Womens Running

Thirsty Thursday Supermoms (Read 30 times)

mrszackmorris

rr: no clue.

tr: dd2's assessment went well, until she puked everywhere and they had to come and get me.

br: i told him while changing his diaper that he needed to go on the potty like a big boy. not more than 5 minutes later he is pulling on my leg, i hear him open the bathroom door. he had gone in the bathroom, opened the toilet, put his potty seat on and tried pulling his pants down. he had just pooped in his diaper when i made it in there. so close!

nrr: my gut is a mess. hoping i am not getting dd2's stomach bug.

fr: baked chicken breasts and green bean casserole.

-------------

rg: hope you feel better soon!

zorbs: good luck with your repeats.

bermy: how nice of your coach! have fun at the party tonight and getting to and from it!

ernie: our electrical covers are so hard to get off that i had to buy a different brand to make it easier on myself. Smile

jen: yay for sleeping through the night! it seems like they don't want to teach discipline if they are just hiding the stuff j is making trouble with.have fun getting a haircut!

car: have fun outlet shopping. i remember buying an awesome watch when i was down there the last time at an outlet.

mer: good luck with the coworker whatever you decide to do. that is one thing i absolutely do not miss about my job.

shelby: great job on the progressive run. good luck on your exam!

dexy: my friend's dog does the same thing with underwear; he has no preference; he will eat whoever's he can find.

Marathonjen

CTimes - I hope you have a great run.  Yay for C sleeping so much...maybe she is hitting her 1 year growth spurt?  Your DH sounds like mine.  He likes to sit around and do nothing when he knows he has a lot to do.  Once my DH gets going though he usually knocks out his to-do list quickly it just takes him forever to get going.

mrszm - OH NO...so sorry DD2 puked again...and you thought she was on the mend.  I hope she's better today and that you don't catch...or anyone else in your house.  Too cute about C and the potty.  Sounds like he knows what's up and is ready to start.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

just sent a semi-irate email to inknburn.  Not sure what they can do about it if the package is in the hands of USPS though.  They don't have a phone # listed or else I would call.

bermy - it's like being on vacation, by the end I am sick of breakfast buffets and heavy lunches, all I want is to eat my own food.

ernie - for some reason we never bothered with the childproof socket covers, and B has never stuck a fork in one.  Oh oh, fresh snow? we got only a dusting here, that doesn't bode well for my drive up to Newmarket this afternoon. The EDD for inknburn was 10 (business?) days, which would put the arrival at the beginning of next week.  But considering the company is based in CA and my package is still there after 8 business days, it is not looking good.

jen - I want to slap your daycare lady too.  With all her shortcomings, my daycare lady at least doesn't tell me that B is awful.

CA - if it doesn't get here, I will have to do an emergency lulu run.  Or horrors, wear something I already own.

mer - lost keys = preggo brain? Smile

shelby - do the crops have a tie at the waist? I bought a few things 1 size up for pg and don't find them to be horribly baggy now.

dexy - I have the magic piano app! it works a bit better on the ipad and B does like playing with it.  lmao on the dog eating the underwear.  I know it is not funny for you but I couldn't help laughing.

cx2 - my DH would not touch sushi if his life depended on it, which is why I eat it with alcoholic friend.

mrszm - I've been telling B that Bob the Builder, Max, Horrible Caillou, EVERYONE goes in the potty..no dice.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

Bermy - Yowza, 7 x hills sounds tough! Are you doing them with the stroller, too? I'm sure couch guy is looking forward to seeing you today. He will be terribly disappointed to find you fully clothed this time. Ha, DH, S and I have all slept together in a queen sized bed every night since she was born. Somehow we all manage to STTN sometimes, although all my fantasies now involve simply sleeping by myself in a giant bed.

Jen - Yay for STTN. The 5 am wakeup is okay since you were up already, but I hope he sleeps in longer for you on the weekend. Tell J's daycare teacher that if she finds active toddlers so annoying she is clearly in the wrong profession! Your face does not look chubby at all to me from the pictures I've seen, but I understand not wanting to go too short. I got my hair cut to shoulder length last week, which is as short as I will go as I think my nose is too big for anything shorter! And I like being able to make a ponytail.

CA - Glad your boob is better today! Have fun outlet shopping. I actually hate the act of shopping, but love the new clothes that come out of it!

Mer - Hope the paci weaning goes smoothly. It sounds like things are already terrible with your co-worker, so talking to her probably won't make things any less tolerable. Calling her out on her behaviour might make things a bit awkward but she might also stop being such a B if she knows she can't get away with it!

Shelby - Nice work on the muddy progression run! Yay for the last exam - good luck! Ha, our babies are totally twins. Emptying buckets and standing on them is right up S's alley.

Dexy - Yikes on the underwear eating dog! Better than eating shoes, though, since underwear are cheaper to replace.

Cx2 - Whatever the reason for it, enjoy C's 12+ hour sleeps! Your DH sounds just like mine when it comes to a to-do list. They are running on man-time.

Mrszm - Oh, poor DD, puking during her assessment. And poor you - I hope you aren't getting her bug! Nice on the DS getting ready to go on the potty! Remind me again how old he is? The pathetic thing is, I still have trouble getting these outlet covers off, which basically means S is handier than I am!

Zorbs - Just a couple of cms of fresh snow on the ground here, so your drive should be fine.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

runnergirl9508

Mrszm: aw, sorry that DD is still sick! Hope the rest of your family stays healthy.

Cx2: wow, it's time for the nanny already?! Enjoy the week with DH at home.

Mer: ugh, I really hope that things get settled with the B soon.

jen: so glad J has been sleeping better for you! Enjoy the haircut, I need mine cut desperately.

Bermy: I agree with eating at home vs others houses. It's funny how we get used to our own styles of cooking. Sounds like you are doing really well in prep for the move! Hope DS is ok with the shots later.

ernie: omg on the outlets!!! S sounds like such a fun and energetic girl.

CA: have fun shopping! I loved the 6 month pic you posted of O on FB!

Zorbs: hope the run went well today! GL with the potty training.

Dexy: good to see you!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Did 5.72 miles with some good hills yesterday. Started raining the second I walked out the door. I forgot that I started a pot of beans on the stove until I was over a mile from my house and had to haul buns back and clean up boiled over bean water off the cooktop before I headed back out for the last 3 miles.

BR: Has the worst eczema, I'm thinking about cutting him off from dairy to see if it clears up. The kiddo loves cheese and yogurt so much, I'm worried he'll starve if I don't let him have it anymore.

FR: Bison black bean chili, very yummy. GF is going well, Its actually been over a week since I've had any caffeine in the morning because I'm feeling more energetic and am not constantly exhausted and full of despair.

NRR: Per my FB post, the interview went well. Sounds like its a good company to work for, but unless they come back offering great benefits and significantly more pay, I will probably turn it down because it sounds like they will want me to work late often and I will add 40 mins of commuting to my day. I talked to DH about it last night and told him that yes my job is boring, but its very flexible and that means a lot, so I'm going to hold out for the right opportunity with the right employer.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runnergirl9508

Shelby: another day, another exam, huh? I'm Sure you're going to ace it!

RR2: ran 7 miles, with 2x1 mile at 10k pace. (6:27/6:25) Not exactly the tempo run on the schedule, but I was happy with the pace and effort, especially given the 25mph wind!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

runnergirl- I keep my phone across the room from my bed, so once my alarm goes off, I'm up. That sounds like a pretty hard workout!

zorbs- R has terrible eczema right now, its all over his face, hands, tummy and back- I've been slathering him in steroid cream and aquaphor and he hates me for it. I hope your inknburn shows up on time! I would write them an email to light a fire under their buns.

Bermy- Busy busy day, but you are a supermom and can fit it all in!  Sorry about your friend and ttc struggles. I already know its going to be harder to get #2, so I *think* I am mentally prepared if it doesn't happen.

Ernie- When I want to plug something in R rushes over and is basically "Allow me, mother" when it comes to the socket plugs LOL. Yes, chocolate is vital for recovery. Your FRs always sound so delicious and gourmet.

Jen- Have a good haircut appt! I'm going in on Monday. R has been naughty at daycare too- he's being a shrieker and pulling hair again. R must have given his STTN bug to J, because R was up to his 2 am shenanigans last night.

CA- I love outlet shopping!

Mer- seriously, just quit the binky cold turkey. R was pretty much over it in a few days, then after that he just randomly asks for it to see if we will somehow come up with one and give it to him. He is less content in the car and stroller without it, but I'm liking not having to chase binkies around his room at night.  Just wait until Friday to ask coworker what's up her butt so she can have the weekend to sulk at home. Wink

shelbyjo- Sorry about the muddy trail. I ran on the road in the rain yesterday and my legs were filthy, so I can only imagine how you looked when you got home!

cx2- good luck with the nanny and going back to work!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

Dexy- glad to know you are not wearing regurgitated underwear LOL *barf*  My dad's old dog used to eat just the crotch out of my stepmom's giant granny panties.

mzm- Good job, Cash! R did that the other day- sat on his potty chair with his pants and diaper on and pooped his diaper while DH was in the shower. R does most of his business on the potty now. Once he goes, I dump it in the toilet and we clap and say goodbye to the poop/pee and flush the toilet, wash hands, then he gets a single chocolate chip. At this age they are so willing to please and are not so defiant so I think its a good time to get him trained.

zorbs- good luck with the USPS. DH ordered something from Louisiana and OUR post office in our town managed to lose it once it got all the way here and we are fighting with them about it.

runswithrocky

Jen - Your daycare is pissing me off.  Your kid is not "bad" or "naughty."   At our daycare they let the little kids pull the chairs up to the windows in the afternoon so they can look in the parking lot for their moms and dads.  They use positive reinforcement FIRST for things like climbing on stuff.  Like, "wow you got all the way up on the bookcase, can you show me how to get down?" kid gets down and they get a high-five for listening.  If not then the teacher removes them from the object and redirects their attention.  You have a normal, healthy, active, curious little boy.

Bermy - hugs to you on your move prep.  You are doing so much!

ernie - Em figured out the plugs too around 14 months.  And the she knows how to open the gate but can't actually do it yet.  So she'll point or bang on the lever to indicate she wants to be on the other side of the gate.  I'm sure most of our childproofing is going to be obsolete by the time she's 2.

Marathonjen

Regarding our daycare...I should say that J's regular teacher is amazing and never says a bad thing about him only asks for ways to help him.  This other lady that ALWAYS tells me how naughty he is drives me nuts.  She was soooooo amazing with him when he was younger but I honestly don't think she can handle the toddler room.  I watched another little boy attempt to tips something over and she immediately redirected him.  Which is great...but she shouldn't make it sound like my kid is the only one that does these things.  She makes me feel like a bad mom. I honestly dread talking to her when I am there.  She used to work with just infants so I don't think she can handle toddlers.

spike - Great job on the run yesterday despite the back track for the bean emergencyWink  Glad the interview went so well and it sounds like you know what you want and they need to meet those demands or your not changing.  I am also torn with what to do career wise.  I feel like when I was younger, unmarried, no kids, I definitely had a career plan.  I feel like I have had to sacrifice a lot in my career for it...but some things are just more important than climbing the corporate ladder quickly (or in my case the teaching stool).

Rocky - Thanks for your thoughts. I  know J tips things over for the attention he gets.  He knows it is wrong and naughty but he also knows someone will come and talk to him and try to play with him to get him to stop doing that...he is not a dumb kid.

BermyHorse

RR: Did all chores and got in 5m – it was funny, I did urban 5m so 0.6m to the bank and then 0.5m to the post office and 1.3m over to the pediatrician etc – it was quite hilarious but it got the job done. Did all the hills I could find, and of course with a  stroller loaded up with 2l of water and other shopping I accumulated on the way.

NRR4: my friend who told me she was pg on Monday is having a miscarriage. I am ready to take her son to play with my son (they are 3 wks apart) in park to give her space. She has a scan tomorrow. She can’t speak on phone, so we are playing texting conversation. Whatever helps her process. I offered to bring emergency chocolate. And I actually didn’t know what to say which NEVER happens as bermy always has something to say.

QOTD: think I should keep the name bermyhorse even though I am not going to be in bermy any more? I do have bermy hotel, bermy curry and bermy 1000s named after me. I like it but I don’t want to be a fraud. Nashy curry doesn’t have the same ring.

RG – nice run and pace – take that as a win! And the strength you will gain from the wind. You always tell me those hard runs where I feel like slogging it are where the progress is made.

Zorbs – I think you would be terrifying making a complaint on the telephone. Erm, that workout sounds horrendous. Good luck!

Ernie – ha ha on childproofing. I was in the shower after running on Monday and DS brought me the child safety latch for the kitchen cupboard – the one with all the cleaning products under the sink. I DIVED out of the shower screaming “NNNOOOOooooooo”.

Jen – I slogged through 5m today and thought of you when you posted yours! WTG! Great job. I was thinking of getting bangs (I call it a fringe) cut like yours. I really like your bangs. Shots were screamers but nothing that a mama-hug and pediatrician toys can’t fix. Can you call the principal of the daycare and have an off the record conversation with her?

CA – oohhhh meant to tell you that at 6mo I got really sore nipples and it was cos I was holding DS all wrong – he had grown and I was nursing him in my arms with his body too far across mine so he had to tuck his chin under to latch and therefore clamp down with a shallow mouth. Sorted out hold, latch was great. I started side-lying nursing a lot then too. And now that’s all this lazy mama does!!!! I think of it as running recovery time. Please don’t kill your mother. You are lucky to have her in your life and for your girls.

Mer – I love conflict management esp when people are out of order – if you need some phrases/ to practice ideas then I am all ears. Or pm me on fb or ra.

Shelby – LOVELY pace on your progression run. Well done missy! Need a new owner for the crops?? Hint hint…

Dexy – hey! How is the bird feeder? Glad you are feeling better!! Write more often – I miss you!

Cx2 – agree on DH taking up more of my free time. I love it but I get nothing done as I am always playing around with him and doing more fun stuff.

Mrszm – my DS only wants to play in the toilet bowl water.  Poor DD2. Hope you are not getting it – you have had one pretty rough week chicka. Sorry. What are you reading right now?

Spike – agree job is not worth it. And yes, wait for better opportunity. But yay for getting interview. Great job on GF. You would have laughed at my multi-tasking today.

Rocky – HI! Hope you are doing well. Thanks for the support. I need it.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- you can take the girl out of the island, but can't take the island out of the girl.  I got my nickname of Spike from the fat dinosaur off Land Before Time, but somehow even today Aunt Spike is more fitting to me than Aunt Leah.

runninmer

I have four minutes until the next group!

rg - I pray for snow days even when there isn't snow!  Those bonus days off are priceless.  Glad R has been in such good spirits!

zorbs - J has dry splotches too.  We tried cortaid and that works pretty well for us.  Yep.  Every time J wakes up he screams...you get used to it after a while.  It must have been preggo brain because I don't remember putting them where I found them.  Glad that started early too!

bermy - Just reading about your days exhaust me.  I was thinking of you this AM and hope that you enjoy your last day on the island before you come to the US for good!  That was very sweet of your coach.  That is awesome that you found a coach and a good friend!  Even though you are moving, that relationship won't end!  (I thank the Internet for that one!)  Thanks for the offer.  I hope it goes okay.  (I know it won't, but I have to stand up for myself.)

ernie - S is the littel dare devil isn't she.  I love silence, but not when they are awake!  Makes me nervous!  Thanks for the advice about the co-worker a couple other people have said the same thing!

jen - I love how your SLOW run is a good one for me!  A run is a run at this point.  Good for you for getting on the TM in the first place!

CAR - PT progress while on vacation!?  Awesome!  I saw your 6 mo pic of O...it was adorable!

shelby - I hope you aced your exam today.  Co-worker is and always has been a B.  It flared up earlier this week.  DH and my Administrator think I should confront her.  We will see.   I am going to talk to my department head later this afternoon to see what he thinks.

dexy - Get your dog a bone!  Maybe that is why he is eating your undies!  I had to smile at that one...sorry!

cx2 - I am just like your DH.  I procrastinate like it is  no ones business!  Glad you and DH are able to get out for a while together today.  Even for errands, that baby free time is essential!

Okay, made it through page 1.  Will try to get back for pg. 2 later.

Page 2.....

mrszm - Your dinner sounds delicious.  Its a family favorite of ours!  I talk to J about going potty all. the. time.  He loves to watch me, flush, etc, but won't sit on his own.  I would LOVE to have him PT'd by the time the baby comes, but definitely don't have my hopes up for that one!

spike - I'm really glad the interview went well.  If anything, an offer would be a confidence boost.  DH is more hesitant about taking it away than I am.  I think he is afraid of what will happen to sleep more than anything.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Marathonjen

Bermy - You MUST keep Bermy...that is your brandSmile  That is how we all know and identify you...don't ruin a good thingSmile  Thank you for the nice compliment on my bangsWink  I am glad you thought of me on your run today.  It is amazing to me how often I think of runners on here whom I don't even know face to face.  I either think of them, think I see them, think they would like something I did/saw/had, etc.