Womens Running

It's Thursday Supermoms (Read 25 times)

runnergirl9508

Sorry, lacking creativity this morning....

RR: crunch and run class this morning, then more miles after. hoping for 8-9 total miles today. it's so nice and cool out- perfect fall temps.

TR: so much fun right now, he's been really happy all week. he walked alongside us again last night when we took the dog for a walk, and he even held the leash the whole way home, my big boy!

NRR: DH and my 5th anniversary today!!! Planning on cooking dinner for just the two of us after R goes to bed tonight. We had talked about maybe going away for a night this weekend, but now the IL"s will be here ALL WEEKEND, so that shot that plan. And i'm not comfortable leaving R alone with them for very long. FIL is an alcoholic, and while he doesn't get mean or violent, he drinks to the point where he can't walk. it's really sad, and DH gets angry with him, understandably.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 8+kms with 6x800 at 5K race pace (4:40-4:45/km - that would bag me a sub 24 and a PR). I figure if I can do 6x800 I should be able to grind out another 200 m at that pace on Sunday, right?  Hopefully the swanky track is open, a lot of them are locked up during the school year.

TR - mastering stand up peeing! Daycare lady told DH that he was being a shit all day and DH said he was too but he seemed ok after I got home from work?

FR - have to grocery shop..wasn't motivated to plan/buy for the entire week on Sunday.

WR - long night with a lot of my more annoying students.  Thursdays are gonna suck.

~~~~~~~~~~~

rg - happy anniversary! how many did you have show up for your class the other day?  it's too bad you can't get away for the weekend.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

L e e l a

RR - Pool Running today.  I've got 5-6 on the schedule so I'll do 50-60 minutes.  I assume a 10 min. mile in the pool, even though my effort is more.  I don't want to over-estimate mileage.  The pool at the facility I usually use is closed for maintenance so I'm going to the other facility of my gym.  I hope it's not too crowded.

RR2 - I think I've mentioned that I've had some minor plantar faciitis in the past that wearing my Birkenstocks has solved.  It flared up a bit yesterday after my 8 mile run, so I got worried.  I made a PT appointment for Friday morning and read about the plantar facia in Anatomy for Runners.  I did some intense massage of the fascia last night and this morning, and it feels great this morning.  I think I'm just going to have to stay on top of it with massage as well as my Birks.

NRR - I am in love with the new stick vacuum I got last week.  It makes it so easy to zip around to pick up all the kid crumbs and cat hair on the floor. I feel like such a Suzy homemaker to say that!

TR - She's started telling me she is lonely and wants friends over the play.  Yesterday she was obsessed with having her friend Sophia come over.  I got in touch with Sophia's parents but she couldn't come over.  B didn't understand that Sophia couldn't just drop everything and come over immediately.  I think she got thrown off since the day before my friend stopped by on the spur of the moment with her three kids, one of whom is B's good friend.  Toddler social lives ...

FR - Yesterday's stuffed acorn squash was good but not particularly filing.  I was okay since I'd eaten more throughout the day, but DH had to have second dinner ...

running eh

RR - need to do yoga today.  I have been slacking w. stretching and my body is starting to complain about it.

FR - ended up having butternut squash soup last night, tonight will be the stew

KR - DS enjoyed his first day of school.  I am a little worried about him though.  He is a follower and there are some really wild boys in that class - hopefully he doesn't give the teacher too many headaches.

BBL

L e e l a

rg - Happy Anniversary!  Don't you love the cooler temperatures!?!

Zorbs - Nice run this morning!

running eh

rg - Happy Anniversary!  Have a good dinner tonight - sorry that getting away didn't work out.  What about another weekend.  DH and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary (which was in August) while we are in Virginia for the marathon.  Hope crunch and run goes well, have a great run.

zorbs - oohh, sounds like you have a great run planned, hope it went well and the PM stayed away!  DS just started SK and he still doesn't stand to pee, I told DH he was going to have to teach him to do that.

leela - have a great run at the pool - I know you have answered this before, but are you running on the sport or do you run through the pool?  Sorry that the squash was not filling.  I think that is common for me when I eat veggie food and then I often feel bad for DH, he builds houses, so he is active all day.  I try to do veggie once a week though.  yay for a great vacuum!  Smile

runninmer

Morning.  Hoping for an ounce of down time once the day gets started for personals.

RR:  Lots of walking around the building.  I should have been using a pedometer to see how far I go every day.

TR:  I miss him.  Cry  Saw him Tuesday for about 30 min. and that's about it.  I wish I could crawl in bed with  him when I get home, but I don't fit!

NRR:  Work has been super busy as I knew it would.  Things will calm down next week, which I am really looking forward to.  That and being home for dinner.

FR:  District is buying us pizza for tonight.  I need to find myself an ice cold orange soda and I  will be all set!

PGR:  Appt. yesterday.  Still 1 cm, but am now 75% effaced.  DH and I always get a little more freaked out after those appts.  Question:  Did anyone who has more than 1 kid but a gift for the older one from the new baby to give to them when they come visit in the hospital?  I was thinking about finding a book about being a big brother.  Thoughts?  Suggestions?

I hope to be back for personals today!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

armmama

morning!

RR - SRD.  This chiro place I went yesterday had so much more going on than my old place.  They did electric stim, massage, graston and ART on me.  My butt is super sore today so I hope it feels better when I run tomorrow.

BR - loved his first day of toddler block care!  In the car before we went in I asked him if he was ready to play and he got all excited and said "dida ball?".  Then we walked in and he saw toy cars and he started repeating "dida car?  dida car?" and he reached his arms out for the childcare lady so he could go in and start playing. He could have cared less that I left.

KR - school still going well!

FR - leftover stuffed peppers

NRR - meeting a friend and her 2 year old boy at the zoo this morning after taking the girls to school.  Should be a great day for it!

rg - happy anniversary!!  I hope you can get out and do something fun.  That's too bad about FIL.  My FIL was the exact same way and passed away 2 years ago because of it.  He was too young and it was sad.  I hope this doesn't come out wrong but MIL seems so free now because she doesn't have to take care of him anymore.

zorbs - woohoo on the peeing standing up!  I hope his aim is good Wink.  We actually have a urinal in our basement so I told DH that's his and L's spot when we start PTing.

leela - way to stay on top of those injuries!  I felt kind of dumb yesterday when I was filling out paperwork at the chiro and rated my pain a 3 on a scale from 1-10, but I just want to take care of it now before it gets worse.  Pool running is something I should start doing again, at least one day a week.

eh - yum I was just looknig at a butternut squash yesterday thinking about making soup but I'm waiting until this weather cools down so it feels like fall again.  Glad the first day of school went well!

armmama

mer - yay you're getting so close!  I bought DD1 that Big Sister Dora DVD when I had #2.  And DD2 got a Big Sister book when #3 came along, although I can't remember if I got it for her or if someone else did.  When #4 came along I bought all the girls Big Sister shirts, they loved them!

mrszackmorris

rr: might try to run today. Knee wound is still really sore and when I was cleaning it yesterday realized there is a deep bruise for about 4 inches. Ugh.

kr: dd1 is exhausted. I wanted her to take a nap yesterday since it was early release and she was home earlier but she didn't. Promised she would take one today after school.

tr: day 2 of school!

br: attachment is out of control. How will it get better if it is just me and him most mornings?

nrr: supposed to go to a 31 party tonight but think I'm going to bail.

fr: Stromboli I think. Gotta get to the store.

-------------

rg: happy anniversary!!

zorbs: yay for peeing standing up. I think I'm going to teach c that way. well maybe dh will have to...

leela: have fun pool running. Do you do it every week? I know I should start swimming again but the hours are so weird at the local pool.

eh: glad ds had a great day at school. Fortunately my kids aren't followers so they just come home and tattle on all the naughty kids. Smile

mer: are you getting checked at every appointment?  ask to not be checked so you don't have to freak out. No big sister gifts from us but other people always got them stuff.

arm: glad L liked his morning out. I am always sore the day of and after ART but then feel great! I'm going tomorrow!

ernie: did you find out anything about af at your appointment the other day?

Erniegirl

RR - Going to wake up DH soon so I can head out for a hilly 11k. Only 12C at nearly 9 am. It's perfect running weather, that's for sure.

TR - She and my niece were wild and crazy maniacs together yesterday afternoon. They just chased each other around the house for two hours, shrieking the whole time, and jumping on the beds and falling off. So much energy. Maybe from all the peaches they polished off.

FR - Chicken tortilla salad. This cool weather is making me want to bake something, too.

NRR - Community centre this morning, farm visit this afternoon. We didn't end up swimming at my sister's house yesterday. The cover was still on the pool, so we would have had to take it off and clean a bit, which didn't seem worth it since it wasn't all that warm out. I mopped, scrubbed and re-organized our front entrance yesterday evening. Looks so much better. I've got to get back to my method of giving one room a day a good cleaning. The house stays so much more presentable that way!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

leela - one of my clients got shin splints from wearing new birks. I hate pool running, they play old people music at the pool for old people and my phone is obviously not waterproof!  I have a really good stuffed squash recipe, but it is good because of the sausage.  Maybe you can substitute veg sausage?

eh - nope, PM got me this morning Sad I told DH it was his job to teach B the stand up pee but DH replied, "it's not hard to figure out".

mer - you have been all about the orange flavour this pg, haven't you?

arm - a urinal in the basement? did that come with the house? was it part of a mancave?  B's aim is pretty good except he pulls it back before he finishes the last few drops, which end up on the floor.  Sigh.

mrszm - what's a 31 party?

ernie - you should do repeats on that Doane Rd/Leslie hill. Smile

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CTimesTwo

Hi ladies, just flying by..

ER - elliptical, ST/Core

TR - threw a huge fit yesterday when I had to put her down so I could finish making dinner... she was totally inconsolable so DH and I left her on the couch to continue her fit while we ate dinner.  After 20 minutes she was calm enough that I could hold her and she ended up eating her dinner while sitting on my lap... that's 2 nights in a row with massive tantrums...ugh...

NRR - have the day off today, running a few errands later....

rg - happy anniversary!

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - 8-10k on the TM, probably this afternoon during O's nap.  I was thinking of doing some sort of tempo/speed but my legs are super tired from the last two days workouts, so I'll play that one by ear.

TR - DH slept downstairs last night bc it was hot, I slept upstairs, something bopped me in the face at 3 am, it was M and she wanted a pillow... got her a pillow and my arm became her lovey as she cuddled it to fall asleep, cute, but I'm tired now.

BR - need to buy her a carseat for MIL/DH's cars in the next few days.  I want another Radian bc they are so narrow and good for traveling with, but they're expensive!

FR - made up a plan for the first 2 weeks of work, going to grocery shop today, and then this weekend I'm going to make a bunch of casseroles, etc.  Tonight might be paleo spaghetti and meat sauce, unless I get some other inspiration.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

beckykay

RG:  HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!  Wow, that is so sad.  I am glad I don't have to deal with that.....

RR:  5 on tap today, slowly though.  I haven't been coughing my head off so I think I can make it.  I feel hung over though and no a drop to drink.

TR:  Somehow ended up in our bed last night.  The little monster is like an oven and insists on touching you while he is sleeping.

SRR:  Had a discussion with DH about trying to schedule his 5ks over my halfs Smile  I know I may sound mean, but he isn't serious about this stuff - doesn't train at all, so why should I have to miss out on a race for him.   If he didn't complain about running, I would be all supportive of him running but I don't even know why he registered for races.  He whines and moans about it afterwards.  Anywho, I guess I will be doing a 1 miler with C on Sat. instead of the Farmville Half.

FR:  BBQ pork for the boys, grilled chicken salad for me.