Womens Running

Look No Spam Monday - PREGGOS (Read 421 times)

MA runner girl

Let's try this... Post!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

CanadaJazz

Hey! I only see your opening post. oh well! 

No SPAM HERE!!

PR: not much new! getting huge! Oh we have our first prenatal class tonight.. three hours.. ugh. 

ER: slow painful run on the treadmill yesterday, took me an hour and 20 mins to do ten k.. was horrible! it was -30 with windchill so no way I was going out! Today did Jillian's shred level 2.. also hard to do the situps now hah. I know people say not to lie on your back, but I feel ok doing it so do some of the moves still.

Ok off to work! have an all afternoon meeting. 

MA runner girl

RR: Ran 16 miles last week! Haven't done that since early September. Ran 6 yesterday, felt good. Had more walk breaks, but that's ok. Gonna happen I suppose! Heading to the gym for a relaxing swim tonight.

PGR: 23w1d. Feeling pretty good. I grew a ton last week. Kinda ridiculous!!! I feel good though. I can feel C kicking more and more Smile

NPGR: Had a great long weekend. It obviously went by wayyy too fast! I really got to catch up on my sleep, so I feel nice and refreshed today. DH is in Vermont all week for work so I'm flying solo. I will probably enjoy it tonight and tomorrow but then be sick of it. At least I don't need to worry about having a 3 course dinner every night. Leftovers for me! Wink

MA runner girl

Canada - Ha, I just took forever to post my second post! I hope you have a good meeting. Sounds like a tough run, I hate running more than 3-4 on the treadmill, sooo boring. But I suppose it's better than those cold temps!

tayraes

RR- Went on marathon cleaning session on Saturday. Does that count?

PGR- 33 Weeks!! I've started nesting... Which ended up with me cleaning till 11pm on Saturday and then slept very little. Needless to say I was a bit of a grouch at the baby shower. Today I'm not feeling the nicest again. Not really sure what my deal is other than I'm done being pregnant.

PGR#2- I'M SO SICK OF PEOPLES COMMENTS ON WHEN THE BABIES GOING TO COME AND HOW MUCH ITS GOING TO HURT.. REALLY?!?! I heard this soo many time at my baby shower. Let a girl dream that everything is going to go great and that maybe I'll come a little bit before my due date. I know it may not happy and I realize that but let me dream. I'm sooo sick of people and there comments.. "Oh you have a long ways to go...."  Sorry.. I'm obviously not in a good mood. 

NPGR- Its going to be a cold day working outside a good portion of the day. BUT I'm soo happy that the temperatures are starting to fall and stay below 35 degrees. It means the ground will freeze soon and I might be able to actually go to working a 40 hour work week rather than a 60 hour work week.. 

Canada- Your doing awesome with your runs. I feel like my pelvis is splitting in two when I run or lift too much. 

MA- A relaxing swim sounds really nice but unfortunately at this point in my pregnancy I won't be able to fit into any of my swim suits... 

TNesq

Happy Monday ladies!

Canada - I think you were wise to hit the treadmill - that windchill sounds brutal!

MA - Great job on the six miles! Enjoy your leftovers.

tay - I think the marathon cleaning totally counts - it's a lot of bending and movement, right?  Sorry about the comments about the baby/when it's going to come, etc.- that's frustrating.  Why can't people learn that comments like that are not what people want to hear?

PGR: 14w6d. Feeling chunky, plus I somehow gained like 5 lbs in the past two weeks! It's weight I was planning on gaining, but it still was a bit shocking to see the scale shoot up so fast.

RR: Did some shopping yesterday, so that was about the extent of my walking.

NPGR: We had a good holiday and two nice relaxing days Saturday and Sunday.  I've finally caught DH's cold, so that sucks.  DH was all gung ho to do some Christmas shopping yesterday, but was over it after about 20 minutes.  I think I'll end up doing the bulk of Christmas shopping myself.  He made some comment about he'd like to do the Christmas shopping a little bit at a time. Um, I'm not doing that.  I am not braving the holiday crowds over and over and over and buying one or two gifts.  No, I'll take one or two days and knock it all out.  90% of the gifts we buy are for my family anyway, so I don't mind.

Lreasoner

I have no idea if I'm doing this right... Canada: -30 is ridiculous. I would be on the treadmill too. Being on your back is a personal thing for you, it really doesn't have much to do with baby. If you're still comfortable, go for it! Have fun at your prenatal class this evening. MA: Awesome job on the 6 miles and the weekly 16! Walk breaks are perfectly acceptable, lol. My DH did his Reserves training (2 weeks will basically no cell service) while I was at about your stage of pregnancy, and I felt the same way you seem to. It was nice for a couple days, but then it got old. Hope the week flies by for you. Tay: The comments? They get worse. I told some lady in the grocery store yesterday that I was looking forward to the pain of labor because at least I wouldn't be pregnant at the end. So, um, yeah. She walked away confused and maybe a little scared. I totally understand how you're feeling, don't feel guilty. We humans are pregnant for a LONG TIME and it's hard to tolerate just the physical manifestations, let alone everyone's comments and advice. I'm in the same mood too... PGR: 38 weeks today. LABOR CAN START ANY TIME NOW PLEASE AND THANKS. I feel like a whale, I'm either starving or uncomfortably full, baby girl had her feet all up in my ribs all weekend making it impossible to get comfortable... I was 1 cm dilated and 80% effaced on Wednesday, and even though I know it doesn't mean a lot I really am hoping that I go some time is week. RR: MIL's visit consumed basically all my time last week (I won't have to babysit you? Hah.) I did manage to escape on Thanksgiving for 3 miles around the lake, so I'm going to try and do 4 later today. May or may not be possible after all the time off... Probably why I'm feeling like a whale. NPGR: MIL left Saturday morning and DH and I had a blissful weekend where we were able to speak without worrying about hurt feelings or our failings in understanding of childhood development. I hope you all know that if you put your kid in daycare before they're 5 they won't bond with you and have attachment disorders (sarcasm.) Oh, and complaining about not being able to breath? People on beta blockers for blood pressure have it WAY WORSE so don't even bother saying anything... My BP at Wed's appt, after having spent the day with MIL, was 150/110. After 20 minutes in a quiet room without her (the longest break I got during the day when she was visiting) it was 110/72. So glad she left lol...
                CanadaJazz

Lreason: Hahaha, your MIL comments are so true.. And I love your repsonse to people's comments, I'm also very sick of people asking the same questions, even though I know they care.. just gets old fast. We're going to Texas on the 7th so we'll see how my MIL is for 3 weeks straight.. eek.

monk717

OK, so I've had a heck of a time getting a cursor to type a post? And I finally figured out its because you can't just click in the text box, you have to click at the beginning! Duh!

RR: Missed the turkey trot on Thursday, so ran 3 miles on my own. Didn't make it to the gym Friday and had a surprising 5 miles on Saturday. Yesterday I decided to test my luck and try to run again... only made it 1 mile and then finished with 20 mins on the elliptical. A decent workout weekend for sure.

PGR: 26w3d. See NRR. I don't know if I should check in with the doctor... I'd imagine the only real concern is dehydration? I ate a little toast but haven't been drinking much. P is moving a ton though.

NRR: I'm sick :-( So A threw up in the car Thursday morning as we were heading to the turkey trot. She was fine after, so we still went to my family's for dinner later that afternoon. Well she was a little off Friday and then we found out why on Saturday, as she really got sick. Don't know why the two-day delay. She was better Sunday though still having some tummy issues and not eating a ton. But anyway, I had some bouts of nausea over the weekend but thought it was random preggo stuff. I felt odd before going out to lunch yesterday with a friend who is pregnant and due in less than a month, was still able to eat and have a good time and then within a couple hours I was sick sick. Uggh. So I'm home today and DH isn't feeling good this morning either, he told me not to be surprised if he was home with me in a couple hours.

Other than that, we had a fun weekend with dinner at my family's Thursday, then I made our own family Thanksgiivng dinner and we put up our Christmas tree Friday. Had a low-key day Saturday with Allie and then I had lunch with my friend Sunday before I got sick.

Yesterday I bought a Christmas stocking kit for baby P. I cross stitched A's and started it well before she was thought of and finished a few days before her first Christmas. So I figure with 13 months until P's first Christmas I better get started! I started working on it last night and might do a little later if I feel up to it.

schmetterling

Oooh I like this so much better already!

RR - "ran" my last 5K of the season. This was the first time I participated in a fun run rather than one for time. Kind of a bummer bc the only refreshments were hot chocolate (I'm dairy and gluten free) and beer (pass obviously). So people lined up for the start toting their beer glasses and I ran/walked it as much as you can packed like sardines. And wearing all my layers I got warm really quick. It was only supposed to be a high of 32 and we were literally right next to the lake, making it brutal, but I was fine til I stopped moving. Then my hands went numb lol.

PGR - My MIL sweetly went out and got me a bunch of maternity clothes on sale. That was so nice of her!

NPGR - DS got up eleven billion times last night and kept crawling across my stomach. Not cool, kid, not cool. Not sure what that was all about. He's never like this. Needless to say my patience is super thin right now.

Canada - Good job on the run even if it wasn't the pace you wanted. And good job on Jillian. I need to find an exercise DVD that will push me but I'm so bored of Jillian.

MA - Enjoy your solo time and leftovers. 16 miles, that's impressive!

Tay - Screw all those people. I just tuned a lot of that out, but it's handy to have a few comebacks to really shut people down (that aren't family or close friends) when they're being ignorant and stupid. I know to them it's making conversation, but seriously.

TN - Sorry to hear you've got a cold. I am watching my weight gain too. Nothing yet, but given the pan of brownies I'm stress eating to get through today and yesterday I'm sure I'll pay for it down the line.

Monk - Ugh sorry to hear about the bug. I just went through that and my pregnant exercise buddy did too. I didn't get the puking version though, so I was able to hydrate. I think a check in with your dr. can't hurt, just to make sure you're on the safe side. Hope you bounce back quickly.

Ozzyoi

Oh right, to the top of the screen to reply...

This is a much cleaner look I have to say!

PGR: 31w today - into the single digit countdown - and if tall, slim, CJazz thinks she's huge then I'm "huge-er"!! Feeling mostly good, SPD still occasionally an issue though more in the evenings. I haven't had any BH that I'm aware of yet, though the girl 3wks behind at work has. Have my mw appt today (onto the every other week thing now!), interested to see how my weight gain is, I suspect around 17lbs? Slightly disappointed to see some of that appears to have moved from my belly to the top of my thighs Smile  Oh, and my maternity swimsuit died after just two months of chlorinated abuse...so i had to go out and get another tacky one yesterday to survive just 2 more months...

RR:  swim Saturday, yesterday 45min elliptical and 30min strength work (didn't do any while away so easing back into it); today...probably an elliptical "run"...

NRR: been fighting to avoid getting the cold that my family and DH had while I was away...so far it has attacked my weakest part - my throat - but my nose is clear; I'm downing garlic and apple cider juice (with actual apple and carrot juice) and it's a bit of a shock to the stomach but if it works I'm willing to hold it down!

NRR2 - Our flight back from OZ went better than on the way, I maybe got 2hrs sleep but at least it was on a full stomach thanks to the delicious food served in Premium economy! Returned to typical dreary Vancouver weather but I should be okay with that for a little while after all the sunshine I got in Oz. It was great to see family again, I hate saying goodbye to my Mum but...once it's done I know she and I settle back into our routine better with each passing visit.

NRR3 - Returned to find I too have an offer to move to Victoria for work...now that we're back we have 6 weeks to get ourselves organised, though i will likely stay at the house an extra 2 weeks after the baby is born. We haven't spoken to our relocations person yet but I suspect they will make us do a full relocate and sell our house if we are to get any money from them, even though there is no guarantee DH and I will "qualify" at the new location (takes around 8mths of training) and I won't be starting for another 18mths (due to maternity leave, then 6mths travel already planned with the company).

OK...onto catching up with you all!

Ozzyoi

CJazz - Blergh to the tm run, I guess you'll get a few more days like that now, you've had an awesome run of workouts up til this point. I can't believe how much snow you have already! Enjoy your meeting...

MA - nice work on the running! Can't wait til I can do a 6 mile run again, though it'll be a while yet! Enjoy your leftovers and peace - and sleep, lucky you, my sleep has been sporadic!

Tay - Oh so totally hear you on people's comments, I am already prepped to start putting my hand up and telling people I don't want to hear it, in fact I should have been doing more of that til now. I am very much like you - "let me work things out my way and perhaps I'll prove you naysayers wrong..." Oh - and I saw you 60hr work week thing last week - seriously that is just NUTS, it makes me mad for you. Oh and to finish on a good note, I thought you really looked wonderful in your pg photo you posted a week or so ago.

TN - ah, gotta love that rollercoaster weight gain...Christmas shopping is a brave task to tackle, one I avoid Smile i hope the cold passes quickly.

LR - haha on your MIL comments, actually hilarious! Hopefully you can claim "PPD - don't come near my baby" for at least a year after LO is born....which i hope is soon for you!

Monk - great work on the running/workouts! Sorry to hear about the stomach bug, hopefully you are through the worst of it now.

Schmett - I am gluten/mostly dairy - free too...I wish more events would cater to that but I understand why they don't..still, sounded like a fun run. Does DS normally sleep in the same bed as you? Sounds like he should be encouraged to worm his way over daddy instead Smile

CanadaJazz

Welcome back Ozzy! I wondered how your trip back was, I always hate coming back to cold Canada after being somewhere warm.. then again Vancouver might be the best place to be if you are here all winter! I just wanted to comment on your garlic taking - in my fam if we are sick we boil some water, chop up some garlic and suck it down.. I tried it with my husband and he gagged/ couldn't do it.. same with my sister in law, so now they think we're totally crazy, but it works! hope it works well for you !

sashannadelina

SO much better! Glad a couple of you had this idea.

RR: Well, did not get in as much working out this weekend as I wanted to. Friday I managed to toss around the frisbee with DH and a few of his cousins, but it was nothing strenuous. Saturday was a lot of nothing. Sunday afternoon was good. I went to the gym after our 5 hour drive home and actually ran 3 miles. I toned down the intensity a bit since I hadn't run in a couple of weeks and was worried about feeling the consequences later. I wore the band for the first time and was SO glad I had it. It kept me from needing to pee and almost completely eliminated the RLP. However I may have had it on too tight as I felt like it was pushing all my insides up under my ribcage, which created a lot of pressure up there. I'll have to try and get the hang of it.

PGR: 24w4d. Can't believe how close I am to the end of second trimester! I have not weighed myself since the last time I went to the midwife. I have gained weight in my thighs and butt and I do not want to know how much. I may wait until I go in for my next appointment to find out how much the damage is. I'm scared!

NPRG: The long weekend with family was great and very relaxing. We went to an Amish farm and got ridiculously good homemade ice cream there (which I ate way too much of!). DH's Aunt made awesome coffee cake and other holiday breads, which I ate a bunch of too. I felt like in general I didn't overeat, but I did have a ton of coffee and bread, which I will probably regret next appointment. The only unfortunate part of the visit was sleeping on an airmattress. I have no problem with that normally, but my body ached so much being preggo. I could not get comfortable and DH was sad that the only comfortable position for me was not good for cuddling. I am SO happy to have my bed back!

Canada: Sorry the run was hard! Good job on Jillian! It is true that I have stopped doing all her intervals that require extensive work on my back, but if it feels comfortable then it is probably fine. Hope the class goes well. I think when I do mine it is only one day and it is like 8 hours. Ugh!

MA: Flying solo is hard for a whole week. I agree though, the first day or so is fun! 16 miles! Awesome! And great job on six today.

Tay: I can't believe you are working so many hours so consistently. Ugh! I hope for your sake that it gets cold for you soon so you can work less. And people are so stupid in the things they comment. There is this one guy who is a temp and works for us occasionally if we can't get enough of our own staff and he annoys me SO much! He is always telling me what I can and can't eat etc. I am like, "Seriously Dude! Just cause you got a bunch of women pregnant does not mean you can say anything to a woman when it comes to pregnancy!"

TN: I totally understand about getting all the shopping done with. I hate shopping in crowds even when not preggo. Now it exhausts me even more!

LReasoner: OMG! What horrors about your MIL! I am so sorry for you and so happy for your sake that she is gone. Anything that makes your blood pressure that high cannot be good for LO or you! Glad you got to spend some relaxing time with DH afterwards.

Schmett: Sounds like your MIL could give LReasoner's some lessons! Boy, your run sounds cold! I have been near lake Michigan, but only in April, and it was plenty cold then. I can't imagine November! DH is applying to North Western. I feel bad saying this, but I hope he doesn't get in. I do NOT want to move anywhere cold!

Monk: Yay for a great workout weekend! Sounds like you're staying in great shape! So sorry for the yucky sickness. Get some rest and hope you feel better very soon!

Ozzy: Wow, your cold-fighting concoction sounds intense! I don't know if I could do it! Glad it seems to have prevented anything worse than the throat for now. +1 on saying bye to Mom. I miss my mom like crazy. Often all I want is just to sit and have a cup of coffee and chat with her.

MA runner girl

Glad you all made it over!

Tayra - Cleaning definitely counts! I'm sorry people are making annoying comments. I'm already getting annoyed and I'm barely showing / only 23 weeks! It's ridiculous the things people think they can say to someone just because they are pregnant. Like how would "wow you are really getting big now" really have any business coming out of anyone's mouth, even if I am growing a baby!

TN - Guess the babies are going through a growth spurt Smile Probably a good idea to just do the shopping without DH. We usually only get gifts for DH's family so I let him handle that mostly, but we usually get it done in one shot, so much easier!

Lreasoner - Ugh, I feel the uncomfortable full or really hungry already! I can't imagine what it's going to be like in a few months! Sending you labor vibes, hope it happens sooner rather than later! Sorry about the MIL issues, sounds SO annoying.

Monk - Definitely make sure you get lots of water in! Try gaterade too, that might be easier to stomach. I know when I was having my "all day" sickness it helped to drink something that wasn't as plain as water.

schmetterling - So nice of your MIL to get you some pregnancy clothes! Great job with the 5k! So it was the first time you've run without thinking about time, or was the race not timed or anything?

Ozzy - Welcome back Smile Where did you get your swimsuit, is it just a bigger size of a regular one? I really need to get a bigger one before I start giving everyone a show! LOL I hope you can keep the sickness away!

Sasha - I had a terrible time sleeping on an air mattress at 17w, I can't imagine now! Glad you are back in your bed. I'm only weighing myself at the midwife appts too. I feel like I've already gained several pounds since my apt on the 15th! I'm glad the band helped so much!