Womens Running

Most Wonderful Time of the Year WEEKENDS! (DAILIES) (Read 23 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Sorry for all those who are avoiding Christmas spirit..BUT IM SPREADING IT! Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

6.2 for me. Heading to the gym shortly for core.

Good run! I went sans headphones..I wasn't in the mood to get out there so I thought if I ran out some thoughts it would make the time go faster - it did! Made me run faster too Smile This puts me at 50+ for the week. Next week will also be in the 50's..this will be the first time I have ever done back to back 50 mile weeks. We shall see how it goes.

I was out there in shorts. 50 degrees! Going to be 70 today but then back to cold Monday. We are in line for a BIG snow storm next weekend. I may have to switch some runs around..I don't want to do my 20 miler on trax. LOL. We will see how the weather goes. My cousin is getting married next weekend..snow would be a pretty back drop!

HCBF is home for the week Smile He may have to go into the Richmond office..but at least he is in town. I can't complain too much Smile I am looking forward to spending lots of time with him!!

Not too much going on today. Just finishing up some errands and baking!

Tessa - Good idea on the tags for DS! Smile Nice miles yesterday - glad you got to WFH. Are you taking any time after Christmas? 30’s is perfect!

Run4kupcakes - I hear ya on the annoying week.

Cathy - Thought of you because I got that cobalt blue dress the other day. I was like, what are the chances that this is going to fit (I ordered online). I was worried that the material would be that thin silk stuff..but nope it is perfect. What a steal! I got it for $35!!

Happy Saturday! I am excited that I turned my work emails OFF for a week! Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Hey Lizzie - BAH HUMBUG X2!  One for me, and one for Sandy since she isn't here today.  Smile  Great run!  Glad HCBF is home for the week.  Nice.

Time to finish my coffee and jump in the shower, I have to work from 7:30-12:30, ugh.  Then we are CLOSED tomorrow, YAY!!!

Have a great Saturday everyone.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

LC Runs

Happy Saturday!  I will be the neutral party on Christmas LOL!

I was still not feeling good last night and went to bed early.  So far, so good today.  I am going to force myself outside later, even if I only run a couple of miles. I need fresh air, that's probably a lot of my problem!

Lizzie - yeah for HCBF being off this week, glad he listened to all of us ha ha!  Ohh, that dress sounds pretty, where did you order it from?  I should do some baking today, maybe I will add that to my agenda.  I'm actually pretty much ready for Monday.  I have to check with my mom about what she's bringing since we're just doing snack type stuff.  I thought I would bake a breakfast casserole, too.

Kat - hope work today goes quickly!

DD comes home today, she's been in Boise for the Potato Bowl the past few days.  They flew the red eye last night so she's staying with her friend and taking a nap before driving back home.

dhuffman63

Trails

We got snow!  Only an inch or two and it'll probably be gone later today but it's an almost white Christmas.  Normally it's just brown.  I got in 40 min on the TM last night (a little over 2 miles) and after I drink this coffee I plan on getting in 6 miles on the TM.  DH is selling a rifle so we are driving down to Muskogee (from the song "Okie from Muskogee).  Thank goodness I'm NOT an Oklahoma native.

Yesterday at work we had a scavenger hunt, played a trivia game and then some sort of other games with cuts and balloons then got to leave at 3!

Lizzie post a pic on FB of the dress.  I love dresses but never wear them cause even with heavy sweaters on I freeze in my office.  Enjoy the time with BF.

Kat, score on being off tomorrow at least.  Not too bad of hours today (I say as I sit here all warm and comfy) 

Laura, hope the outside makes you feel better.

Tessa I love the idea of wrapping the tags!

Oh and Lizzie cobalt blue looks very good on brunettes!

Happy weekend everyone.

Kilmisters

Kathy, DIL is working on Christmas Day? What's her field of work? And to be fair, to burn off all the Christmas cookies, yeah... Nothing short of 50+k run would be needed Big grin

Laura, ugh, hoping you feel better soon! Interview? Must have missed it. Same workplace, different job?

Lizzie, will we see a picture at some point? Smile Sending few emails while WFH counts as

Diane, wooo for snow! Coffee before run? Doesn't it make the run tougher? I mean, for sprints it might help, the boost and all thus some athletes using it before it was banned (and now after the ban is lifted), but for longer runs? Especially before indoor runs when I get the feeling that relative lack of air makes things tougher for heart as it is.

LR moved to tomorrow, so that I can visit some friends too. So, 7.5mi today. Holy s---. 34 degrees, mixture of ice/snow/rain falling from sky constantly, wind that constantly changes both direction and magnitude... DH heard lots of cursing from me. Big grin Not putting any face cream was a bad idea. The partially snowy forests were calm and beautiful as always, of course. Mistaking frozen puddle for ground = shoes all soaked in cold water, yeah, not so fun Big grin Lots of ice on trails, which made for a huge leg workout. As always when running in tough conditions I stubbornly pushed the pace instead of doing the wise thing and slowing down. Trying not to think about work. So far beer has helped in that regard Big grin

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Weekend check-in!  Stopped working a little early yesterday and ran 7 miles after work.  Planning about 5 today.  Sunny, clear weather, chilly nights (for us, that means high 30s, low 40s) then sunny and clear during the day, up to 60 yesterday.  No rain in the forecast, unfortunately... we need precipitation.    I normally enjoy Christmas stuff but this year I'm feeling a little Charlie Brown-ish about it.  Ready to move on to 2018.

Seloc, you lucky duck, you are probably on your way to Mexico already.  Enjoy!

Lizzie, did I miss pics of the new hair color?  Now we need one of the new dress too.    Nice mileage week for you!  Hope the back-to-back 50 weeks go well.

Kat, hope work goes quickly and uneventfully.

LC, sorry to hear about the GI issues!  It probably takes a couple days for the bug to get out of your system.  It was post-potluck, right? Anyone else get sick?

DHuff, snow sounds much nicer than brown.  Enjoy the 6-mile TM run.  You must have your running mojo back!

Kilmisters, yikes, your run yesterday sounded cold and wet.  But then hopping in a hot shower with a cold beer nearby afterwards is the best, right?  Not that I have experience running in snow and ice, most comparable thing here would be cold blustery rainstorm.  Enjoy LR tomorrow.

Sorry for not catching up with everything from earlier in the week.  Hope your holiday preparations are going smoothly, if you are engaged in any.  I'm off for my run!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  I have 5 and weights tonight.  It was already 80F at 8am so I can't imagine how hot it must be now.

We don't do anything for Christmas and, although my dad wants us to go to the party my grandmother is doing, we don't wanna.  Hubby works all weekend, so that's our excuse.

Lizzie, nice job on the run. If I run without music, I would quit at mile 0.25.

Kathryn, hoping the day is not too busy.  Yay on being off tomorrow.

Laura, feel better!

Diane, nice work on the TM.  Enjoy the snow!

Elina, enjoy the friend visit.

Margaret, nice 7 and enjoy the 5.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

What a difference a day makes! After yesterday's hot, humid, slow, miserable run cut short, I met up with the group this morning. 42 degrees with wind gusts up to 22 mph. Met up with the marathoner at 5 and sent him off to run 5, then he came back as the half marathoner was showing up (everyone else was either traveling or sick). We all ran 11, then the half marathoner and I enjoyed kolaches and gatorade while getting text updates from the marathoner gutting out his last few miles. I would have liked to have done the entire long run with him, but I was so tired I just couldn't do it. I was feeling a little yucky last night and couldn't sleep. Finally fell asleep sometime after midnight, alarm went off at 4 am (I had to stop and put out water before meeting at 5, so my 20 minute drive down there is more like 35-40).

I got my roomba yesterday! It doesn't get all the dirt and fur but it runs for about an hour and fill up the bin, so it's definitely doing something. I figure if I just set it to run once a day, that's seven roomba-bins worth of dust and dirt and fur less than I'd normally get in a week. Riley thinks it's odd but it doesn't really bother him. Unlike with the regular vacuum, no barking or trying to bite it.

I'm in the love Christmas group. I don't know why, you'd think I'd be sad away from all my family, but I just love the season. Sorry not sorry!

Liz, nice run and nice mileage for the week! Are you off work next week to spend time with HCBF (and run lot of miles) or just off for Christmas day?

Kat, I just negated your bah humbug! Hope work goes quickly this morning so you can enjoy some time off.

Laura, yay on DD coming home today! I was feeling crappy last night, but better today. Hope the same holds true for you and you're feeling better.

Diane, snow? We were supposed to get rain with this cold front (but I don't think we ended up getting any), so I guess that makes sense that you would get snow. Temperature dropped 20 degrees in an hour here yesterday evening.

Elina, coffee before run most definitely! Ugh - your running conditions do not sound pleasant. Hopefully no ice/snow/rain tomorrow for your long run.

Margaret, couch to 50K sounds to be going well! Your weather sounds about like ours right now - kinda perfect, chilly for running, then nice in the afternoon for whatever.

Damaris, ugh. So it's back to the TM for you then?

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

LC Runs

3.1 outdoor miles.  It was cold and a bit windy, but it was good to be outside.  The sun was shining so that was a plus!

Diane - yeah for some snow and a probable white Christmas!  Nice TM miles, hope the 6 goes well today.  Your work games sound kind of fun and getting out early is always a plus!

Elina - nice run!  Your legs will be feeling it, for sure!  Yes, same company, this job would be quality assurance, so running reports, chart reviews, data analysis, etc.  I might need your expertise if I get the job.

Margaret - nice running, Girl!!  I don't know if anyone else got sick from the office, I'm thinking it wasn't related though.  I have a weird stomach.  I think whatever it was is over now, thank goodness!!

Hi Damaris - I am feeling better!!  Enjoy your Christmas, however you want to spend it!!

Karen - hope you get more sleep tonight, I got a full 9 hours and I feel so much better.  I took an Advil PM and it knocked me out!  I need a roomba, our cats spread so much fur around this house.

Kilmisters

Margaret, nice miles; you'll do great in your January race Smile No beer after the run - snuggled in pile of blankets and fell asleep for an hour. Not unusual after cold runs Smile

Karen, for a LR those conditions might be extreme, but today, well, loved the workout. Funny about roomba not bothering Riley, mine totally drives the cat insane Smile

Laura, ha, depends on what software you use there Smile

Mapping tomorrow's LR... Now just have to drive there in time to make it a daylight run Big grin

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hi. I just can’t seem to get here that often anymore.

Today I ran 7.1. With the walk back was 7.25 total.

Quincy is still hanging in there. But today and yesterday his breathing has been awful. Rockey is doing so good with his trainer. We are working on more advanced things. We’ve put a new thing in place on his barking and it is starting to stick. For the first time yesterday she got to see him go bat crazy barking, though. She’d never witnessed him where we couldn’t get him to refocus. He saw a dog he doesn’t like while we were up at the playground. He went crazy. Now she knows what we are talking about. At least the normal barking at everything when he is in the yard with us is getting better.

People keep saying this this will be a hard Christmas but, it really isn’t. Dad is gone but we are fine. Not another peep from his wife or her kids and I’m glad!

Lizzie love the new hair. Saw the pic on fb  I ran in shorts today too. It was very warm. We will be upper 70s today. But next week below normal in the 50s

Laura I hope you feel better

Kat is the store closed too or just the vet services?

Elina I thought of you this week as I tackled a huge excel project. A lot of our folks don’t have full excel an$ use Libre office so I’m trying to get what I’m building to work in both environments. So far so good but man if I could just put in one macro it would be so much easier. I worked around everything that I would have needed the macro for but one. I’m hoping if I put an array formula in it will do what I need and still work in Libre.  We shall see. I’ve had to verify over 10,000 formulas thus far and build two massive vlookup tables. So far so good. Luckily most the formulas I could drag fill to copy them down the columns on one page.

Karen does your dog freak out with the roomba?  We would get  one but our three would not do well with it.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Marjorie, how does the trainer work with Rockey on the barking? Riley has become quite vocal and I don't know how to get him to not bark at every little thing. It's one thing to bark at the neighbors dogs (and they bark at him), but he barks at people on his walk, he wouldn't stop barking at Santa, he barks whenever someone comes down the stairs, he barks at people when they're in our house, etc..

The roomba doesn't bother him, which is weird. Even when DH put one of his favorite toys on it, he just watched it for a minute, then pulled the toy off it and walked away. With the regular vacuum he follows me around and barks at it and tries to bite it (which is why I usually vacuum on Thursdays when he goes to daycare).

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

We have a hand signal and command for No Bark. If he stops when we tell him he gets a treat.

Outside we often have to refocus him. If he is barking we try no bark but if that doesn’t work when on leash we make him sit and touch our hand. Usually successful. Except when he is going nuts. When that happens, if we are home we immediately bring him in, he has to sit and we say no bark with the hand signal   He cannot go back out until he stops. Several times he’s gotten heard ed back in a dozen times until he stops.

Weve tried bunches of stuff from distractions to the squirt gun to a spray collar. This has been the most successful. The others worked a bit but not as well as this. Today has been a huge success. He hasn’t barked outside at all. This has never happened so making progress. He loves it out there so having to come back in and not get to play outside kills him.  He is learning if he barks he gets brought back in

we have a 30 foot training lead so he can still move around but we can get him back in quickly if he starts barking.

Marjorie

dhuffman63

Trails

Hi all!.  The 6 on the TM went well 1:49...still walking but my HR is staying down so may start adding back in some short runs.  I'm thinking maybe the MAF stuff worked...we'll see, no hurry.

I counted 28 hawks on our drive back from Muskogee!  Good sign for my marathon/50k/50k in Apr/May/Jun.  If it goes well I can be a Marathon Maniac.

Yes Elina, coffee and something small to eat before my workout.  If not I just can't finish it.  Even so I had to eat some raisins during.

Not sure what a roomba would do here.  The dogs don't back at the vacuum they just leave the room.  Cats too.  It might work better in the little house.

Hi Marjorie.  I need a no bark for mine as they won't shut up sometimes.  I use Libre at home and Excel at work.  I can easily send work excels home and open them but anything "fancy" seems to get lost in translation.  If I start doing part time work from home I'll have to get a full blown Office setup.

I got my bullet journal and stencils and pens so now have to set it up and start using it.