Womens Running

Still Full TUESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 22 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

So.much.food.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

8.2 for me this morning. Heading to body pump at some point today..either the morning class or evening.

Good run! Ankle didn't bother me but I was having some tight calves. I knew some of these aches and pains were going to come with doing back to back 50 mile weeks. I have never done it before so..we my body is like EXCUSE ME. Smile

We had a great Christmas. HCBF spent way too much money on me. So much so I am thinking about getting him a few more things. I felt bad! Ugh. Especially since my birthday is right around the corner. Christmas with family was awesome - just a long day. We got there at 8am and didn't leave until 8pm. Fun day with a yummy breakfast, YUMMY TURKEY dinner and spending time with little Emerson. I love Christmas - and spending time with family. The day was exhausting - we got home and passed out at 9.

I am sad its over!! HCBF and I are doing Christmas with his family on Friday which will be fun! I am hoping to maybe get out to a few stores today to shop some deals Smile

Kilmisters - I hope you get some cold temperatures soon! Hairy fake hair leg leggings? LOL. Hmm..I am interested in seeing a picture of those headphones. I would love to have ear phones that weren’t actually in the ear. Then they wouldn’t fall out! Nice run yesterday - I agree - no amount of miles will burn off what I have been eating the past few days either! Have fun on the run today! OH I got my facemask for Christmas! Thought of you Smile

Diane - Wow, nice job on the 3 miles and 10,000 steps!

Kathryn - Hope you were able to get out for a run! Those temps you had were awesome Smile

Docket - Oh no, I hope you got a better night sleep last night!

Marjorie - Lucky you getting a kitchen aid mixer! Those are so nice! I am surprised you didnt already have one with all the baking you do. So cute about your boys and their gifts Smile You spoil them! I don’t feel bad spoiling Ruger now. Smile You had quite a long day on Christmas Eve! Hope you had some time to relax a bit yesterday!

Karen - Okay, I am laughing about your and DH’s gifts! LOL. That is too funny!! I didn’t know they had Christmas cookies for dogs!

Run4kucapkes - I think men always think bigger is better. Wink

Tessa - LOL at your Wal-mart comment. You are 100% right though! Nice job “holding your own” Smile I wouldn’t expect anything less. Hope you were able to relax some yesterday! I thought running yesterday was awesome because you are right, no one was out.

Hi Carol!

I will probably go into carb withdrawal today. LOL.

Happy Tuesday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

LC Runs

Happy Day after Christmas!

I will run later today and inside.  It is negative degrees here today, ugh.  Just 1 insurance mile yesterday.

Had a nice Christmas, my mom and her hubs got here around noon and we ate, opened gifts, talked and watched Christmas Vacation.  They left early evening then I went up to their hotel and chit chatted with my mom for a couple of hours.  They are supposed to head home today but they live in a snow belt and the weather looks pretty dicey so they may stay another day.

Lizzie - sounds like you had a fabulous Christmas, so happy for you!  And nice Xmas run and 8.2 today!

Elina - omg, Baby K is so adorable!!  I will send you our cold temps 

Diane - great 3 and 10,000 steps yesterday, I am hoping to make it to 3 miles on the TM today.

Kat - hope it's warmer for you today!

Damaris - did you get more sleep last night?

Marjorie - whoo hoo on the Kitchen Aid!!

Karen - sounds like an awesome Christmas!!  One of the teams at work has worked together for 20 years and both this year and last year they bought each other the exact same thing LOL!

Hi Kupcakes!!

Tessa - Cool that you and your sister sing together!!  The thing that cracks me up about that Walmart commercial is that when the men go in to pick up their last minute gifts, there is never anyone else in line, they just go right to the customer service person.  Umm, even when it's not the holidays, there is usually a lengthy line at Walmart!

Hi Carol - Merry Christmas!!

Going to try and get the house put back together today but not much else other than staying warm!

dhuffman63

Trails

Elina, what a cutie pie.  She's adorable.  You are welcome to our cold temps also.

Lizzie, guys seem to like spending on their sweeties.  Let it be.  If you like sparkly things he will enjoy watching you wear them and know he did good.

Damaris, hope your sleep is better.

Kat, hope you enjoyed your "cold front"

Karen, so funny about the gifts, seems you both think alike.  Nice coffee maker.

Marjorie that's a  nice present for the baker!

Tessa, how nice you and your sister are in choir together.

DH seems over his flu and now I have a headache.  Could be cause I'm back at work...lol.  I took a rest day yesterday and hope to get back into it tonight.  There's still snow on the ground and the high today is supposed to be 35.  I'm already freezing in my office.  I can't wait for summer.

Hi to everyone!

Half Crazy K 2.0

LCRuns, I've ordered Walmart pick up before and walked right up to the counter. And then stood there for what seemed like an eternity because there were no employees (smiling or otherwise) anywhere near the area.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Kilmisters, little K is so cute! She looks like she's getting ready for floorball! 

Friday was around 50 degrees so I dashed out and ran the trail for 45 minutes. A very light mist was kind of blowing around. By the end of the run it was misting in waves, gradually trying to turn into rain. I got myself home before it did that.

Saturday was SDO with some yoga and meditation

Sunday DC and I went to the gym. I did some sprints and finished 45 minutes of running. I also got in some yoga.

Christmas Day was nice and SDO (except for some yoga).

Today I plan some yoga and perhaps some cardio. Yesterday I dropped an empty jar on the toes of my left foot. I iced immediately and it helped a lot. I’ll see how they like shoes this morning when I go off to the store.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

dhuffman63

Trails

Oh no Judy, hope they are all right.

Wonder how Sandy is enjoying her beach.

Vicki, I hope you had a nice visit to the beach also.  I miss living in FL where I could go to the beach whenever I wanted.

HCK, I've never done the pickup thing....Walmart is a mess no matter when I go. I did do layaway one year when the kids were small....never again.

Well just signed up for my first 50k for next year.  The Angry Bull on June 23rd.  I got a 20% off code and it's on the rail trail I did the 36 Hours of Jack.  I want revenge for having to drop to the 25k.  I was going to do the Mustang Run trail marathon in June but it is $95 plus a hotel whereas this one with the discount is only $60 and it's only an hour away so no hotel is needed.  Every bit I can save between now and time to sign up for the Brazos Bend means it's more likely to happen.  I'll sign up for the Flint Hills on the 2nd and get the early cost there too.  Now to train.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 7 with 3 @ MP, I assume the first 4 with hubby and then the 3 wherever (hoping for outside).  I slept a bit more than the night before but not as much as I wanted to.

Lizzie, nice run.  Glad the ankle behaved.

Laura, enjoy the run outside, if that's even possible in those temps.

Diane, hoping the headache is just that and not the flu.

HCK, sounds like a typical Walmart, lol.

Judy, ouch at the foot!  Hoping it's nothing major.

Elina, she is so cute!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

dhuffman63

Trails

Damaris, I'll be so unhappy if it's the flu.  I'm trying hard to get back into training.  I want to do my first event at the Flint Hills trail marathon on Apr 21.  My kidney values are looking good again and I'm ready to start.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, nice run!  Glad you had such a nice day yesterday with HCBF and your family.  Sweet.  Smile

Laura, nice your Mom/her DH were able to come.  Better safe to stay.  Negative out, brrrrrrrr.

Diane, train indeed, me too...  When Brazos opens up, I will let you know when there is a discount.  He usually puts them out.  There is one now, but for the April race.

Judy, ouch on the foot.  Hope it doesn't slow you down any.

Damaris, glad you slept better, though not great.

Just got back from a short run/walk.  Walked the first mile, ran/walked the second.  It was OK at best.  I can tell I have been sick.  Only one short cough out there, now my lungs are revolting with crud. I am SO screwed with everything coming up.  My own damned fault too.

Ended up going to be super early last night.  I have a Smart TV (but a dumb user.)  I got it to switch over so I could watch Netflix on the TV, but couldn't get it to switch back to the TV.  I spent an hour trying and finally just went to bed super annoyed.

Back to work today.  Crap shoot if we will be busy.  Day after Christmas - new puppies and kittens???

Kathryn

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

dhuffman63

Trails

Kat a discount would be awesome.  For those of you Maniacs do you know if a MM discount will work at a 50 miler or 50k?  IF I can do the 3 in 90 days and get to be a Maniac I wonder if there are any discounts available for the fall events I plan on doing.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Diane, discounts vary by race and only a small portion of races give us discounts. Unfortunately trail races are less commonly posted on the Maniac site.  But if the races are posted and IF they offer a discount, they usually work for any distance.

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Kilmisters

Lizzie, how's the little Emerson doing? Oh yes... So, SO much food. Might be living on tea and biscuits next few days Big grin (sort of kidding). Roll those tights calves w golf ball - always works! Woo, what kind of facemask (maybe a link if you don't mind)? I got mine, and DH rightly noted that it looks useful for when temps drop below 15 degrees. Similar to the superwarm cross-country skiing gloves I got, the amount of runs those will be useful for maybe won't be too many per season but a) those things don't wear off fast b) when it's, say, below 0*F, I bet I will feel like the happiest person ever wearing those gloves/headmask Big grin

Kat, ugh... Get better!

Laura, negative degrees there!? WHAT!? Fahrenheit? Big grin

Diane, ha, work sounds like a credible explanation for headache! Get well! Woo for first 50k of 2018! First thought I had after seeing it's Jun23 was - right when celebrate summer solstice (similar to Johannisfest in Germany) by consuming insane amounts of beer and cheese... So I'll lift a cup of dark beer for you... Or two... Or three Big grin

Another 10k today, funny how 40 degrees seems like ''omg omg omg it's SO freaking hot out here''. DH had a rest day, so I was out there on my own w hockey podcasts. Watching World Junior Hockey Championship now (Russia-Czech Republic); btw USA is seen as the top favorite by many hockey experts.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Arimathea

Tessa

Diane, there are occasionally discounts posted on the ultrasignup.com site, I think, and many trail race series give free registrations if someone volunteers at a couple of prior events. I know Grand Circle Trails does that and so does Keira Henninger who's a local race director.

I am with Liz, I ate way, way too much yesterday. Back on track (literally) today.

Judy, hope your toes feel better.

Laura, how far away do your mom and her husband live?

Kupcakes, agree, it's fine to be able to walk in and pick up but someone has to be there to process the pickup. Unless you order from Amazon and have the stuff delivered to a locker.

Damaris, hope you do get an outside run, especially since the annual window of opportunity to run outside is so short for you.

Kat, no suggestions on the TV (except to pitch it), sorry you are still coughing up crud.

No run this morning. I was tired and slightly headachy from the champagne last night, and I had two cats snuggled on me. It is dead today so I am hoping to go to the gym.

dhuffman63

Trails

Lol Elina, I think it was more like being cooped up in the house all weekend.  It's cold out but fresh air is so nice.  I'll take your advice and find some more Dragon's Milk to drink after my events this year!

Damaris do you find getting back on the TM after being outside hard?  I so want to go walk the road but it's too bloody cold for me and the TM is starting to feel boring as all get out even with the book.