Womens Running

Time to Kick it Up a Notch Tuesday Supermoms (Read 27 times)

Marathonjen

RR - 7 on the TM

TR - Was excited to go to daycare this morning. Had a good day with grandma yesterday.  Took a good nap but definitely wore her out.

NRR - Got up and dressed and brought J to daycare only to find out we had a 2 hour delay for school. So I drove to the gym and ran on the TM.  When I was done I got a call saying school is now closed.  Ok...then the news said police are warning drivers to stay off the roads as they are treacherous...great.  I made it home though so all is well.  Need to do some laundry and cleaning soon.  I have a massive headache that I cannot get rid of.

FR - Need to meal plan for the rest of the week.  May have to run to the store since I didn't plan anything for the week yet and DH will be home tomorrow.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - I now do my recovery runs with Beth, so it works out well.

ernie - after being sick I would have cut the run down to 10 miles or so.  I totally hate all the princess crap too, I saw some girls at daycare and the daughters of my old RP who were princess 24/7.

cx2 - can't you just get your run in before your DH goes to work? when I had no treadmill and hated the stroller, that's what I did.

mrszm - i actually wish B would like Richard Scarry/Dr. Seuss more.

arm - B fist bumps and high 5's his daycare girlfriend.

mer - what do you manage to do with kids in 20 minutes?

shelby - i figure if the windshield keeps B dry and it doesn't fly up while running it is good enough.  I have a jolly jumper brand weather shield that supposedly fits universally on running strollers, of course it doesn't really.

jen - boo on the headache.  The one I had at the end of last week started after my run on Thursday, Fri is a ST day and the cold air during my LR saturday is what got rid of it finally.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

BermyHorse

RR Just did 9m w/ str from Bermy hotel out to trail system. I was in tears telling Dh about it as it is so so beautiful. We live in a semi rural area so there was a ton of wildlife and happy outdoors people. Was a bit nervous about length given this is our second day here but I decided to just get on with it. Feel very proud of myself. Wore same amount of clothes and did a strip again just for Nola.

nrr: Internet man is here. Waiting for blinds and shutter lady to come so I stop flashing the sub division my naked body. Why do I think of spike? Huh?

nrr2 posting from dh phone sat on ds bed. He has sttn every night in this house. yippee. Oh and couch and table are coming on thurs.

nrr3 people ask me to keep talking to listen to my accent.

Br I hear squealing from upstairs Dh and ds in playroom with tunnel we got at TRU.

fr just cooked first meal in house - old fashioned oatmeal with strawberries and blackberries.

Rg - we are here til 2nd march. Did you want to get a quick visit in to christen the guest bed?!

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

BermyHorse

Double post. Sorry. I am a moron posting on phone.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

superspike113

Honorary Old

I've been MIA for a few days- DH was on night shifts so I was flying solo.

RR: Haven't gone in a week because of this cold. Technically I felt good enough to run Sunday but I was really busy this weekend and never got a run in. I WILL go tonight. RP has been sick too and I don't think she was running either. Shipped those Asics back to RRS and asked to exchange for a pair of Nike Lunarflys.

BR: Was a pretty awesome kid this weekend. Godmother borrowed him for half of Saturday which I used to cough on the couch then DH and I had a little daytime date of going out for breakfast and on a drive. Sunday we went to the park, a playdate, the store, and my mom came over, then yesterday I took R to TriCities to visit my dad. Using pretty good phrases now- I hungry, eat please. Daycare lady was doing chores when I dropped him off and he insisted on going to talk to the horse- he does a really good horse noise too.

FR: I ate my weight in bread and cheese at my dad's yesterday. We tried out the Kitchenaid pasta attachment he got me for xmas and made homemade manicotti last night, delish.

NRR: Appraisal guy called on Friday and was trying to insist on scheduling for today at 9. Umm my DH just got off a 14 hour night shift, and there is no way in hell he is going to stay up and wait around for you for 2 hours, guy. Hopefully he calls and finds me a better time this week. Packed more boxes, DH is off during the week and said he would start taking it to the storage unit for me.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- LOL I just need burlesque dance music to follow me everywhere, huh? Glad you are having a good time in Nashville, when are you there to stay? I bet you have a great accent!  I made one of my clients from Tennessee giggle the other day on the phone when I told him I could tell who it was without caller id because of his cute accent. I got R a tunnel for Christmas and he loves it- I took it to the playdate on Sunday and even the cat was playing in the tunnel.

Jen- be careful out there! Not to make you jealous, but it is full on springtime here. However, I failed to mention that springtime is super windy here, blech!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

NRR2- I forgot, I decided to cash in my credit card points because I thought it pretty doubtful that DH will take me on a vacation in the next year before they start expiring and I bought a new computer. I am donating my old one to the Christian School here in town where my friend in the principal.

Runnergirl- I spent so much time at the park this weekend, probably at least 2-3 hours. I was a smart person and took R before we went on a playdate and he was so sweet and didn't do any ornery shrieking or hitting. R brings me his shoes at least twice a day and asks to go outside. Have fun with your bro and family!

zorbs- whatever happened with the Beth resigning as your RP thing?

Ernie- I am not a person who can run when sick, thus why a little cold has sidelined me for a week. Most of it is that it drains my body of all energy and will to live, but I am also prone to sinus infections and bronchitis with my allergies/asthma. I ran exactly 4.4 miles last week LOL.

cx2- Mobile babies are exhausting!

mzm- I started watching the Lorax but didn't finish it. I love Danny DiVito, so I need to get on that.

armama- R has learned how to use the stool in the kitchen, so not only do I have to have everything up high, I have to scoot it back too! My new mantra when cooking is "Pot handles in!"- MIL has been ragging on me about that FOREVER and I ignored her, but now that its a reality its hard to remember to do.

Mer- I hate receiving gifts- I'm a "make my own way" kind of person. All of the cash gifts we got when R was born went into  a college fund for him because I didn't feel right spending it.

Shelbyjo- glad you had a nice visit with DH. Man, a March-Aug stretch is really long. Will he be in training then and can't leave?

runninmer

spike - Whoa!  You must have had some major credit card points!  I usually cash mine out around $100...I get antsy!  I don't like when my IL's give us gifts.  They do SO much for us watching J that I feel like they are paying us to watch him.  They aren't very good at taking gifts from us either.  I do think that they feel bad for giving DH's brother so much money and we ask for nothing.  I am the same with gifts for J, it all goes in to his savings or EdVest accounts.  I took my short term disability check when on leave and bought a recliner and put the rest in his savings.  I hope you get out for your run today!

bermy - Sounds like you are having a blast getting things figured out in Nashville.  I hope you enjoy your super high speed internet! Smile

zorbs - Depends on the kids...finish a test, finish a worksheet, work on projects...time is precious when you only have the kids for 9 weeks.  I think my 6th graders were disappointed that they actually had to work and not play games today!

jen - Glad you are home and safe!  Scary that the roads are that bad.  I hope, amongst your never ending list of things to do, you get some time for either a nap or some tv!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

mrszackmorris

rr update: thanks to you ladies i hit the tm for 4 miles! thanks for the push! had to cancel ART though; the roads are terrible and bil called saying not to leave if we didn't have to.

cx2: love the term "bum scooting"!

arm: i told dh we should just take the kids to disney this year. i think the girls are at a great age to go, but c would be less than interested for sure.

mer: how nice of your inlaws. how's the haircut? reminds me i need to text my cousin for a haircut too.

shelby: great job getting your miles in this morning! boo to dh being gone, hopefully the next month goes fast for you!

jen: yup, same thing happened here. delay at 6:00 and then by 8:00 or so called off school. but at least i hadn't left the house Wink oh and just for you (cue the music!): how bad can i be; i'm just doing what comes naturally. how bad can i be; i'm just following my destiny. or perhaps you would prefer: my name's dan, and my name's rose and our son wesley kind of glows. and that's not good, so we suppose, we should let it grow!

bermy: yay for ds sleeping through the night; i guess he likes the states! glad the house is starting to come together for you and dh! what does your dh do?

spike: i am going to the lrs for new shoes and am bummed after reading your post about how they changed the gt-2170s as i have been wearing those for awhile now. the lorax is great! i love ed helms! and the soundtrack is really great so i don't mind listening to it all.day.long.

superspike113

Honorary Old

mzm- the GT2170's should still be fine if you can find those (RRS has some but I decided to try to find a new shoe rather than relying on an old one), but the GT2000's were awful.  I liked the Asics3030s too but those appear to be discontinued as well. I have a pair of the Asics GelNeo 33s that I'm running in right now and they are a little more minimal but I like them. I like Nikes too though, but they don't fit my feet like a glove like the 2160s did.

mrszackmorris

spike: i looked online for the 2170s a week or so ago in my size could not find any Sad what's weirder is about a month ago rp switched to the 2170s and we were both going to order extra pairs online, but decided against it for whatever reason. little did we know we'd never find them in our size again. boo.

beckykay

Morning ladies!  Well - its almost lunch but who cares Smile

RR:  5 on schedule for today, brought my stuff to work so I can get it done before I go home.  Once I get home I like to just chill and put my runs off until bed time.  Not cool for my insomia.

TR:  Dog took him out yesterday while they were running around the back yard.  Complete accident but he's complaining about being sore and tired today so I let him stay home today.  Both he and daddy have colds so they are having their man-pitty party today.

NRR:  Having a huge issue with DH just not being considerate of anyone but himself.  Ugh.  I don't know what has put him in a funk but I hope he snaps out of it soon.

I am going to make a quick attempt at personals but will be back later...

Jen:  Boo on the headache, hope you feel better soon.

Zorbs:  Dh thinks you have created a monster since I nail polish shopping yesterday.  I also painted C's nails pink yesterday Smile

Bermy:  I also think of spike when I walking around the house naked wondering if my neighbors can see me.   Awe, I am so glad you are loving hotel Bermy!

Spike:  Oh man, homemade manicotti sounds wonderful!  Holy credit card points batman!  We have marriott points that I either cash in on $100 gift cards or I use them for our many travels.

MrsZM:  Good job on the 4!  When I left for work it started snowing, thankfully it changed back over to rain quickly.  I hate winter weather.

runswithrocky

work is heinous. simply slammed.  and it'll be this way through mid-april.  (finance, not tax season).

PGR - this kid is certainly giving me some, erm, character building days.  My lower back was killing me yesterday even though I stretched and did all the good girl things.  Whatever, it is what it is.  Heartburn is here.  Fatigue is back with a vengeance.  whine whine whine.  Only 10 more weeks, I can do this.  Actually, I don't have a choice.  ha!

ER - JM 30DS, yoga, does dressing a squirming toddler for school count - because it should.

TR - Said her first word that wasn't a babble turned word.  She is good with "mama" "dada" "dog" but those were all really babbles that just had meaning attached to them.  She said "more" last night while also signing "more."  And then she just kept saying it while watching my lips as I was saying it back to her.  BUT this kid cracks me up: She made her lips into a super tight circle like she was going to whistle and then gave a very low tone "mmmmmmmmmmmmmooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooore"  like she was trying so hard to get it *just* right.  Is signing in phrases combining "more, please" "tired, please" <-- that one cracks me up.  A kid that asks to go to bed. 

OK - emails beckon.  Hugs to you all.  I'm lurking, but no real time to post lately.

Erniegirl

Zorbs - I so should have just run 10 miles yesterday. I'm pretty sure it was around 15 or 16k when the death march began. I was all in a panic about having to get one last long run in before the Chilly half, since I ended up only doing 14k last week because of the snow. Really, it probably would have been better to do a good 10 miles than limp through a painful 15 miles.

Bermy - Stripping, scenic runs, cooking, christening the house...sounds like you are having a great time in Nashville!

Jen - Your school has a lot of cancellations. I wish I had gone to school there! Schools here NEVER close. They will cancel buses but stay open otherwise. I think I only had 2 school closures in my entire school career. Is J still at daycare? If so, I hope you get a chance to take a nap and maybe get rid of that headache,

Spike - Bread, cheese, manicotti....I am drooling! Glad your cold has eased up. I thought my cold was all gone yesterday morning but after my run, I was completely devoid of energy/will to live.

Becky - Ouch on ds being taken out by the dog! Hopefully DH gets over his funk and his man cold all at once.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

beckykay

RG:  Ugh, I love/hate hills Smile  Hooray for visitors!  C loves little girls, I think why he tells me all the time he wants a sister.

Ernie:  Get well soon!!!!!

cx2:  Ut oh, its game over when they start moving Smile

MRSZM:  I put the Lorax on for C this morning when he wanted to have a stay in bed day.

Arm:  Unfortunately the place that I put our gsc so that i didn't look at them all the time was in my belly Smile  gotta love having parents in town.  Not having to rush around to get everything done is AWESOME!

Mer:  nice on the money for the plow!  I want to start C a college savings plan with the money we have set aside for him, need to put that on my "to do" list.

Ok, she's here now so let the annoying the crap out of me begin.....