Womens Running

WELCOME WEDNESDAY DIVAS! (Read 12 times)

SassySparky

So glad that Hump Day is finally here!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

SassySparky

RR: Rest day! Usually I lift weights on Wed, but I wanted to sleep in a little bit. I might do some easy ST tonight because tomorrow I'm doing a magic mile time trial and I don't want to compromise my legs!

NRR: Took 2 Tylenol PMs and slept for 8.5 hours! I might do the same tonight and really get caught up on the sleep I missed out on Monday night. Working and getting a bunch of new experiments started, I'm excited to move forward into some new areas. I need a change! Other than that, just family time! We are going to Florida to visit my mom over Labor Day weekend (she lives between Ocala and the Gulf Coast in a small town) and so we're trying to figure out what to do while down there. With that, and a wedding in PA, I have two big weekends of travel coming up in September and I'm trying to figure out what to do about long runs. Any advice? Should I just grin and bear it and get them done during the week?

OJewel

Morning ladies.

Sassy- I'd do the long runs Friday before you leave if that's possible. I never seem to get them done in an unfamiliar location when I have stuff to do, like a wedding or visiting. Glad you got caught up on sleep!

RR- well. Did 1 mile on the TM. Hip is improving, but felt weird part way through so I didn't want to push it. I will try for a longer run tomorrow. Sigh.

NRR- meetings to the max today. Just ready to go home honestly. Ill try to leave today around 5. I want my home and my DBF. I'm such a baby, I've only been away for one day, lol.

Have a great day!

MA runner girl

Morning!

RR: So I woke up itching for a run, so that means my self imposed break will end at 3 days off. Looking forward to a 3 mile run tonight.

NRR: Had a good time at my grandparents. I probably should have stayed home and done chores/laundry/grocery shopping. But oh well. Family is more important, right? Can't wait to actually have time to do things like that. Anyways, no plans tonight, which I'm glad for. I have my second cookie order for a Jack and Jill this weekend. I'm making pacman ghosts! So excited. I'm hoping the cookie cutter I ordered is here today or tomorrow so I can get started!

Sassy - I'm going to have a similar problem coming up as we are going away for weddings and are just plan busy for the next month. Thankfully i have Friday's off. I would probably try to squeeze them in during the week. I know it's harder with marathon LRs though.

Jewel - I could NEVER travel for work. I'm a baby too. I hope the day goes quickly so you can get home!! Hope the hip is 100% so you ca nget back to training.

My boss just stopped by and we talked for a half hour... It's our last day in the office together because she's off next week!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

MA runner girl

ignore

POrun

Happy Hump Day!!!!

RR: Running 4 tonight with DH. Swam 1600yds this morning.

NRR: Yesterday was a terrible day, so today must be much better!!! I think anything that could have wrong, tried to! I wasn't going to go to my friend's wedding in Mexico, but last minute DH told me to go with the other girls going solo and just enjoy the long weekend. So, I'll be going in November!

Meli: Unfortunately, my going to Mexico means I won't be doing Miami Man. I didn't think my biking would be good enough to want to throw myself into an olympic this fall, so I'm going to do Motivation Man in Jupiter (sprint/mini) in October and Battle of the Bridges locally in Sept. I'd still like to see your race if we can, it would be the weekend before Mexico... We need to plan some spring tris though that we can both do once you recover and get some motivation back after your IM!

Sassy: I totally opted for sleeping in yesterday. Some days that is the best decision. Glad you got some more sleep. I'd get the long runs done during the week if you think you won't be able to during the weekend. I usually try to do them on travel, but my travel usually means better weather since I'm usually going north... It all depends on how much time you actually think you'll have and motivation to get out and do them early before the family gets moving too much.

OJ: Glad your hip is starting to feel better. Oy, at least meetings make the day fly by!

MA: I hope you feel good on your 3 miles tonight!!! Glad you had fun at your grandparents last night too.

Happy Wednesday! I'll try to get more personals later today.

SassySparky

I'm so annoyed with Birdie lately. She barks at everything and has been scaring G. And she's been a little neurotic, despite going on daily walks and a few short runs each week. And I couldn't get her in to her crate this morning, so I missed my bus!

MA - aww, I bet you'll miss your boss! I think I'm going to end up doing the LRs on a weekday morning and going in to work a little late. I'll be so tired and grouchy at work, though, hahah! Enjoy your run tonight!

Jewel - yeah that's what I'm thinking. I'll have to leave work early those days because of flying out in the afternoons, so I might just go in early, leave after our Friday morning meeting and do the runs in the mid-morning. I hope this hip thing clears up!!!

PO -  I'm glad you'll get to go to your friend's wedding! None of my friends have gotten married anywhere like Mexico or Nicaragua, I'm jealous Wink I always have to go to small towns near Pittsburgh. I think I could do my LR over labor day weekend while I'm visiting family with no problem (they really only care about G anyway, hahah) but the one during the wedding weekend is a no go because we'll be driving all over western PA (see, no exciting wedding destinations!).

gsdrunner

Morning!

Sassy: Glad to hear you got some sleep. SOrry to hear about Birdie.... I think pups go through phases of everything is okay to let me be a spas-monkey.  Is there a new family in the area with a pet?

MA:  Enjoy your 3 tonight. Glad the time with your grandparents went well.  LOL on the comment on laundry,etc. As a SAHM you think you will have more time but sometimes you just dont. I have learned to let go of some of my OCD with the house unless DH is home to watch M.  I have actually started asking him to take her outside so I can actually pick something up with her rearrange it 5 secs later Smile

OJ:  Travel with a day full of meetings is tough. I hated it.  I did like traveling for work, but not a lot.

RR: NOt much will do something today. DH & I are working on schedule to keep in shape with hiking but also we want to starting rock climbing so we will need to take classes and build some muscle.

NRR: NOt too much, we made it home early in the morning 1 am ish. We went all the down 95 instead of using a side route, which is the same amount of time -- just less lights and stops.  Yard work, interviews and getting back to normal. I think we will head into the Shenandoah Mts. is weekend for some simple hikes. We are working towards Mt. Mitchell and Big Tom in September.

lizo_77

hi ladies!

So not feeling it.

NRR: work. meeting at 8.30 and not prepared and not in the mood. Sigh. Maybe I need more coffee.

RR: run tonght - just 2 miles. wasn't motivated to get up and run. seeing a theme. lol.

sassy: good luck with the new experiments! way to get some extra rest and extra sleep.

OJ: not a baby at all! I'm the same way! good luck getting out at 5 so you can get home!

MA: good luck with the cookie order! so cool! hope the cookie cutter that you need arrives!

gsd: ouch! late night for you. good luck getting into the normal swing of things again!

outwestrunner

Morning, ladies.

RR: SRD. I have yoga down for my XT but I'm not sure I will get to it. Didn't get to ST last night, either. Maybe it's a moot week for XT?

NRR: Working from home again this morning, trying to get this other report off my desk so I can start on yet another one that is due to the client in 5 days. Not sure that will happen. Ugh. I might be working this weekend, which I think I will be okay with, so long as it just gets things over with.

Sassy - I take melatonin to help me sleep, and it works well.

Jewel - I hear you about the travel. Maybe it's the just the type of work I do, but once I get out there working, it's easier for me not to think about home.

MA - Are you training for a half?

PO - Glad your Tuesday is over with.

GSD - I love that you all have these hikes planned already.

Lizo - I hear you loud and clear. Ugh.

MA runner girl

Ok this is getting ridiculous. I ate my breakfast a half hour ago: about a cup of scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese and ham on a wheat english muffin and some watermelon. And I'm starving. Shocked

Outwest - Yes, I'm training for a half on 9/28. Hopefully my little break does not negatively impact me! At least you can WAH right?

Sassy - I will miss my boss. She's been my mentor for the last 6 years!

PO jealous of your mexican wedding! SOunds like agreat time away with friends.

GSD - LOL I need to stop saying I will have all this time for everything! I know that's not true, but at least I'll have MORE time than I do now, which feels like NONE because when I'm home I really do want to just spend time with C or sleep. Enjoy your smaller hikes!

Liz - Sounds like you need a vacation Smile Good luck getting through the day.

gsdrunner

MA: I can say... your stress level will drop.  Smile

SassySparky

OWR - I take melatonin too, and I love it. I took Tylenol PM last night because I am extra stressed and knew I needed all the help I could get.

Morning, ladies.

RR: SRD. I have yoga down for my XT but I'm not sure I will get to it. Didn't get to ST last night, either. Maybe it's a moot week for XT?

NRR: Working from home again this morning, trying to get this other report off my desk so I can start on yet another one that is due to the client in 5 days. Not sure that will happen. Ugh. I might be working this weekend, which I think I will be okay with, so long as it just gets things over with.

Sassy - I take melatonin to help me sleep, and it works well.

Jewel - I hear you about the travel. Maybe it's the just the type of work I do, but once I get out there working, it's easier for me not to think about home.

MA - Are you training for a half?

PO - Glad your Tuesday is over with.

GSD - I love that you all have these hikes planned already.

Lizo - I hear you loud and clear. Ugh.

melrunner

Morning girls! I'm glad I combined my 2900 yard swim and 8 mile run last night so I could sleep in this morning and have an extra rest day since today is a longer day!! Received my two new pairs of Kayanos so I am set for the next 7 months or so!! I'm starting to get really nervous about IMFL. My swimming confidence got totally busted since I got my big fast DNF last year in Coz. I just hope I can finish this year and don't experience the same crap I experienced last year....

I have to volunteer tonight so I have a long night, and DH and I want to get our 8 mile run in tomorrow at 6am or so since we are busy in the evening.

PO, Mexico sounds fun! Where in Mexico? I think we have extra room in PCB!! I'll send you an email!!

MA, Glad you had a great time at your grandparents last night.

Sassy, I love running in new places so I'm all for doing LR's anywhere I go especially since it's almost always cooler than here!! (exactly what Po said!!)

Lizo, You need another vacay!

Jewel, Did you make an appointment for a sports massage?

Outwest, Enjoy yoga or resting tonight.

GSD, I love your hiking pics!

NorCal

Morning girls!

Missed posting the last few days!

Jewel- So sorry about your hip pain. I would suggest getting a sports massage, ASAP. Hopefully they can find something tight to work out. It could be piriformis, IT, etc. Icing is good, and resting is too! I've had bursitis, years ago, and couldn't run (or walk) for 3 months. The only thing that cured it, after 3 months of PT, was acupuncture. I hope yours isn't too serious!!!

Sassy- Glad you got some good sleep last night, it's so important!!! For long runs on vacation, any way you can do them before you leave? and do a shorter run on vacation? Like switch two of your runs?

MA- Can't believe you're almost done with work! So exciting. Tomorrow is my last week too, then I'm all self-employed, which sometimes feels like being unemployed! lol.

gsd- Welcome home! Hope you had a blast in the mountains! Wish we could meet up for a hike weekend sometime!

OWR- Hope you don't have to work too much this weekend! Maybe a little break from ST will be good?

Meli- Your workouts are amazing. I'm sure you will ROCK IMFL!!!! How close is it to where you live?

RR. Had a good track workout last night: 1 ml warm up, 6x400, 4x200, 1 ml cool down. I was a little slower then I normally am, but assuming the hiking this weekend plus the recovery from the half marathon, had something to do with that. Today, just core, arms, maybe some legs, and a dog walk tonight.

NRR. Our backpacking trip was great, but we had to cut it short because a huge thunderstorm moved right in over us. We were camping at 8,200 feet elevation on granite by the lake, so if lightening struck near us, we'd be toast. So we decided to quickly pack up and hike out, but were heading right into the storm, with lightening all around us in the forest. It was pretty frightening. And poor L was so tired and could have used another night of rest before hiking out. He has really been showing his age since we got home and we feel bad for pushing him too hard. Sad From now on, we just need to know his limits. He had a blast at the lake though, lots of swimming and laying in the sun!

Working from home today, have a big list of personal and business stuff to do! Next week is my last week as an employee! Training the new girl Tues/Thurs and then we leave for Mt. Shasta Friday morning. We'll be in Shasta throughout Labor Day weekend, visiting MIL who had her surgery. Also some other friends will be there for a triathlon, so we'll go cheer them on.

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34