Womens Running

Winning Weekend (over 40) (Read 24 times)

Anonymous Guest

Post!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Anonymous Guest

Woke up this morning when DH got up for his race and realized we have a lot of racing going on this weekend in our little group.

Good luck to Damaris in her first ultra, to Cindy, Amy and camille in their ten miler and to Lisa and Tessa in their......geez, I don't even know if they are doing the marathon or ultra! Did I miss anyone else? I have a 10K tomorrow that is very PR friendly (one turn, then a straight shot, net downhill) tomorrow. Hoping for sub-45, but depends on how tired my legs are (right now, they are feeling pretty tired!).

Today I have an easy 6 on the schedule, along with plans to load up the car with another load of junk for the dump and drive over to pick up my packet for tomorrow's race.

Thankful for the news out of Boston. Way to go police, FBI, and all involved!

karen

Bikerchick1

Good Luck to all the racers!!!   Can't wait to see some RR's Smile

KarenAG - Enjoy your 6 and your race tomorrow!!!  45 for a 10 k....that would be great!!!

Has been a crazy week, so I have been MIA.  Crazy rainey/windy/flooding weather here.  Did get out Wed night in the rain for some 400's....RB and I felt pretty "badass"...out there in the rain, soon as we finished a complete downpour.  There were several others out there trying to beat the rain and flooding.  As Laura said yesterday, races have been cancelled b/o the routes are flooded.  Headed out later for a few, then will run tomorrow with group.

Am so thankful they were able to get the other suspect in Boston.....

Carol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Morning.

Off to run. Big storms here yesterday evening. . Good thing I could stream the coverage on my iPad everytime the satellite went out on the tv.

Good luck D and Camille, Amy , Cindy Lisa Tessa

nice pic yesterday Lisa.

Dress I ordered for my dads wedding came. It is really pretty and fits perfectly.

Need to call dh and make sure he will be here to take Hammy to the pool before I go run.

Marjorie

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

Happy Saturday, all!

I have been MIA this week.  Life ganged up on me and didn't have time to do much online anything.  Sooo... here I am.  This next week is not looking so crazy busy.

First awesome news - my little running group has grown to NINE peeps, and is still growing.  I love it.  The group is upbeat, supportive, and just thrilled to be out doing stuff together.  There are two or three seasoned runners who have come out just to be supportive and run with a group.  There are a few of us that do the C25K workout, do high fives with the group, and then keep running.  Can I just tell you how HAPPY that makes me!!!  I'm one of the ones that keeps on running.... not one of the ones that are huffin' and puffin' and just happy to be done.

On Monday, at noon, we are doing our remembrance run for Boston with our race bibs.   I will post pictures so that you guys can see this neat little group.

Damaris, Cindy, Camille, LIsa, Tessa, Karen - y'all go GIT IT in your races this weekend!   I'm cheering for you!

Carol - Although I don't wish my week on anyone, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one!

Marjorie, did you mention "dress" without pictures??  lol

Today is my long run.  It is cold and WINDY here... so, back to the indoor track.  I will definitely check my treads for pebbles this week!! No excuses.... finishing the run!

Y'all have a great day... happy runs all!

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Saw Cindy at the hotel last night and Camille at the start this morning. No FE pics though.

I ran 1:33:21 and Cindy was faster than that. I didn't see Camille at the end so I don't know how she did.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

Rse

Congrats and good luck to all the Racers this weekend. Woo-hoo ! Big grin

I look forward to reading all the detailed RR I hope you post soon!

Today was my LongRun Day

:40 PR duration

Happy Weekend everyone!

Fran

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Great job Amy

i did 11.2 today. Nice weather for it. Dh took the pups to the pool so it all worked out. Cleaning and chores but I'm on vacation now Smile.

Julie I will post pics when it gets closer to the wedding. It is so hard to post pics here that I don't do it that often.

Nice job Fran.

Off to go mail a package then trim bushes.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

6.2 easy miles done after a successful trip to the county dump. Got rid of two old TVs (including a nice black and white one from the 70s), three computers, a Nintendo 64 (yes, from the early 90s), a broken vacuum cleaner, a boat cover for a boat we sold 7-8 years ago, and more. How do two people accumulate so much junk? I'm trying to get at least one trip to the dump a month in....we have so much clutter in our spare bedrooms and basement, and eventually the house is going to have to go on the market.

Also picked up my packet for tomorrow's race. They were collecting used running shoes so I got rid of three pairs of those as well. Add in some laundry and cleaning and I'm feeling insanely productive today!

Marjorie, yay on the dress! Big storms here as well last night, so of course we lost power for several hours. We're getting pretty good at getting the generator running and running power cords to the sump pump, Verizon box, fridge, router and TV, but still such a pain.

Carol, you are pretty badass. Hope your weather improves.

Julie, that is awesome about your running group. You have such enthusiasm - it must be rubbing off on the others.

Nice racing Amy!

And nice long run Fran!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Yard work done. House cleaned. Package mailed. Been a busy day. More yard work to be done but it is too soggy to do some things that need to be done.

Karen some how we didn't lose power. Satellite went out a few times but I could stream the coverage of the capture on my iPad so I didn't miss it. We work hard to not let too much accumulate. Every year I pick a few rooms and go through everything and toss a ton give it away etc. helps keep it down to manageable levels.

Marjorie

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

Short version - I ran the 10-miler in 1:27:37. My goal was 1:27:30; I know I shouldn't let those 7 seconds bother me but they do.

Got to meet Camille at dinner yesterday evening and saw Amy at the hotel last night and again after the race, and got to meet her DS. I didn't see Camille today but did trade text messages with her after the race.

We're headed out to the symphony shortly, so I'll be back tomorrow to post a longer RR.

Hope all the other racers are doing well-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Waving to everyone from the Dallas Ft Worth airport en route to Madrid then Alicante.  Hurray for FE races, fast 10ks, dresses that fit, and long runs (whatever the duration). Boo for crazy busy weeks and crappy weather.  Hoping Damaris 50k went well. Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Linda

Good luck to all the racers this weekend.

Hi Karen, Amy  Fran

Marjorie:  Nothing like a new dress.

Carol:  Wow!  400's in the rain.  That is hard core.

Julie:  Congrats on your running group.  It sounds fun.

Cindy:  I understand the 7 seconds bothering you, but deep down you know you are fabulous.

Gatsbybird:  Yea!!  I'm out of touch, so I don't know why you are going to Spain, but YEA!!

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

I am toast!  10K this morning went well.  51:30--I think a PR for me.  Beautiful day--cool morning but it warmed up to the mid 60s .  Perfect running weather.  Most of the course is along Scenic Drive,  which runs along the highway on the water.  Very pretty day.  2nd in AG.

Did some yard work, played with the dogs and then rode with some friends for an hour.  I was wiped out and was having a hard time keeping up.  Gonna spend the rest of the evening in the happy chair knitting.

Great runs everyone!!!

camille2

Quick ck in.  Drove most of day yesterday and had quick visit and a very early dinner with DD and her fiancé then got to meet Cindy and her friend.  Enjoyed the visit!  Got to meet Amy quickly this am before the race-so glad she saw me.  Amy, I   saw you on the section about mile and gave you a shout out, but you were in the zone and running hard.

The race course was very pretty!  There was one section between 5 and 6 that had lovely houses and the flowers were so pretty we could have been in a botanical garden.  I'd worried  about Laurel Hill. I've done so many races and none of them have had a hill with separate timing mats and special awards.  Smile   It was long, but not too steep and even had a flat section, so I did OK.   Finished in chip of 1:43 and am fine with that.  I prob won't race again next weekend.

I'll catch up after I get home.