Womens Running

Time to Kick it Up a Notch Tuesday Supermoms (Read 27 times)

superspike113

Honorary Old

Becky/Mer- I have a cash rewards card and we pay most of our bills on the card each month and pay it off to zero to avoid interest charges. I had not cashed any points since 2009, and I was able to cash out $900!  We spend around $500/mo in gas alone because of DH's commute so.. yeah the points add up fast. I usually wait to cash them out until we have at least $500 worth because they are tiered and you get a better return that way.

mzm- look online at www.sierratradingpost.com, www.6pm.com, www.runningwarehouse.com, and www.roadrunnersports.com for 2170s. RRS for sure has them (at least in my size). I live in BFE so I buy all of my shoes online.

rocky- R says More like that too! Awesome, so helpful! R refused to sign and would just learn the word instead- its his personality though, doesn't want to do anything until he can do it right. Sorry you are so busy at work. At your next Dr. Appt have them write you an RX for massage, that helped my low back pain so much. That or ART at the Chiro. Also, I used a lumbar pillow and elevated my feet slightly at work which reduced the pressure on my low back.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

BermyHorse

Yeah we have internet and it’s like warp-speed (I have only island-internet to compare it to). OMG it is heavenly. I have missed posting personal to you girls. You are an important part of my life.

Rg – nice on hills – wtg. And nice title of the forum post today.

Zorbs – need you to give me a lecture on proper running clothes for cold weather. Is there a good link/ internet guide to tell me what to wear for running when? I look like a sumo-wrestler I have so many clothes on. I’d like to get some specific technical clothes which are light weight and ditch some layers. Yay for pee. In potty. Glad you are still running with Beth.

Ernie – stripping, shopping, bed christening, cooking, running. My dream life. How do you keep DS warm under weather shield?

Cx2 – how are you feeling about going back to work? It’s soon right?

Mrszm – I have triple admiration for you now – not only for the cool family stuff you do as sahm mom but also for phone posting. I was thinking of you as I was painfully typing from phone. DH works in IT. It’s a bit more complicated than that – infrastructure architecture for a reinsurance company.

Arm – I am very exited for you and your half. How did you find your mothers day out? I am thinking of that here.

Mer – what is your next craft project? Very sweet of ILs and money. Holiday fund?! Internet is pretty darn fast (I have no idea what is fast. I say to DH “Is this fast?” and he says, “yes it’s fast&rdquoWink.

Shelby – sorry your trip was not what you expected. Hope little fella is getting better. Hope you don’t get sick. Take as much vit C as possible… Sorry you are on your own again with DH gone. Huge hugs. That must be so hard.

Jen – the weather sounds awful. Stay safe please. Hope that headache goes. Yay for DH coming home tomorrow.

Spike – did you get my half finished craft thingy in the mail yet? Hope it makes it to you. So cute on horse noise. We go back to Bermuda on 2nd March for 2 weeks and have out green card interview and then emigrate fully (when we pass interview – hopefully) mid-March.

Becky – I think of you a lot when I shop and see stuff you have talked about like the nerf guns. Hope work is going ok for you.

Rocky – I wish I had you with me when I was buying pots and pans. I think you and I would be the only people that would get super excited about that. Hope your back gets the memo to stop hurting as you have enough on. Is your belly rounding out more? Might explain more back pain.

CA - I think of you often - esp when I was on the trail today and how lovely it was. Parts reminded me of the pics I saw of your park near to you on the river.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- I have not received your package yet, I have a stack of stuff to work on once I get it and I will finish it all together before i pack up my craft room

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

BermyHorse

spike - cool. What else are you working on?

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- DH wants me to sew some velcro on the back of some patches. DH has a backpack and a fleece that have these spots where you can velcro stuff on them for "flair" I guess and he accessorizes with them LOL. I made him a little board with velcro strips to store/display all his patches on for Christmas. I also need to sew a patch onto something for R's godfather.

BermyHorse

spike - cute. I am sat patching more of DS's old clothes for his blankie. I brought it with me this trip to keep my hands busy.

I need a quick guide to supermarkets please. I think there is whole foods, kroger and publix. Can someone give this foreigner a no-nonsense guide to these stores?

Erniegirl

Bermy - Right now, I dress S in her snow suit and put her under the weather shield so she stays warm and toasty. It is probably not as cold in Nashville as it is here, though, so your DS might be just fine with a jacket and blanket.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

BermyHorse

erine - jacket and blanket was just what I did as well as weather shield. He was just fine, I think? I guess he would tell me.

becky - I forgot to say, I read a great cute little article on your shamrock race in this month's RW mag. I got all excited for you.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- Whole Foods is nicknamed "Whole Paycheck" by most people I know. My vegan friend likes to shop there for the bulk organic grains though- she said they are decently priced. I've heard good things about Kroger even though I've never been to one. Grocery stores tend to be pretty regional in the US- We have IGAs/Safeway/Albertsons/WinCo/Harvest Foods/QFC in my area. Fred Meyer stores usually have a grocery store in them and some Targets and Walmarts do too. If you have Wegman's there, they seem to get good press too.

beckykay

Bermy:  Funny you should mention nerf guns.  My last TM run, I was the target of the boy's target practice.  I kept jumping off the TM to chase them down for shooting at me.  Those darts sting when momma is running in her sports bra and shorts.  We only have two of them.....I need a third for my revenge!  I am sooooo excited for Shamrock!  I've done the half twice now and am super nervous to jump to a full.

armmama

Bermy - a lot of our local churches have Mother's Morning Out programs, I would look at churches in your area.  The one L goes to is at a Methodist church and I picked it because it's 2 miles from my house on the edge of my neighborhood so I can walk, run or golf cart there if I want.

As for grocery stores - Kroger is our main one here and I really like it.  We have 2 in our town, the newer one is huge and has a really big organic/natural foods section.  And their gas is so cheap!  You get a certain amount per gallon off depending on how much you spend on groceries. I know in Georgia people talked about loving Publix, but I only went a few times so I don't know much about it.

nolamama

CQTM

Quick post for me:

RR: 5k on TM. I've run 2 days in a row and feel awesome.

BR: Not napping well so she has been a BEAR the last couple nights. I broke down in tears last night after putting her to bed as I hate being screamed at from the point I get off work until her bedtime. I think she just has a lot of developing going on and it's a little overwhelming/exhausting. Plus playtime in her crib at 3am is making us all tired.

FR: DH out to dinner with his uncle so I'm doing something fast, easy with little cleanup.

Bermy - I love Whole Paycheck but cannot afford to shop there, except on special occasions. I would love to double or triple our grocery budget and spend hours in there every weekend but DH has nixed that idea. I LOVE Publix but we dont have one here. I go crazy when we go to Florida and can shop there. The Publix store brand is decent for stuff you don't need namebrand of. Once you get used to the *cooler* temps, you won't look so sumo running. If it's over 50F I run in shorts or capris and a tech t or tank. If under 50F, I'll run in a longsleeve T with capris.

BermyHorse

Hi Nola - nice job on running the past 2 days! Publix was our stop tonight and we all really liked it. We stocked up on stuff and it was still reasonable. Fresh veg and fruit and the people were super friendly - they even packed all my bags too. I think I am the only person in publix with lululemon bags... confessions of a runner eh?

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

There is a Whole Foods about 20 kms from me, I drove there to look at...nail polish...

I can find fruits and veggies for WAY cheaper at Asian groceries and farmer's markets..honestly, I love their salad bar.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

nolamama

CQTM

Bermy - whenever we go to Publix the people are so nice and helpful it always floors us. No one is like that in New Orleans. We are lucky if the cashier makes eye contact (unless at Whole Foods).

zorbs - of course you would look at nail polish there! Is it organic?