Womens Running

MONDAY DIVAS (Read 18 times)

LucyBelle

GSD: I agree with what Sassy said. If you are concerned about being a good parent, that means you ARE a good parent. Now, if you didn't care one way or the other about being a good parent, it would be a different story.

Jewel: Dude, that sucks that you have to go in when your boss doesn't, and that you might not even be able to do work while you're there! Bummer!

MArunner: I was wondering all day yesterday if you'd gone into labor yet! Guess not. Joking Hopefully soon! Come on out Baby C!

RLTW: Kay is ADORABLE!

Meli: Glad you had a great weekend!! How long is the tri that you're doing this weekend?

Outwest: Burpees and beer sounds like it would make me vomit. Glad you didn't have to drink PBR. Was everyone impressed with your burpees?

KLMC: Boooo on the knee pain. Is it IT band related or something else? Wait...you're supposed to get snow today? I'd better check our weather...

Sassy: Hooray for a successful birthday party! The pictures and video were absolutely precious.

POrun: So happy you got two runs in! That must feel good. When do your in-laws finally leave town for good?

Outwest (again): I'm not normally decisive and usually leave without buying anything, but having my sister there to encourage/advise me allowed me to pull the trigger on some purchases I wouldn't have been sure of otherwise.

melrunner

KLMC get a massage soon! you totally deserve it.

Lucy it's next weekend (not Easter weekend but the following) 1/2 mile swim, 22 mike bike ride and 4 mile run! I also bought a dress for one of the wedding events that I have. I have three showers, rehearsal dinner and a brunch post wedding. I also have clothes from 10 or so years ago. I must clean and purge my closet out!

OWR two months from today (memorial day weekend)!!!! Ouch on burpees and beer!!

Sassy loved the pics of G! Happy birthday little man!

PO at least you get a little break from your in laws but Id also be annoyed...

SassySparky

MA - aww that's so sweet about G being cutest, although that is sure to change in a few days Smile

We tried to teach G how to point "1" when we ask him how old he is, but he is mostly into just pointing things out and saying "What's this?" which sounds like "Wa dees?"

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

outwestrunner

Lucy - You know, having someone tip the balance on some decisions is helpful. It's good to have someone else's opinion on how the clothes look, or what you'd wear them for/with, etc.

Sigh...so we found out we did not win a big contract at work and now I"m sad..I really loved that work and now I have a significant gap in my work schedule for the year.

NorCal

Good morning DIVAs!

GSD- I think you are a FABULOUS mom! I'm sure second-guessing is part of being a parent, but please be assured that you are really doing a great job! Nice work on the 30 mile week, too!

Sassy- Loved G's birthday pictures. What a little DOLL he is!

OWR- OMG burpees and PBR!! Wow.

Jewel- Such a bummer you have to be in the office! Sorry the race was so tough, but what doesn't kill you will make you stronger!

Klmc- Ugh, what a disappointing run! But better to take some time off, RICE, and hope for the best! You want to get to the race trained AND healthy!

MA- Hope that baby hurries up and comes out soon! Are you feeling ok?

NRR. Had a really great weekend! My friend I'm running Big Sur with came down for the weekend and we had such fun! Lots of hanging out, talking, shopping,eating etc. Such a bummer we live so far apart! After she left yesterday, we went and took S and L for a little hike which was super fun! Today, I'm just catching up on stuff around the house and then working 3-9pm. I seriously slept solidly from 930pm to 830am. I guess I was a little tired...

RR. Had a FABULOUS 18 miler yesterday with my friend. We did a HILLY route over the GG bridge and along the bluffs. SO pretty and so hard! But we did it! Nothing hurts, just tired!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

LucyBelle

OK so kind of a funny story to tell. One of the guys who works in our "downstairs" office (he does photo processing) is a Jehovah's Witness. He doesn't talk about it much at work, but occasionally will leave fliers/pamphlets on people's desks. I came in this morning and he had left a flier on everyone's desk about Easter and how Jesus died for our sins, and inviting people to learn more at a program this week...well, he left one on everyone's desk EXCEPT MINE! Like, literally everyone else's! LOL. I don't know what that means he thinks about me...maybe that my soul is past saving? Like, what kind of impression do I give? Hahaha. So weird.

NC: I was so happy when I read on FB that you had a great 18-miler! Wow 11 solid hours of sleep sounds amazeballs.

MA runner girl

Lucy - Nice job on the shopping! I'm a terrible shopper... but definitely do better when someone else is with me! HAHA on the pamphlets on everyone's desk but yours! In my neighborhood they always come around and even when I'm sitting on my couch in front of the picture window I don't answer the door.

Sassy - OMG "wa dees" Too cute! So fun that he has started talking!

NC - Whoa, that's a lot of sleep! I'm glad you had a fun time with your friend. It's always hard when good friends live so far away, I have a few of them. Glad you had a good long run!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

SassySparky

Lucy - perhaps he thinks your soul is already pure!

NC - I would love 11 hours of sleep! Your run looked beautiful and epic Smile

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

NorCal

Lucy- Haha, that's pretty funny! I get super offended when religion is brought into the workplace, so I'm sure he would have avoided my desk too! Um, also, I used to let Louie "answer" the door when they used to come to our house and for some reason, they stopped coming... LOL.

Meli- 2 months!!! Ahhhh! SO excited for you guys!

Seriously, 11 hours of sleep was awesome and I guess I really needed it because I didn't even wake up AT ALL during it. SO weird, But I didn't sleep well the last 2 nights and 18 miles IS tiring!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

OJewel

This is a rough day! We have internet now, but we don't have connection to our system run out of PA. Still here. I'll be here til the end of the day regardless, but I just called my boss to find out if I could send my department home. And I didn't even get to go to the gym since I keep waiting for updates on this situation. Sigh. I'm going to try to work out while I cook dinner though. I'll throw the chicken in and maybe do a JM dvd for 20 minutes or something.