Womens Running

Go Fishing TUESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 16 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Fishing Day! Do any of you ladies like to fish??

HCF is going on a chartered fishing trip the last week of June. He invited my brother to come with. My brother is planning on bringing several coolers of beer Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

7.2 for me!

Hot. Hot and disgusting. Run wasn't too bad considering..maybe I am acclimating. After the run I took Ruger for about a mile walk. I can't believe he didn't poop! He was real sick Sunday (Baby E was feeding him all sorts of things on Saturday) so I have been feeding him chicken and rice since then. Maybe that plugged him up a bit. My poor baby!

Hope today flies by! Hoping to get my traveling scheduled today, too.

Karen – Eeek! I am excited for you guys!

Docket – LOVE the visor!! WOOT!!

Run4kupcakes – Doesn’t it always happen that way? Haha. With you on the coordination workouts!

Cathy - Tried the Kinvara's out this morning - LOVE THEM. Super comfortable. I definitely noticed the drop, but it wasn't a bad thing. They are going to have be a "once a week" shoe until I break them in a bit.

Sandy - Been thinking about you! Hope you had a good weekend sunbathing Wink Your weather is looking PERFECT over there! I hope it stays that way in August Wink

Happy Tuesday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Bikerchick1

Lizzie - The pictures of your possible property look amazing!  glad the run went good, despite the hot weather!

Lisa/Kat - You two did a great job, congratulations!

i have been trying to keep up reading, so,< insert witty, thoughtful comments>...

Long crazy day yesterday.  Worked...(I know, it’s tough working 3 or 4 times a month...LOL), but while I was there (an hour away), my DGD went to ER with chest pain (she is fine, was probably a chest muscle thing - but sooo scary), my brother called with issues, and DH got a CT scan back showing some evidence of coronary artery issues...WTH.  You all know how much I have to prod him to move....so, I’m not happy about this whole thing, but hopefully a wake up call.....I am trying to be supportive, but....anyhow, sorry about the rant.

getting packed to leave for Duluth!  Weather stalking in full on mode...trying to decide what to wear.

Hi hi to All!

Carol

I like to fish, but haven't done it in years. DH, meanwhile, is off the south Texas and is knee deep in fish! He will be home late Thursday night. Yay!!

4.3 mile walk run w buddy. I am ready to get back into a routine.

Karen--your trip sounds exciting.

WFH today. Yay!1

OMG---I gave our neighbor a bag of fresh corn and veggies and when I got home yesterday he had cut our front yard!!!  I was SO excited, I didn't have time to do it Sunday. I need to cut the back this afternoon --I'm a little intimidated by the riding mower, but I am going to give it a try.

Have a great day!

Carol--Scary about DGD. I hope Ally is well today.

Bikerchick1

Crazysue - Thankfully, Aly is fine today!  What a relief.  Wow, that was. Ice of neighbors to mow your lawn, I’m sure they appreciated the veggies!  Is your Dad still at your house?

Carol

Seloc

Yep, like Lizzie the weather stalker said, it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood here.  Too bad I have to spend it working indoors.  Sunday was also mostly sunny but cool.  Just the usual around here.  Class Friday, 5 and 8 (I think) over the weekend.  6 today.

Fishing - yep, did it a LOT as a kid.  My dad was a HUGE fisherman.  Mostly panfish for eating and my dad loved catching bass.  The big hogs put up a good fight.  I actually have a 2 lb crappie in my freezer that I caught many many many years ago that I always intended to mount but never did.  Just can't bare to toss it.  Yep, I'm weird.  Makes for a good conversation piece.  Ha.

Damaris - they need to hurry up already on the job decision!  I love love LOVE the visor!!  Head Sweats are the BOMB.

Carol - oh no on the health issues!  Super scary.  Hope your DH gets the kick in the pants to get healthy.  We only gots one body in this one life!  SO EXCITED for your trip to Duluth!!  Weather looks good!!  When are you guys leaving?  Did you say it's about an 8ish hour drive around the top?

Liz - cool land.  But, I was thinking same - how will you cope with the bugs on your runs??  Glad you had a lovely weekend with family.  Sorry for Ruger being under the weather.  Good luck with the travel planning.

Cathy - I put in a request to the library to have them purchase Meb's book.  Fingers crossed haha!  I finished the Sun Is Also a Star last night - I really enjoyed it!  Super quick read.  Was that one of the YA books your DD was reading?  Now I'm in a holding pattern waiting for something to come available.  I had to laugh - I put in request yesterday for The Friend Zone (someone on FB had recommended) and it should be available in 307 days LOL.  So, next summer??

Waves to everyone else.  People out again this week and next so no rest for the weary.  Gotta get at it.  Have a great day!!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have an RD but will do some kickboxing tonight.  And the Houston interview. Smile  Indy, now git, please.

The fishing we do in the Caribbean is with a moving boat.  It gets big fish like swordfish and stuff but it would always made me dizzy since the speed is like 2-5 knots.

Liz, poor Ruger. Nice job on the run.

Carol, oh, no. Hoping that's a wake up call for him.

Susan, nice run.

Sandy, go get it!  And yeah, Indy, MOVE!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Seloc

Boring CC so I'm surfing and found this https://runnersconnect.net/training/tools/temperature-calculator/  Thought of Liz, especially.  Now you can SLOW DOWN with no stress.  Well, maybe 

Also forgot to say HOLY CONGRATS TO LISA AND KAT!!

Bikerchick1

Sandy - What fun memories of fishing with your Dad!  I love the sounds of 5,6, or 8 miles!   It will be somewhere 8-10ish hour drive.  Thinking we are going to go tomorrow and investigate a waterfall or two  in the UP.  Doesn’t look like I have to worry about being too hot up there in Minnie-soda!

Damarias - Good luck in interview for Houston - but dang, Indy needs to answer you!!!

can you tell I’m totally “putzing” around today .

So, opinions on marathon attire...prediction is 50’s, pretty much at start to finish, cloudy, possible shower, with light winds.  At least that is what weatherbug is saying.  I am wearing my skirt because of all the pockets...the struggle is sleeveless with throw away, short sleeve, long sleeve?  I tend to get warm when running, so am thinking sleeveless???

Docket_Rocket

Boring CC so I'm surfing and found this https://runnersconnect.net/training/tools/temperature-calculator/  Thought of Liz, especially.  Now you can SLOW DOWN with no stress.  Well, maybe 

Also forgot to say HOLY CONGRATS TO LISA AND KAT!!

I've told her time and time again to slow down. She does not listen... Wink

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

I like to fish if it involves laying around on a boat in the sun.    Younger DD actually loves fishing.  5 easy miles this morning, lower body strength last night.  Back to chilly, 50 degree weather but we should reach upper 70's today.  The kids actually enjoyed the first day of summer school.  Older DD met a boy that seems interested in her, she of course was oblivious.    I'm holding on to 5th place in the work step challenge, first woman.  That is good enough for me.  It goes through the end of the month.  The leader has 1,043,346 steps, about 521 miles for 4 weeks.

Lizzie, it is not clear (at least to me), are you going on the fishing trip with HCF?    Nice running in the humidity!  I won't mention that my hands were chilly today.    We were almost 40 degrees cooler than you on Sunday!  Poor Ruger.  Glad you like the Kinvara's!  What color did you get?  

Carol, wow, sounds like you had a tough day!  Glad that DGD is OK.  Hopefully this is a wake-up call for DH!  The weather for Duluth looks like it will be awesome!  No pressure.    I think you would be fine with sleeveless if there is not much of a wind.  I would bring a lighter layer as a throwaway for before the race and the first few miles, I tend to be cold. 

Sue, that is nice of your neighbor!  Fresh veggies are the best.

Sandy, let me get this straight, you have a really old 2 lb fish in your freezer?  I may be rethinking staying with you, haha.  Younger DD read The Sun is Also a Star.  I just finished The Astonishing Color of After.  It was good, but sad!  Started Meb's book.  I am 8th for Friend Zone.  I have I Invited Her In ready to pick up.  Hope you get to enjoy the weather!

Damaris, good luck with the Houston interview!  I like the visor!

Karen, nice long run!  No, we have not acclimated to heat.  The weather keeps changing!  I guess I don't mind the cooler weather but I wish it would make up its mind.    Have a great trip!  It sounds like it will be awesome.

Kat, I love the pics of you and Lisa!  I'm glad that you finally made it home.  Hope recovery is going well!

Cathy

Anonymous Guest

Sleeveless, definitely.

Just back from a slow sweaty 80 degree humid slog. More after I stop sweating and shower.

Sandy - What fun memories of fishing with your Dad!  I love the sounds of 5,6, or 8 miles!   It will be somewhere 8-10ish hour drive.  Thinking we are going to go tomorrow and investigate a waterfall or two  in the UP.  Doesn’t look like I have to worry about being too hot up there in Minnie-soda!

Damarias - Good luck in interview for Houston - but dang, Indy needs to answer you!!!

can you tell I’m totally “putzing” around today .

So, opinions on marathon attire...prediction is 50’s, pretty much at start to finish, cloudy, possible shower, with light winds.  At least that is what weatherbug is saying.  I am wearing my skirt because of all the pockets...the struggle is sleeveless with throw away, short sleeve, long sleeve?  I tend to get warm when running, so am thinking sleeveless???

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Anything above 30F is tank weather for me.  Adjust accordingly. :-D

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Sandy, I love that calculator! I have an article with a table saved that shows percent slower based on temp and humidity, but this thing is pretty sweet. I plugged in my normal easy run pace of 9:40, and with today's heat and humidity it said 10:03. Which is what I ran! I'm going to share it with my runners now that it's so hot and humid and gross here - it's that time of year when Houston runners start to doubt themselves and wonder if they'll ever be able to run at a decent pace again. I bought the Kindle version of Meb's book, but looks like it is not loanable. How's that sock tan? Also, now picturing Lizzie running with a hat with mosquito netting or a beekeeper helmet thing. So thanks for that.

Liz, after a week of lower temps and less humidity, I feel like I have to acclimate all over again! Today was awful. Oh well, going to the land of no humidity for almost two weeks, I'll re-acclimate when I get back! Poor Ruger. I'm going to have to try the Kinvaras it sounds like. You, me and Cathy all seem to like similar shoes. I also want to try the Hoka Clifton 6 as this latest pair of super hokas Damaris convinced me to get have been pretty nice for long runs.

Carol, yikes, scary on DGD. Glad Aly is okay. Have a great race and a great trip.

Susan, how nice of your neighbor! Good luck with the riding mower - I'm sure you'll do fine.

Damaris, good luck with the Houston interview, but WTH Indy? Make a decision already!

Cathy, aww a boy with a crush on DD? Is she interested in boys? I have The Sun is Also a Star in my holds (several months away) but just looked because the author sounded familiar. I read Everything, Everything by her several months ago - also a quick read. Library books on my Kindle for the trip are The Lost Girls of Paris, The Mother-in-Law, The Light Over London and Beautiful Bad. So I will be spending a good bit of time back in World War II I guess. Over 500 miles in 4 weeks? Yeah, I'd be happy with first woman and fifth overall if people are putting up numbers like that.

Okay, heading to Target for some last minute things. Then packing, a little cleaning and taking the dogs to the kennel. While the trip should be fun, I'm not super excited about starting off with a 10 hour drive. Stupid Texas. Palo Duro Canyon (tomorrow's stop) looks really cool though. I kind of wish we were staying a couple days there, but I guess if it's THAT cool, we can hit it up again on the way home.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

You guys are chatty this morning...

On fish/fishing/freezing fish...  My old coworker was going on vacation and one of her larger aquarium fish died right before.  She didn't have time to dispose of it so she wrapped it up and put it in the freezer.  Well...  her mom was taking care of the house/dogs and saw the fish in the freezer.  She cooked it up and ate it.  Commented it was rather tough apparently.  

Lizzie, chicken and rice is perfect for Ruger.  If he was't eating anything for a day or two, he won't poop.  Nothing in, nothing out.  Or if he had the squirts, he could have cleaned the old system out and is just waiting for it to refill...  

Carol, good luck with the race.  All I remember about the weather for GC is it was cold to start.  I would probably have a throwaway on, but then I'm used to TX  weather now and 50 is chilly.

Sandy, good luck today/this week with folks out.  We are plagued with it.

Damaris, GOOD LUCK!!!  Report back.

Cathy, nice the kids enjoyed their first day!  First boy for DD?  Good luck with that!  

Karen, have a GREAT trip!!!

Recovery is OK.  With the help of Advil, I am much more comfortable than after Possums.  BUT, overnight one blister got super sore.  We shall see how it goes today.  Probably won't get out for a "run" until next week based on the feet.  Fine with me, forecast for Thurs is 100.

I need to get cracking for Javelina.  I have 4 months and really need to run more than walk in the race.  Feeling positive about it as long as training goes well.  The course is much different than MO. No climbs, just some gradual uphills.  A few small areas of rocks/sand.  It is apparently a deceivingly difficult course with a low finishing percentage.  Something like 50%.  Mostly from it being considered "easy" and people going out way too fast - and also the daytime heat.

Guess that is about it.  Have to get going and shower and head to work.  I slept in today, nearly 12 hours.

Thanks for all the kind words from the weekend.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024