Womens Running

Winter Wallop Wednesday - Supermoms (Read 14 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ER - ST at the gym.  I only did hot yoga last week, no ST and my shoulders already feel flabby.

TR - he's pretty good at his name now, so we're working on last names.  Well, he does get it to some extent, because my mom asked him, "what's mommy's name?" "Mommy Scott!" "what's daddy's name?" "Daddy Scott!" "what's Bryden's last name?" *crickets*

FR - supposedly healthy general tso's chicken, broccoli, brown rice.

I am officially very very sick of winter.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runnergirl9508

zorbs: I agree- go the eff away winter. It's been so cold for so long. Blah. Cute about B knowing last names. Have a good ST session.

RR: Bootcamp+ a run afterwards. Probably short, 3-5 miles. We got some snow overnight, maybe 3-4", definitely not the 10-14" predicted.

TR: wild man after dinner last night- he ran around the house with DH about a million times. Hoping to take him outside to play in te snow today.

NRR: need to grocery shop soon. Maybe tomorrow.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Erniegirl

RR - 16k. Another snow storm run. Yesterday's recovery 8k turned into 5k with an all out sprint home at the end because, from about a km away, I saw the collection truck heading towards my street and remembered that we had not put our recycling and compost out yet. Luckily we live at the back of the street, so I was able to beat the truck 

TR - Woke up from her nap yesterday, let out a big yawn and said "Baby need coffee"

FR - Sesame crusted chicken, roasted potatoes, carrots and watermelon radish

NRR - About 5 cm of snow fell overnight and another 10 cm is supposed to fall this morning. So not a huge storm, but the banks are already so high it is getting hard to shovel the driveway! Taking S to the community centre today for drop in play.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - 5ish miles recovery on the TM at lunch.  It was effing cold last night.

TR - saw her for about 2 minutes last night, got a nice big hug though, she had a fun time w/ gma.  Going to a preschool open house after work tonight, and another at the local Montessori preschool on Saturday.  I hope we like one of them bc I don't have any other's lined up to go look at.  I also am sorta hoping that one of them has space for 1-2 days per week right away, just to get her doing something more interesting and challenging.

BR - didn't see her yesterday.

FR - have slow cooker bolognaise, just have to cook some noodles when we get home.

NRR - tired!  Woke up a half hour before my alarm... I'm off on Friday and am really looking forward to a day alone, my mom tried to say she was free to do something but I just want a day to do some things around the house, and to be less busy, I'm feeling a little run off my feet the last couple weeks.

zorbs - does B know your first names?  Every once in a while M will call me or DH by ours, she thinks it's funny

RG - glad you didn't get as much snow.  I'm with you and zorbs, I usually don't mind winter, but it's really getting old, and there's at least another month left.

Ernie - the snow banks here are crazy in places, way over my head!  LOL on your sprint home!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  Spin after work.  Might try to squeeze in a couple miles before.

BR:  I have decided that there is a higher being some where that has decided that DH and I need to be punished for something and that is being done through our children.  Maybe its all the premarital sex that we are being punished for.  I don't know....but man, this kid needs to learn to SLEEP.  I went to bed at 9 last night after falling asleep in the recliner.  1st wake up...10PM.  Yep.  Awesome.

TR:  I feel like I didn't see him much last night even though I was home.  Such a busy little boy that never stops moving or talking.  I sure do love seeing his face when I get home though.  He always has a big hug for me and asks me if I had a good run.

NRR:  One of my classes is on a field trip today, so I am hoping to get something done during that "extra" time.  We shall see.

FR:  Greek pizza last night, but it was missing the feta and tomatoes which was disappointing.  Just didn't taste the same.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - the best thing to do when they are being wild is to let them be wild outside.

ernie - I should have shovelled the plow leavings when I got home from the gym this morning, but was lazy and did the old wide turn and floor it to get into my driveway Smile

CA - when does M start school? we only got the half day/2x a week that we wanted at the preschool because it was mornings only.  If you want full days here then you can't choose how many days you go.  B only knows first names when he parrots back DH and I saying it to each other, he hasn't said it spontaneously on his own.

mer - is the pizza even greek without feta and tomatoes?

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

mer - working and having a baby at home would be SOOO hard, I hope he starts sleeping better soon.  Greek without feta or tomatoes, doesn't sound greek at all.

zorbs - we don't have JK, just regular K, so next fall she will do preschool, but they don't have full day preschool, I'm hoping to do 3 half days, and am hoping maybe 2 half days now, then in 2015 she'll start real K, but I think it's just half days also - but they have an afternoon care option in the school that we can sign up for.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

CA - when I lived in Edmonton, I went to Montessori from ages 3-5.  Skipped K altogether and started grade 1 at age 6.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - yep, same with the Montessori near our house, it would be for age 4-5 and then she'd go to public school for grade 1.  If we like the program, it seems to have the best hours and is only a 3 minute drive from our house.

beckykay

Zorbs:  Ditto, sick of winter.  I will gladly move straight on to summer without complaining.  C gets the last name concept but calls me by my first name rather than Mommy.  People comment all the time that they can't believe I let him call me by my first name.  Uh, I didn't teach him that - he just does it.  I'd rather him be able to tell someone what my name is rather than just Mommy in the case of an emergency.

RG:  Have fun in the snow today!

Ernie:  LOL on needing coffee, C told me yesterday that he would like coffee and milk for breakfast today Wink

CA:  a day home alone sounds like heaven!

Mer:  bwahahahahahaha!  I am being punished as well, STILL.  That monster was up three times last night.  I told him he's not allowed to come in my room until the sun is up!

Ok, time for speech - will be back later for more.

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Hopefully. Its 2 degrees outside right now and the gym is always closed the first Wednesday of the month for cleaning/maintenance.

TR: Took him to ice cream with EMRP's daughter. It takes FOREVER to go anyplace with him because he farts around and dawdles so much that its a 5 minute process just to get him into the car.

FR: Last night was leftover roasted chicken, roasted spaghetti squash, asparagus and baked potatoes.

NRR: Have a work lunch thing in the next town over today, I feel like I've been eating out a lot. Bossman went to the SeaHawk's victory parade thingy in Seattle today so its just me here.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- We've been doing the same thing with last names, however R is possessive about our last name and if I say I am Mommy <lastname>, he gets mad and says, no! Reid <lastname>!

RG- I have not been very good about taking R outside to play this winter. Looking forward to next year when I can just let him roam around the yard.

CA- did you ever hear back from that company? Sorry you didn't get to see much of the girls last night, I always feel guilty when that happens.  LOL I never started school until the 2nd grade. My mom homeschooled us before that (my sister did K, mom pulled her out and she didn't go back to public school until 5th grade when my parents divorced).

ernie- hahahaha the last thing S needs is coffee!

mer- how does one make greek pizza without feta and olives?!  I'm so sorry about the lack of sleep, H sounds like how R was Sad

Becky- I wouldn't mind winter if we had some sun, its so friggin dreary all the time!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runninmer

Well, maybe I should have said we had the intention of making Greek pizza, but were missing the feta and tomatoes so it ended up with just turkey, parsley, olives, and mozzarella cheese.

zorbs - J is cute when you ask him his name he just says his middle and last name.  But he will say H's full name.  I will hop on the sick of winter train.  It sucks in so many ways.

rg - I am amazed at how much energy J has in the evenings.  He literally hops around the house.

ernie - Have fun at the community center.  Is there a group of moms that you know well that goes there also?

CAR - I WISH I could run during my lunch.  I would be able to spend so much more time at home then.  Oh well.  Yeah, working with an infant that doesn't sleep and will only calm from the boob is a lot.  But we are making it work.  Lots of coffee for me in the am.  Although, I am wondering if I should cut it out for a week and see if that makes a difference.

becky - I just keep praying that he will eventually sleep like J does.  Down at 8 and up around 7.  That would be awesome to have both boys on that schedule.

spike - Yeah, these toddlers take for.ev.er to do things.  Very annoying.  Your FR sounds pretty good.  I hope you have a nice quiet day at the office and get lots done.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

superspike113

Honorary Old

FR2- Ok so DH voted for pulled pork for the dinner meeting thing we are hosting on Monday. Side dishes? Green salad and beans? GF brownies for dessert?  Or I was thinking of making corn pudding maybe.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

FR2- Ok so DH voted for pulled pork for the dinner meeting thing we are hosting on Monday. Side dishes? Green salad and beans? GF brownies for dessert?  Or I was thinking of making corn pudding maybe.

coleslaw.