Womens Running

Friday!! We have missed you! (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

WOOT WOOT!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me!

Tossed and turned all night. Ugh. Don't think I slept more than 4 hours. Between nerves about the call today and nerves about the race..I just couldnt shut my mind off. PLUS we are experiencing 50mph wind gusts! I kept hearing things hit the house all night and it was freaking me out. They have even closed the schools today because of the wind! At least its not raining.

I really start carb loading beginning at lunch today. I AM EXCITED TO EAT!!! Smile Smile

Crossing fingers all goes well with the call! Maybe I will be able to sleep tonight if it does. That and I am going to pop an anti-anxiety pill. Smile

Karen - Are you having some extra taper energy over there? You sure did a lot yesterday! Smile I am excited for your race, too!!! I think you are going to surprise yourself. And then a wedding afterwords! Wooo!!

Lisa - Wow, congratulations on a really really tough race! You have done a 50 before, right? Looks extremely difficult…congratulations!!!

Run4kupcakes - I didn’t realize the storm would have this much of an impact. LOL. I think you are getting worse than we are.

Here I am again with all this extra time on my hands! I may just go to work and then leave early lol.

Have a great Friday everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Woohoo to the racers this weekend!

Lizzie-I love your eating plan. LOL it was a tough race. What I’m finding is that (no surprise) “tough” is relative to how prepared one is and past experiences. Beaverhead sort of set the bar quite high for “tough” for me. You are so ready for this race. Have a great call today!!

Karen-have a great race! You got this and know how to dig deep when the fleeting thought comes to mind to back off. You’re stronger than you even know.

Kathryn- be proud of your accomplishment at Antelope. It was a learning experience along with a beautiful run. You’ll draw on it in the future. Will be fun in September!

http://www.runwoodstock.com/index.php/info/schedule-of-events

Looking at doing the 100k at Run Woodstock....come and join me, cheer me on, stay for free. LOL. Well supported weekend of events (check out above schedule) which offers extremely generous times for 5 mile, half, marathon, 50k and 100k. Reasonably generous cutoffs for 50 and 100 mile. Multiple free shorter runs available for this entered, yoga, 70’s bands playing live and a groovy theme. I’m looking seriously at the 100k which has the same time limit as the 100mile—-30 hours. 50k and 50mile have same cutoffs—15 hours I think. Basically all races share the same cutoff as the 100 but start later. Trails are a mix of single track, horse trail, rail/trail, and dirt road so this is very accessible to everyone. If it rains the. It’s a miludfest but that would be the most difficult thing. There are hills, rocks and roots on the single track and horse trails but are balanced with the road and rail trail. Peace sign medals. Great aid satations. It’s the final 100 miler in the Midwest Grand Slam series so draws from all over. Camping available onsite but I can offer very nice housing within 10 miles (depending on how many come could be couch or air mattresses but there is room). Airport and Detroit is about 45 minutes from race site. And yes, this is in Hell.

My race wouls start at 4pm on Friday. Shorter races start Saturday morning. You will see me on the course most likely or cheer me on at the finish. I would think much less than 24 hours but who knows.

Ginny-come and do the half again!

Lisa

Bikerchick1

Lizzie - I’m assuming it is a work call you are waiting for???  Hoping it is good Smile.  Hope the weather straightens out for you for the weekend!

Lisa -  What a great race for you!!!!  Congrats!!!

Hi to all!

Back from almost 2 weeks in Florida.  Visited some friends, MIL, and then did Disney Princess Challenge.  Had a great time running with my DD!  The 10k was really fun.  The Half was crazy crowded, and very warm and humid to us Northerners.  I think Disney races are a one and done for me    Anyhow, now deep into marathon training for Pittsburg!

Carol

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lizzie, very best wishes on your call and race!

Thursday I had a great run outside for 70 minutes. There was a light rain almost the whole time, but easy to manage. It was one of my best runs in a long time. Legs felt great the whole time. I saw Cardinals, Redwing Blackbirds, a Kildeer, and many pairs of geese and ducks. There is evidence of the coyotes. The bushes and tiny plants are starting to spring to life. Spring is coming. DC and I did several hours of volunteer work at the library. It involves a lot of upper body strength work.

Today was to be classes at the community college but there was a winter storm during the night. Yoga at home today and perhaps the stairs.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Seloc

HCK - stay safe out there!

MMR - loved the RR!  And really love the finisher award!  Scenery looks GORGEOUS.  Sounds so hard but extremely beautiful.  Amazing you feel good already!!  And you crushed it ahead of the grim reaper like we all knew you would.  Wow, just wow.  I'm super intrigued by Woodstock!  So you mean all I gotta do is get myself to Detroit?  I have no problem taking a piece of the floor.  Super low maintenance over here.  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  Will definitely ponder!  Longest trail race I've ever done is a 10mi.  Couple parks around here to train.  I do need something for the fall.  So then the question is marathon or 50K (gasp!).

Karen - holy tapering energy!  Hope you had a chance to sit down and enjoy your clean house after all the hard work!  That's my favorite haha.  Excited for your race, too!  Need to go check if I can stalk it...

Lizzie - I wouldn't call peanut butter noodles a Midwest thing.  It's more of an Asian thing - I think of it as Thai but Cathy can weigh in.  Sorry for the crappy sleep!  Good luck with your call today - you sound soooo super prepared!  You got this.  Just be yourself.

TRX/Bells class today.  Felt tough mostly because this girl is sleepy from a busy (for me) week.  High school hockey section final tonight to go to state tournament.  The local high school and my nephew is on the team.  They are playing a tough team but it would be SO great if they win!  Long run tomorrow but not super early.  Should be in the 30s!  Happy Friyay!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 8 miles tonight.

Lizzie, awww at the puppies.  Hubby is doing well.  Sorry about the lack of sleep. Carbo load ahead and good luck!

Karen, good luck this weekend as well!

Lisa, great job!  Just saw your snowy pictures in AZ.

Carol, too bad I didn't get to see you!

Judy, enjoy yoga and the stairs workout.

Sandy, nice job on the class.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, wow! Congratulations. And yes I am thinking there is a 100K in your not too distant future.

Cathy, mountain lions/cougars/panthers? They do seem to be slowly expanding their territory. Careful. They have been known to go after adult humans, usually those who are running alone or who are crouched down. One guy in Orange County was attacked whilst fixing his bike on a trail. But deer are their preferred prey.

Waving to everyone else, we are boarding fairly soon. They already announced that it's a completely full flight, glad I checked a bag rather than stuffing it into the overhead. Taking advantage of the wifi. I did manage to get 2.5 miles in at 3:30 this morning, left a note on the bathroom mirror saying "At 4 AM the shower is MINE" to avoid various youngsters camping in the bathroom when I need to get in.

Have a good day/weekend -- Susan, sorry we did not meet up. Maybe next time.

Arimathea

Tessa

Oh, and I registered for Crater Lake yesterday. Anyone else looking to do Oregon? I am happy to share a hotel room in the Klamath Falls area the night before. I have a niece in Eureka so will probably stay with her the night after -- she has a couple of couches and is hospitable.

ginnyb

I did the half at Woodstock with Lisa a few years ago and it was great!  Yes, we had mud, but it was fun.  It was my first trail and if  I did okay, all of you would do wonderfully!  Think I might do it again!

Good luck with the interview today Lizzie!  You will crush it and the race this weekend.  Happy carbing!

upper body with trainer this morning.  Did I tell you that he is leaving for Switzerland this month to play football?  He will be gone until mid-summer.  I don't know what I will do without him, use a different trainer I guess, but it won't be the same.......I am happy for him though.

I gotta go for now...

ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Friday!!  Special thanks to Lizzie for sending me birthday cookies!  DD said that she is the cookie master.    Made my week!   On the not so good side, a male runner was hit on the back of the head while running on a trail near me.  It was at about 7:00 at night, so it would have been dark.  My fast co-worker runs there are all the time.  I found an ab and leg challenge to do this month!

Lizzie, I am confident that your phone interview will go well!  Wow on the 50 mph winds.  Those kinds of winds do really shake the house around.  I want to start running again but I will be ultra conservative, I don't want another start/stop.  This is the longest break that I have between 5K's, so I will take advantage of it!

Hi Lisa!  There are a lot of activities during that race!  Sounds like fun.  Nice pics and really nice race!  My sister and I went to the Grand Canyon while it was snowing.  Weird flying into Phoenix where it was hot and then encountering snow as we drove through Flagstaff.

Carol, I think I would be one and done with a Disney race also.    Glad that you had a great time with DD!  Congrats to her!

Judy, a lot of the birds are back!  Spring is definitely coming.

Sandy, 50K?  Ha, you might as well skip the trail half and trail marathon.    If you drive to Detroit you are welcome to take a pit stop here.  That would be a long drive though.  I would agree that the peanut butter noodles are more Thai.  My parents didn't cook at all with peanut butter anyway.    I usually don't follow the recipe anymore either!  Ooh, I hope your nephew's team wins!  It was back to 25 here this morning, but it felt good, no wind and sunny and all the ice is gone!  We also went to Macau for a day, wandered around on some trails behind some shacks.  Funny about the family gathering!  Haha, sounds like something my parents would do, invite you to stay and eat!    The coworker that calls in sick monthly, is the coworker a female?  We had one that did that every month.  Not much you could say about it.  

Damaris, ha, figured that you were doing more.  

Tessa, travel safe!  Good luck this weekend!

Ginny, Switzerland to play football?  Football football or soccer?  

Karen, good luck to you also!  This was your short course race last year?

Cathy

LC Runs

4 miles for me this morning, was a nice run except for the wind, wiped me right out!

So, I went running about 8:40 this morning and when I got back to my car, I had a text from my DD about something random, she texted me at 8:58.  I responded about 9:25 but figured she was in class and it would be a minute.  I walked in the  door and got a alert that there was an active shooter on her college campus, he went into a dorm and shot some people right after 9 am.  I have heard from my DD, she is in class, and just waiting this out.  She says she's not that close to where it occurred, it's on a different part of campus.  The scary thing is the guy is on the loose, they think he is off campus now.  I don't mean to make a joke, but the description is a black male with yellow jeans on and a blue hoody.  How many people are running around in yellow pants?  Ugh, today is the last day of class before spring break so she is coming home later today.  Hopefully they will get this idiot and she can come home.  It sounds like two students were killed.  WTH is the world coming to?

Lizzie - sounds like a good day for a rest day.  I didn't realize it was windy until I turned a corner, not my favorite to run in but still better than being  inside!  I am hoping so hard for good news on the job!!

Lisa - I am so in awe of your distance running!  Right now my long run is like 7 miles LOL!

Carol - glad you had fun in Florida.  I don't like really crowded races, either.  Disney would be fun but I totally just needing  to experience it  only once!

Judy - we missed that storm though southern Michigan got hit.  I am over the snow!!

Sandy - have a good long run tomorrow, sounds like a fun weekend!!

Damaris - glad DH is doing well!!

Tessa - safe travels!!

Ginny - bummer on your trainer being gone though how fun for him!

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Laura, that is so scary about DD!  Yes, the recent events have been horrible.  You would like to think your kids are safe at school.  We got an email that DD's elementary school is being used this weekend for a first responder training exercise, with the National Guard and first responders from five communities participating as well as hospital and Flight for Life personnel.  To "simulate an incident that overwhelms area hospitals".  Scary that even needs to be practiced.

ginnyb

Yes, football football, he plays on a semi-pro team here in Ohio and I guess this is a big opportunity for him in Switzerland.

Sandy...you could do the half with me.  Someone please do the half!  I can't handle anymore than that anymore I don't think, although running trail is so different than road running.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

LC Runs

Reports are saying the student shot and killed his parents, they were probably there picking him up for break.  Awful.  He's on the loose so everyone is stuck in place until he is found.  So many messed up people in this world...