Womens Running

Tapioca Pudding Monday DAILIES (Read 17 times)

Seloc

Now that is one thing I will NOT eat!  My mom LOVED the stuff.  I think it's the texture that kinda rudes me out haha

Seloc

Rest day but up early so here we are at work already.  My inbox is actually manageable today - let's hope it stays that way!

Still on the struggle bus with running.  Went to yoga Friday and that helped the pains a LOT.  Ran with the group on Saturday but only managed 8 mi.  It was steamy.  Yes, Liz, Karen, Sue, Damaris will laugh at my definition of "steamy" but I cannot seem to acclimate to the humidity this year.  I was hearing many others in the group saying the same thing.  Maybe it was our extra long winter?  Maybe for me I'm just out of shape more than I realize?  Or, am too heavy?  Though the scale is showing within normal range.  Age?  I don't know.  I just wish I could turn off the sweat faucet.  Anything over an hour and I feel like I just crumble.  Not huffing and puffing - the ol' bod just wants to shut down.  Please no pity, just voicing thoughts is all.  70* dewpoints all week with temps in the 90*s.  I honestly do not mind it for anything else but makes running challenging.  Shuffled 4mi yesterday.

Reactivated my Netflix account so watched Dead To Me.  Loved it!  Also watched the last season of Shameless.  That show is so bad but I love it haha.  Reading My Lovely Wife which is so weird - it's not keeping me interested.  Had lunch with a friend yesterday.

Karen - OR looks SO COOL!!  What a fun little trip.  Smart to look into the land stuff before buying.  I've never been to OR and it's totally on my list.  Woot on the upgrade!

Lizzie - I just watched your Instastory of HCF and Ruger biking - cracked me up!!  I agree with others - a callous in and of itself is generally not painful.  Sounds like you have something else going on.

Gatsby - your day yesterday sounded like mine!  House cleaned, laundry done and 4 mi complete all before 9am.  Thank you for volunteering!

Laura - nice consistent running!  As for the runners that didn't respond - my first instinct was that those happened to be a couple of entitled Millennials LOL  People around here generally say "Good Morning".  I'm always perplexed at the people that move to the left on a trail.  Drive on the right, walk on the right is my opinion.  But, whatever.  You getting any of this heat this week?  I saw you signed up for a race on Mackinac.  How fun!  On my list of places to visit.

Best get at it.  Have a great Monday!!

Bikerchick1

Sandy - I LOVE tapioca pudding...it is so funny how everyone’s preferences are so different.  So, about your struggling runs...are you feeling ok otherwise???  Not giving you sympathy Wink ...although I’m sorry the running is a struggle right now ...but you stirred my inner healthcare  nerdiness.  Thyroid, perimenopause, anemia???

Laura - I love that 8 mile run around Mackinaw!  My friend and I were just talking about that race on Saturday.

Hi to All!

Been up to our up north campground.  Did a local 5k on Saturday, it was hot, sunny, and I had a little too much sangria the night before.  Ended up 1st in AG tho...there were actually 7 in the 60-64 group.  Only about 200 runners.  It was fun, but my HR was in zone 5 almost the whole time, no wonder I wanted to hurl about mile 2...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yuck indeed.  Morning!

I have 7 miles tonight.

Sandy, I start working at 7am so I hear you. Have a good rest day.

Carol, congrats on the race!

Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

8.2 for me. Last 4 miles were at 15K to HM pace. Ab class tonight.

Training cycle begins today! Good run - except for the pitstop in the middle. Wink I didn't want to put too much pressure on myself on the paces since its hot and sticky outside, but I did pretty well. About 8:50-9:00 miles. Right where I wanted to be actually. Woot woot! Like Sandy, we are in for some STEAMY weather. I believe on Friday they said 76 dewpoint in the morning. That run will be a lot of fun.

Thanks everyone for the tips on my callues/corn/blister. I think I am going to suck it up and try to shave it down a bit and see whats going on in there. Yuck.

I must have been channeling my inner tapering Margaret yesterday - I was a machine. Laundry, house cleaned and floors mopped before lunchtime. HCF and I went to the mall in the afternoon and picked up bridesmaids gifts. Found my bridal shower dress while we were there - clearance rack $20! SCORE.

Tapioca Pudding..honestly..I have NEVER tried it! Is it like, vanilla??

Laura – Aw, glad you had a good time at the reception! I can’t believe they were together for 25 years and are just now getting married! I didn’t realize you had been with BF that long either. Hey, whatever works, right?! 😊

Karen – I feel like I always hear buying a house is never easy. There is always something that is going to stress you out. I hope everything works out! SCORE on the first class tickets home! Have a safe trip! One of HCF’s friends upgraded our outgoing flights to Hawaii to first class. We are trying to get the return flights first class as well but we won’t know if we did or not until 48 hours before.

Run4kupcakes – Nice miles! Hmm..what do you shave the calluses with? One of those stones?

Margaret – Holy taper! 😊 You got a lot done yesterday. How awesome about the freebie kitchen items! Score! I should do that with all my extra/unused kitchen stuff. Cool idea. HCF picked up a pumice stone, I will have to give it a try. Ew. 😉 Enjoy that taper energy.

Tessa – I had to laugh at your description of peeling the “corn” “inside/kernel” LOL. That would make sense though!  Nice miles yesterday. Have a safe trip to Dallas!

Sandy – I am sorry about the struggle bus. I don’t blame you for struggling in 70 dewpoint – that is steamy for anyone. But especially you since you are used to cooler weather. Its probably hard for you to acclimate. OMG I LOVED Dead To Me!!! I can't wait for Season 2! I also need to make sure I am up to date on my Shameless episodes. I have been watching the latest season of Stranger Things. Hope your Monday is manageable!

Carol – LOL! 1st in AG after a night of Sangria?! You go girl! 😊 You crack me up, Carol. I hope you had a good time camping!

This is going to be a busy day. My inbox is BLOWING UP! Happy Monday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

I LOVE tapioca pudding!!! My grandma used to make it all the time, with fruit and whipped Jersey cow cream. (they were farmers and always had a Jersey milk cow--we had whipped cream on everything!)

No workout today.  DH is sailing today and wanted to be at the office early. Prob a good thing, piriformis is still hurting. ;(  I want to stretch, but don't want to aggravate my booty either.

DS2 and fiance' are supposed to be home tonight, so it will just be me and Skye for the next week.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Monday!  With Prime Day coming up there are a lot of Garmin watches on sale... I am tempted!    The Garmin 235 is about $140 on Amazon.  Ridiculously cheap for a great running watch, if anyone is looking for one!  Alas, I really don't need a new running watch, my trusty 230 is still fine.    6 miles on Saturday, about 9.3 on Sunday with 5 miles at threshold.  That was tough!  But the awesome run was the 6 miles on Saturday with DD.   I only had 5 miles on my plan, so we planned to do the 5 together, her 10K is in 2 weeks.  She had lots of issues, side stitches, her ankle hurt, she was hot.  But she pushed through, then decided to keep going!  She said she would go around the block, I told her that would put her at about 5.8 mi, why not go for 6?    For the past few days she's been saying, "I can't believe I ran 6 miles!".  I don't think many 11 year olds have done that.  

My mom likes tapioca.  I like bubble tea with tapioca pearls.  

Sandy!  For some reason I run OK in hot weather.  I attribute it to my parents making me work in the kitchen of a Chinese restaurant in 90+ degree weather without air conditioning from the time I was 10 years old until I went to college!    I wouldn't wish that on anyone though.    But think how great you will be running in Fall!    For our 2 weeks of fall...  I am about halfway through Tattooist.  It is good!  I have Ask Again, Yes on hold at the library.  Hmmm, I have My Lovely Wife on hold.

Carol, congrats on the 1st in AG.  Despite the sangria.    I had a sangria last night, I almost choked on the alcohol when I drank it!  They put some sort of orange liqueur in it.  A lot of it.  

Damaris, enjoy the 7!  Glad the BP is back on track.

Lizzie, nice run this morning!  Nice paces!  Where is the callus?  I have one on the outer upper side of my left foot.  It seems to be permanent, it bothers me sometimes on my long runs.  For long runs I sometimes put a protective band-aid on it.  I figure I should just leave it alone, because apparently there is some bad rubbing in that area, and the callus is protecting the skin and it's better than a blister.    Wow, you got a lot done yesterday!  I was lazy.    Yes, we have Cracker Barrels.  We don't usually go there though, unless we have a road trip!  They announced our new vacation policy this weekend, it is a FTO policy, flexible time off.  Meaning no accruals, unlimited vacation/personal time as long as it is approved by your manager.  I read that companies that have this type policy usually end up paying out about the same vacation.  It makes it harder for people that are on very busy projects to take vacation though.  Before you at least had the excuse that you would lose accrued vacation.    The company is paying out the accrued vacation that we have as of the end of July, with a limit depending on our years of service.  I will get paid for 118 hours!  Mr Math has so much accrued that he will lose 11 days.  Unless he basically takes the rest of the month off.

Sue, your version of tapioca pudding sounds really good!

Laura, I usually say good morning to runners/walkers when I pass by them.  If they are looking at me.  Sometimes they don't look at me, so I figure they will not respond.    I would say about half the time they say hello or wave first.  I see a lot of the same people also.  I don't usually see a lot of younger runners (teenage) unless I run later.  I have noticed that the younger boys are nicer than the girls!  The boys will say hi to me but the girls will not.  Once I was doing intervals and kept passing a high school boy.  He told me that I was doing great.

Tessa, I often have the issue of running up behind someone with headphones.  I have no choice but to scare them.    What am I supposed to do, carry a bell?  

Margaret, nice view from your aid station!

Cathy

Seloc

Cathy - we went to FTO a couple years ago.  I have a feeling it will continue to be more common since then the companies will never have to pay out vacation.  But, you are right, difficult to take time off with no "use it or lose it" excuse.  Awesome running this weekend and HUGE CONGRATS to DD!  Oh, man, SO agree that the teenage boys are often far nicer than the girls.  A lot of girls that age are just mean.  But, not yours!  So kudos to you for that.  Ooof on the hot kitchen job.  I've also pondered the reason may be that I spend too much time in AC.

Sue - it's gonna be quiet at your house this week!  Best wish to DH on his trip to sea.

Liz - nice start to the training cycle.  Funny, I could not get into Stranger Things.  I watched about 10 min of the first episode and was creeped out just the boys riding on the dark dirt road.

Damaris - have a good 7 tonight!

Carol - congrats on the 5K win fueled by sangria!  How far is your campground?  So many people here have "cabins" "up north".  I like to go but it's a pretty huge traffic nightmare trying to get out of town on a Friday afternoon and return on Sundays.  Yep, I pretty much feel fine.  I had my thyroid checked not too long ago and I doubt I'm anemic - no other symptoms.  As for the big M (cringe) - not entirely sure but possible.  I'm still on BCPs for no other reason than I like the regularity.  I mean, it's not like I'm getting any action haha  So I guess I do not know what my body does on it's own.

dhuffman63

Trails

Back is slowly healing...PT seems to have helped.  I'm eyeing the 50k at the KS Fall Extravaganza on Oct 26...since it's rail trail and has a 28 hour cut off should be doable.

I think one problem with girls and women saying anything is the fear some have about running and possibly being attacked.  Boys and men don't seem to have that  problem so they appear more welcoming and open.  I do hate the people who come up behind me and say absolutely nothing.  Them I give a sarcastic "well good morning to you" and mutter asshole under my breathe.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Liz, nice run.

Susan, sorry about the piriformis.

Cathy, I need to check the deals available on those.

Diane, glad to hear the back is a bit better.

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Sandy, tapioca is one of my favorites.  I always loved it growing up and used to pilfer more out of the fridge late at night when mom was already in bed.  Yum.  Totally get the struggle bus.  I am wondering about the same things Carol mentioned, but I had labs done in January.  I think my struggles are a combo of laziness and depression.

Carol, congrats on the AG win!  Glad the sangria didn't interfere.

Damaris, have a good run tonight.

Lizzie, nice score on the dress!  And nice channelling Margaret!

Sue, Jersey's are so cute!  Bummer about DH sailing.

Cathy, don't you hate when something good is on sale, but you don't need it!!!

Diane, happy to hear you are making improvements!  Glad you found a race that looks good to you.  YAY!

Sitting at the dealership getting my 50K service done, so no run this morning, or yesterday.  I was so pooped yesterday I slept until 11:10, I start work at noon!

Volunteering was fun.  There were lots of shirtless men - some hotties, and one hottie that was super nice and sweet - sigh...  This is a 4 race night series.  It got me wanting to do the last race in the end of August.  I have run the course before and though it is hard, I like it.  OH, I was so annoyed at the race.  After packet pickup I went to an aid station to help.  This is Texas mid summer and HOT/humid.  Even though it was early evening at the start, I was shocked at the number of folks with NO water and no cup.  WTF.  Many of them were running the 60K.  For heaven's sake, idiots.  We did have a community cup, but still.  Be prepared, it was a sweat fest.

New Dr. trying out our clinic yesterday.  (NOBODY knew he was coming...). Nice man, can move through cases quick, except for the computer.  He does NOT use them.  Hunts and pecks the keyboard and admittedly is terrible at even doing medical notes.  Not good.  Otherwise seemed decent.

Nothing else.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Anonymous Guest

Looks like no Oregon cabin for us at this time. Our bank won't loan since it's manufactured housing. It's dressed up as a cabin, has a permanent foundation and you own land, so it theoretically will qualify for a conventional mortgage, but a lot of banks still won't do it. We started looking at other financing and a couple red flags came up and we finally decided not worth it.

It probably makes more sense to get something in Colorado that we could get to in a day or two anyway. This place was just so cool though. Oh well, onward. I have the first of two "meet the coaches" nights at the shoe store tonight and need to go get some groceries before that. And it's currently storming so I don't want to go out. DH has a colonoscopy Wednesday morning and his prep is different - he's already on a sorta weird diet today before the liquid diet tomorrow.

Sandy, stick with the book for a little while if you can. It was kind of hard at first because the characters aren't really sympathetic, but it got really good. I'm sorry your weather is sucking for running (not pity, just commiseration). It could be perimenopause. I feel like the heat hits me harder now than it did a couple years ago before I went through that.

Liz, great run. And I too watched the insta story of HCF and Ruger biking and laughed.

Cathy, huge congrats to DD on 6 miles! You're right, not a lot of 11 year olds can say that. Not a lot of 11 year olds even realize how far that is to run. I remember being back home and going for a run, maybe 5-6 miles, when my sister's kids were smaller, and then my sister explained to her daughter (probably about 11 at the time) how far that was in terms she could relate to, like "you know the four way stop we turn at to go to swim practice? Past that and back" and then my niece was like wow, that's far.

Carol, congrats on the race, especially with that pre-race sangria strategy!

Diane, glad your back is feeling better.

Kat, glad you had fun volunteering. Wow, I can't imagine doing a trail race in TX and NOT having at least a handheld.

Susan, sounds like you're going to have some nice quiet time coming up. More sewing perhaps?

Damaris, enjoy the 7 tonight.

Hello to everyone from over the weekend. I'm kinda tired still from the overnight flight - first class was better than coach, but still not easy to sleep, so no energy to go back and respond. I did read though.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Karen--sorry the cabin didn't work out, maybe it was not meant to be.

DH will be gone for a week--need to be sure I get some sewing done some time---church council tonight, need to go to Mobile tomorrow night, knitting on Wednesday, watching grandbaby Saturday morning. I need sewing time on my schedule!!!

Piriformis still sore--maybe I should skip tomorrow's run and just rest?? I hate resting.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Susan – Smart to take a rest day. We ALL hate resting!  I am sure you will get lots of knitting done this week 😊

Cathy – Nice running for you this weekend! You did great on your LR. Congrats to DD!! She is so cute! I am sure you are proud of her 😊 I can’t wait to see how she does! OMG on you working in the restaurant. That must have been awful. When I was waiting tables, I hated the Summer even more than I do right now.  Talk about sweat. Orange liqueur in Sangria? Hmmm.  That seems different. My callus is in the same exact spot as yours except on the right foot. Like yours, mine is always there. Its just painful now. Interesting on the PTO policy. There are some HUGE upsides to that. It would be nice to not have to worry about if you can call in sick based on the PTO hours. I haven’t called in sick because of that before! Understand not being able to take it due to projects, etc. though. I would love to be on FTO! I wouldn’t be sitting here counting my hours for my honeymoon! Haha 😉

Sandy – FYI – HCF came home Friday and told me he could not resist the popcorn.

Diane – Good news regarding the back! NICE on the race!

Kathryn – Actually I thought of you when I was shopping – went into the Kate Spade store..found my new baby. LOL. Need to wait for the 30% off sale..but it’s the cutest Fall bag. I need to have it. Whew, that is surprising about the water! Glad you had fun. I say sign up..hehe 😊 Yikes on the new Dr! Who doesn’t know how to work a computer these days?!

Karen – Oh BUMMER on the cabin. I guess it wasn’t meant to be. Have you and DH been browsing through some Colorado properties? Good luck with the grocery shopping and the meeting tonight! I actually texted HCF today about making a colonoscopy apt 😊 Get some sleep tonight!

Busy day full of problems!!!!!!!!!!! AHHH!!!!!!!!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Bikerchick1

Liz - So weird about your callous...will be interesting to see what you “uncover”..I’m sure “Dr. Pimple Popper” would be glad to remove it for you...she removes all kinds of things off people.    Is this Richmond training you are starting?

Crazysue - Your schedule sounds crazy! Sorry about the  piriformis issue...seems like you have dealt with that for quite awhile.  That version of Tapioca pudding sounds amazing!

Cathy - Great job to your DD on the miles!!!  Interestingly my friend that served the Sangria had also put some kind of fruit liquer in it, that must be a “thing” to do...it was yummy.

Sandy - The campground is less than a 2 hour drive.  Nice thing it is only 1 hour to Mackinaw Bridge, and to many cool places in the upper part of lower Michigan.  Glad it isn’t thyroid, etc., BCPs are a good thing to be on IF there is any “hormonal fluctuations” going on...or “action”...

Diane - Glad the back is cooperating!

Kat - Sounds like lots of “scenery” to keep you occupied at the race - nice of you to volunteer.  The whole perimenopause thing is a real sh#$show in my opinion...the symptoms really are not fun.  I remember having terrible anxiety when I was dealing with it, not to mention

Hot flashes fatigue, migraines, and just plain miserable.

Karen - Bummer on the cabin, but I’m sure you will find just the right place!

Damarias - Glad your BP is better, Bummer you had to add another med.

Ran 4 miles before hot, humid, stormy weather rolls in.

Carol