Womens Running

Wishing For Justice Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 28 times)

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Hi, Fran, I will answer for Camille as she and runslikeagirl are running the same race I am running. Hope we can FE at some point.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

Linda

It is extremely difficult for me to post from my phone, so I will be very short.

Karen:  I liked the letter. Thanks for posting.

Amy:  I like the wine and chocolate.  That is just what I need right now.

I am having problems running.  The pain is just too great to run.  I haven't been able to run in a few days.  I'm still hopeful that I will get better soon.

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

The AP announced they had a suspect in custody.  I sure hope so.......

Tar Heel Mom

kween

I think they are just questioning someone. Giant headline on cnn.com says: "NO ARREST."

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Not in custody. CNN often gets ahead of themselves. I hope they have someone etc. or maybe they did take someone for questioning but not arrested yet. All we can do is wait.

Marjorie

camille2

Karen,  many thanks for that link. It made me laugh, too, for first time since Mon afternoon.  It's so much like a Maniac. Love it.

My favorite line..."We will f*** you up. Even the skinny, vegan, barefoot runners among us."   Also, LOL at the pancake runner...think I was just ready.   Had to laugh at myself. I realized for the first time that not only is it possible for me to "chick" someone...now I might "geezer" someone, too!  Like Amy, I've already shared it.

Demaris, good luck on your ultra.  will look forward to reading the report of how you killed that race.  I am racing running with bib Sat at the Tar Heel 10 miler. Planning to meet up with Cindy and maybe Amy.

Marjorie, enjoy the rest.

Judy, glad you ran  for Boston.

Fran, that's an hour of work out!  Great job.  I w/u and c/d by walking and I count it.   : )  My game, my rules again, I guess.

Lisa, hope your back is better. Even though you were lying in bed, you were awake pretty early.  : )  Enjoy your "warm" weather.

Laura, hope you sleep well tonight.

Ginny, hope the dentist visit wasn't too awful.

Linda, hugs. Hope you can run soon.

I did my 7 run+1mi walking in 68 and 98% humidity.  . It was "easy" day, but mentally, it's almost easier for me to do  intervals. Have a good evening.

Anonymous Guest

Ugh - need to stay away from twitter and news sites until after 5:00 press conference at least.

Cindy, Amy and Camille, I hope you get to meet up this weekend. Don't forget pictures. And good luck to all three of you.

Fran, you are doing great. I noticed in your signature that you are losing weight too. I lost 30 pounds last winter/spring and as the weight came off, the running was easier. Hopefully, you'll find the same to be true.

camille, I laughed at the skinny barefoot vegan runners comment too. And I know what you mean about intervals almost being easier mentally - you don't think about anything but hitting that pace for that amount of time, and how many more times you have to do it. And you feel awesome when you're done.

Ginny, hope the dentist went well.

Linda, hang in there. It will get better.

Lisa, hope you are enjoying San Diego. I swear the weather is perfect there about 360 days a year. Hopefully it is now for you too. And good luck to you and Tessa this weekend too.

Sorry to those I missed - boss just came in and asked for something and I only have 25 minutes left in the work day.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Responding to the first page! Karen, thanks for that. It made me laugh too. You're right -- the coward who planted those boms has no IDEA who he was messing with.

Not to mention that the FBI is likely getting some serious pressure to solve this one. How much does Boston bring to the city in tourism dollars? How much do the charity runners raise for places like Dana Farber?  Those people are also seriously and righteously pissed, I'm guessing.

Susan, thanks for that link also!

I will try to remember to have my hand over my heart on Saturday evening. Lisa, could you please remind me? You're likely to have finished, showered, come back, and be sitting in a lawn chair enjoying a beverage before I finish.

BTW I think TJ's did raise the price so it is now Three-Buck Chuck, but it was Two-Buck Chuck for years. And apparently the Cab isn't too bad. We will not mention the Chardonnay from the same vineyard for the same price. I have one thing to say about it: don't spill that on varnished furniture unless you like sanding and refinishing.

I remember Lisa Ann -- DC is where she is now?

And what happened to Lisa1216 and her BC Max?

Hi Judy, Marjorie, Ginny, Camille, Amy, Fran, Julie, Damaris!

On to page 2.

Arimathea

Tessa

I've "chicked" plenty of people too. *evil grin*

Hi Linda, hope the runs are less painful soon!

2 miles this morning, that was all I had time for. Took DS to school for the economics summit. I was up until after 11 last night baking bread for his team, Ukraine. Boy, that bread disappeared quickly!

Will get more of a run in tomorrow morning with neighbour before picking Lisa up at the airport.