed the 30K and pace has dropped from 10 minute miles to 15 minute miles. The other half marathoner blew off the race (she had hardly run since Houston, so was 50/50 on running this one) and the other marathoner is doing great. Relay runner smoked it on her leg, the rest of her team is a lot slower than her though. Not that she cares, it's just kind of funny to see their team pace drop off after she went out and ran a bunch of 8:30 miles.

I don't really feel like doing much today. It's kind of a chilly dreary day and I just want to hang out under a blanket with dogs and read. I'm sure at some point I'll get motivated to do something. Maybe.

Liz, I get what you're saying but it does sound funny. Moving your rest week so your legs can recover during a peak week. Okay, not exactly that, but kind of.

Damaris, we have a green film on everything outdoors here. It's bad enough that I was sniffling a bit the other day. So even though our temperatures are nice (50s), you'd probably need to be on the TM here too.

HCK, definitely get the cupcakes. You deserve them.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Lifted and ran my 6.  I couldn't breathe as well as prior days but it is what it is. Better than outside by a lot.

Forgot to mention, our mold test came back (office test).  As I thought, levels of mold spores are at 600.  Normal is 50-200.  WTF.  I always knew the office made me sick but damn it.

HCK, ooh cupcakes.  I have not bought any in a while.  I must.

Karen, sorry about the baby runners but congrats to the HMer!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

lindasaffell

Fighting senescence

Forgot to mention, our mold test came back (office test).  As I thought, levels of mold spores are at 600.  Normal is 50-200.  WTF.  I always knew the office made me sick but damn it.

Gosh Damaris.  That's downright scary.  I have seen too many stories about what mold can do to human health.  And, how difficult mold is to truly eradicate, once it starts growing.  I hope you can spend lots and lots of time away from your office!!!

I used the TM today, was hoping to get a bit of yoga in earlier, but might do a wind-down practice later on.  I DID get some pumpkin muffins baked though!

Happy Garmin newbie

Renewing my interest in running, sloooowly

lindasaffell

Fighting senescence

Does anyone use something like the Pollen.com phone app?  Mine reports that pollen levels are low right now, but the types of pollen are juniper and maple.  W have a slew of maple trees around our house.  I mostly like Spring, but, ugh, the pollen fall can really make you miserable!  I gotta get our house air cleaner ready for the season.

Happy Garmin newbie

Renewing my interest in running, sloooowly

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Evening there folks.

13 and change today.  Did a trail race (was supposed to go longer) and cut the course at the turnoff for the half, so my half is unofficial.  OK by me, good to get some miles in.  Rocky as all hell and 7 water crossings.  I was cold all damn day and for another hour or so in my car on the way home.  Bonus, did get some yummy BBQ on the way back!

Lizzie, have you tried the InstaPot yet?  I haven't, but was curious about it.

Damaris, sorry about the mold issues.  No wonder.

HCK, glad no emails!

Karen, did you get motivated?  I went up to Colorado Bend State Park, even colder and drearier than here in SA.  Supposed to freeze here for the next 3 days or so.  Brrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Linda, mmm, pumpkin.

Work tomorrow at 9am.  They scheduled me for 12 hours instead of 8.  Either they will pay me or I will take some time off.

Off for more wine.  And an early bedtime.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Half Crazy K 2.0

KatS, I've used an InstaPot for risotto, mac & cheese, sausage w/ peppers & onions and chicken tortilla soup. Some things I think it is a time saver. Other times, when the recipe calls for browning or sauteeing various things, not sure it is much quicker. Everything has turned out and the lid didn't go through the ceiling, so I'm happy.

Linda, I don't use an app, but a local allergy doc does a pollen forecast. It was supposed to start yesterday, but he posted the rod for the measuring device broke & he's waiting for a new one.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

OK HCK, just purchased an InstaPot and 2 cookbooks.  I've been on the fence since Christmas.  We shall see...  Get them on Tuesday.  (Amazon)

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Arimathea

Tessa

Not sure about the InstaPot but I do love me my Crockpot.

Linda, honestly I don't look at pollen too much because I'm not allergic to anything, however hope the conditions are good for running!

Damaris, great minds think alike...heh heh.

Karen, sounds like your baby runners didn't do too badly!

If people come out to a southern CA race I will be pleased to bake cupcakes. I do a good buttercream frosting too...

Kat, 7 water crossings? Yikes. How deep were they?

6.5 this morning. I need to get back to long runs on Saturday, but I have so many other things demanding my time. DSBF's birthday do is tomorrow at my house. He requested burgers, fries, corn, white cake with vanilla frosting. Carb much, kid? I can do that, baked the cake and need to frost it tomorrow. Fries don't take much effort but a lot of time. And I want to sweep/mop and change the tablecloth.

Kilmisters

Hi, everyone Smile Back to these forums the same way as I am back to floorball/running after unplanned break, I hope Smile

Karen, reading about your baby runner's PB is inspiring; DH is already curious what your marathon training plan for MI will look like; I am both scared and excited and totally read to use #KarenIsEvil in upcoming months 

Lisa's trip to Latvia countdown: 1.5 months! Hehe. That will be one hell of a week:

Thursday/Friday: business trip to Lithuania

Friday eve: back from Lithuania, Lisa arrives

Saturday noon: Floorball Grand Final; depending on whether we qualify for Final or not, I'll watch it w Lisa or Lisa will watch our team play

Saturday afternoon - Sunday evening: (insert random beer testing here)

Big grin

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Running rest day for me! Going to head to a Body Pump class around 10:15.

Yesterday was busy..how can it already be Sunday?! I have so much to do today. Gym, clean, make some muffins (using my new NINJA blender!) and study! Did I mention that my CAPM is tomorrow? Ugh. Nervous. I don't really like to last minute study, but I will probably read over the material again today and take a practice test. Then do the same thing tomorrow morning. I am awful at cumulative tests..so, just hoping the real test is just like the practice one!

Today is the One City Marathon! That was the marathon I PR'd at last year. I keep seeing it all over Facebook. Makes me wish I ran it this year.

Docket - Nice job on the 6! Hope you are feeling a little better today. Uhm, so what is your office doing about the mold?! We are required to test monthly in our buildings. We had one area that was wayyyy over 600..and it cost us over 1 million in remediation.

Run4kupcakes - I am regretting not getting cupcakes yesterday. I actually have a weird craving for ice cream. Oh, you have lots of recipes for the instapot. So, its not like the crockpot? Is it just a faster way to cook things other than the stove?

Karen - Congrats to a few of your baby runners and sorry to the others! Sad The marathoner with the cramps, was this his first? We have a cloudy day today..staying under the blankets seems like a good idea!

Hi Linda!! Pumpkin muffins?! Are they heart healthy!? Smile

Kathryn - Nice job on the race yesterday! Sorry you had to cut the distance, but you are right - you got some decent mileage in! Especially after a fabulous vacay Smile BBQ sounds really good! I have NOT tried the Instapot yet. Everyone keeps telling me to add it the registry..not sure I would use it that much. I would need some recipes. I really want a food processor. Thought of you yesterday - Kate Spade is having a 30% off sale. I have been eyeing this bag but wanted to wait until after I pass this CAPM exam and get reimbursed for it. But the sale ends today! HCF talked me into getting it yesterday Smile Love it! Now I am worried I JINXED myself for the exam.

Tessa - Did you say buttercream frosting!? Nice miles yesterday. Good luck with the birthday dinner. Sounds yummy! Smile

Hi Kilmisters! We missed you around here Smile Oh boy you are going to have a busy week when Lisa is there. I hope your unplanned break isn’t injury related!!

I will be back later! Have a great day!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Lizzie, the InstaPot is an electric pressure cooker. I have used mostly the recipes that came with it. The cooking times are a little misleading. The mac & cheese I make takes 6 minutes, but it takes several minutes for it to get up the the temperature. Even so, it is quicker than on the stove. The risotto is definitely quicker & easier than a stove top recipe--not sure how purists would view it, but I liked it.