Womens Running

Happy Weekend! (DAILIES) (Read 18 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Happy Weekend!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

No running for me today. Going to take the weekend off to rest and recharge mentally and “physically”. I woke up and got dressed and ready, but just didn't feel like running today and my achilles and shin are just not happy. Would like to try and get that peak week in before training starts so hoping a few days rest will help.

I am going to the gym - going to take an abs class and then a 45 minute cycle. I figure cycling will be easier on the shin and achilles. I have to get a sweat on in some kind of way! Smile

Karen - Oh man. You do have a lot of reading to do! Hope you have a great run today!

Too bad I didn't decide to not run until I got out of bed. I couldn't go back to sleep!

Gotta get going. Going to walk Ruger before I go!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Can I just say that Spin Class is NO JOKE! I really need to do that more. Man, running a marathon is easier than that.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 6 miles tonight.  BP was high this morning and I had a light headache but feeling better now.

Karen, glad you guys had lots of fun!

Liz, enjoy the rest.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

I had a decent run today. 8 miles was enough. Back in the land of humidity. I started out nice and slow, because the guy I was running with texted that he wasn't feeling well, and no one else showed up. I started at 7:02 and someone else showed up shortly after that (she was running late and I didn't know she was coming), so she drove down to the YMCA and parked (about a mile into our normal route) and waited for me there. She only wanted six miles, so it worked out well, except for the part where she was running way faster than me! Back at the Y, we stopped and talked a bit before I ran the last mile back by myself. I got a chance to catch my breath and then went easy the last mile. She said she's been doing Camp Gladiator, and sent me a code to get a month free, and talked me into meeting her at one Monday morning. I signed up and I will try to go as many as I can while it's free. I doubt I'll sign up past the month - it's $189/month!

I don't really have any weekend plans except going to the grocery store.

Liz, abs and cycle - you go! I need to take advantage of the free spin class the manager of the spin place by where we run gave me. A friend of mine teaches a class at the Y I want to try to go to sometime as well. Cardio and leg workout without the pounding of running.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 total with a 1 mile race. 7:57, slower than I wanted, but first time in over 5 years that I've run under 8 minutes, so I'll take it. It was hot and humid, so not ideal conditions. The fast runners clearly were somewhere else this morning, I was 3rd female. Had no clue that I was in that position, had I known (which I usually do in small races), I would have tried to push a little more since I was less than 1 second from 2nd.

Lizzie, spin is hard, but I like that it's no impact.

Docket, glad the headache is feeling better.

AnonymousGuest, I had to look up Camp Gladiator, never heard of it. Sounds interesting, but not for $189/month.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Happy weekend indeed, or at least today for me as tomorrow is work.

Lizzie, spin looks crazy hard!  No thanks!!!

Damaris, glad you are feeling better.

Karen, welcome back - and to the nasty humidity.  Sounds like a lovely trip!!!

HCK, congrats on the placement!!!  Wahoo.

Just got back from 4.5 hot hot hot miles.  Had to totally walk the last mile, I was melting.  If I hadn't shut off my alarms this morning, it would have been more pleasant.  Lazy.  It is 86, feels like 91 - virtually no shade or breeze.

Nothing really on tap for the day.  Peeking occasionally at the Western States page.  Local guy is running it.  After I shower in a moment I am rounding the pups up for their booster vaccines.  I had to start 2 new vaccines in order to board them at the clinic.  Not pleased, but it is cheaper and more convenient.

Enjoy the day all.

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

On the road to Auburn.  Packed up the aid station supplies in various vehicles yesterday.  A brief panic attack yesterday after discovering that our minivan is out of commission from an engine problem.  At times like this, I guess it’s good that we have too many cars and can bring up a different one.

Kat, yes, mark your calendar for the last weekend in June next year for WS.  Of course, Lisa and I will vying for a race entry in the WS lottery after Woodstock. But with one ticket, the odds will be something like 7% so I’m not holding my breath.  (I’m being a little presumptuous about Lisa entering the States lottery but why not?)

Lizzie, good call taking a rest day. Much better to start your next training cycle feeling rested than worn out and achy.  I don’t think I’d be able to do a spin class!

Damaris, enjoy the 6 later.  So you are not doing Revel Mt Hood after all?

Karen, better get reading!  That’s a lot of books. Sounds like you had a great road trip. Bet the pups were glad to have you home.

HCK, nice job taking 3rd at the race!

5 miles yesterday plus kettlebells. No running today, I’ll be on my feet most of the day and night. Have a great weekend!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

LC Runs

Hello Ladies!

6.5 this morning, holy hotness!  Tomorrow I'm making myself go earlier. But, it was actually a decent run. I also did some lower body weights.

Quiet day today, I took DS driving and then we stopped at the outlet mall for some shorts for him and his brother.  Man, it is soooo much easier to shop with boys..in and out and back home!

Lizzie - I want to try spinning some time (no classes around here).   Enjoy your rest from running weekend!

Damaris - glad you are feeling better.  Have a good 6!

Karen - I would do the same, a free month is great but $189 monthly is a bit steep!

Half K - wow, that's speedy, Great Job!

Kat - nice run!  I could not wait to get home to some ice cold water!  I need to check on the WS race.

Margaret - safe travels and bummer about the van.   That would be so cool if you (and/or Lisa) did WS next year!

Anonymous Guest

Liz, Blue Bell is on sale at Kroger! $4.99, or buy two and they go down to $3.99. Why yes, I do now have a gallon of Blue Bell in my freezer.

Damaris, nice job on the speedy running yesterday. Hope you're feeling better now than you were this morning.

HCK, speedy! And congrats on 3rd female. One second out of second place? Wow.

Kathryn, great job getting out there this morning. We're getting some storms passing through now and it's cooled way down (okay, it's down to 80, I guess way down is relative). I'm tempted to get out for a few more miles.

Margaret, I hope everything goes well at the aid station. Have a great time out there. My miles game teammate Krash is the only person I "know" running this year. They should let you in next year just to thank you for being the aid station guru all these times! Or at least give you extra lottery tickets for it.

Laura, nice job getting it done in the heat. I miss those Colorado runs I did last weekend!

Dogs are still pretty clingy. Whenever I go somewhere (even just down the street to get the mail), when I come back there is a race to see who can get on my lap first. Well, guess I better get reading!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Sitting on my booty enjoying some wine and doing little else.  Dogs are vaccinated and other than the "run" earlier, that is it.

Margaret, Lisa's response to running WS was "umm, no."  hehehe.  She is tempting me with a SD race the same weekend.  Oh, what is a girl to do.....  Run a 50K or watch Courtney Dauwalter/Jim Walmsley blur by...

Laura, I vary between girl shopping - browsing forever, and boy shopping - in/out.  I'm hoping to get up earlier tomorrow too. 10:30am here is just too damned hot.

Karen, I wonder if your storms are ours from last night.  It was pretty heavy rain here.  So, how was White Sands?  Bataan is there and it is on my 2020 list... I need to do it while there is at least one survivor alive.  2020 is my year.  Did you go back out for more miles?    How is the ice cream.  I have gotten hooked on the Haagen Dazs Ice Cream Cookie Squares.  DAMN!  I poo-poo'd the peanut butter ones for the Dulce de Leche, but wow, the peanut butter was pretty tasty.

Nothing else.  Time to get up and refill my classy Yeti wine glass.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Happy Saturday!!   Dad went with my sister and her family to Spring.  Brother will pick him up tomorrow and take him back to the farm.  Really enjoyed the big family visits, but DH and I are pooped and ready for a break.

Took a macaroon cooking class today--so much fun.  LISA-----one of the participants was wearing a Mississippi 50 hat--so we talked racing!  She said it is a great course and not very technical.

Running in the morning.  Smile

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me! I am itchy to get out there. Isn't it weird how a few days of rest makes you want to run even more?? Smile Tomorrow morning the temp is supposed to be down in the mid 60's - excited about that. I think the rest of the week is supposed to be boiling, so may do my mid-week "longer" run tomorrow. Anywho, excited to get out there! Smile

Two days rest came at a perfect time...I had food poisoning yesterday afternoon. Not sure from what..but whatever it was, phew. I haven't felt that bad in a long time. I should weight myself, I am sure I am 10lbs lighter. I had a Panera salad on Friday night? That is the only thing out of the ordinary I ate. Not sure what happened. Drank a lot of water yesterday but still really dehydrated today. Glad its a rest day.

Not sure what is on tap for today. Spending some time with HCF since he was gone most of the weekend Smile My butt is super sore from that cycling seat - haha.

Docket - Hope you had a good run!

Karen - Nice run yesterday! That smoothie you posted looked really good! Camp Gladiator

looks awesome. That is super expensive, though. A sale on Blue Bell?! I was in Kroger yesterday and it said $6.49! I am going to need to go back now. Aw, I am sure the pups are happy to be home!

Run4kupcakes - Nice job yesterday! I bet you could be even faster without the heat and humidity. I would have been upset about that 1 second! Smile Congratulations! Yes, love that spinning is no impact. I didn't even notice my aches and pains! Except my butt on that seat Smile

Kathryn - Nice job on the hot miles yesterday! I could never get into Haagen Das!

Margaret - Oh no! Sorry about the van. Glad everything worked out! Hope everything is going great at Western States!

Laura - Nice hot run yesterday! Hope you were able to get up a little earlier today Smile That is actually what started my early mornings. When I was running long in the Summer a few years ago, I wanted to be out before the sun came up. Then I just got used to waking up at that time.

Susan - That class sounds so fun! I have never had one!! I see them everywhere now, I really want to try one.

Happy Sunday! Not ready for Monday tomorrow, but at least we get July 4th off! Wish they would just give us Thursday AND Friday.

Anonymous Guest

13 for me this morning. More storms in the area so it was cloudy and the temperature was below 80 the whole time. It was super humid, but with clouds and 70s, it was bearable.

Kathryn. White Sands was really cool, BUT we just went to the National Monument, and I think Bataan is from the Missile Range or somewhere military. There's the missile stuff, and air force base, a missile museum - I would have like to have seen more since my dad was stationed there when he was in the army in the 50s (and crazysue was there in the 2000s!), but we were running out of vacation time. The monument was cool - people rent sleds and go sledding on the sand dunes.

Lizzie, ugh on the food poisoning, that sounds miserable. That's a bummer your Blue Bell isn't on sale. Ours is normally $5.88 for a half gallon, was on sale for $4.99, and then if you bought two they were $3.99 each. The smoothie was good, and they have several that look good, plus "light food" that looks good, but geez it's expensive. Since it's all organic and cold-pressed on site and all that crap, that smoothie was $8! I got $5 off my first purchase by downloading the app.......cheap frugal Karen's first purchase may be her last!

Howdy! 8 miles for me this morning!!! I haven't gone that far maybe since December! We did take a couple of walk breaks due to the heat, but done

Karen--You are correct.  Bataan is at White Sands Missile range, about 30 miles (?) from Las Cruces.  The White Sands National Monument is closer to Alamogordo, if I remember correctly.

Ran to Lowe's, grocery store after church.Came home and chilled in the pool and made blueberry jam. Busy Sunday! After supper we need to go to Target and Academy so DH can get a new pair of shoes. He is one of those people who wear the ratty-est shoes on the boat bc they are on the boat.  I told him they have no support and he is on his feet too much to wear crappy shoes. Sheesh!!  He looks like a homeless guy out there. I convinced him to get rid of some of the boat clothes--they were rags!!

Have a great Sunday.  Already dreading going to work tomorrow.  Oh well  Smile